Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2015 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
I am not gonna ask you what you think about death (heaven or hell), this conversation has taken place infinite times in these forums if i recall correctly, i'm just asking you if it came the way you thought it would. Yesterday my great grandmother passed away and there i thought i would be crushed by this i almost didn't care.
Okay...not like i didn't care, i did mourn just a little but i didn't even cry, it didn't even hurt that much, i expected to be shocked by it.
What did you guys feel when members of your family/friends passed away? Was it like that?
Sorry if this topic is a bit weird, but i gotta know.
May 2, 2015 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
3 of my relatives died last April. For some reason I didn't cry too. I think I was just surprised that they died.
My family is somewhat large so I think it goes without saying that a bunch of them will die every year.. so it's kinda like a normal occurrence for me now.
May 2, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
im same as you, i shed tears while watching touching anime but i never cry when my grandparents died as well and did not even get sad too, so ye i can relate, it might be that im not just too close to them, i mean i only see them like twice in 10 years for example
May 2, 2015 12:36 AM

Oct 2012
I've had a friend's brother drown in a river by accident, which is kind of melancholic thinking back on it, but when it happened I couldn't give a fuck. It just made things awkward. I've had uncles die when I was younger, but I wasn't close to them, so it was just like, whatever. I could remember my dad getting angry at the news, but I don't remember him crying either.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 2, 2015 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
Thanks, i see now.
And even before my great grandmother there was another incident, a few months ago, an old lady who was neighbor of mine died, she lived literally next to my place. I used to go there like everyday and play with her grandsons when i was little as we were kids.
Not then i cried either.
May 2, 2015 12:47 AM

Apr 2015
Your grandfather didnt die as long as he is remembered he will always be in your heart. - Cliche Anime Quotes

Hi
May 2, 2015 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
Aeldrian said:
Your grandfather didnt die as long as he is remembered he will always be in your heart. - Cliche Anime Quotes

Heh yea every single time ninjas cutting them onions.
May 2, 2015 1:00 AM

Nov 2014
My brother died from Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE) , like on august something 2013.

I did cry a little; but not because of my brother, but because I felt sympathetic to my other brother and parents, because they were crying rivers. I could've cried more.
I feel like if my oldest dog died, I would cry more.

May 2, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
AzureDaora said:
My brother died from Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE) , like on august something 2013.

I did cry a little; but not because of my brother, but because I felt sympathetic to my other brother and parents, because they were crying rivers. I could've cried more.

I get this feel all the time, could be because our pets are always innocent, people are always responsible for something bad.
May 2, 2015 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Also, come to think of it, perhaps her death was the best thing that could happen to her. She was being hospitalised, unable to move or see due to her bad eyes, could eat only creamed food.
Perhaps its better off that way.
removed-userMay 2, 2015 1:10 AM
May 2, 2015 1:07 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
May 2, 2015 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
@blu-eyes Your signature, i don't get it.
May 2, 2015 1:21 AM

Jan 2015
3 family members died in the last 6 months. One of them was my grandfather.
When mom first told me I just froze and said "what?". My mind couldn't even process it for minutes. I felt emptiness inside, like something is missing from this world.
I only cried at the funeral, a lot. I felt like something will cease to exist in the world and it will be different after the funeral.
Thinking about all the memories of him still makes me pretty sad though.
May 2, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2015
julyan said:
3 of my relatives died last April. For some reason I didn't cry too. I think I was just surprised that they died.
My family is somewhat large so I think it goes without saying that a bunch of them will die every year.. so it's kinda like a normal occurrence for me now.

3 relatives died in the same month are they murdered or something.

Hi
May 2, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
RD_Vengeance said:
@blu-eyes Your signature, i don't get it.

Alcohol is expensive.
Very expensive.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
May 2, 2015 1:30 AM
Jan 2015
My granny is so old I wouldn't even be surprised if she dropped the next day.
May 2, 2015 1:39 AM

Oct 2013
My grandmother passed away one and half year ago , I saw my other relatives cry really hard ,but I didn't at that time . However, when I got back to our house I felt so shocked like I couldn't believe it . Whenever I thought of her I felt sad and shed some tears .

