Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2015 2:41 AM

Apr 2015
Question is simple or do even make friends online?
Do not count people you just chat with, friends in a sense of becoming more connected than just saying hi, sup, what is new bro/gril?
Do you ever go a bit deeper into a relationships over the internet ???
Or is it all just an act you put on to make yourself feel good? (even if you have bunch of real life friends, they are not all with you on net all the time so do you put an act to your net friends ?)
Net relationship was a thing many years ago (still is but less), when net was new thing but now with all scams and net bullying (PLS DON"T RAPE ME OVER SKYPE PLS!) do you even make friends or just chat with people ?
I've meet one person on mal that i wanna be friends with so far, SHE KUL :)
(#no i don't rape GRIL over skype/cam i got my lady at home, so no need for fear)
What are your stories/experiences with this topic? :-}
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2015 2:45 AM

Feb 2015
Having friends online is fun I guess. But I would avoid going deeper into a relationships over the internet.
May 3, 2015 2:47 AM

Jan 2015
Kokoro said:
Having friends online is fun I guess. But I would avoid going deeper into a relationships over the internet.
True
Real Life relationships are better
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race

Dec 2013
I've seen two people IRL after meeting them over the internet. Not alone but with a group of friends I already knew. I wouldn't meet people IRL if I were alone though.

May 2013
I've haven't made any friends on the internet, but I've been made plenty of friends on xbox. It's a lot easier for me to make friends with someone when I can actually talk to them vs typing.
May 3, 2015 2:48 AM

Oct 2012
I meet and add quite a few people often from mal/4chan/in multiplayer video games, whether or not I'd count them all as a friend is different. There's only a select few I talk to on a regular basis and feel comfy talking to, and they're the ones I count as friends. I don't really have friends I talk to on a regular basis irl so online friends are nice.

May 3, 2015 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
I've met a couple of my internet friends in real life, and I find it pretty easy to make friends over the internet. I prefer real life friends though.
May 3, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2015
I've had countless online friends, and a few girlfriends before. Most of these relationships are superficial and simply a way to fill a void in my otherwise empty life. But there have been a few relationships I have taken seriously. And when I'm nice to somebody online, it isn't a farce. The internet doesn't stop me from caring about people.
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
May 3, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
Will you be my friend op?
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
May 3, 2015 2:50 AM

Jan 2014
I used to get into relationships over the internet all the time a few years ago, but now that I have a good boyfriend to spend time with, I rarely even comment on other people's post.
May 3, 2015 2:51 AM

May 2014
unkind said:
I've had countless online friends, and a few girlfriends before. Most of these relationships are superficial and simply a way to fill a void in my otherwise empty life. But there have been a few relationships I have taken seriously. And when I'm nice to somebody online, it isn't a farce. The internet doesn't stop me from caring about people.

where have i heard that before ?!?! :|
nop, cant remember ....
May 3, 2015 2:52 AM

Apr 2015
D1C3M4N said:
I've haven't made any friends on the internet, but I've been made plenty of friends on xbox. It's a lot easier for me to make friends with someone when I can actually talk to them vs typing.

That's reasonable what you're saying i got you, but when you ask people for skype usually they give you: wtf you crazy i ain't getting raped over skype by you not today not today fucker and block.
So i guess that does it for "skyping" nowadays
People are scared of making friends over skype/cam i think they think they will get rekt in real life or something :-} imagination is real with those people
May 3, 2015 2:57 AM

Apr 2015
blu-eyes said:

Maybe but i can be your sex toy if you want me?
Just give me you address and phone number and you real life picture and we good are you rich? ;)
May 3, 2015 2:58 AM

Dec 2013
Deko_myanimelist said:
D1C3M4N said:

That's reasonable what you're saying i got you, but when you ask people for skype usually they give you: wtf you crazy i ain't getting raped over skype by you not today not today fucker and block.
So i guess that does it for "skyping" nowadays
People are scared of making friends over skype/cam i think they think they will get rekt in real life or something :-} imagination is real with those people

True. But there are a few people who don't mind adding you on skype though. So far I haven't had any bad experiences with adding random people on skype
May 3, 2015 2:59 AM
Feb 2011
Very, very rarely.
May 3, 2015 3:06 AM

Apr 2015
Gustdevil said:
[True. But there are a few people who don't mind adding you on skype though. So far I haven't had any bad experiences with adding random people on skype

