Forum Settings
Forums

2015 MAL Profile Community Feedback and Suggestions

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 8, 2015 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
Rasco said:
Veronin said:
It's a completely useless feature because you can just open up their list to get an idea of what kind of anime the person watches. It's redundant information taking up precious space for other, more important changes.

Since you ignored My Reasons.. I'll just say that The profile Picture is just as "useless" since its just a RANDOM picture from the internet lol. But you like looking at it no? Just like many like looking at random anime from a profile.

But all your reasons for wanting it can be solved by just opening their anime list.

The profile picture is the entire identity of the user, so yeah, I'd say that's pretty important. People recognise pictures more easily than they do names.
May 8, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
Like it was being said above, +1 to decreasing the sensitivity of the PTW list bar in the anime stats. I never understood why it went up faster than the other bars anyway.
May 8, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2014
I'm excited for some changes, so thanks!

I have a private list, so I'd really like more options to too keep it private. To reiterate what some have said hiding last update list, and the random anime/manga would be great. Personally I'd like anime and manga stats to be hidden as well. I'm not sure if it'd be too much but would it be possible to have options on all the profile items to either be public, private, or friends only?

Also for visual changes maybe the possibility to rearrange order in where things are on the profile? I was thinking maybe a drag and drop system to rearrange things. Though that may be too ambitious.

Small change wise it'd be nice if there were an option to change the base color on profile and possibly elsewhere on the site. Even if it was just a handful of different colors to choose from, it'd make for a nice change so everything wasn't so blue and it could match your anime/manga list.

I'd also be nice if there was an option to choose for listing names to be shown in English or Romaji.
May 8, 2015 6:42 PM

Mar 2010
Veronin said:
Rasco said:

Since you ignored My Reasons.. I'll just say that The profile Picture is just as "useless" since its just a RANDOM picture from the internet lol. But you like looking at it no? Just like many like looking at random anime from a profile.

But all your reasons for wanting it can be solved by just opening their anime list.

The profile picture is the entire identity of the user, so yeah, I'd say that's pretty important. People recognise pictures more easily than they do names.
That wasn't my point.. I also don't view a Anime list by default when I go to a profile..

No your profile pic is different than your Forum pic, so you have Two identities? also A username is efficient for a ID for the interwebs.. I think a pic just makes things more bearable I'll agree with that .__.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 8, 2015 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Rasco said:
Thankfully those are not your principles. Unless your idea of favorites is dictated by xinil lol no really stop it. Having ten favorites or whatever does not make the idea of favorites less valuable.
10 is less valuable than 5 so yeah it does.
You don't have to have 10 though. If you find only having 5 to be more valuable than you're still more than able to only have 5 anime favorites. Some people may find having 10 favorite anime to be more valuable, be it because they've seen an extensive number of anime or because they just have more than 5 shows that they love enough to call a favorite.

Having a max of 10 doesn't necessarily mean one has to use 10. You can still keep your own favorites down to your preferred value of 5 and make those specific 5 stand out as such, y'know?
May 8, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
ihateeveryone said:
IntroverTurtle said:
10 is less valuable than 5 so yeah it does.
You don't have to have 10 though. If you find only having 5 to be more valuable than you're still more than able to only have 5 anime favorites. Some people may find having 10 favorite anime to be more valuable, be it because they've seen an extensive number of anime or because they just have more than 5 shows that they love enough to call a favorite.

Having a max of 10 doesn't necessarily mean one has to use 10. You can still keep your own favorites down to your preferred value of 5 and make those specific 5 stand out as such, y'know?

I was just about to post this. You don't have to use more than five if you don't want to, plus "top ten" is a commonly chosen grouping for favorites of anything.

worldeditor11 said:
3. The purpose of having "friends" in MAL

At present, they are nothing but just a link on one of the tabs. It serves no purpose whatsoever other than viewing lists and having his/her username under the friends tab. I would like it to be more than that. First, allow instant messaging between friends rather than using mail. This might burden the servers to an extent however but I think it is possible to be implemented. Second, allow something like event scheduler where you invite your friend to watch an anime with you. You send a request to one of your friend containing information such as which anime included with date and time, he/she can just reply with a simple yes or no. These are merely suggestions. If you have any ideas in giving more features on having friends with a certain user, feel free to do so. What I want is an actual merit in befriending other users rather than a mere title.

