Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 12, 2015 10:15 PM

Apr 2013
I hate the innocent archetype.

So I'm going for Erina. I don't like tsunderes (unless they are done right, aka Eris Greyrat) but I hate innocent archetypes more.
Aug 13, 2015 2:05 AM

May 2011
I see Erina as a giant Tsuntsun tree waiting to be chopped down by the power of deredere
Aug 24, 2015 12:17 PM
Aug 2015
Erina was introduced much sooner, plus there's that line in episode two of the anime that seems to seal Soma's fate as getting with Erina, as it immediately follows with an Erina POV. However, many people resent that line, and Megumi seems to be more canon in following episodes, with more screen time and development. I personally want him to end up with Erina. Anyone can see she's only acting superior, just like a certain carrot skinned meat master. Sue me, I like stereotypes. On that note, I like girls with longer hair, and Erina beats Megumi in that regard. every time I watch Erina with Soma, then I think to myself, GET TOGETHAR ALREADY. Also, my favorite part in the anime so far is when Erina is overheard by Soma humming in the bath. Soma is so oblivious, which always happens in animes. Sasuke from Naruto, Kirito from SAO, and Soma from Food Wars. I probably sounded like a stereotypical anime nerd just then, with my high praise. What can I say? I love stereotypes like that.
Sep 3, 2015 5:25 AM
Jul 2014
Megumi win in this poll...
Sep 3, 2015 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
Meguimi because lesser of two evils.
Sep 17, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2013
Megumi Megumi Megumi.

Sep 25, 2015 3:35 PM

May 2012
Erina-sama is bae.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 29, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 2015
Erina is sexy. Her attitude is what makes her even better imo, seems like she'd be rough in bed. Megumi is literally hinata from naruto. EW.
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."
Sep 29, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
Anyone but Erina. And by anyone I mean Megumi.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 29, 2015 7:54 PM
Apr 2015
Of course megumi, she is cute, innocent, want to do everything for someone's she loved and she always supported souma everytime!
Oct 3, 2015 8:58 PM
Oct 2015
I love Megumi because she's always there for Souma. And Erina has been nothing but a bitch in the manga. I haven't watched the anime but I lean more into the manga. And I love innocent types that can kick your ass and way braver than anyone! Specially Hinata.
Oct 3, 2015 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Innocent archetypes for me. I honestly feel like Megumi is better though since she's there to support Souma, while still having those cooking skills~
Oct 4, 2015 8:02 PM
Oct 2015
Megumi<3 she is so sweet and cute 💕💕💕
Oct 6, 2015 4:30 AM
Oct 2015
Truth be told, at first glance I actually preferred Megumi for Souma. Their relationship is anything that includes respect and care to it. Megumi got the courage from Souma and Souma continuously got the support from Megumi.

As for Erina, I totally feel bad about her past and all, and I would really want Souma to help her if he truly is the only one that can. But seriously, this doesn't mean that they are already meant for each other! Erina could be just like those other girls that Souma helped but was set on the backgroud like Nikumi and Souma's childhood friend. (Sorry I forgot her name)

All in all, SouMegu for me!
Oct 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
4 episodes in, Megumi is best girl. Erina is just a bitch.
Oct 14, 2015 8:13 PM
May 2015
MegumiXSouma!!! I think she is kinda shy and not very strong but I think that's pretty human of her. And I think their relationship is cuter and healthier than Erina's tsundereness. I feel like it might not happen because Erina was shown first but I hope it does :)
Oct 18, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:

15 episodes in, still Megumi.
I hope Erina gets run over by a train.
Oct 18, 2015 12:35 PM
Jul 2015
It really all comes down to what type of girl you prefer. If you like the shy types, Megumi is for you. But if you like the rough/tsundere types, Erina is for you.
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."
Oct 20, 2015 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
Megumi ofc.

Erina is your typical annoying and shitty tsundere.
Oct 20, 2015 5:30 AM

Sep 2014
I choose Megumi.

