Forum Settings
Forums
New
How proud are you of Singapore?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2008 2:32 AM

Jun 2007
Well, i think he's (Emerald) right. Besides, to truly appreciate Singapore you got to NOT be born here. Or else you take everything for granted.
May 22, 2008 3:04 PM

Aug 2007
@ Halberdier: LOL I even know where Singapore gets the bucks from XD (Dad was the embassador of Ukraine to S'pore. @_@ Too many stacks of papers about it at home not to notice XD) And yep, Ukraine should just stay hidden and quiet... (and here I go critizing it .... =P)

@gecko: I end doing my homework at 4 am T_T Not cool AT ALL >.> JC equivalent I think...'cuz I graduate in a year....(even if by S'pore standarts I am in sec 3 XD)
*heehee!* Of course! There are loads of ways to improve ANY country, I was just trying to say that Singapore should be taken TOO for granted. It has so many positive aspects so =P And I seriously dont think I was treated any different @_@(Remembers the one time I got scolded by a teacher because I was sitting down whie she was talking to me[in Ukraine this is encouraged >.>]) But you might be right (and proably are^^") so I'll be extra attentive when I come over in June-July ^^

@Shurtugal : I'm a she ^^ And I think we all take our homeland for granted. Like Hal said, it's only human. But I think we should try to understand that in most countries (for your case)and in some countries (in my case) people are way worse off...

Mesa want's to be in Sinagapore now though XD Or Canada =P I need to get away from these people here in school >.> *grumble*
May 24, 2008 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
@emerald
WHAAT 4AM??? U SERIOUS???
oh my...i never studied or did homework past 2am myself. once the clock hit 2am i'd just take a shower and go to sleep...there's always copying from friends or handing in late work if you need to. XD

so are u considered a singapore PR? and well, sometimes i think it's a characteristic of us chinese people...we're hardly ever happy with what we have and we'd strive for something better if it's within our means. it's a bit of a double-edged sword.
May 24, 2008 10:08 PM

Jun 2007
greckoboy said:
@emerald
WHAAT 4AM??? U SERIOUS???
oh my...i never studied or did homework past 2am myself. once the clock hit 2am i'd just take a shower and go to sleep...there's always copying from friends or handing in late work if you need to. XD

so are u considered a singapore PR? and well, sometimes i think it's a characteristic of us chinese people...we're hardly ever happy with what we have and we'd strive for something better if it's within our means. it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

Yeah, but no way we can compare to the PRCs man... they slog like hell.
May 25, 2008 7:35 AM

Jan 2008
@shu
PRCs? people's republic of china? i assume you're talking about PSC scholars (edit: prc scholars woops. i shouldn't risk sounding like i'm making fun of psc scholars like erm a certain country leader's son...)...

and yeah, those guys're so hardworking that people start thinking they're crazy. but the top sholars aren't even here...the best of them would stay in china. i tell people jokingly that the person with the best english vocabulary might just be from china and not england because someone among the billions of people there might just have mugged/memorised the entire oxford dictionary. XD
greckoboyMay 26, 2008 6:10 AM
May 26, 2008 4:20 AM

Jun 2007
It's got to do with the competitive spirit there. I read an article about it in the May issue of National Geographic. It seriously scares me. The chinese here and the chinese there are so different, we're poles apart. Or at least i am. I'd still rather be a chinese here than there. "Banana" and all.
May 26, 2008 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
lol sometimes i wonder why these people can't just brush their teeth more thoroughly, drink more water, wear contacts and get a nice hairdo and stuff like that. surely it doesn't take too much effort...there's no need to sacrifice so much for success. some of the scholars would actually look pretty good if they made the effort. haha yes and i actually noticed their "potentials". call me shallow if u will but they've got quite a huge image problem to solve.
May 26, 2008 6:48 AM

Dec 2007
I get what you mean, Greck. I used to live in China and my maid there proudly told us she doesn't bathe for a month. Bleah.....
May 29, 2008 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
Singapore is awsome!
May 31, 2008 2:29 AM

Jun 2007
Eh thanks! But technically, this post was originally meant for Singaporeans XD
May 31, 2008 9:49 AM

Dec 2007
Or at least, in Emerald's case, where she stayed here before...
May 31, 2008 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
lol i just want to say that this is really the most evened out poll results on MAL that i've ever seen; where everything is spread out from 1 to 10 and the most common vote is the middle ground...it leans towards the higher scores a little but not by much...
Aug 29, 2008 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
That's my little brother, ignore him XD

Just been over there this summer and I found it still ZOMG @_@

Believe it or not, I swear it is better than anywhere else, although now I have to agree, the educational system is something left to be desired. I find the Sec 3 and sec 4 organisation quite sloppy (or maybe that's just St.Marg's). Still, I wonder why some people rate it a 1....

It's not like you have a huge terrorist problem or something OR have evil propaganda.... (and yesh, I know about what happened)^^

Oh well, still enjoyed my stay~^^
Nov 26, 2008 9:22 PM
Oct 2008
Oh yes, i do whine about certain stuffs that they do around here.
NS, education system, bla bla bla.

But after reading all that intelligent, mind-boggling shanadigans by non other than my singaporean friends (who, i'm sure, victims of sg's vicious ed system). Oh, im proud of singapore. heh.

i dont really have a definitive reason yet, but i took 6. Cheers guys

EDIT: Didnt know that shanadigans (real word, schenadigans, maybe) had a meaning to it.

Yosh,
The meaning of this word totally changes the meaning to that forum post.

Of course, i meant well.
suman! minna-san!
superYANNov 28, 2008 5:03 AM
Dec 1, 2008 6:59 AM
Oct 2008
well, i'm not actually a singaporean, but i've lived here since i was 6. xD i think i like singapore quite a lot. probably a 8. the education system here is really fair etc, and everybody gets an equal chance in everything ^-^ and government isn't corrupt. a lot for us to be grateful for
Apr 22, 2009 6:19 AM

May 2008
10/10 , well im happy to be in such a country, a place with no natural disasters, even though its not perfect its one of the best countries i have seen

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 26, 2009 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
I'm Born and breed in Singapore..

There's no perfect living place and Singapore is far from perfect. However, I do thank God, it's a safe country to live in.

Living here is ok but I don't exactly feel proud being a Singapore. The gahmen makes it too easy for foreign talents to live/study/work/invest here. There's nothing wrong with that but I feel there's no big deal with being a Singaporean. So long as you have money to come to Singapore, it's really easy to become a Singaporean. Gong Li is a Singaporean now. :P
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So, how old are the lot of you? ( 1 2 )

Henrrieta - Aug 7, 2008

67 by Onizuka-Eikichi »»
Aug 10, 2017 7:37 AM

» <Cancelled>

ch-shire - Sep 30, 2010

22 by khiem11tt1 »»
Sep 27, 2012 10:31 PM

Sticky: » [AnimeSG] Membership Card [Close]

VioletYuki - Apr 5, 2010

33 by removed-user »»
Mar 11, 2012 7:09 PM

» Anime Merchandise Store in SG

Klaf - Jan 30, 2012

1 by Kassarin »»
Jan 30, 2012 9:46 PM

» SG Anime Club "top 5 best" prediction for Anime Summer 2010!

DarkKoji - May 22, 2010

14 by ch-shire »»
Jul 25, 2010 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.