Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A promise to be together next year huh? Sounds like a plan.

Drama definitely escalated this chapter though between Naho and Kakeru. I wonder how much of this present will change and what place there is for Kakeru also. Glad to see this series series back though. I hope it gets more updates this year!
Apr 26, 2015 5:33 PM
Mar 2015
SUWA FREAKING HIROTO YOU SELFLESS PRICK.

I hope everything turns out fine with Kakeru and nobody dies in his place because I have a feeling that it might happen.
Apr 27, 2015 12:52 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, Suwa not becoming an opportunist by confessing, but rather a wingman. Good, this timeline now rests on Naho's actions, will Kakeru die or not.... 3 or 4 chapters to go???
Apr 27, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
I can't believe it, all of his friends are trying to do what they can, but how could Kakeru behave like that? Seriously, that's not how you treat someone you love even when you, yourself is hurting.

Sure, I want them to manage changing their past/future: Kakeru shouldn't have died, he should have lived his life to the fullest and Naho and Suwa shouldn't got married if they still have things they regret, there are so many unresolved problems... But something about Kakeru is seriously putting me off. :(
Apr 27, 2015 2:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
#NOTDED
Apr 27, 2015 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
It looks like history will repeat itself and they can't change it. Getting more hopeless every chapter...
Apr 27, 2015 4:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well, after all this time i can't see that this chapter is something really stupid.

Kakeru: "Oh you don't know anything, don't talk to me! See? i'm even destrying my cellphone because REASONS *cryloudly*"
Naho: "Ok i have to be careful with words. Don't worry, your grandmother will be alright because i know that 10 years from now she will be alive....oh...shit..."
Apr 27, 2015 7:31 AM
Apr 2014
It seems things have taken a turn for the worst...

Suwa best guy he def deserves better
Apr 27, 2015 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
I was expecting a happy new years chapter and this is what we got ;_; dammit Suwa, you perfect little shit
remember me for centuries;
Apr 27, 2015 8:37 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Some things can't be changed huh...

And yeah come on suwa, such a good guy.
Apr 27, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know how I feel about this chapter.
I love Suwa and at the same time angry at him, man you dont have throw away your future you still can save Kakeru, why you gotta be so selfless, srsly he is the reason I'm crying every chapter.
What a beautiful guy
Apr 27, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
THE FEELS!
Every chapter ; u ;
Apr 27, 2015 2:20 PM
Apr 2014
i see some ppl keep saying"only few chapters left" etc, so how many chapters will this have and how do you know that?
Apr 27, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
justbored said:
i see some ppl keep saying"only few chapters left" etc, so how many chapters will this have and how do you know that?

The manga will end this year and volume 5 (I think?) is going to be the last.
Apr 27, 2015 2:53 PM

May 2013
I think the moral of this story might be no matter what you do, there may be some things you can't change. Maybe he will still kill himself.
Apr 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
BethG said:
justbored said:

:)

how dafuq am i supposed to react to this? x___x
Apr 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
next chapter is being released on 5/25 in japan and im just half dead
im not mentally prepared for this because i dont want kakeru to die but i want suwa to be with naho.
i just want a happy ending for all of them

Apr 28, 2015 6:29 AM

Dec 2012
Kakeru's behaviour is starting to piss me off. Go Suwa, I root for you.
Apr 28, 2015 8:56 AM

Mar 2012
I can see desperation in Kakeru, that's so painful. :(
And yet again Suwa is such a good guy omgggg I want all of them to be happy and alive that's all. ;_;
Apr 28, 2015 11:51 AM
Apr 2014
BethG said:
justbored said:

source?
Apr 28, 2015 11:27 PM
Apr 2014
cerseilannister said:
It's been stated by the mangaka herself that the series will have five volumes on her twitter:

https://twitter.com/ichigo_takano/status/574563848558014466
thanks
Apr 29, 2015 6:12 AM

