Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 1, 2015 1:27 AM

Dec 2014
xikarra said:
I don't think I understand how this election works because I didn't get how the twitter trick helped.

Komachi best girl anyway.

It was just a bluff, that's why Hikki got nervous when he saw Yui tries to check it on her phone.
May 1, 2015 1:34 AM

Feb 2012
The ONLY thing that matters in this episode is that Yui x Hachiman hair stroking scene. PERFECT!!!

Oh yeah, and another reminder of how Yukino is a b*tch.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 1, 2015 1:38 AM

Oct 2014
Nice to See Hachiman getting serious at this Request.

Komachi is So Kawaii >.< Best sis!!

Hachiman can be a Detective conan I guess

This scene through.. SO CUTE <33 I wanna ship Yui and Hachiman now

May 1, 2015 1:42 AM
Feb 2013
testamentKAISER said:
It was just a bluff, that's why Hikki got nervous when he saw Yui tries to check it on her phone.

Oh? So he just tricked Iroha into thinking that she can and should win. And then proceeded to have Yui and Yuki back off, since it's no longer an issue, so Iroha would win by default? Now I get it, thanks.
May 1, 2015 1:44 AM
Feb 2013
8man the mastermind
May 1, 2015 1:47 AM

Mar 2015
xikarra said:
testamentKAISER said:

Oh? So he just tricked Iroha into thinking that she can and should win. And then proceeded to have Yui and Yuki back off, since it's no longer an issue, so Iroha would win by default? Now I get it, thanks.

Well yeah more or less I guess. The only participants we know of is Yui and Yukino and Irohas. So if Yui and Yukino backed out, it is a win by default. After all trying to bluff and using the name of Hayato, Saika, and others to persuade Irohas is very smart yet risky. Which is why Hachiman was relieved that Yui believed in him, that she decided not to check her phone.

May 1, 2015 1:47 AM
Apr 2015
jbeat said:
The ONLY thing that matters in this episode is that Yui x Hachiman hair stroking scene. PERFECT!!!

Oh yeah, and another reminder of how Yukino is a b*tch.

Well, the problem is that a large part of Yukino is unclear, such as her motivations and family situation, thus its hard to judge her character solely based by her actions. So in that sense, the impression she gives off is rather poor

Yui on the other hand is an open book, she pretty much hides nothing, so its clear that Yui is just a nice girl, yet makes her rather two dimensional.

On this note, Im more interested in what Yukino is hiding, and to a lesser extent Hayama, as that may seem to be the climax/central conflict of the oregairu story
May 1, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Vangis605 said:
Nice episode. Hachiman went through a lot of effort to protect the club while trying to keep his efforts hidden, but Yukino's reaction and Meguri's comments makes us wonder.. Did Hachiman make the right choice?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 1, 2015 1:57 AM

Sep 2013
need moore!!!!!
May 1, 2015 2:07 AM

May 2014
This anime is amazing like the I can't stop watching till the very end of the episode no breaks just amazing type. The beginning I was so happy to see Komachi and Hachiman make up <3. Then that scene with YuixHachiman love this episode!!
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

May 1, 2015 2:21 AM

Sep 2014
isvak said:
Beautiful episode as always. I think 8man knows that Yui is in love with him but... i guess he's just being himself..

It was hinted during the first season actually and even in the light novel that he knows but he brush it off because he is afraid of committing the same mistake again. That is why any form affection towards him except from his family, he takes it as hostile and a joke and in that sense, I feel sorry for yui :(
May 1, 2015 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode.

Looking forward to the next episodes.
May 1, 2015 2:26 AM

Sep 2014
And for the first time, he doubted the end of game of his work.
May 1, 2015 2:29 AM
May 2015
So iroha loves hayama big suprise :D No one care about hachi so sad.I think ıroha loves hachiman but no she loves hayama :S
May 1, 2015 2:46 AM

Sep 2013
Vangis605 said:
Nice episode. Hachiman went through a lot of effort to protect the club while trying to keep his efforts hidden, but Yukino's reaction and Meguri's comments makes us wonder.. Did Hachiman make the right choice?