There is another function related to friends, actually: In any anime's stats page, you can see what your friends have rated it. I personally find this to be more useful in giving a first impression than MAL's score.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Support:
• Allow 10 favorites in anime/manga fields.
Add a + option in the recent updates.
• Add notifications for new comments posted on one's profile, similar to PM/friend request/club invite notifications.
• Display "Banned" in user rank if the user is banned. If this isn't acceptable with any ban, then at least show it if the user is permabanned.
• Add two separate links on profiles to show/hide a user's about me and comments, and allow users to set the default (shown or hidden) for their page.
• Hide unused favorites fields.
• Hide blog section if no blog posts have been made.

Oppose:
• Auto-loading comments at the bottom of the page. I find that obnoxious. At least make it optional globally if this is implemented.
• Endless favorites. It does lose its point once you have so many.

Neutral:
• Allow 10 favorites in anime/manga fields. (Introver has a valid point.)
• Moving the comment box above comments. At first I didn't think I would like this, but it does make sense logically since new comments appear at the top. It would just take some time to get used to it.
• Removing random anime/manga section.
TripleSRankMay 9, 2015 1:50 AM
May 8, 2015 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
i got a reply from Shishio-kun the admin of the custom lists club
he supports the CSS editing of the profile pages, so i will support that too

so ye again CSS editing of profile pages please
May 8, 2015 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
Akarin said:
If it's possible, can you make an infinite number of favorites for each category, but show only first 5 (10?) on profile pages? With the link to full favorites list.

I really like this idea, as I'm always stuck trying to narrow down to ten. If I could add more that would show on the separate page like that, I'd feel less guilty kicking characters like Haruhara Haruko and Onizuka out of my top 10.

Also, maybe a link somewhere to threads posted by a user? Maybe in a tab like reviews and friends are. It's kinda hard to find posts by somebody when you forget it's in the forum search, which I rarely use.
May 8, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out... well the obvious, over and over again and not much else. I'm pretty sure I know that as soon as they implement 10 favorite slots I will not lose all control of my body and be forced to fill them all out, I'm at least pretty sure.

My point is then I'll have to see it on other people's profiles because most everyone will fill them all out. The side will get twice as large and take twice as long to read and people will spend half as much time figuring and whittling down their favorites which is the exact opposite of why I liked it before. And 10 will never be more valuable than 5. Just like have 10 minutes of oxygen left will never be as dire and valuable as the last 5 minutes.

And you're telling me that some people may have watched so much that they have more than 5 favorites, really? Most everyone has more than 5 favorites, the point of the 5 spots is to whittle down your favorites to your top favorites, the select few that stuck out the most. That doesn't mean the others still aren't favorites, they just aren't the top ones. The top ones is a small list of favorites that mean the most to you/you think are the best/best represent your taste or anime watching career/etc, so being small not only increases their importance but makes it easier to see as someone is browsing your page.

TripleSRank said:
I was just about to post this. You don't have to use more than five if you don't want to, plus "top ten" is a commonly chosen grouping for favorites of anything.
Once again with the obvious you guys, I'm not five, and maybe with Youtube videos. 5 is used more elsewhere and 10 doesn't really fit on our pages that well, it's not as easy to see.
May 8, 2015 10:29 PM

Jun 2012
Veronin said:
j0x said:
im not really seriously supporting it like i said previously as long as we have the ability to hide the favorites sections but how about adding a "Show More Favorites" button and tab/page? im thinking something like this

I don't see the point. You can just open their list and sort by rating.

I believe this concept serves as an idea of minimalizing page. I like this idea. I'm for making profile page more compact. I've made a little prototype. This makes the page more compact and does not overload person's eye looking at the page with pile of characters.

xleMay 8, 2015 10:37 PM
May 8, 2015 10:42 PM
Aug 2011
Make it one favorite so we can be the cleanest website around.

Comment box moved on top of Profile Comments, not at the end of the page.

Add me to the list of people who don't like this.
Unless you add an option to hide/collapse the entire comments section.
I've noticed an increasing number of users who have resorted to 'spoilering' their comments.
May 8, 2015 10:42 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
elevenletters said:
Some people with private lists have previously suggested an option where you could hide your 'Last List Updates'.

