Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2015 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, So-Chun Hyuk has quite a goal set in mind now. Hope he can accomplish it. Guess we'll see in the next series and also, Shihooo
Stark700May 8, 2015 12:49 AM
May 7, 2015 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Is the young lady cooperating because they have black mailed her over Shion?
May 8, 2015 12:26 AM

Jan 2014
wow, she just set that guy ablaze for smack talking about Shi-woon. I wonder what role she will have from now on? does she still have feelings for Shi-woon or will she become somewhat of an antagonist?.

I am really excited to find out, but that'll be a long time coming.
May 8, 2015 12:42 AM
Feb 2014
Found the epilogue completely underwhelming. Shiho getting "revived" is a major event but it still feels like it isn't an event which is suited to signal the end of The Breaker: New Waves. It almost feels like the author forgot about Shiho's circumstance and while writing / drawing the epilogue, suddenly remembered it and decided to slap it on. I also found it weird how So-Chun Hyuk was entitled a genius, not just as a fighter but as a tactician multiple times during the first season, capable of fooling even the Murim Alliance but now can't even get a clue as to how fucked up his brother was, despite his brother going on a rampage for a good portion of the season. This chapter also confirms how bad I think of the sexy whip girl as a character. I actually liked her character before the scene where she killed So-Chun Hyuk's brother and suddenly became a spy-who's-super-good-at-conceiling-her-true-strength. The good thing is that they showed that the Young Lady still cares for Shi-Woon, I honestly would have found it weird if they suddenly said she was "brainwashed" since it was shown in season 1 that she had incredible mental strength despite having a frail body. Or maybe she was indeed brainwashed but they couldn't remove her feelings for Shi-Woon.

Apart from the super grandpas, the quality and pacing of season 2 / "New Waves" is, for me, way inferior to the first season. Oh well, at least I won't end up checking for updates on the third season every week because of this decrease in quality.
May 8, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
Lol...Shiho is back, Shi-Woon starts his training with a new master, So-Sul still has feelings for Shi-Woon and we can't expect the sequel to New Waves anytime soon. I'm calling that bullshit.
May 8, 2015 1:05 AM

Dec 2013
So-Sul feelings haven't changed. No surprise there.

Cliffhanger was okay I guess. I'm happy to see her again :)
May 8, 2015 1:48 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Is the sequel confirmed? Does anyone have any info?

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 8, 2015 1:52 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, there will be a third part, but not now. :(
May 8, 2015 1:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really sucks knowing that we have to wait 1-2 years for part 3......Oh well, NW was amazing and I'm glad to have read it
May 8, 2015 2:45 AM

Jan 2011
This was definitely an interesting epilogue and really makes me excited for sequel but sadly that won't be coming out any time soon. Nevertheless, this still got me hyped. Jang So-Sul killed that guy was insane. She seems to still have strong feelings for Shi-Woon. Finally, Shiho wakes up, ermagawd!!
May 8, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
The hype is SO REAL.

So sul transformation to a sexy woman?
With that kind of power?

Shiho is back?

More revelations?

War hype?

3rd part pls.
PLS
May 8, 2015 4:29 AM

Nov 2012
Would have been more useful for you to wake up about 10 chapters ago, Shiho.
May 8, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
The breaker went pretty shitty at the end 6/10
May 8, 2015 7:52 AM

Sep 2011
I hope part 3 doesn't take long to start. I love this manga.
May 8, 2015 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
wait so Jung Chan really did die from the poisoning?

FINALLY!!

i wanted Shi-Woon to give him at least one last beat down but i'm glad the bastard is supposedly dead now.
May 9, 2015 3:09 AM
Nov 2007
I bet she's lost her memory. :s
May 9, 2015 5:57 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think so, because it's her who needs to change 9AD in the end.
May 9, 2015 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
I can already see the drama when 9AD finds out about zombie Shiho and she can't recognize him.
May 9, 2015 6:53 PM

May 2013
Shiho is back, can't wait to see her role in the next season.
May 9, 2015 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
Shioon improved so damn much in New Waves.
May 10, 2015 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
wow shioon get new master.. and shiho is back... what happen to shiho.. cant wait to the next season
May 10, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2012
Dyslexic said:
I can already see the drama when 9AD finds out about zombie Shiho and she can't recognize him.

Yap,this is going to happen 99 %.
May 10, 2015 10:13 AM
Mar 2013
Ughh I really hope they release season 3 within a year because from the looks of it, it seems like we're gonna have to wait till 2030 = =

Glad to see Shiho back in the series :>
I wonder how Shioon will train under that new master hue
May 10, 2015 10:27 AM

May 2014
They said they made a lot of drugs from Shioons blood, it means they can make as many "Shionn copy" as they want. Am I right?

