Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2015 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
I tried this anime out today, but I found it really confusing and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I'm not sure if it was my subs or whatever... so I was just wondering what you people think?
Apr 27, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2010
It's a character study. It's not a grand MMO adventure full of action and bright, colorful fantasy worlds. It's bleak as hell, full of dull colors, melancholic background music, and characters talking for hours about their situation and The World. Also, I watched the dub and I was fine, but I also greatly enjoyed the talking, so I probably paid more attention than I should have.
Apr 27, 2015 7:41 PM
Feb 2015
.hack/sign is very much up to your taste in anime. If you like Log Horizon you'll be fine with this one. .hack/sign is slow build, not a lot of crazy battle scenes, but it gives you intriguing plot points, fun characters that you can relate to at least one most likely...and holds nice nostalgia for me at least.

So if you don't mind more of a slow/psychological anime give .hack//sign a few episodes to see if you can get into the story. But the initial premise should be fairly straight forward.
Apr 27, 2015 7:47 PM

Jan 2010
HybridLR said:
.hack/sign is very much up to your taste in anime. If you like Log Horizon you'll be fine with this one. .hack/sign is slow build, not a lot of crazy battle scenes, but it gives you intriguing plot points, fun characters that you can relate to at least one most likely...and holds nice nostalgia for me at least.

So if you don't mind more of a slow/psychological anime give .hack//sign a few episodes to see if you can get into the story. But the initial premise should be fairly straight forward.

It's a bad idea to go into .hack//Sign thinking Log Horizon. It's more closer to Serial Experiments Lain if anything. The point of the show is asking questions about why people play in The World, their relations to one another, and the underlying plot that's only hinted at for like 3/4 of the show. I mean, you're right in saying it's slow, but I need to emphasize it: it is slow. It's hard to get into because of that, so don't worry if you're not getting it.
Apr 27, 2015 8:01 PM
Feb 2015
[quote=Shocked]
HybridLR said:

Given that the original poster is newer to anime in general, I figured I'd reference something that's newer and easier to find. Lain is older than half of the people on this site most likely, so I figure it's best not to bring up relics unless asked directly about them.

Long and short of .hack//sign that I'm sure we can both agree on is it's glacial slow and somewhat "heady" meaning that it's a storyline that'll make you think due to it's slower pacing. But if you like character development, relationship developments and watching people try to learn how to work together while piecing the puzzle together as they go, .hack//sign is an amazing anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 18 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 29, 2008

22 by Lil-Bird »»
Mar 14, 9:46 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 10 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 25, 2009

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 5 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 4 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

38 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 6:34 AM

» [Deleted]

JustOscar - Jun 30, 2023

2 by Karinara »»
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.