I support this idea.

The achievement idea also seems neat.

Yeah, I support these two ideas as well.
busanMay 8, 2015 10:46 PM

May 8, 2015 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
Sendji said:

i like this done on the comments section more like fully hiding the comments section with a spoiler tag for now
May 8, 2015 10:47 PM

Jun 2012
j0x said:
Sendji said:

i like this done on the comments section more like fully hiding the comments section with a spoiler tag for now

Yep, that would also be nice implementation.
May 8, 2015 10:54 PM

Jun 2012
Do we need three links per list on the page? I guess one that under the profile pic would be enough.

Sendji said:
j0x said:

Yep, that would also be nice implementation.

Misread you. Sorry. I though would be nice to hide the message box inside the spoiler.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
_Ghost_May 10, 2015 7:46 AM
May 8, 2015 11:00 PM

Oct 2014
Comment notification.
May 8, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
Undim said:
j0x said:

I hate when profiles do that.

some people just like minimalism more, and seriously if we have the ability to edit CSS on our profile page then every user can customize their profile page whatever they like anyway

Sendji said:
Do we need three links per list on the page? I guess one that under the profile pic would be enough.

ye they plan to reduce it, try reading number 5 point on the first page
May 8, 2015 11:02 PM

Jun 2012
Undim said:
Sendji said:

That's already mentioned in the OP.

Aah. So this is what it means. Misunderstood at first this suggestion.
May 8, 2015 11:06 PM

Nov 2012
BadJuju said:
Comment notification.

yes please

besides that, please don't change the profile layout too much, it should stay simple and clear.
May 8, 2015 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
Undim said:
j0x said:
some people just like minimalism more

And some people like to click less.

fair enough, we need tolerance for each side then lol
May 8, 2015 11:23 PM

Jun 2012
Another tidying up feature. Removing RSS links from the profile page and placing them on the tabs line

May 8, 2015 11:39 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't gone through all the pages to see what all has been suggested so far, but I agree with getting rid of all the excessive links to the lists. I also agree with moving the RSS feeds, adding more favorites with a display more option, etc. One thing I also don't care about is the anime and manga list view counts. So if there'd be an option to make some parts of profiles private, that'd be awesome.
May 9, 2015 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
1. Favorites limit increased to 10 for each category.

I support this.

2. Removal of Random Anime/Manga section.

Support.

3. Removal of AIM/MSN/Yahoo and addition of FB/Twitter/Skype/G+ fields.

Support. I'm actually indifferent to this because I won't use these fields regardless, but catching up with the times by replacing old social networking platforms with the new ones is a good thing nonetheless.

4. Comment box moved on top of Profile Comments, not at the end of the page.

Oppose. I personally think the comment box being at the bottom of the profile looks good. I like the current layout of the MAL profile.

5. Reducing the number of links to Anime/Manga Lists.

Oppose. The more the merrier, imo. I like having quick and easy access to my lists anytime and anywhere. I don't see the benefits in removing some of them, but maybe I'm missing something.

MALgraph features are being considered for future improvements so please save your ideas related to this for now!

I don't understand. I thought MALgraph was supposed to be shutting down here shortly? Why implement MALgraph features if the site will cease to exist in a month?

==

As for suggestions I would like to add, I've seen people in this thread recommend profile comment notifications, but I think forum quote notification would be more useful.
FallingSn0wMay 9, 2015 2:05 AM
May 9, 2015 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
Fantasee said:

MALgraph features are being considered for future improvements so please save your ideas related to this for now!

I don't understand. I thought MALgraph was supposed to be shutting down here shortly? Why implement MALgraph features if the sight will cease to exist in a month?

they are saying they gonna copy and improve the features of MALGraph, so no need for MALGraph anymore because MAL will make its own thing
May 9, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
Fantasee said:

I don't understand. I thought MALgraph was supposed to be shutting down here shortly? Why implement MALgraph features if the sight will cease to exist in a month?

they are saying they gonna copy and improve the features of MALGraph, so no need for MALGraph anymore because MAL will make its own thing

Ahh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like a good idea then.
May 9, 2015 2:25 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Please either of these:
1. Fill-in-the-blank Gender option
2. Other option (less desirable for some)
3. Change 'Gender' to 'Sex' and add an Intersex option and anything else which might fall into this category?