How long are you on net ?
People use to add each other more often before, now you're considered creep is you ask for skype, especially grils (asking in public aka forum for grils skype shit son you are getting rekt shrekt from all sides, OH NO IT'S MOLESTER STAY AWAY HIDE FAST ;)
May 3, 2015 3:07 AM

May 2012
It's nice to have someone to talk to about common interests such as anime since most people I know in rl don't watch it. And this.
Kokoro said:
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
May 3, 2015 3:07 AM

Mar 2014
Deko_myanimelist said:
blu-eyes said:

Maybe but i can be your sex toy if you want me?
Just give me you address and phone number and you real life picture and we good are you rich? ;)

I feel like you're trying to use me.
And then throw me out like garbage :'(
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
May 3, 2015 3:14 AM
Jan 2015
As of now, zero and I plan on keeping it like that.

I generally prefer not to.
Some of the most bland and uninteresting moments of my life have been with meeting people from online to offline.
May 3, 2015 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
BlueScarf said:

Some of the most bland and uninteresting moments of my life have been with meeting people from online to offline.
Someone's leading a boring online life.

@OP: I rarely make online friends, but always nice to make one just hard to find.

May 3, 2015 3:18 AM

Dec 2013
Deko_myanimelist said:
Gustdevil said:
[True. But there are a few people who don't mind adding you on skype though. So far I haven't had any bad experiences with adding random people on skype

People use to add each other more often before, now you're considered creep is you ask for skype, especially grils (asking in public aka forum for grils skype shit son you are getting rekt shrekt from all sides, OH NO IT'S MOLESTER STAY AWAY HIDE FAST ;)

Since 2004 I think. There used to be a lot more friendly people back in the old days of internet
May 3, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2015
Gustdevil said:
Deko_myanimelist said:

Since 2004 I think. There used to be a lot more friendly people back in the old days of internet

True time when people actually gave a fuck about others, or maybe acted even then what do i know i started using net when i was 10 now i'm 21 maybe i was molested the whole time, thinking that people were friendly towards me what does a 10 year old know when i think better :)
May 3, 2015 3:44 AM

Jan 2013
"friends",all the time but real friends rarely
May 3, 2015 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
Deko_myanimelist said:
Gustdevil said:

True time when people actually gave a fuck about others, or maybe acted even then what do i know i started using net when i was 10 now i'm 21 maybe i was molested the whole time, thinking that people were friendly towards me what does a 10 year old know when i think better :)

Yeah, when I look at most of 10 year olds from this age they already know every bad word that exists and they scream at everyone. Doesn't apply on all 10 year olds of course, but still.
May 3, 2015 4:11 AM
Jan 2015
-Turnip- said:
BlueScarf said:

@OP: I rarely make online friends, but always nice to make one just hard to find.
I don't know.

Some of the most vocal and aggressive people online can end up being shy and almost timid in real life. Anonymity you know
May 3, 2015 4:36 AM

Sep 2013
I don't usually go out of my way to meet and start a conversation with people online so I've never made what I'd really consider a friend on the internet, only acquaintances.
May 3, 2015 4:37 AM

Mar 2012
I don't always make online online friends, but when I do... Oh wait.. I have no friends...

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
May 3, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2014
on mal, yes, but it is rarely done in the forum section.
(not to say its never happened (to some extent) on the forums)
May 3, 2015 5:30 AM
Dec 2014
I don't even know if they consider me as an online friend. I mostly consider them as online people that I happen to meet...

I don't even get that many comments on my profile, nor do I comment on other profiles...
j
May 3, 2015 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
Have made some great friends online. Going on 10 years with some of them.

Don't remember the last time I actually made a new friend, though.
May 3, 2015 5:56 AM

Apr 2015
I love having online friends! I have met a few of my online friends irl, but that was always at a convention. I consider them to be just as much friends as real-life friends, though it's a lot easier to stop being friends with someone you met online. Some friendships may end abruptly with online friends, while real-life friends are a lot more binding.

I have made most of my online friends through twitter, or through group conversations on 'whatsapp'.
May 3, 2015 6:12 AM

Jul 2012
Like once every 5 years.
Most of them are just people I say hi to every so often.
May 3, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
never really anymore, became what I would call good friends with a lot of people in my clan on Runescape years back. Most of them quite at this point but I have at least 5 of them added on Facebook. Have given some advice regarding college and joining the military to a few of them since I'm a few years older than most. Also talked to a guy that was going through a hard time after he came out of the closet and lost one of his best friends. Ah yea gave some exercise advice to my old clan leader, figure that's what I'm going to school for so may as well dish it out for free.