I actually thought Erina is more of himedere than tsundere. Am I wrong?
Oct 21, 2015 6:19 AM

Dec 2014
Erina.... she is obviously the one with which Souma will end. I mean, his father told him that the secret of becoming a great chief'' is finding a woman to which you will want to give your everything as a cook''... Erina is the ''God Tongue'', and Souma is the dude who will beat his father (the man that Erina admire the most as a cook). ''God Tongue'' + ''God Cooking'' = destined waifu and hasbondu. Megumi is more like a little sister, or the childhood friend that never wins....

Erina is simply awsome, and she will develop as a character in future...
Oct 23, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina
Oct 25, 2015 3:51 AM
Apr 2014
Definitely Erina by far! She's awesome and proud and dignified. Honestly I hate the type of girls who are shy and meek, I much rather prefer the cool types like Erina! Plus I love how tsun she is with Souma, shouldn't they be so cute together?
Everytime I see them...ah, there's soooo much chemistry and potential between them!!!
Megumi is just the plain innocent and annoying type...
Oct 25, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
mdsalman35 said:
Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina Erina
#CHEXIT
Oct 25, 2015 5:04 PM
Jul 2015
o0ANIMEIST0o said:
Definitely Erina by far! She's awesome and proud and dignified. Honestly I hate the type of girls who are shy and meek, I much rather prefer the cool types like Erina! Plus I love how tsun she is with Souma, shouldn't they be so cute together?
Everytime I see them...ah, there's soooo much chemistry and potential between them!!!
Megumi is just the plain innocent and annoying type...

YES, I ABSOLUTELY AGREE

"It Happens."
Oct 27, 2015 5:22 AM

Jan 2012
Im an Erina fan

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 30, 2015 4:43 AM
Oct 2009
Megumi by a landslide. She's a better fit for Souma, they balance each other out well. With Erina I feel they wouldn't really see eye to eye on many things, they will constantly argue with each other and would too busy trying to out do each other that they'll get nowhere. Megumi has also spend the most time with Souma and understands him probably the most out of all the characters besides his father obviously.

Do you guys really see Erina settling down with Souma in Souma's Yukihira small restaurant? Don't think so, both have far different ideals in what they would want to do in their post graduation and what type of business they would prefer to run, while with Megumi she would be fine settling down with Souma helping out in Yukihira restaurant.
Nov 1, 2015 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
Coming from a guy who usually doesn't favor tsunderes, I much prefer Erina to end up with Souma. If Souma really wants to surpass his father, he's going have to find the right woman that he would cook for the rest of his life. I honestly can't see Megumi being that "woman" for Souma who would push to his cooking skills to the limit since she already likes his cooking. Erina, however, fits that criteria because of her "god tongue". Additionally, one of Souma's major goal is make Erina admit that his food is "delicious" even if it means exhausting his cooking abilities despite her refusal to accept his cooking.

So yeah, I like Erina better than Megumi. With Erina potentially being the woman for Souma, he would be able to vastly improve his cooking skills and one day beat his father. Plus, the chemistry and character interactions between those two are just so fun and exciting to watch.

Credit to Hihanteki
Nov 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
mayukachan said:

Finished the show.
I still have the same opinion, tbh.
Nov 11, 2015 1:08 PM
Jul 2015
mayukachan said:
mayukachan said:

Finished the show.

Read the manga, with how it's progressing you MIGHT change your opinion ;)

Then again Erina is really for the people who like tsunderes. Megumi is more for people who like the scared, soft type of girls. Really depends on personal preference.

"It Happens."
Nov 16, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2013
mayukachan said:
mayukachan said:

Finished the show.

