Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 3, 2019 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Gotta hand it to Hikki, that was one hell of a plan he pulled off.

Pretty great episode with lots of heartwarming interactions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2019 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
Everything seems to be getting better. Shame we didn't get to see the full election run, but I guess they wanted to skip that.

Iroha does feel like she has some feelings to Hayama, but wouldn't be surprised if she also falls for Hachiman.
Jan 19, 2020 2:20 AM
Apr 2016
Hachiman outplayed everyone!

A very great episode.
Feb 19, 2020 12:50 AM

Aug 2014
Very clever idea, but I am not sure if the 3 of them being in student council wouldn't be better.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 13, 2020 8:02 PM

Nov 2017
Hachiman and Komachi's relationship as siblings is great! With all the stuff he's been through he finally decides to apologize to Komachi and they just sit down and talk. Hachiman is able to pull off a little scheme and with some help from others, he's able to fix the student council problem without using his original proposed method.

Originally, I didn't really get what Yukino meant when she was like, "You thought you understood, didn't you?" But then when Hachiman is helping Meguri is when I understand. She had hoped Yukino would have won. Then Yukino would be the president, Yui is the vice president and Hachiman... is handling the tasks of the student council lol. In the scene where it shows her stopping by to see them it confirms that nothing would have changed if that did happen. It would be just like the club!

But, what's done is done!

Wanna talk 'bout Yui now. So yeah, in this episode she admits she thought she couldn't beat Yukino. And even if she did win, she would be too busy for the club. It wouldn't have mattered if she won or Yukino, the club would be no more. Talk about a lose-lose scenario for her. She was still willing to try to sacrifice herself for Yukino and Hachiman.

Adorable scene with Yui and Hachiman. She's definitely becoming more confident regarding him. Now just tell him, like you were going to before!
Jun 22, 2020 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
asides from the cringy beginning of the siblings talking non-sense, an enjoyable episode.

I really would have liked the idea of the three MC running for school office. President, Vice-President, and general affairs.
Jul 4, 2020 8:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Omg Komachi finally gave more sensed of advice. I really glad she, at last reconciled with her brother after a harsh moment in the previous episode. Such a soothing scenery seeing their interaction. Indeed, they were all pure soul as a sibblings!

Unfortunately, their respective approached goes in a wrong path. Once again as this show title, resulting Yukino's angriness still remail till the unknown future. Lmao. Those girl, really want to play a drama, eh? Give Hachiman a break, ffs! But, seriously, his interaction with Yui kinda sweet, only to knowing some dark matter in behind...

So, thats it, then. Iroha was clearly fooled. An easy target, Hachiman said. The whole school netizens got dumbfounded. The whole election arc got blasted by Hachiman's 'behind the door' tactics. Summary, he did it! Its a pretty fun episode, i guessed. Its only just to ended the whole hardworking into somekind of another drama. Oh, man, you teens need to grew up already!

So lets see how far their relationship after those events....
badabassJul 4, 2020 8:59 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 9, 2020 10:00 AM

Dec 2010
Here I expected this arc to be longer and more dramatic. The resolution felt like a cop-out to me.

Can we actually get something big and important for once?
Aug 26, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2020
good episode
Hachiman talks with his sister
And everything goes ok

Oct 1, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2020
Once again Hachiman solved it all, it could have been wonderful if Yukino, Yui, and 8man could be part of Student Council but it's has been finished so it will never come true.
Oct 8, 2020 7:57 PM

Aug 2017
I was trolled by the last episode, Hachiman and Komachi did not have a fight, everything was resolved! Hikki found a perfect solution, very interesting if you ask me. That alternative reality where they are the student council together was a nice addition making me believe that much would not have changed compared to what they do now.

And then Iroha who didn't want to be a president became one, kinda ironic lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 13, 2020 12:41 PM
Dec 2019
I completely thought from the previous episode the answer would be Hikki would run for president. And then when it was kinda brought up, I was like, "ha! I'm right!" ... but then it turned out; nope, I'm wrong, though the resolution was really well done and satisfying.

Am I the only one that still has problems keeping track of everyone's name?
Oct 23, 2020 11:22 AM

Aug 2018
Hikigaya is so damn smart, he organized that plan so perfectly.

Jan 14, 2021 12:08 PM

Feb 2020
Wait, I don't understand, wasn't the whole point of the mission for Iroha not to become president ? Why did it suddenly become the opposite ? I know that Hachiman's first goal became for Yukino and Yui to cancel their application, but it doesn't explain why is no one pointing out how Hachiman ended up doing everything he could to make Iroha become president, despite it being the opposite of her initial demand.
Iroha's lack of reaction is especially weird, but even Yukino and Yui don't react like they should. Both of them care about their missions, especially Yukino, so while being grateful or in opposition angry at Hachiman for what he's done, they still should've commented on how he ended up doing the opposite of what he was supposed to do. Their reaction here consequently feels really out-of-character. Is there something I missed ?
Apr 22, 2021 3:02 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Komachi♡ What a cute & endearing little sister. That scene at the start reminded me so much of my sister & I, I actually teared up. I dunno it’s like knowing how you can always talk to & go to your sister & how she’ll always be there for you, no matter what♡

Shame. Would have loved to see the trio work together in the student council. Maybe Hachiman didn’t make the right choice afterall. I’m sure Yukinon had other plans.

I’m enjoying this season so much more than the first. The art & direction really have a huge part to play in that.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 6, 2021 10:57 PM
Jan 2021
Hikigaya proved again how genius he is.............
Feb 10, 2022 3:30 PM

Mar 2019
"You thought you understood", what, what do you mean Yukino???

