Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 1, 2015 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
War is coming :D from the looks of things, you have a better chance to get a chick as a vampire than a human :P
May 1, 2015 5:32 AM

May 2012
Btw, if someone wanted to hear and watch the promotional video of the Opening and Ending. It is out

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/owarinoseraph.anime/videos/1050263655003090/
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
May 1, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2013
zilch16 said:
Btw, if someone wanted to hear and watch the promotional video of the Opening and Ending. It is out

Here is the link:

Both songs are good even after their parts in OP/ED. Can't wait for the full songs and the actual lyrics for them. :)

May 1, 2015 6:43 AM

May 2012
EasyGo-er said:
zilch16 said:

Here is the link:

Both songs are good even after their parts in OP/ED. Can't wait for the full songs and the actual lyrics for them. :)

And surprisingly, their parts that we're not included in the op and ed are more attractive for me. LOL
May 1, 2015 10:20 AM
Apr 2015
The funny thing about this show is that it doesn't really needs vampires. I feel like they only exist as "something" for the humans to vent their anger out on. And this kind of shows in how "one dimensional" the vampires are compared to humans.
May 1, 2015 3:07 PM
Nov 2012
I'm not really feeling this after 4 episodes so this'll probably be a drop for me but I did wonder something while watching this episode.

Why was Shinoa in the training class that leads up to the gear selection/assignment test? Doesn't she already have demon gear and isn't she already a in the military?
May 1, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2014
I don't have problems with cliches but this is ridiculous. The characters don't make it better and their interactions are pathetic because it's mostly shit talking or bashing

Regardless of how cliche he is now Yuu is relevant to the plot and receives the most growth later on in the story. Mikaela is good as well. Their relationship is the only thing keeping me here. Tired of Loli vampires. Shinoa is still considered best girl when she literally does jack shit and talks crap 24/7. A poor man's Holo. But most females in the series are meh to terrible anyway and she gets worse in the manga. The upcoming female is horrible as well. And like someone stated the vampires have little roles so far but that's for a reason
May 2, 2015 2:18 AM

Apr 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
The upcoming female is horrible as well.

Please tell me its not going to be a tsundere.
May 2, 2015 6:06 AM

Feb 2012
The queen's VA is so good!
May 2, 2015 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
I'm liking the new guy, he's way better than the male MC. Even though it was slow again this week, it was definitely better than last time.

I'm looking forward to the war though.
May 2, 2015 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
KuroYaksha said:
Chouninatte said:

'I'm not homophobic, buuut...'

'I'm not racist, buuut...'

'No homo, but...'

I sense a common theme here.

Funny, because I love Gon's and Killua's relationship. This one is just being horribly written, like Naruto and Sasuke. I feel no connection between Mika and Yu. It feels like a emo love story and it's lame. If Yu was a girl, it would at least make things more interesting. Simple as that. I don't care if I come off as a homohobe, I'm not changing my mind. It's poorly written

'There's no connection'
'If Yu was a girl it'd be more interesting'

So Yu being female suddenly means there's a connection? Or do you mean that suddenly you don't have to be afraid of anything that threatens your sexuality?

I don't think it's poorly written, it's actually really deep, especially when Yu talks to Shihou about taking care of family. Opinions will be opinions.
May 2, 2015 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
Of course the loli vampire is the queen.

Shinoa is still the best.
May 3, 2015 3:33 AM

Dec 2013
Looks at discussion and sees:
1/2 people hating it
1/2 loving it
1/2 of the haters hate it cause they don't like MC or say it has bland characters OR hate it cause the vampire leader is a loli
The other 1/2 say wither the pacing is slow or the story sucks OR it's an AOT rip off... (Haven't seen THAT as much a little lately though)
and then theres that one guy saying he hates it because he's "not homophobic" BUT cringes and wants MC girl cause MC and Mika have a close friendship/relationship/bromance/FAMILY!!!

:)
May 3, 2015 10:36 AM

Aug 2009
Krul Tepes's voice. <3
Definitely getting Vampire Bund vibes from her.
May 5, 2015 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
This show would have been a lot better if they hired a competent script writer.