^^^ What he said. It would not be that bad having them in the student council, since they probably will still be together, working in there. But then again, Yukinoshita only wanted to be the president for personal growth, I believe. 8man just shatter her dreams though, hence the video game saving loading quote.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 1, 2015 2:47 AM
Dec 2011
This show is all buildup. I'm getting really scared for when it all comes tumbling down. Hachiman is setting up his own demise.
May 1, 2015 2:49 AM

Dec 2014
jbeat said:

This. ^_^
May 1, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2015
Yukino always has some sort of problem with Hachiman. I hope she gets better, because as it stands now, she is annoying as hell.
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
May 1, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2015
His little sister is just to cute.

I can feel a little change in Hachiman, but the last thing left for him to do is get Yukinon back.
May 1, 2015 3:16 AM
Dec 2010
xikarra said:
testamentKAISER said:

yeah hachiman use a reverse psychology to iroha and hachiman unlocked the route of iroha :D in LN is yukinon also who check her phone as far i remember. but the next episode will be interesting hachiman will raise the flag of iroha :D
May 1, 2015 3:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
CodeUnknown said:
Yukinoshita continues on being one of the biggest bitch this season, congratulations.

You joined up on this site just to write that?

Sigh.

This show is a lot more complex than people being "bitches" or the like. Different folks, with different motivations, personalities, fears, and ways of relating to one another. Yukino is a very aloof person, socially awkward and even somewhat arrogant. And she expects waaaay too much of Hachiman, who despite his keen talents of observation, cannot read minds. But she's not a "bitch". At least not in the typical sense. I think the only person so far on this show who comes close to deserving that title is Sagami in the first season (some might argue Haruno due to her methods).

Anyway, hold on tight because volume 9 is coming up and that's when things go onto the next level.

On a different note:

That poster that was hanging in Meguri's office (the one that looks like those Obama posters but with Sose instead of Hope printed on it). The person on it looks suspiciously like Jose Mourinho (Chelsea mangager and probably best known football coach in the world). Or was it just me?!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 1, 2015 3:21 AM

Jan 2011
Glad Komachi and Hachiman made up. The scene with Yui and Hachiman was nice.

Yukino definitely has some motives for wanting to be the president or being disappointed with Hachiman's plan even though it was totally different from the beginning (mainly him not being the one hurt). Foreseeing more drama with Yukino and Hachiman the next few eps given that Hachiman is now doubting his own solution.

I honestly thought that Hachiman would use the nominations to make Hayama the president. Iroha liking Hayama, I can see it might not end well.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 1, 2015 3:22 AM

May 2014
I'm hoping for a YuixHachiman ending because everytime there is a emotional scene who is together for it? Yukino is never around I think the fans for Yukino are basing it off stuff that happens in the LN because I've yet to see how she is more fit for Hachiman then Yui is.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

May 1, 2015 3:25 AM
Apr 2013
Winterluffy said:
I'm hoping for a YuixHachiman ending because everytime there is a emotional scene who is together for it? Yukino is never around I think the fans for Yukino are basing it off stuff that happens in the LN because I've yet to see how she is more fit for Hachiman then Yui is.
I will blame the LN for portraying Yui as dumb for the general fondness of Yukino. A fact that the anime attempted to brush over successfully.
May 1, 2015 3:27 AM
Dec 2010
^ actually yukinon and yui are both fit for hachiman, but yukinon is still the main heroine follow by Yui - yui is like kuroneko/ayase and Yukinon= kirino of Oreimo LN. the main heroine has always an advantage.
May 1, 2015 3:35 AM
Apr 2013
orion_momo said:
^ actually yukinon and yui are both fit for hachiman, but yukinon is still the main heroine follow by Yui - yui is like kuroneko/ayase and Yukinon= kirino of Oreimo LN. the main heroine has always an advantage.
I am not so sure about the main heroine part because both Yui and Yukino can be classified as such. All three of them indirectly met in that fateful accident so I think leaving out Yui as the main heroine is not exactly justified. I give her 50/50 chance as the destined girl.
May 1, 2015 3:35 AM

Sep 2012
Hiki's and Komachi''s sibling relationship is so cute.

I just hate how much of a slut Iroha is but it's good for Hiki to find a solution to everyone's problems and the good thing is that he didn't sacrifice himself and ran for president because that's what he'd normally do.