I guess some might not cry over their loved ones ,because we are used to hearing/seeing people die to the point we might not care ,also maybe the stupid bs "You'er a man don't cry ... etc " .

AzureDaora said:

Nonetheless , that is just messed up (In my opinion) that some people would actually cry over a pet (Which is fine , we all cried over that bunny or chicken .. etc) and won't cry over their brother or sister .
May 2, 2015 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
My grandmother on my mother's side of the family died the day after Christmas when I was 9 years old and I honestly couldn't function for a couple days. Same thing when my grandfather on my mother's side died when I was 13. As far as my dad's side of the family, I never met my grandmother nor grandfather on that side of the family. I did speak to the grandfather a couple times and Skyped him while he was in the hospital towards the end. His death didn't hit me nearly as hard as the grandparents on my mother's side, but I was still pretty crushed because I had always wanted to meet him but never got the chance.
May 2, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
My grandma died one year ago, and I cried a lot since she was like a second mom to me. When someone very close to you dies, you don't believe it at first because you're used to see that person.
May 2, 2015 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wow ok, well it really depends.

Some people have been ill and you could see it coming and kinda brace yourself for the impact so to speak.

It all really depends, I remember being pretty devastated when my grandpa died, but I've also had others, like an uncle who died from cancer, and it wasn't as devastating, it was sad, but I don't think I cried or let it bother me too much.

So it all really depends, the most painful incidents, have probably been the few loved ones that have taken their own life. It's a different kind of pain entirelly, and one I don't hope to experience again.

So yeah, it depends.
May 2, 2015 8:03 AM

Aug 2014
When you don't know them that well, its hard to get the ''feels''
May 2, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
Man, lemme tell ya, if you think you have it bad, wait until Death takes my grandparents. I've never even had a conversation with any of them despite seeing them regularly and living down the street from them as a child. There's a language barrier, if you must know. It's gonna be really fucking awkward when everyone's crying at the funeral and I'm just wondering how much longer til I can go home without looking like an asshole.
Old_RavenMay 2, 2015 8:32 AM
May 3, 2015 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
Old_Raven said:
Man, lemme tell ya, if you think you have it bad, wait until Death takes my grandparents. I've never even had a conversation with any of them despite seeing them regularly and living down the street from them as a child. There's a language barrier, if you must know. It's gonna be really fucking awkward when everyone's crying at the funeral and I'm just wondering how much longer til I can go home without looking like an asshole.

Tehqo said:
May 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
Death is an important step along the road of life. What happens next is all part of the excitement I suppose. If there is nothing then it doesn't matter because your dead. If there is an afterlife then great.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 3, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
My grandpa's sister passed away when I was young. I called her grandma since that is the custom in our household. Anyways, I didn't feel much as a kid, but there's that little pit in your heart where you know you lost someone. I am a lot older now since her passing. Now that I think about it, I feel kind of sad, but it isn't something I'll cry over. It's just more of the fact that I never really knew her.
May 4, 2015 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
If there is an afterlife then great.

Unless you are a rapist so the karma will burn you.
May 4, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2012
RD_Vengeance said:
What did you guys feel when members of your family/friends passed away? Was it like that?

Haven't experienced it yet. Grandparents from my mother's side both passed away before I was born. I've only seen one photo of them ever too.

A guy in my grade passed away recently from a heart attack in his sleep, he had a heart condition. Although I've never spoken to him his death didn't necessarily make me emotional or sad, it did however feel very surreal knowing that someone you've known and acknowledged said persons existence has disappeared.

May 4, 2015 5:35 AM

Sep 2014
It depends on how close you are to the person that died. No one that close to me died so far. A grandfather of mine died about 5 years ago, and I didn't even get sad, I never spent much time with him. I think it's normal reaction.

But if it were someone from closer family, a parent or my sister, I guess I would be depressed for a long time.
May 4, 2015 6:35 AM

May 2014
I couldn't tell you, the only time I cried when someone died was the first and last time I ever cried over someones death.
Just get over it, you can miss them but they aren't the end of the world.
I've been here way too long...
May 4, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
Most of my sadness spawned from such things has been centered around the fact that I did not know them as well as I would have liked. No two people can ever know everything about each other, and no two people can ever know anything for certain, so there will always be disappointment when you can no longer make progress.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
May 4, 2015 8:36 AM
Feb 2014
I haven't really lost anyone close to me other than distant relatives, but I fear that I will and know to expect the worst when it happens.

