Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Jan 2016
MMEEEEEEEEGUUUUMIIII HGGHH!! but alice is also ok XD
Jun 14, 2016 1:35 AM

Jul 2013
Megumi all the way. Erina it's just a petty bitch.
Jun 24, 2016 3:02 AM
Oct 2014
I want polygamous Harem ending but the author doesn't have the balls (they never do) so I'll vote for Ikumi because she is best grill.
Jun 24, 2016 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
SodiumChloride said:
Megumi because anyone is better than Erina .

She's just a bitch .

True best grill is either Nikumi or Alice .

The rest of them suck ass .

Agree 1000%, glad someone else realized this :3
Jun 28, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2015
Just going to throw my 2 cents into the mix.
Though I may be way off base here but isn't it easy to see why Erina is the way she is, having everyone lord over you from a very early age, she clearly hasn't felt defeat etc yet which is what I presume will break her mold and she will turn more delicate / girly.

Wasn't it kind of hinted at right at the start of the first season (probably reading to much into this)
When Souma is heading off to the Academy and he cut his dad off on the phone and his dad, Jouichirou is stating that to become a great chef you need to find a women you want to cook for etc. Souma then is telling Erina that he will make her admit she likes his cooking hinting he wants to cook for her. Though Megumi is just like the girls you see in Yukihira restaurant at the very beginning to use as victims for his crazy food combos.

In the end I personally hope he gets with Alice or a girl not with anything to do with the academy / food industry.
Jun 29, 2016 12:45 PM
Oct 2014
MEGUMI hands down! Best girl EVER! She is freaking precious <3

I don't particularly even favour Megumi's type. I just like strong girls, but all the haters don't seem to notice that Megumi is actually a total badass. Can you please see her character development?

Erina tho, is still the same as ever even after all this time.
I can't believe that ppl even like someone like Erina & want her to end up with Souma when she failed him because of her stupid ass pride & issues. (Just imagine someone doing that to you when you try to get into a university/ get a job). Erina's backstory honestly feels like a forced excuse for her b*tchy attitude. Her stubbornness in still denying Souma's cooking is just becoming redundant and even more annoying. I like Tsunderes/Himederes when they are done right, & that is NOT Erina ew.
Jun 29, 2016 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Yes I definitely prefer the unlikable tsundere who has been tagged as a "main" character for the sake of her role as fan-service and plot device "god tongue" over any female character in this show. 24 episodes of anime and 140+ chapters of manga of the same bullshit from this character has made me wonder why she exists in the first place.

And while I'm aware of Erina's development that is occurring in the manga my hate of her overall over-tsunderish character cannot be overturned.

Literally everyone is better than her.
Jun 29, 2016 6:57 PM

Feb 2010
SodiumChloride said:

She's just a bitch .

Agreed. I have this 'thing' where I absolutely HATEEEE tsunderes, but most of the time I can forgive them since the trope is that deep, deep down there is good. There is SOME GOOD but they are just hiding that part of themselves maybe because they're scared of showing their true self.

Erina over here, I'm convinced is just 100% stuck up and it's not even her attitude that is so unbearable to me. It's legit who she is. Sure, she'll have her 'moments' but the fact that she's so stuck up and REPETITIVE doesn't even make me see her as a character anymore. She literally is a walking sign and shows us only one side of her.

Megumi is precious, selfless, loving, caring, considerate and legit describes a more than decent human being.
Not trying to throw Erina under the bus, except I am.

I'm not going to say she's a demon or not a decent human being, but legit look me in the eyes and tell me she's admirable. Literally her head is inflating the more and more she appears and legit she is stealing ALL the air away in every room she walks in. Legit her head inflating from everyone complimenting her and calling her "Erina-sama" legit bowing down before her. She keeps belittling people which is j-just so mind boggling to me. How can you treat people like they're a piece of shit. Literally. Excuse the language but who can't look at her face without cursing at her. They aren't even people that deserve to be treated like that.

A respectable chef would obviously RECOGNIZE their prestige, but they don't throw shade on anyone and everyone. I mean, like what the hell? We all get it she has the "God Tongue" and she's a genius. Literally there is nothing in her mind except her all the time and if there is any character development for her, I legit am going to end up asking WHO THIS GIRL IS because there is absolutely no way she can develop unless she turns into another human being.