The cooperation with Zaimokuza was pretty cool to see as well.

4/5
Oh god who are you people?
May 1, 2015 3:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Winterluffy said:

I think that while the anime is quite neutral, the LN definitely shows some tonal and descriptive differences that make Yukino maybe more popular with readers than with anime viewers. Mild, mild spoilers
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 1, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
I like how many people call Yukinon out for being a bitch yet never post the reasons why she's a bitch yet think Yui is the perfect girl.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2015 3:38 AM
Apr 2013
Shit, I forgot about Saika.
May 1, 2015 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
Everything is ok for now I guess? Well 8man did his thing and it worked.
May 1, 2015 4:05 AM

Jul 2014
Wait, so the problem is that Holden Caulfield was right?
And when somebody asks if I'm okay
I don't know what to say
May 1, 2015 4:26 AM

Oct 2014
Awesome as always :D
May 1, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
Such a Great episode.

Was never fond of Komachi, but this episode she scored a lot of points with me.
May 1, 2015 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
Hopefully this is the last we will have to see from that girl in a while.

In any case it seems Yukino had a different idea and Hikki seemed to realise that at the end and somewhat regretted it.
Judging from his statement.
But the club is saved which was the most importuned thing for them.
May 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Feb 2011
yui is so into making up ideas for the election :D and is so hopeless...

oh wow, yoshiteru, saki and saika to help out, i fear what is to come
komachi asking the right questions, why endanger the whole club only for a request?
wow at saki's list, she just listed most of her classmates, even tobe what?!

oh nice plan, in the same way iroha got nominated with no consent it's possible to flood the candidates with more nominations, and to invalidate them all iroha's included
and he's trying to taunt iroha to really go for presidency..
..is the plan to put all the nominations from the fake campaigns on iroha's name? :o

yui looked like she realized what was happening for a second, but just accepted it
maybe she is thinking hachiman did it for her, but even when following komachi's request he didn't really do it by feeling :/

yukino maybe really wanted to run for president for her own reasons

and the student council as an upgrade of the club wasn't a bad idea, but keeping things simple is not bad either

nitro_cyanide said:
Zeando said:
first of all if an issue creates so many problems for them, they could just refuse to solve it
but if they really want to help with it, they're missing the obvious solution which will deal with the election and keep them together at the same time, while not sacrificing anyone
they should just become all members of the student council and continue their helping activities from there (even if the feel of the small group may get lost)

You'll like Meguri-senpai if that scene makes it to the anime

i see now what you were talking about, it wasn't a bad idea,
but i think hachiman and yui would have felt like being dragged into it and having to deal with extra hassle when it could be avoided
i'm looking forward how they'll continue as a small group with "small" problems
ZeandoMay 1, 2015 4:54 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 1, 2015 4:53 AM
Sep 2013
i saw some sose mourinho there..

I think Yui know about the account, but decided not to confirm it since her goal is achieved this way.
And she's becoming more direct about her feeling to Hachiman, way to go Yui!

This episode left me with some kind of mixed feeling. Hiki is always good in analyzing people request,word, and behavior , but somehow he miss, or rather, not considering Yukino's factor this time. It is kinda obvious that Yukino is being provoked by Haruno and really want to become the president, and Hikki's being late realized this one, added with what Meguri actually wants, then comes the save game monologue.

I feel like something bigger will happen in the next few episodes, or maybe till the end..

DarklordVor said:

Zaimokuza doing what he does best with that voice (props to the VA), it's very unique and you can tell how special that voice is even closing your eyes...

yea, he's also doing a great job voicing Kinoshita Seichi's character
May 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Jan 2013
It was really heartwarming how the siblings reconciled. I was surprised by the fact that Hachiman was actually the one making the first step. That's some nice, subtle character development. Not only at this specific moment. Hachiman is changing ever so slightly...

So Hachiman got rejected again. Twice, as a matter of fact.
You can't just reject guys when they're not even confessing, Irohas. It still hurts xD

And... it's not over just yet. Hachiman hinted that his choice might actually lead him to a bad ending (but the choice itself wasn't as significant. He'd be heading there regardless)...
May 1, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2012
8man - Komachi reconciliation made me feel all fuzzy inside :3 Komachi is best imouto ever. Makes me wish that I had a sister like her.
Nice to see and hear from Zaimokuza and Saki again. A lot of their interactions with 8man were cut off from the first season.