My best friend's father died 2 years ago, and I cried with her only because she was and I just felt distressed seeing her in so much pain. Losing someone so close to you can be one of the worst things you'll experience in such a short life. Death is something I fear. I don't blame people for having emotions in the wake of death or being around death and seeing people close to you grieve. It hurts either way.
May 4, 2015 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
Why would anyone be shocked about old people dying? Its highly expected. It being expected makes for less reaction because the subconcious processed it already before it happened. Its shocking and more unexpected when young people die.
May 4, 2015 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
I never really lost anyone ever but I imagine that if I ever lose someone close to me i would be crushed.
May 4, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Only real death I've experience outside of pets was my grandpa. It didn't effect me much. Me and my grandpa weren't close.
May 4, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
I lost one family member in 2011...I'm permanently damaged as a result, even today in 2015. I don't think I can handle any more...but as time goes on, my entire family will be taken, all my friends, everything I ever care about...it makes me want to be the one to go next instead because I can't take that sort of pain.

But I got a coffee in my hands and I am on MAL so I am too content at the moment
May 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
well, something like my father finally died and able to inherit the wealth.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 4, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2015
well, i tend to view death in a detached, intellectual capacity, rather than emotionally, thereby negating any probability of a psychological impact - they've died and they won't come back, and all i can do is remember them fondly from time to time. nothing more and nothing less.

May 4, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2014
blood relation has nothing to do with it.
if u are really attached to someone, u will feel this ache in your heart when u hear the news for the first time.
also for me, i was never really attached to life, the only reason i am currently attached is because i have debts that i have yet to repay (not just talking about money here), but i also do not know how will i react when the time comes and i know about it previously.
May 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
Death in real life doesnt make feel nothing anymore .
Mother Died from breast cancer when i had 11 years (was close too 12).

I got over it now i can talk casualy about it i even remmember funny times with her and times she was a jerk i even laugh about it.

But before that....

I was feared of death as hell i was crushed too bits for a year after that.

Almost died next year when dad and i were on a car trip too montenegro too visit Moms brother 1 last time .

It was winter and their roads are utter shit but main problem was ice that was almost invisible thin and it was all mountains .

Dad stepped on a break too much that made it worse we slided crashed and if it warent for that road protection we would died at that time for sure i saw my life in a flash .

So many far relatives died from diferent causes, and some in car accidents since that now it is just process for me .

I still cry at deaths in anime if i am attached too characters.
ExowaveMay 6, 2015 12:36 PM
May 6, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
My grandmother (dad's mum) died last year. Screw being emotionless, I was actually happy that she died and I think I swore at her in my mind when her body was being taken away. She was one hell of a disgusting woman, played filthy politics and literally ripped my family apart. I actually would've been happier if she had died a more painful death (due to a disease, etc). She just died of old age and that was too peaceful a death for someone who had ruined people's lives. She's the ONLY person I've hated so much.
May 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I have lost a lot of people, even the most important one. So, I have cried a lot.
May 6, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2013
I am really not sure how I would be able to handle the loss of a loved one. Death is certainly nothing new for me because of my job and even there it affects me quite a lot despite not knowing the patients I am taking care of all that well.
May 6, 2015 11:14 PM
Apr 2013
None have died yet, it was sad when my dog died though T_T
May 6, 2015 11:20 PM

Apr 2012
Grandfather and great grandmother died, but I wasn't sad either. Not because I'm a hard ass edgelord, but I just wasn't very close to them. I knew my great grandmother loved me very much as a child, but she lived overseas, so I wasn't emotionally attached to her. She lived til 101 years old iirc so she lived a good life. My grandfather favored my cousins, and again I wasn't very attached to him either.

If someone died in my immediate family, I would be very sad.

May 7, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2014
Tehqo said:
All credit goes to Sacred.

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
5 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 9 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
28 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 7 hours ago

4 by rho34 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 10 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.