Read the manga boi! There's a reason why Erina is ranked 2nd most popular character of the show. If season 2 comes out, you'll see a lot more Erina than Megumi
Nov 16, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
Only thing Erina beats Megumi is the amount of doujins she has...I tried to like her a lot but i couldnt...Alice,Megumi and Nikumi are much more likeable
Nov 16, 2015 11:52 PM
Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
Only thing Erina beats Megumi is the amount of doujins she has...I tried to like her a lot but i couldnt...Alice,Megumi and Nikumi are much more likeable

Not too sure if this should be a spoiler but better safe than sorry.

Nov 18, 2015 11:51 AM
Mar 2015
Erina is a huge cunt!! Megumi for sure.
Nov 25, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2010
Megumi for me. I like Erina too (before any questions, yes, I am reading the manga) but I just don't see anything great about her. Megumi is my favorite character so the vote goes for her. I prefer her type over Erina's type, but not only that, I also find Megumi's development still more interesting. I feel really sorry for Erina's backstory, but I still can't like her that much, I find her one of the less interesting characters, even if I do like her.
Nov 25, 2015 1:14 PM
Mar 2015
1. Alice best girl
2. I slightly prefer erina over megumi. both are great though.
Nov 26, 2015 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
BeatStriker said:
mayukachan said:

Finished the show.

Read the manga boi! There's a reason why Erina is ranked 2nd most popular character of the show. If season 2 comes out, you'll see a lot more Erina than Megumi

Reading the manga, don't like erina that much. I think megumi has fair screentime too and better.
Nov 26, 2015 10:12 AM
Nov 2015
I really want it to be Megumi. They get along pretty well. And I like how her homeliness balances out Soumas crazy cooking ideas.
Dec 9, 2015 3:49 PM
Aug 2009
I don't get the Erina love at all.
She basically nearly stopped the whole thing from happening just because of her pride.
A a professional chef my ass.

Note that i only watched the show so if she would actually act like a pro later on i might come back to this.
Dec 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2007
I like Erina. I really don't like characters like Megumi.
Dec 10, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2015
I'm gonna go with Megumi, kind, innocent,cute who doesn't love that kind of character but still Alice best grill
Jan 5, 2016 9:16 AM
May 2015
Even if Erina gains all the tongues the unverse could produce... I'll still go with Megumi.
Yes Souma's father said "Meet a woman who you'll devote your cooking to" but I think he doesn't mean to find a woman who will soon acknowledge his cooking skills and can help him improve but a woman who can inspire his cooking, achieve contentment to settle down and make him happy doing so.
I can see that lady in Megumi, they inspire one another and because Erina will just go tsundere every time she tastes Souma's cooking if they end up its too op, it would be annoying.
Jan 5, 2016 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
This poll missing some of other girls, like, for example, Nakiri Alice and Ikumi Mito. But from that 2, I will pick Megumi, because character development is a thing.
Jan 25, 2016 1:40 PM
Dec 2013
May i ask why Erina isnt innocent? Her type is the one that becomes the most likeable after breaking through a certain point. They are also the one who is the most effectionate!
Jan 25, 2016 1:42 PM
Dec 2013
JTLouie said:
Erina is sexy. Her attitude is what makes her even better imo, seems like she'd be rough in bed. Megumi is literally hinata from naruto. EW.
Not really, her type is the meek one. At least most tsunderes tend to be like that because they dont want to show others their soft sides.
Jan 28, 2016 7:41 AM
Dec 2015
Megumi FTW! Megum best waifu ever!
Jan 28, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2015
Megumi because anyone is better than Erina .

She's just a bitch .

True best grill is either Nikumi or Alice .

The rest of them suck ass .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 28, 2016 8:25 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not a huge fan of Erina just because there's not much more to her than being a food elitist (though admittedly the alternative girls don't have much depth either). Megumi is easy to root for and is likeable, but Alice is definitely my favorite, and I hope she gets more screentime in the second season.
Apr 7, 2016 6:08 PM
Apr 2016
I prefer Erina than Megumi. Of course it is not simpatica, but we can say it is the fault of her parents who left her like that. So I'm hoping Souma have a relationship with Erina
Apr 27, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
Who would ever like a snobbish bitch?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.