/end of rant.
Jun 29, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2010
EarlCiel said:
SodiumChloride said:

She's just a bitch .

Agreed. I have this 'thing' where I absolutely HATEEEE tsunderes, but most of the time I can forgive them since the trope is that deep, deep down there is good. There is SOME GOOD but they are just hiding that part of themselves maybe because they're scared of showing their true self.

Erina over here, I'm convinced is just 100% stuck up and it's not even her attitude that is so unbearable to me. It's legit who she is. Sure, she'll have her 'moments' but the fact that she's so stuck up and REPETITIVE doesn't even make me see her as a character anymore. She literally is a walking sign and shows us only one side of her.

Megumi is precious, selfless, loving, caring, considerate and legit describes a more than decent human being.

I'm not going to say she's a demon or not a decent human being, but legit look me in the eyes and tell me she's admirable. Literally her head is inflating the more and more she appears and legit she is stealing ALL the air away in every room she walks in. Legit her head inflating from everyone complimenting her and calling her "Erina-sama" legit bowing down before her. She keeps belittling people which is j-just so mind boggling to me. How can you treat people like they're a piece of shit. Literally. Excuse the language but who can't look at her face without cursing at her. They aren't even people that deserve to be treated like that.

A respectable chef would obviously RECOGNIZE their prestige, but they don't throw shade on anyone and everyone. I mean, like what the hell? We all get it she has the "God Tongue" and she's a genius. Literally there is nothing in her mind except her all the time and if there is any character development for her, I legit am going to end up asking WHO THIS GIRL IS because there is absolutely no way she can develop unless she turns into another human being.

/end of rant.

I think I'm gonna be the same. I have heard about how she completely changes later or something. I feel you.
Jul 13, 2016 5:52 AM
Apr 2016
i personally didn't hate erina but megumi has so much character development and she's not the typical shy and timid girl, she does become brave and fight her own self-conciousness
Jul 16, 2016 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
Megumi is much, much better than Erina. Actually, anyone is better than her. Such a terrible and bitchy personality...
Jul 16, 2016 8:26 AM
Jun 2016
Mmm, i dunno i prefer alice or mito.. Maybe Megumi..
Jul 30, 2016 3:12 AM

Sep 2015
Megumi is best girl love her innocence's. Also Erina is just to stuck up and proud not a fan.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 30, 2016 2:14 PM
Oct 2013
Anybody is better than Megumi. Moe blob that lacks any personality.
Aug 4, 2016 1:54 AM

Dec 2014
WoW! LOL! I'm surprised with how the majority of the comments here think Erina is a b***h. But oh well your opinions.

I like Megumi but I find her character a little bland, lacking fire and somewhat uninteresting (she's working on her confidence which is great, but she's kind, motherly, selfless and many positive characterization she kind of has it from the get go so I was a little bored with her). I personally like tsundere's just because it's interesting to see how they change (if ever they do), even who changes them and what circumstances. I prefer Erina because of her strong character overall. She have been highly almighty but she's got the skill,talent and knowledge to back up her arrogance (personally, I don't mind characters like that). At the same time, this attitude has it's flaws. But as Erina work on improving this attitude, she's become a strong pillar of support for the cast.

Other than Erina I also much prefer Alice (I think Alice is the best even- her character is well balanced) over Megumi. XD The blunette is third best on my list. XD
LuzuNataliaAug 4, 2016 2:15 AM
Aug 11, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Both are average, but Erina at least have a better character design, and she has a sexier personality, Megumi on the other hand is so dull.
Aug 11, 2016 2:37 PM
Aug 2012
Easily Megumi. Erina may be sexy but that's all she has. Megumi is cute, caring, and definitely wife material ;DD
Aug 14, 2016 5:50 PM

Dec 2014
Luvdaheros said:
Erina may be sexy but that's all she has.

LOL! I can't believe this comment. If you are watching (or reading the manga) you should know that Erina is more than sexy. Besides being the God's tongue, she is confident and carries herself with dignity. She is knowledgable about food, has great cooking skill and technique (She is at the top of the first years for crying out loud).