It honestly comes across as somebody's fan fiction.

I think the purple hair girl is my favorite character so far. She's the only one who has a personality, besides maybe the long haired gay vampire guy.
May 5, 2015 11:40 PM

May 2012
Red_Keys said:
This show would have been a lot better if they hired a competent script writer.

It honestly comes across as somebody's fan fiction.

I think the purple hair girl is my favorite character so far. She's the only one who has a personality, besides maybe the long haired gay vampire guy.

How can you even tell that this is written like a fan fic. It's like your insulting the author since the anime is just faithfully following it. And saying that if only they had a competent script writer, your more like underestimating the whole studio. How can't they hired a competent script writer if they even able to hired such great seiyuus and composer?
May 6, 2015 1:50 AM

Sep 2012
zilch16 said:
How can you even tell that this is written like a fan fic. It's like your insulting the author since the anime is just faithfully following it.
Ok, then sure, my insult is directed at the person responsible for the script.

zilch16 said:
How can't they hired a competent script writer if they even able to hired such great seiyuus and composer?
Because the script is garbage.
May 6, 2015 2:25 AM

Feb 2013
Seriously though, why are Japanese Vampire Queens always Lolis???

Was there version Bram Stoker written by a Pedophile or something??
May 7, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2013
Yuu knows how to talk some sense into telephone pole.
Queen Krul is pretty cool. Too bad she declared war on humanity.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 8, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2015
oh god not this shit again.
another a fucking loli bitch! k bye.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2015 8:56 PM
Apr 2014
That's a nice pole.
Well, pole's sister got saved.
May 9, 2015 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
Orulyon said:
Olem said:

Was also wondering why Krul's VA sounded familiar. Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund. lol Now she's voicing another ruler of vampires. Pretty funny

And here she is Krul Tepes lol. Also she voiced the Vampire loli leader in Shiki.

Half Life 3 confirmed.
May 9, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
zat-bust said:
Kerozinn said:
ofcourse the vampire queen had to be a loli b*tch...

also very slow and boring episode.

I got the same feeling
May 11, 2015 2:51 PM

Jan 2011
You know, reading through this thread was so much fun it's like I'm in love with MAL again.
Glorious comments, fucking love it.

Really like all the characters so far, just hope it won't be a brainless war. Plot is always good.
Who is wrong, who is right. Psychology when?!

Not sure if all the brilliant quotes below are too much (as in, spammy).
If you think that feel free to bug me to spoiler it, but I think it's not too bad personally.

therandomestguy said:
EasyGo-er said:

Lol.

Another great adaptation from WIT. Sigh, now to wait for another episode...

Lol that was a dick move pairing up with him.

llcruz said:
Loli vampire MasterRace.

HaXXspetten said:
A loli vampire queen who likes to step on her subordinates huh...

Had to bite my hand in order to not start furiously masturbating on the spot

also stuff happened
VanishingKira said:
Hope the loli vampire queen spawns some doujins.

She's already stepping on that one guy's neck might as well step on his dick as well.

Otherwise slow and boring episode as usual.

Hikarusuke said:
Vampire Queen looks like she should be a hentai.

Ragna92 said:
Mika got a kiss from a cute loli vampire? Don't know whether he was lucky or unlucky but he fulfilled every man's dream xD

Shadowsnake777 said:
Looks at discussion and sees:
1/2 people hating it
1/2 loving it
1/2 of the haters hate it cause they don't like MC or say it has bland characters OR hate it cause the vampire leader is a loli
The other 1/2 say wither the pacing is slow or the story sucks OR it's an AOT rip off... (Haven't seen THAT as much a little lately though)
and then theres that one guy saying he hates it because he's "not homophobic" BUT cringes and wants MC girl cause MC and Mika have a close friendship/relationship/bromance/FAMILY!!!

:)

Monad said:
Orulyon said:

And here she is Krul Tepes lol. Also she voiced the Vampire loli leader in Shiki.