Farabeuf said:

On a different note:

That poster that was hanging in Meguri's office (the one that looks like those Obama posters but with Sose instead of Hope printed on it). The person on it looks suspiciously like Jose Mourinho (Chelsea mangager and probably best known football coach in the world). Or was it just me?!

Possibly. The LN itself is quite meta and makes a lot of references to other anime and with reality.
May 1, 2015 5:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yukinon....just what are you doing? I'm really starting to wonder about her mindset. She better have a very good reason to act like this.

Hachiman took a different approach this time, but it's built on a lie. I wonder if the two of Yui and Yukinon might find out about this.

Hachiman x Yui, i ship them greatly <3 Also the bonding scene between brother and sister was so cute, best scene of the whole episode.
May 1, 2015 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
i'm feeling that yukino is trying to become president in order to create the scenario that meguri mentioned, but since 8man has persuaded iroha into now wanting to become the president they are forced to compete for the position.

either that or yukino is doing it for some personal reason, probably something related to her lovely sister.

also is that a mourinho poster in the council room? i'm going to assume it is haha.
May 1, 2015 5:51 AM

Oct 2012
Oh, so even Hachiman can act cool. Kinda happy-end he did there. But who would have thought that Yukino actually wanted to be prez?

I mean, she is acting one way and thinking different way, I kinda can't stand such people IRL. But here they do it pretty well. I liked how Hikki made peace with his sister. I also liked his and Yui's moment after Yukino left.

Iroha may be enamoured with Hayato but she seemed pretty tsundere towards Hikki, at least for me. I wonder what their further relations will be.

And so all that we have here right now is Yukino who has her pride and still keeping distance. I dunno, he might saved the club in his own way but I doubt they can function normally if they are still split internally. There has to be something more done to put club back to its place. Another problem perhaps? Or her sister's intervention? Who knows, we'll see.
May 1, 2015 6:08 AM
Apr 2014
What a misleading title for this episode, I thought the club would be destroyed for sure
Finally an episode that isn't full drama.
May 1, 2015 6:12 AM
Dec 2014
CodeUnknown said:
Yukinoshita continues on being one of the biggest bitch this season, congratulations.

Agreed. She shouldn't get mad at 8man if she didn't tell him what she really wanted in the first place. Hikki found a perfect solution and she's still mad.
May 1, 2015 6:13 AM

Nov 2013
No beating 8man! His logic on why Iroha should become president was pretty damn good.
May 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Jun 2014
"Are you a genius?!?!? Kinda"

8man mah boi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
It was very nice how the Hikki siblings still can get along. Even with such opposite personalities, siblings are able to forget that difference.

When the books on the top shelf fell on Hikki, the books on the top row weren't missing any books, yet there were books on the ground. W/e this is a small flaw, Ill ignore it.

There will always be a time where you wish there was a reset button or a time machine to take you back to rethink the problem at hand.

May 1, 2015 6:42 AM

May 2013
Hachiman does it again. This time, with a tactically different way of doing it. I can see that he cheated, which was reasonable considering he also wants the club to keep on going while they're still there together. Advantages were given to Isshiki so that she would become the president. Genius!
Actually, them three being part of the student council wouldn't be half bad. And yeah, if you reload the saved data, it could change your life. Hahaha! Too bad that life's not a game though.
May 1, 2015 6:44 AM

Apr 2012
Farabeuf said:
Winterluffy said:

I think that while the anime is quite neutral, the LN definitely shows some tonal and descriptive differences that make Yukino maybe more popular with readers than with anime viewers. Mild, mild spoilers

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I have to say that the anime so far has delivered more Yui moments, so what you say makes sense.
May 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
buzzardslicer said:
CodeUnknown said:

Agreed. She shouldn't get mad at 8man if she didn't tell him what she really wanted in the first place. Hikki found a perfect solution and she's still mad.

She just needs to speak her mind about her own issues for a moment. She might have wanted to be pres but needed something to allow her to go for it. The same way 8man needed his sister to make him try and save the club. They operate in a similar manner despite always being at odds.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.