She may show little to no mercy to those she doesn't like (probably where her bit***ness comes from) but she can also be kind. She appreciates Hisako for being there, recognizes Megumi's potential, and though she wished for Soma to be kicked out of the academy, she actually contributed to him passing his difficult challenges when all those could've been opportunities for Soma to lose terrribly or get expelled.

She may not be the perfect wife material at the moment, but she's worth more than her looks.
Aug 23, 2016 5:33 AM
Apr 2016
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
Erina

Erina is getting a lot of caracter development lately though
Aug 28, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2014
Megumi. Easy choice
Sep 30, 2016 5:31 AM

Sep 2009
Tadokoro Megumi of course. :P

I'm really tired of tsunderes winning by default in pretty much every single anime where MC has a potential romantic interest.

P.S. I hate tsundere.
Sep 30, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2009
MasterDetective said:
Megumi, she's cute and badass

Umm, can you please tell me what chapter is this? Why she look so badass here? >o< kyaaa~
Sep 30, 2016 5:48 AM

Sep 2009
LittleStar said:
Eh... I dislike when things like "you need to start manga" or "in gets better in manga", "it will be better in newest chapters"

Why if one of female MCs start to become likable after long time?
Why it take some many time?
Why I always have feelings like author thinking something like "oops! I made X character too much annoying, so I need to change it and make her likable." or "Supporting character is more popular than main one, so I need to make them annoying so MC will be more likable compare to supporting chara." -.-

I know this is called development, but in some cases this isn't good.

This is one of the best comment I've read so far :)
Sep 30, 2016 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Megumin ftw! Cute in everyway :3

Sep 30, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2009
EarlCiel said:
SodiumChloride said:

She's just a bitch .

/end of rant.

Thank you sir for this post. Banzai! :D
Kudos to you! Good job ranting ^o^
Oct 6, 2016 5:50 PM
Jan 2011
EarlCiel said:
SodiumChloride said:

She's just a bitch .

/end of rant.

Something else worth adding is that even though she is one of the elites at the school and actually has a gift, she doesn't seem very ambitious as trying to be the best or even compete. Its like "we know you are one of the best, but you not the best so why not try and out beat people to show you have some passion or can display some interest in cooking".
She isn't active, she is nothing new to offer but a nice body, and frankly I don't care where she is when I don't see her since everything else in the series is more interesting (like Shinomiya) than her.

Hayame has a gift too but he is not nearly so complacent as she is. Even the 7th at PS may not be all that ambitious his personality keeps us interested in him as a character.

Erina is kinda boring when you realize she has nothing special ad does very little in the story.
Oct 22, 2016 10:36 AM
Oct 2016
Definitely Megumi Tadokoro. she's cute and gentle and UGHHHHH. And I think she deserves Soma more because they got each others back and because she had big character developments. I likED Erina at first when I saw her in the anime opening BUT she's an annoying BIATCH . Shes the type of tsundere that I really freaking hate. And sometimes the mean things she say is out of line... Even after her character development... I'M STILL ANNOYED AT HER XD
Oct 22, 2016 10:48 AM
Oct 2016
JTLouie said:
mayukachan said:

Finished the show.
I still have the same opinion, tbh.

Read the manga, with how it's progressing you MIGHT change your opinion ;)

Then again Erina is really for the people who like tsunderes. Megumi is more for people who like the scared, soft type of girls. Really depends on personal preference.

I ACTUALLY DISAGREE... I'm more of a tsundere type but I don't like them when they're more Tsun tsun and lacks dere

Erina is that kind of tsun tsun.

And ive read the manga my opinion didnt change tho i hated her less but MEGUMI FOREVER
Oct 23, 2016 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
TragicRomance said:
You don't have to have them as your favorite, just state your preference and reason on why you think one of them is better than the other. If wanting one of them with Souma is your reason, then that's accepted as well.

Note - Bashing isn't allowed. If you don't like one of them, simply say so. No cursing or any rude words.

Personally, I like Megumi a lot better. She's cute, what she lacks can be made up with some good chara development. I want her to become more confident and all badass. Erina is a bit too much of a tsundere for my taste. Too proud and very dishonest. I hope she improves tho.