Seems like Hachiman finally solved the problem without sacrificing himself, but I really don't understand Yukino now. Glad to see Yui like that and Iroha might not be the worst girl in the world. I still don't understand what Hachiman did to make Iroha win, but it's a happy ending I guess. From what I got he baited everyone into thinking that Hayato was running for president then after getting 120 people to back him up, he immediately changed the name from Hayato to Iroha and so she won? But did no one question Hayato or anything like that? And what role did Zaimokuza Kawasaki have. I don't understand what good she did by writing those names on the napkin.

I also kind of wanted to see them 3 in the student council, would have been happy and Hachiman thought the same UNTIL HE SAID THOSE LAST WORDS which again, I have no idea what he meant by them.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 17, 2022 8:30 AM
Feb 2020
Fafette said:
Wait, I don't understand, wasn't the whole point of the mission for Iroha not to become president ? Why did it suddenly become the opposite ? I know that Hachiman's first goal became for Yukino and Yui to cancel their application, but it doesn't explain why is no one pointing out how Hachiman ended up doing everything he could to make Iroha become president, despite it being the opposite of her initial demand.
Iroha's lack of reaction is especially weird, but even Yukino and Yui don't react like they should. Both of them care about their missions, especially Yukino, so while being grateful or in opposition angry at Hachiman for what he's done, they still should've commented on how he ended up doing the opposite of what he was supposed to do. Their reaction here consequently feels really out-of-character. Is there something I missed ?
Alex_TheForest said:

Seems like Hachiman finally solved the problem without sacrificing himself, but I really don't understand Yukino now. Glad to see Yui like that and Iroha might not be the worst girl in the world. I still don't understand what Hachiman did to make Iroha win, but it's a happy ending I guess. From what I got he baited everyone into thinking that Hayato was running for president then after getting 120 people to back him up, he immediately changed the name from Hayato to Iroha and so she won? But did no one question Hayato or anything like that? And what role did Zaimokuza Kawasaki have. I don't understand what good she did by writing those names on the napkin.

I also kind of wanted to see them 3 in the student council, would have been happy and Hachiman thought the same UNTIL HE SAID THOSE LAST WORDS which again, I have no idea what he meant by them.

thats exactly what "You thought you understood" is,yukino mean she think that hachiman understand "the problem" but he is not,hachiman from the first season till now did not "solved the problem",no hes not,he is "AVOIDING" it,this case,instead of solving the problem to bail iroha from that election,he choose to manipulate her so that it will served his goal,what is hachiman goal? not helping iroha,his goal is "keeping the club together",hes using iroha for that,yukino many times till know thinking hachiman finally understand "HIS PROBLEM",but shes wrong,he still makes the same mistake.
Sep 22, 2022 3:23 PM

Nov 2018
I loved the moments between the siblings!
Of all characters, I have the most difficulties understanding her. She seems to have the heaviest problems. I could compare her to an activated bomb. If you are not careful with the wires, you will definitely get fried.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Sep 22, 2022 3:28 PM

Nov 2018
zerokarasu said:
Fafette said:
Alex_TheForest said:

thats exactly what "You thought you understood" is,yukino mean she think that hachiman understand "the problem" but he is not,hachiman from the first season till now did not "solved the problem",no hes not,he is "AVOIDING" it,this case,instead of solving the problem to bail iroha from that election,he choose to manipulate her so that it will served his goal,what is hachiman goal? not helping iroha,his goal is "keeping the club together",hes using iroha for that,yukino many times till know thinking hachiman finally understand "HIS PROBLEM",but shes wrong,he still makes the same mistake.

Oh I see! Thanks for the explanations! I think you are correct! Now that I think about it, Hachiman's style is to sneak between the obstacles instead of facing them.😂 I wonder if that will change...
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Oct 26, 2022 12:14 AM
Jan 2021
I am sose Mourinho

I'm surprised nobody saw that
Apr 13, 2023 3:29 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Maybe all the over-powered student councils in anime have influenced my perspective, but the being on the student council or even the president in this school doesn't seem like that big of a deal. First of all, the only one running at first was Iroha, and only because someone signed her up for the task as a joke. Then Yui and Yukino join the running for their own reasons, but mainly to grant Iroha's request of course. But it's like: "Oh, you don't want to be student council president? Sure, I'll do it for you, no problem." 

I guess the point is that this is kind of a big problem in the end, and Yukino wants to deal with it and fix it in her own way. Becoming the president was never the most forefront issue for Yukino herself, but rather solving this problem and growing herself as a character from it, not needing help from anyone, and doing it without the guidance or influence of her mother or her sister. Unfortunately for her, 8man was one step ahead of the game and had already "fixed" everything by fooling Yui and Yukino with some numbers- and I suppose he fooled Iroha with them as well. At least he managed to cleverly convince Iroha to take up the role that she initially wanted to turn down. 

But man, how great would that be if Yukino DID become president, with Yui and 8man as other members of the council as treasurer, secretary, vice president, or whatever. Like it's nice in theory what 8man is doing, but come on man, let things play out for once instead of jumping in. He didn't NEED to convince Iroha and make her president. He could've just sit back and watch the show from the sidelines. But he didn't, so that makes you wonder, man... he really cares about this club deep inside, doesn't he. He was scarred from trying to form relationships in the past, but deep down, he still wants that meaningful relationship in his life, and perhaps he subconsciously has found that with this club.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 4, 2023 10:28 AM

Oct 2021
That "sose" poster in student council room lol
Dec 9, 2023 8:35 PM

Nov 2023
What a cute Hachiman sister has, would smsh
Feb 8, 11:42 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to DannyTheDonkey
Nice episode, despite left some question and still dry. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

maybe no one care for this but saw Jose Mourinho in this episode really made my day.
@DannyTheDonkey ha, was searching for this reply!
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.