It is also intresting, because if 9AD would take the drug he would be impossible to beat... even for a powered up Shioon.
Also considering Shioon had a weak body before, almost everyone can overpower him if they get one.
May 13, 2015 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
SHIHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope that they come out with a part 3 to the series.
May 13, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
Bleachway said:
SHIHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A part 3 has already been confirmed but it won't come out for a while.
May 14, 2015 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
I call this Bullshit!!! They can produce that drug from Shioons blood as much as they want but it's impossible to copy Shioons power. Yes that drug might give you incredible physical boost but it'simpossible to copy his Spirit, and whats makes him so strong now is his godlike Spirit.
May 14, 2015 4:49 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
What a lackluster last scene. Once the dude started talking about "a woman", I was sure it was Shiho and oh-what-a-surprise, it was... I kinda hate those kind of twists, cause it seems like the writer has run out of inspiration and has to bring back "dead" people to make things more interesting (even though things were already interesting in this case). I like Shiho, but she died and she should have stayed this way, but oh well, what can you do. Even this series had to be "one of them".
May 14, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Bleachway said:
SHIHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A part 3 has already been confirmed but it won't come out for a while.

Pretty much the authors confirmed that they will do a s3 and that it will likely be twice as long as s2.
The problem is that before even starting it they want to do a new series so it's possible we'll have to wait a few years before s3 depending on how long that series will be published.
May 15, 2015 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
Really didn't like the ending and I was hoping she'd stay dead. Almost wanted to drop the score down to an 8, but I'll keep it at a 9 I think. Season 1 was much better than S2 though. Here's hoping S3 doesn't take a long ass time.
May 15, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
Completely underwhelming despite Shiho's revival. I just hope S3 comes in the next 1-2 years.
May 15, 2015 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Surprisingly didn't like the ending. Now just have to wait for part 3.
May 15, 2015 1:56 PM
Mar 2012
Overall, I found S1 more enjoyable than S2, but maybe that was because it wasn't nearly as dragged out as S2. Hopefully the set-up in the last few chapters will give spectacular material for S3, in which the authors said might as well be around 40 volumes long (around the length of Fairy Tail currently), giving us a whooping total of 60 volumes O.o
May 18, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2012
What a great epilogue ,Shihoo is still alive,thought she was dead back then
good bye

May 18, 2015 8:20 PM

Jul 2009
HOLY SHIT. SO MANY THINGS TO EXPECT FROM THE SEQUEL! I mean, WTF. I can imagine Shi-won's and Goomoonryong's fighting and then out of nowhere, SHIHO!

I was really disappointed though!! I really wanted "Phoenix" Shi-won to at least land ONE critical hit on his teacher ... ugh, I his new master really does teach him and enable him to ACTUALLY beat the SHIT out of him.

And damn, even though i loved that Sul burned that guy for talking smack about Shi-won, I really think that she is going to be some sort of antagonist in the third season.

And agreeing with most on this forum, S1 is WAY better than S2, but that might just be bias of just finishing a cliff hanger that is quite similar to S1, Shi-won getting beat and reviving.
May 20, 2015 2:59 AM

Jun 2011
If anyone had any idea when will part 3 start, please kindly drop a message on my profile or pm me. :)

Part 2 was pretty cool with the whole gang/mafia-ish matter, but I didn't quite liked the part with 9AD later on. I also hope that the coming sequel will not have that much new female or pretty boy characters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 21, 2015 12:27 AM
Sep 2014
What ever happened to Sae Hie?
May 21, 2015 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
Tehgamma said:
What ever happened to Sae Hie?

I'd like to know that myself. A big part of part 1 was focused on her. Guess she isn't a pivotal character now.
May 23, 2015 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't enjoyed New Waves as much as I did original Breaker. The only thing that kept me reading was to see what will happen next and how everything will end.

Oh well, will wait for year or two for sequel ;)
May 26, 2015 8:52 AM

Feb 2008
so many loose ends...probably because there is a third part. i think the author was torn in so many directions he neglected a few plot lines. still, the story was never really about anybody else but maybe two people. hopefully the third season will be a bit more balanced.

this would really make a great anime candidate.
May 26, 2015 10:52 PM

Dec 2013
Prepare yourselves for the 10th art dragon. (Surpassing the 9 arts dragon, he came up with a fusion of em all! The 10th art LOLZ)
Jun 2, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
Eh the last 2 chapters have been okay.