I mean, reading the manga, Erina goes through a lot of things which sort of develop her tsundere personality. Omitting spoilers, we can state that Erina isn't a tsundere by archetypal means, but by her (insert spoiler).
have never had a L anime opinion in my life
Dec 13, 2016 5:20 PM
Dec 2016
LuzuNatalia said:
Luvdaheros said:
Erina may be sexy but that's all she has.

LOL! I can't believe this comment. If you are watching (or reading the manga) you should know that Erina is more than sexy. Besides being the God's tongue, she is confident and carries herself with dignity. She is knowledgable about food, has great cooking skill and technique (She is at the top of the first years for crying out loud).

She may show little to no mercy to those she doesn't like (probably where her bit***ness comes from) but she can also be kind. She appreciates Hisako for being there, recognizes Megumi's potential, and though she wished for Soma to be kicked out of the academy, she actually contributed to him passing his difficult challenges when all those could've been opportunities for Soma to lose terrribly or get expelled.

She may not be the perfect wife material at the moment, but she's worth more than her looks.

True, but honestly theres too much tsundere that always takes the lead in this kind of show. Erina also was a bit snobby when she was whining that Hisako was not there for her to get her the next volume for the manga she was reading. Even though Megumi seems dull and boring, she works hard and is more realistic in a way... Idk
Dec 19, 2016 2:42 AM

Dec 2014
I like both of them I don't care who souma ends with
Dec 20, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
I prefer Erina over Megumi. Not just because her design is a lot more pleasing in my opinion, but she just seems more competent of a cook. She's also really confident in what she does which makes her more likeable for me.

Alice is best Shokugeki girl though.
!! 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 !! vampires bite beautiful people
Jan 5, 2017 9:07 AM
Jan 5, 2017 9:15 AM

Feb 2015
Y'all need God. Alice best gril... And I didn't watch the anime for the ships because I didn't pay attention to it, the foods looks good and the foodgasm is real, and that's what made me watch it. Story aside, Megumi have more a screen time since she and Souma are in the same dorm.
Jan 5, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
SodiumChloride said:
...anyone is better than Erina

This tbqh. Though none of the girls are particularly good characters.
Feb 8, 2017 7:50 AM

Sep 2013
No competition at all. Erina is obvious end girl.
Feb 8, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2016
erina = bad
todokoro = boring
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 10, 2017 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
I prefer Megumi. Erina is very tsundere and it gets kind of old to be honest. Plus I think she and Soma have more of a friendly rivalry than a romantic relationship. Soma just doesn't seem to see her that way (at least not yet). The same can be said for Megumi, but she and Soma depend on each other for support whereas Erina doesn't want to acknowledge him completely. Megumi is more endearing to me.
Feb 10, 2017 1:24 PM
Nov 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Alice is best girl.

basically this^^
Feb 10, 2017 1:26 PM
Nov 2015
MasterDetective said:
Megumi, she's cute and badass

that was in a dream though. and erina's more badass
Feb 13, 2017 12:15 PM
Jan 2014
Megumi is boring. Erina all the way!
Feb 18, 2017 5:55 PM
Feb 2017
Neither.... have you seen Nikumi?
Mar 9, 2017 2:45 AM
Mar 2017
I think Erina x Soma. Erina has shown the characteristics in the manga, to be the right person for Soma. Im not going to get into the MOUNTAIN of hints from the creator , or what the creator has decided ,

But i think its clear, they push and elevate each other, for different reasons. Soma has said consistently that he wants Erina to acknowledge his cooking. A major hint his dad said was, you need to find a woman to cook for, Soma, at the start of the show when he first went to Totsuki Academy.

Erina despite her tsundre to the max attitude, it is shown that her childhood was extremely lonely and she was taught that peoples value was their cooking, by her overbearing and manipulative father, through abuse and isolation...perspectives that soma character acts in opposition to. n the manga, her grandfather asks Soma to save her, as he is the only one who can.

