Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2015 8:23 PM
Aug 2014
I'm not exactly new to the site, but I'm only recently getting more active in the social aspect of things here. However I'm struggling to find a positive and friendly place to talk with other people. It would be really nice to have that on days where things aren't going too well. Does anyone know of a good forum or club where I might find what I'm looking for?

(Also I acknowledge this is not really the intended use for this specific forum, but I also think it might be good for any new comers that want the same thing to see this.)
Apr 26, 2015 8:46 PM
Feb 2014
Hello

Your best bet is to join a club to find positive places, stay away from the forums at all costs. You'll remain disease free.

What clubs are you looking for exactly?
Apr 26, 2015 8:51 PM
Aug 2014
NicoIsPathetic said:
Hello

Your best bet is to join a club to find positive places, stay away from the forums at all costs. You'll remain disease free.

What clubs are you looking for exactly?

Yeah I only recently ventured outside of the Recommendation threads, and I've learned the hard way that might not have been the best idea in some cases...

I've looked around art various clubs dedicated to my interests (like Mahou Shoujo, music, and rpg gaming) but mist tend to be very inactive. Honestly I'd just love an overall friendly environment here, regardless of the subject pretty much.
Apr 26, 2015 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
how about MAL IRC channel http://myanimelist.net/irc/ sometimes they talk personal things there as far as i remember
Apr 26, 2015 9:00 PM

Jan 2009
if you want a very active club then join this - http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=20081 they got a chat thread as well there
Apr 26, 2015 9:02 PM
Aug 2014
Oxalias said:
Omg make a casual club!! I'll join

Oh gosh I've never made something like that before. I really don't even know how. I could try though... x_x

j0x said:
how about MAL IRC channel http://myanimelist.net/irc/ sometimes they talk personal things there as far as i remember

I didn't even know this existed! It's been a while since I've used IRC.
Apr 26, 2015 9:03 PM
Jan 2013
Hmmm

Usually chat clubs or the so called "Cafes" are really nice and friendly places.

From my personal and only experience that I have with those, Monia's Cafe is a pretty friendly and nice place itself.
gone bai bai
Apr 26, 2015 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
hihi!

Honestly it's probably just the best to just bounce around until you find yourself a home. Just keep checking the last comment or last post. Every club has their good group to talk to but of course this is a forum site and the internet so finding a pure positive place to talk is close to impossible. What is more important is finding that small group of people that you can really feel comfortable with.
Apr 26, 2015 9:10 PM
Aug 2014
Mkim said:
Hmmm

Usually chat clubs or the so called "Cafes" are really nice and friendly places.

From my personal and only experience that I have with those, Monia's Cafe is a pretty friendly and nice place itself.

I did look at that one, but felt a bit intimidated. It seems like there's an already large, well defined community and I would have trouble fitting into it. (I sound so pathetic I'm sorry...)
Apr 26, 2015 9:30 PM
Jan 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:

I did look at that one, but felt a bit intimidated. It seems like there's an already large, well defined community and I would have trouble fitting into it. (I sound so pathetic I'm sorry...)

Well, not like I can't see where you're going with this.

Though if it's a no-go, searching for a smaller club or even making your own as KittyLickingPaw said it's not a bad idea.
gone bai bai
Apr 26, 2015 9:39 PM
Aug 2014
Mkim said:
NoblePhantaZm said:

Well, not like I can't see where you're going with this.

Though if it's a no-go, searching for a smaller club or even making your own as KittyLickingPaw said it's not a bad idea.

I'm going to try and see what happens. No harm in it really. Plus I'll look into what it takes to create a club effectively. Thank you for the help!
Apr 26, 2015 9:46 PM
Jan 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:
Thank you for the help!

No probs and not really though.

By the way, pretty sure they won't mind you making a HST since I presume you'll be active.

I shall bid you gluck den -3-
gone bai bai
Apr 26, 2015 9:49 PM
Mar 2014
You're always welcome to talk to me if it'll help at all.
Apr 26, 2015 10:53 PM

Nov 2014
vodall said:
You're always welcome to talk to me if it'll help at all.

Apr 30, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2014
Welcome to MAL! ( ゚▽゚)/
Apr 30, 2015 11:19 PM

Sep 2014
Welcome! Don't forget to visit forum games :)
May 14, 2015 1:02 AM

Jun 2014
welcome to MAL :D
All credit goes to Sacred.

More topics from this board

» hello people

eatyourgreenz - Apr 21

10 by DaikonOcelot »»
6 hours ago

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - 10 hours ago

5 by DaikonOcelot »»
6 hours ago

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Yesterday

4 by DaikonOcelot »»
6 hours ago

» smol fluff

giga_tail - Yesterday

9 by DaikonOcelot »»
6 hours ago

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Yesterday

5 by 6EyedBastard »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.