The first season was definitely far better. Hopefully when season 3 rolls around it will be just as good as season 1 was. Also the author will need to fix up the holes and issues left over from part 2.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Jun 3, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
New waves was underwhelming, had a weak storyline with just few interesting fights. Other than that it was pretty much a waste of time. Author instead of making a step forward and build upon experience from S1, he made 10 steps backwards. He says he had thought things through for 40 volumes? Well, that pretty much confirms that he sacrificed quality for quantity. I don't really like where it's going.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jun 4, 2015 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like Shi-woon still has friendship of the true Leader Sunwoo Clan, The Lady...
That Mad Doctor ripped just Deserts... Damn Little Lady is Powerful One.

O_-_O O___o ONEE-SAMA RETURNS TO SEASON 3!!! YEY!!! SHE LIVES!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 9, 2015 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
Whew...finally finish the first season and second season in 3 days(busy..if not I can finish it in one day).
There are still a lot of questions that have not been answer yet...such as who is that guy the leader of black forest.
Sosul burning that guy...she is strong huh.
Shiho come back to life...this is good, but will she remember since her brain is dead for so long.
Shi-Woon gain a new master that can teach him the 9AD...
Hope the 3rd season will come out soon and I want to see more romance in this series.
Overall score: 9/10
Jan 1, 2016 8:11 PM
Jan 2016
Shiho wake up,, well its not suprise me,, but the thinks is, what kaiser was said, he said shiho was a precious pion too.. hehe in this point it will become as an elemental of suprise for this menhwa, coz we dont know which side will be she choose, coz we dont know is it her is the same as the way before or its a different personality, we dont the impact for being resurect. Hehe

The other interesting point is the tournament, that we know from the very start of this manhwa and we forget until the epilog say it again hahaha.. so interesting right...

The appear of ex chief of murim allianz is not a supprise,, but i really want to know who else the 10 grandmaster? They should appear in the third season hahaha must. And what will they do? What they role? we already know two, and i really want to know what will ghost doct would do?

The young master chun do, will he be missunderstanding with sunwoo gaju coz he big bro die or he will be cooperate to find the truth ,, yeah anyway he and shion is a rival after all.

Soshul feeling to shion its not supprising me but the problem is what will kaiser do after knowing that.

Yeah and for ginny who get the book from her grandpa its good but not that we can't predict... as for shion we all already know he will be accept anything or anyone challange and face it !! Coz he already make decision.. is to answear their hope.

Thats my opinion ,, and im sorry my english is bad coz im from indonesia.

Take it easy the show will continue after all the most and high paymen for yhe author is the feeling that he finish his work and get pleasure from us the fans. So he will never stop he just enjoying our curiousity and he think hard about the best scenario for this manhwa. See ya
Jan 13, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
Kinda bullshit ending & overall fights in the end.

So Shi-Woon received that "new body" according to the old doctor which would make him one of the strongest guys in the world, not only that but he also activated the phoenix cry which makes him "revive" I believe and gives him yet another boost and on top of that he uses the forbidden technique only him and the 9 AD(his master) know which is supposed to be the strongest technique in existence AND, it's not over yet, AND he has the KI of 50-100 people due to the pill he took in Season 1. YET, YET 9 AD (his master) didn't even break a sweat breaking his 2 legs and arms in an instant.

I get it that he shouldn't be stronger but at least expected him to give him some kind of a decent fight with all those super extremely rare boosts stacking up.

Hell even the leader of the alliance gave the 9AD a better run for his money.

Then there's also the whole "Oh yea I totally planned this, I'm gonna beat the sht out of you so that you can grow and come catch me so you'll be the strongest nigger around, why the fuck would I train you which would take half the time it will take you to reach me but fuck that I'll just beat the shit outta you"

Plus he also knew he was being manipulated and perhaps would be a sacrifice if he pressed the switch and he still went back
Mar 29, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Shiho probably has no memories.
Jul 7, 2016 2:44 AM

Jul 2016
Overall this manga was fucking awful compared to the original. Shihoon has to be one of the most generic & annoying protagonists ever and the rest of the characters can't stop circlejerking over him. The whole getting his ki center back plot was dragged out way too much.

Every arc followed the same formula here and was disappointing. And the new characters apart from the two elders sucked, especially the lame waifu's
Nov 30, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
Shiho is finally awake!!! What a way to end it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 140 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

12 by SoulArcher »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:43 PM

» The Breaker Season 3

KazukiMakoto - Jul 16, 2016

4 by Grazih »»
Aug 8, 2022 7:10 PM

» Breaker season 3 page

floater9 - Jun 3, 2022

3 by Chronowarp »»
Jun 18, 2022 6:20 AM

» Season 3 coming this spring

Tybor - Mar 20, 2022

24 by Busujima_Saeko »»
May 19, 2022 10:15 PM

» Season three began

Zayn_jl - May 11, 2022

1 by rkram132 »»
May 14, 2022 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.