Jan 2015
That shows the possibility is 50:50 of changing the future now that made me cry TnT
Apr 29, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
Omg, Suwa is a true bro (꒦ິ⍸꒦ິ).
I do wish for Kakeru to live, but ... if it's possible, I want Naho to end with Suwa. He clearly cares for her feelings more than anything, and when he got the chance to confess he chose to cheer her on THI S BREAKS MY HEART GODDDDAMMNNNIT
Apr 30, 2015 4:04 AM
Jan 2015
It was finally updated, I can't believe. And things keep getting worse

ITS OGRE
T
S

O
G
R
E

friendly reminder this is tagged as Drama and Tragedy.
Apr 30, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2014
Things got intense this chapter. Yep, future is not that easy to be changed.
Apr 30, 2015 7:43 PM
Mar 2014
I just started reading this manga yesterday and finished all the chapters. How often does a chapter come out? Is it weekly? Cheers!!
May 2, 2015 2:43 AM
Jan 2015
Aizen90 said:
I just started reading this manga yesterday and finished all the chapters. How often does a chapter come out? Is it weekly? Cheers!!

no one knows, welcome to the suffering train
May 2, 2015 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
So no matter what she says he will take it the wrong way.
Suwa - why don't you tell her how you feel? I like Suwa better more and more.
May 3, 2015 2:58 PM
Mar 2014
dwdante said:
Aizen90 said:

A reviewer said every two weeks. Damn that's too long.
May 4, 2015 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
Aizen90 said:
dwdante said:

Nope even longer the chapters come out between 1-3 months.
May 4, 2015 1:04 PM
Jan 2015
Aizen90 said:
dwdante said:

ahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
May 4, 2015 11:40 PM

Jan 2015
The Mangaka takes hiatuses between the volumes, (which is irrelevant now, since this is the last volume) which is the reason for the long break between ch 17 and 18. and in general, just long hiatuses in the past (i believe, for health issues, idk. i've only been following this manga since around ch 14 or 15)

Whilst I am glad Suwa is a popular character and everyone appreciates him, something I've discovered as a bit off putting is fandom response to Naho and Kakeru. (on forums, tumblr, etc.) The general hate generated towards them, on this chapter particularly. Of course theres always entitlement to opinion, and all, but misconception and blaming of ill characters always rubbed me the wrong way, as a clinically ill person as well (including long-time depression), misconception and interpretation of characters is pretty common when said character is ill and fans cant really characterize it well, being infamilar with illnesses. This chapter is depressing as hell to me because I love Kakeru and Naho, as individuals and as a pairing. Kakeru's hostility is caused by his sadness of course, he's not a bad guy. The guilt, simple guilt hes prolly been feeling since, circa timeline of ch1 (when his mom committed suicide) is prolly immense beyond belief, and with his gran ill, etc. how guilty he has to feel to be around his friends, and whatnot again, rather than his family when they're in need. This is all heighten (hella) when you take into consideration the effect of despair, and etc. depression has. And Naho, it is painful because she's just trying to help. She's not perfect, she fumbles over words, what to say, and has terrible awkwardness and etc. But at least she tried to help. A lot of times, when people dont say nothing to ppl in need, because they dont know what to say, it also has bad effect. At least she tried </3 I hope they can fix this, itll kill me if the message of the manga is history repeating itself.

And also, while I love Suwa and Naho together in the future, Naho and Kakeru love eachother now so I really want them together. I just want Suwa to get a happy ending because he really deserves it. I've had theory for a while now (last 2 chapters have rly heightened it) that him and Takako will develop. I think it'd be cute, all the friends together as couples <3
May 5, 2015 1:09 AM
Jan 2015
nyxion said:
The Mangaka takes hiatuses between the volumes, (which is irrelevant now, since this is the last volume) which is the reason for the long break between ch 17 and 18. and in general, just long hiatuses in the past (i believe, for health issues, idk. i've only been following this manga since around ch 14 or 15)

Jesus, you really know nothing. Why are you giving wrong information like that?