Other than Runescape I had some friends from a game on Kongregate but that group slowly fell apart after just a couple months. We didn't do much other than make strategies and play the game but it felt like we bonded a bit.

I've only had 1 person I've really had deeper conversations with and that was here on MAL so we can throw one more on the list.
May 3, 2015 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
BlueScarf said:
-Turnip- said:

I don't know.

Some of the most vocal and aggressive people online can end up being shy and almost timid in real life. Anonymity you know
I think you're on to me. I'll have you know I'm the most aggressive and spooky person in real life.

May 3, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
Gauchorino said:
Rare. It's been almost two years since I made any real friends online.

Yup, this~

I prefer real life friends, but I like to make friends online as well.
May 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2014
I've made a few. There are a lot more people online than people I can become friends with in real life so you can meet the most interesting people online
May 3, 2015 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Jessicakes said:
I've made a few. There are a lot more people online than people I can become friends with in real life so you can meet the most interesting people online

I like to think this way as well.

I would say that I can become acquainted with people online really quickly, but I rarely befriend them right away. One of the reasons why I use MAL is because I want to meet interesting people. If I really get along with them we might carry the discussions over to Skype or something. If we live in close proximity to one another we might even meet up.

I've met a ton of good people on the Internet that I've had meaningful friendships with, and that have helped me improve as a person. I don't really differentiate between "online" and "irl" friends. I have some online friends that I value more than my irl friends, and vice versa. It makes no difference where they live so long as I consider them to be actual friends, and not just a bunch of randoms. Some of my online friends probably know more about me than any of my real life friends anyway, lol. I've even received postcards and boxes of candy in the mail, which solidifies the idea that we're something more than just online acquaintances. Exchanging local candy is always fun.
MoogMay 3, 2015 8:28 AM
May 3, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
Very few. I'm not really interested in making additional friends online because I'd rather spend my time with the few I have than making more friends.
BurenaiMay 3, 2015 9:00 AM
May 3, 2015 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
Almost never. I have a few acquaintances that have recently been created, but nobody who is spoken to consistently nor long enough to be considered a friend. The last time I formed a lengthy, meaningful bond was in May of 2013. It still exists, of course.

I would not say I have friends from here, yet. I do have a select few who may one day become friends, though. They have the potential. Well, only one or two of them.
May 3, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
Quite often
May 3, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
I make friends online all the time.
Some of them I'm actually very close with :)
May 3, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
A lot and I've made a few "more than friends" too, nothing wrong with it unless you get too attached to someone over the internet.

And if you ask me about "other stuff" too, I'd have to say yes too.
I luv u
May 3, 2015 9:23 AM
Jun 2014
I've only met one of my internet friends in real life and we met over Super Street Fighter 4. His house is far away though.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 3, 2015 9:24 AM
Apr 2013
got one
May 3, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2012
Jessicakes said:
There are a lot more people online than people I can become friends with in real life so you can meet the most interesting people online
Moog- said:
I would say that I can become acquainted with people online really quickly, but I rarely befriend them right away. One of the reasons why I use MAL is because I want to meet interesting people....I've met a ton of good people on the Internet that I've had meaningful friendships with, and that have helped me improve as a person. I don't really differentiate between "online" and "irl" friends. I have some online friends that I value more than my irl friends, and vice versa. It makes no difference where they live so long as I consider them to be actual friends, and not just a bunch of randoms.
I agree with these.

My criteria for friendship is basically mutual interest. If anything, being online can expedite that judgment. While in RL you have to navigate social niceties to uncover someone's true character/interests, online people tend to be a lot more forthright about themselves. I can tell pretty easily, just from reading what they say, whether I think we'll get along or not.

That said, it's still a slow-going process either way, and my best friends are still RL ones. However, for amassing "close friends" as quickly as possible, I have no doubt that acquiring them online would be easier than in RL, due to the in-built filtration I mentioned earlier (as well as the obviously much wider pool of interesting people to choose from, like Jess said).
May 3, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
I guess I make them frequently. BUT, most of them I'll stop talking to within a year, so are they really friends? Hm...
May 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2010
As often as I can, its not as if I'm avoiding trying to get friends online.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
Never I don't befrend internet people.
May 3, 2015 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
Not too often. But i do enjoy making online friends. Nothing wrong with more friends right?
May 3, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
Rarely.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 6 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 11 hours ago

20 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 7 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
56 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 4 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.