A fill-in-the-blank would be catch-all and please-all. No one would have to worry about folks who are butthurt about their gender not being on a list of "more gender options" and no one would sob about being "othered". A fill-in-the-blank gender option is seriously the way to go. Just used another site with it and it was great.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 9, 2015 4:45 AM

May 2012
profile changes? sounds good.
didnt read all suggestions so far so I'll just leave it here

1. Somehow to customize your profile page. Like having a wallpaper or a simple header.

2. better display of comments. Like when you respond to a comment that you can quickly access the answer or check the conversation thread (like on twitter/fb)
May 9, 2015 4:57 AM

Oct 2009
SylakentH said:
1. Somehow to customize your profile page. Like having a wallpaper or a simple header

Yes. Or a custom CSS so that we can fully customize it just like our lists
May 9, 2015 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
along with facebook/twitter tumblr should also be added, a lot of mal users are on tumblr too,
May 9, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
No love for a 'threads' tab?

Serhiyko said:
SylakentH said:
1. Somehow to customize your profile page. Like having a wallpaper or a simple header

Yes. Or a custom CSS so that we can fully customize it just like our lists

How much of the profile could be edited with CSS? That could be a disaster if it's too much. It sounds like it could work if done carefully, though.

BadJuju said:
Comment notification.

YES. Nobody really uses PMs these days, and I usually don't see my comments until several hours later, even if I'm on.
May 9, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Undim said:

But you'd be more valuable if you were.

Sorry.
Yes, children are our future, thanks for reminding me that.

So for you 1>2>3>5>10>20>40 Etc. Okay I think your a idealist. Or you have contempt for thought; since you believe 10 cannot be appreciated as much as 5. Why not advocate for everything to only have one then?
Top 1 Favorite Anime
Top 1 Favorite Manga
Top 1 Favorite Characters
Top 1 Favorite People

Because according to your Ideals it would Make things More Valuable and thus You stay consistent. If NOT then what is this Babble you are going on about??

controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 9, 2015 6:30 AM

Nov 2013
BadJuju said:
Comment notification.

YESSSS.

But like, not just for your profile. I'd love to be browsing the forums and get a tiny little pop up somewhere saying I have a comment from -insert name here-.
Veronin said:

- Remove the anime/manga relation requirement for blog posts. This is annoying for me because my blog posts usually have little to do with anime.

This too. It's daft that your personal blog must be related to anime/manga, like really? Keep the function for it, but just don't force it on those who just want to blog about other things.
Veronin said:
Add achievements to the site, similar to AnimePlanet's "badges". It's a good way to encourage people to watch more anime and stay active on the site, especially if you add achievements for forum posts, reviews, etc.

It's a double edged sword, it promotes trying new things, and good contribution. But there's also a level of sincerity which will go out of window in achieving these. Spamming on the forums doesn't make you a valuable poster, some sort of community driven voting system similar to reddit would have to be in place if you want to determine value. or something close at least. there's a thread up about that now in the suggestions forum. I suggested a limit on such a system for it to be toned down and possibly a little more valid.

I love the idea of achievements/badges for watching stuff though, and I know people like seeing that on MALgraph/equivalent sites.

Reviewing achievements will just make it more competitive and less fun, unless you are just referring to 'this user has reviewed (10 slice of life series)' or something, that's promoting users to become a little more experienced with a certain genre and talking about them.

+ comment notification
+ achievements ( to a degree)
+ blog relations change
+ ability to edit your list updates, maybe show more or less somehow, an option to at least
+ gender option changed
+ more customisation for your profile, limited css availability simple headers, colour changes, being able to extend certain sections slightly, anything.
+ agreed on the giant about me situation. some of them completely lock up my firefox and it's so stressful losing anything I was writing or doing at the time. give the ability to possibly not show images, or hide the about me once it passes a certain length. or outright give you the option on your profile to jump straight to someones comment section.

+/- don't care about more favourites, i don't think it really matters tbh. some people want it, some don't. it's not a forced changed, you can still have 5 favourites if you want, or you can have 10, what does it matter? everyone still gets what they want anyway.