First off: ch 17 and 18 are from the same volume. Break between volumes? lol.
Second, the hiatus wasn't because health issues. She almost dropped the series for good.

Stop talking nonsense.

Anyway, I found the release date of ch19 as the user Aizen required: It will be on sale on 5/25. It's still unknown about ch20.
May 10, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
THIS FUCKING CHAPTER

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CHAPTER TO GET RELEASED

BUT AFTER READING YOU'RE LIKE... "no. no. no."
May 12, 2015 9:41 AM
Oct 2014
The Suwa/Kakeru relationship going on kinda reminds me of the Nana series. Anyone else feel this way?

Kakeru is very troubled, the center of the story, and has a very compelling attraction between him and Naho. He is like a child that Naho & the gang looks after, and we can clearly see that he sparks a lot of different emotions within Naho as a friend and semi-lover.

Then there's Suwa, who seems to be a lot more stable, supportive, and reliable. He is comfortable and rational to Naho, which is probably why she ended up with him in the first alternate universe.

Even though Kakeru keeps the ball rolling in the manga, I can definitely see Suwa as the younger universe's endgame too.
May 13, 2015 4:27 PM
Mar 2014
@Dwdante Thanks man! I'm actually checkng this in the middle of finals week :) 12 days seems too long.
May 18, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Oh gosh I love Suwa but I don't get why people are upset with Kakeru (I mean I kind of do, but I'm still ????) It sort of reminds me of some of the free!dom's reaction to Rin when he was depressed.

The way I see it, Kakeru is seriously hurting, and I think he's afraid too? He's afraid of losing everyone he cares about, of hurting everyone he cares about, stuff like that. He's just really scared and upset and everything kind of sucks right now.

True true that Suwa really cares for Naho, but Naho reeaally really likes Kakeru. Suwa even talked about how upset she was in the future when she'd found out Kakeru had liked her back. He cares about her too much for her to be that upset (especially knowing he could've stopped it :,c)

At the very least, if something does still happen to Kakeru, and Suwa and Naho end up together again, Suwa won't have the regret of keeping Kakeru and Naho's feelings from each other.
May 31, 2015 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
Kakeru is becoming more and more of a jackass every chapter.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 23, 2015 1:35 PM

Sep 2013
It's getting closer with each chapter XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Sep 22, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
Bury me in my tears please

Thanks
Feb 23, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
Kakeru is so emo omg
Keeping him alive would mean an apocalypse
Apr 15, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2015
Suwa is a god tier bro, really have nothing but the utmost respect for the dude. He is the one busting his ass and ignoring his feelings, to help save a friend.

Sometimes Naho being so spineless hurts to read, she gave up to early at trying to save him. Couldn't find the words and choked, then let him walk away..
Jun 26, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2007
Losing your sibling is so hard that one can gone nuts. i kno i did once. i was not myself for months. but.. if there was even someone to comfort me, i'd be so grateful. so grateful. but i was alone in my grief and depression

i don't understand kakeru but we people all are different so i'm not judging.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 16, 2016 6:45 PM

Mar 2016
Suuuuwwaaaa :'( I love him more every chapter he is too good for all of us.

Kakeru may seem like he's acting like a jerk but it's not that odd for someone like him. He probably doesn't know how to deal with his emotions; he also likely feels unworthy of anyone's love since he thinks he'll just screw it up and pushing people away is the only way he can deal with the guilt and fear he has.
I don't know that a romantic relationship is really what's best for him at the moment. He needs to work through the guilt first.
Jul 16, 2016 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
Suwa, my precious baby.
May 2, 2020 5:52 AM

Sep 2017
Naho is definitely dumb she doesn't deserved Suwa anyway...
yikes

More topics from this board

» Does the anime and movie cover it all ?

xnub - Aug 13, 2023

1 by ixaa »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:08 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

12 by Frog_blue »»
Feb 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Haru-iro Astronaut Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

6 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 AM

» orange rerelease

Gieog_ - Jan 27, 2022

8 by Smashdevil »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Jul 8, 2012

21 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.