This i think is proof that her grandfather has accepted Soma. And we've already seen that Erina deeply respects Soma's father cooking. I just think with the cute atmosphere that surrounds them, and the ability to bring each other up its fairly clear that she WILL without a shadow of a doubt be with him.

mlblairanimeMar 9, 2017 2:59 AM
Mar 9, 2017 1:09 PM

Oct 2016
AnimeDoorMar 10, 2017 8:36 AM
Mar 10, 2017 10:45 PM
Mar 2017
Melvanas said:

ERINA x SOMA IS SAILING BOIIISSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is just so god damn cute ughhh i wanna hug erina i should see if she has a body pillow for my huuge one i have at home ..ughhhh CUTENESS IS OVERLOADING my brain soma and erina are flirting...seriously hup *cries* been waiting for more strong breezes to carry the sails forward
Mar 10, 2017 10:51 PM
Mar 2017
animeless said:
I prefer Erina than Megumi. Of course it is not simpatica, but we can say it is the fault of her parents who left her like that. So I'm hoping Souma have a relationship with Erina

For sure. strong breezes, its been blowing the ship as it sails forward for a while now!!!

Erina x Soma i ERina is a fixupper for sure, but then again...Soma is the yin to her yang. While both competitive, he always brought people up, and she always put people down.

However deep down she adores that about soma because she once was that way herself. Its only natural
Mar 16, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 2017
I voted for Erina, simply because I want to see her as Soma's girlfriend. She is well-created tsundere, but in anime she is still hostile towards Yukihira. I really look forward to see her in a relationship with our main character. Probably her admiration for Joichiro won't be insignificant. Megumi is very kind-hearted, but this is also the reason that I can't imagine love between her and Yukihira. He is more like a senpai to her. Moreover, she is sometimes being annoying, because of her weakness and too much "cuteness", so I would also like to see more scenes with Erina than with Megumi in coming chapters.

PS. I didn't mention that Erina is (sorry for the coloquialism) hot chick and Megumi is more like cute little girl.

PS2. Alice is also great female character. She's cute and pretty. I may actually like her more than Erina, but she also (like Megumi) is less-likely to have any deeper relationship with Soma.
reVnmMar 16, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 10, 2017 5:44 PM
Jul 2017
Since I've caught up and am waiting for season 3, I want my 2 cents in.

I voted for Megumi because she's the type of girl that I want in real life. And, yes, Season 1 affected my preference as well. However, looking at how the Anime has gone she and Soma has relegated each other somewhere between the Friend and Bestfriend Zone. I don't think their relationship will go deeper than that.

It's kind of the same with Erina. I'm seeing her relationship with Soma as the "Akira Toya vs. Hikaru Shindo" rivalry type. Although, I think she will take the cake in terms of romance with Soma.

Here's what. We already have a preview of what these two girls would look like: Soma's childhood friend and Nikumi. And I don't appreciate their characters that much. Being too shy and timid ruins her character. And a tsun girl like Nikumi became less exciting when she went dere mode.

Seeing Erina being a full-blown tsun (except for others) makes me appreciate her even more. And if ever she will go into dere mode, I do want that to be on the later part of the story. Maybe at least Soma will become the worthy rival, (no matter how much her character annoys me at the moment). I still like Megumi better, but Erina fits the romance story-line better.

But here's what's bugging me most of all: Yukihira's character.
I have a gut feeling that falling in love will ruin Yukihira's character. So even if I have my vote on Soma-Erina (story-wise), I don't think I want the guy having romantic feelings anytime soon.
Jul 26, 2017 8:25 AM
Jul 2017
Simply, mostly main boy characters in many shounen manga and anime i've been read, they're not too sensitive about girls. So i think their best partner if heroine exist is tsundere girl. I like their developments and chemistry when the story running. And the best thing is when they make a funny momment and dramatic momment. And now many anime and manga fans even editor want the tsundere girl exist in the story. Because without tsundere girl, editor even don't know how to make good story with good chemistry.
Sep 2, 2017 8:29 PM
Sep 2017
For me, Megumi is better for Souma so I voted her. I know the true heroine is Erina, Of course she will end up with Souma. I love Erina, but I really love Megumi than Erina. I love chemistry between Souma and Megumi. Megumi is pure innocent, kind and warm heart. I think Mangaka has decided to ship Souma x Erina and Takumi x Megumi.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Today, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.