- Remove the 'random anime/manga'. I like that thing, it would break a few forum games too, removing it. It's harmless. Just because some don't use it, it doesn't mean others don't o.o remove is a strong word, rework would be better, if anything. Move it somewhere, idk. removing it would suck though.
SadMay 9, 2015 6:39 AM
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 9, 2015 6:37 AM

Sep 2014
LPGeneratorx said:

Also, I personally don't think that moving the comment box is needed, in fact it's easier to reach if it's at the bottom.

this, when people have HUGE about me it's way easier to just skip to the very end
May 9, 2015 6:40 AM

Dec 2012
Herlock said:
Why don't you simple press "END" :| if you want to get to the comment box without scrolling down.
My laptop doesn't have an "End" button, and my mobile sure as hell doesn't either. And that's the same thing as being redirected to the comment box, you will still have to wait for the page to load while the scroll keeps taking you to the top.

Veronin said:
I don't see the point. You can just open their list and sort by rating.
I'm against having more favorites but you serious? What will determine what rating implies someone has favorites? I've rated Dramatical Murder a 4, but the main character is in my favorite list.
May 9, 2015 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
It would be nice if we had a break-line BBcode which we could use in the about section. Using it would create a break-line that would adjust on the user's screen resolution. We could have it on the forums and elsewhere as well.
May 9, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
Vexper said:
It's a double edged sword, it promotes trying new things, and good contribution. But there's also a level of sincerity which will go out of window in achieving these. Spamming on the forums doesn't make you a valuable poster, some sort of community driven voting system similar to reddit would have to be in place if you want to determine value. or something close at least. there's a thread up about that now in the suggestions forum. I suggested a limit on such a system for it to be toned down and possibly a little more valid.

I love the idea of achievements/badges for watching stuff though, and I know people like seeing that on MALgraph/equivalent sites.

Reviewing achievements will just make it more competitive and less fun, unless you are just referring to 'this user has reviewed (10 slice of life series)' or something, that's promoting users to become a little more experienced with a certain genre and talking about them.

Yeah, I retract community achievements since they're a bad idea. But I should also mention that a lot of people on the site do still make crappy posts and what not because they think a high post count means higher status.

I see zero reason why anime and manga related achievements shouldn't be added. They're already a part of MALgraph and have no negative effects. What they do is make people watch more anime and greater varieties of it.
May 9, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
Veronin said:
I see zero reason why anime and manga related achievements shouldn't be added. They're already a part of MALgraph and have no negative effects. What they do is make people watch more anime and greater varieties of it.

I'm in agreement with you fella ^^
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 9, 2015 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
Undim said:
Tachii said:
give people a choice at least instead of making people waste their time going down the pages of useless pics that many dont care about

They can choose to not go to that profile or write the person to ask them if they'd consider reorganizing their profile. If you don't care what's in their about me, what are you trying to get to the bottom of to care about?
uh, wut

they want to make a comment on someones profile, so they need to go on the profile. but ppl dont want to see their about me, so it should be an option to skip it due to its variable length, not sure what youre askin exactly
May 9, 2015 7:57 AM
Jan 2015
parfaited said:
Just remove favorites completely for cleanliness.
May 9, 2015 8:05 AM

Mar 2010
BlueScarf said:
parfaited said:
Just remove favorites completely for cleanliness.
If you want cleanliness then Remove:
Comments: Use the PM
All favorites: Keep it to yourself until someone asks in your PM.
Anime Stats: Put it in the Panel.
About me: Make a character restriction.

Really Guys Just stop with this senseless Cleanliness especially for Favorites, Oh Look Ten Favorites MY Eyes!!!!!!. Perhaps We can meet in the middle ground and Have a "show all"/"Show More" feature that everyone has mentioned.

But my feels.
May 9, 2015 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
I support with all my might the anime/manga achievements idea since MALgraph is gonna be no more in few days.
Also, it would be nice if we could be the theme in our profiles. White/blue is boring all the time ;)
Sensus_97May 9, 2015 9:30 AM
May 9, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
Clean it up with sharp edges and have that modern metro look
Hello~
May 9, 2015 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
Xinil said:
Reducing the number of links to Anime/Manga Lists.

Wow!!!! It's happening!!!
May 9, 2015 12:28 PM
Sep 2010
worldeditor11 said:

2. Unused categories

Since MAL is advocating simplistic interface, why not give the user a choice to add/remove categories based on his/her preferences? Myself for example, don't use Anime Favourites, Manga Favourites, Favourite Characters, Favourite People nor Random anime/manga. As such, I prefer those to be removed from my profile as they are unnecessarily filling up my profile space. Something like this I suppose.

This is the best suggestion so far and would work well with other ones such as:
elevenletters said:
Some people with private lists have previously suggested an option where you could hide your 'Last List Updates'.

Machination said:

1. A place where it shows your recent forum posts. Like your recent top 3 posts.
2. At the side, it will display all or some of the animes that the user is currently watching in that current season.

HaXXspetten said:
Are the RSS feeds really necessary? Does anyone ever use them?

Kineta said:

[*]Removal of Random Anime/Manga section.
[*]Comment box moved on top of Profile Comments, not at the end of the page.

And these were from the first page only.

cupc said:
Here's one: When updating your manga reading status, make it so that if you update your volume count, the manga shows up in the latest list updates. The manga chapters do so, but when I read certain manga I like to update my progress in volumes instead of chapters and then it never shows the progress properly. This would be a small but appreciated tweak.

+1

kuchitsu said:
I like the idea of removing the "favorite anime/manga/etc" section for people that don't have any favorites. I don't use that stuff so I don't want it cluttering my page and always telling me to add some. Although that might confuse newly registered users into thinking that there is no such possibility to begin with, so it needs to be done carefully.

+1
In the "Anime/Manga Stats" section it's not very clear what the blue bars mean, maybe you could make it so that some text popup would appear when you point the mouse at it. In general, these bars are a bit useless maybe; personally, I don't find that info particularly interesting. Perhaps a pie chart based on the number of watching/completed/etc in your list would be of more interest.

Popups should be avoided.

vodall said:

Also, what about adding a + option in the recent updates? If I'm watching a single series, I really don't like having to go to my list every time to update my progress. Like this:

+1

lovelyphantom said:

DoctorCaim said:
Seconding the phrasing in bold. I don't think the former will work since some people can just add random anime to their list which could be harmful to actual statistics. Achievements in recommendations and reviews though, nice nice.

I disagree on this. I don't like the achievement feature there, it felt too competitive for my tastes. when I work on reviews and recs, the simple fact that people take them into account is enough satisfaction for me. Achievements would just feel like making a game out of that, which is something I don't want.

If the option is implemented, I want a way to disable it. Enough said.

+1
I don't mind achivements as long as I can disable it completely and never see them on my profile.

BurntJelly said:
Supporting some of what's already been brought up...

1. The ability to show/hide and re-order all sections on the profile page.
I'd like to remove Manga Stats completely. Others would be able to move the user info below the profile pic, etc.

Again, this is the best suggestion.

2. Custom profile CSS
(should be served as text/css through a link element in the html header, not embeded in the markup like it is in lists)
* For best results, the page markup needs to be rewritten. (Tip: When writing html, it should also make sense as xml.)

This is bad without something like

Tacas said:
Make the Anime/Manga stats relative to your own stats rather than relative to the community's stats. So basically this.

Makes sense.
outskirtsMay 9, 2015 1:57 PM
May 9, 2015 12:35 PM
Mar 2014
sharif9991 said:
Clean it up with sharp edges and have that modern metro look

Disagree; Microsoft's Metro design language looks mostly terrible. The sharp edges are already there, though.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
_Ghost_May 10, 2015 7:53 AM
May 9, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
Increasing the favorites to 10 would be a very nice thing.
May 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
Increase Top Anime and Manga up to 10.

Have separate page for favorite Seiyuu for Male and Female and not BOTH. Make it to top 10 as well. Same with Characters and all.

Those are the essentials for me.
May 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
- Adding stuff from Malgraph (like achievments)
- Increasing the slots for favourites and people (about 10 sounds right)
- Maybe adding a list of most hated characters?
- Backround Themes
- Re-watch/Re-Read Feature
- Better feature in manga list (to correctly list the volumes and such especially LNs)
May 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
Increasing favorites to 10 would be really good
May 9, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
OtakuBeast98 said:
- Maybe adding a list of most hated characters?

Omg, no
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
11 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.