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Everything above just... 10/10 A+
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 12, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
I would not reject the episode, only that in the first four episodes, one that I did not notice is the involvement. Today I felt forced into the narrative and dialogue, except that of girl who acts as observer, was not "matching". From the graphical point of view, I have no complaints; the WIT Sudio is doing a decent job, but the rest I do not like yet. I hope that as soon as possible, may be a thing of the past, this assessment.

The character of Krul, reminds me a bit Alucard character seen in BlazBlue.
May 14, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode!

Shinoa that sneaky bitch when she picked Yoichi as her partner lmao.

The new guy seems okay, I'm not a fan of his personality but he has good intentions to help his sister.

I'm so glad that it looks like Mika isn't a bad guy, I thought he was gonna become evil or something lol... can't wait for him & Yu to meet again.
May 16, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
The question is, why are all the girls in this show lolis?
May 16, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
Love Krul alteady!
Jun 16, 2015 12:49 AM

Jun 2014
"You're seriously annoying"

My thoughts summed up nicely.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 2, 2015 9:38 AM

May 2012
Great backstory and main story development! Really getting good. Let's see what's next!
Jul 23, 2015 4:44 AM

Nov 2009
I seriously want to know what the Seraph actually is, it seems dangerous from whats been mentioned so far.
Also this is the first show in a while where I have loved both the OP and the ED which is a another huge plus to this show for me.
Jul 25, 2015 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
This is getting more and more interesting. So the new character Shihou appeared. He's pretty cool and of course he get along well with Yuu lol. Shinoas face when Yuu had to pick a partner haha so good.

So Shihous sister is ill and she's the reason he want to get in the army. I don't know what exactly the seraph is, but I hope they will explain this in the next episodes.

Nice that we saw how Mika survived. He got the blood from the vampire queen in an interesting way. :o

And lol at Guren, totally chilled in one moment and at the other he kicked Yuu and Shihou through the classroom :D

Aug 23, 2015 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
Liking Mika much better than asshole Yuu, who just annoys me.
Sep 3, 2015 3:10 AM
May 2012
skudoops said:
Ctsu said:
did I miss where they explained why his sister couldn't be treated for the virus?
>human population was decimated
>weird virus is going around
>military is keeping some(or all?) treatments off limits to civilians
military = evil?

or is it about the costs?
if so then holy shit that's retarded.

I suppose it's a matter of limited supplies, but the anime doesn't portray that properly at all.

Exactly! So, they won't take his sister cause her brother isn't in the Army. What the fuck is that =_=
Also, did she just said that they will wipe out the humans, when they need their fucking blood =_=
Oct 2, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
Somehow, this wasn't as bad as I expected.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like Yuu and this pink haired guy are gonna be a pretty dynamic duo, they have similar motivations after all. The watcher girl who's name I still haven't remembered continues to be a solid/funny character too.
Feb 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
Why did Krul refer to the Mika and the others as her Seraphs? What had she been doing with their curse and why? What exactly is the curse if not the disease in the catastrophe in the first episode? Why were her actions something that would be disapproved by the Progenitor Council? Why are Krul and Ferid at odds? What is the Seraph of the End?

Guren found Yuu due to a prophecy. If Seraphs are humans or particular group of humans, then is the Seraph of the End a person, possibly Yuu?

Of course Mikaela has plans to betray the vampires, and Ferid appears to be possibly looking forward to pulling some strings against both sides. It would certainly make things even more interesting if that were the case.
Mar 19, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
This anime so lacking in everything.

I have never watched something and though, "Wow... Why are the background characters so dead?" That is weird right?

The atmosphere feels extremely dull and lackluster.

The character interactions feel fake and forced.

This is supposed to be a apocalyptic world, yet I feel no tension at all.
Apr 28, 2016 12:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
They stress the importance of friendships and teamwork yet they already decide to jump in and do the darn exam.

And yes, some of us do not like this anime because of plot that we've seen in countless other animes...is that not a good enough reason to not like it?
Apr 29, 2016 10:11 AM
Mar 2016
KuroYaksha said:
It was a "meh" episode. At least it wasn't bad like the others. I still have some complaints though..

The Vampire Queen being a loli is just, ugh.. Seriously, when you think of Vampire Queens you think of someone scary and badass looking, not a damn loli. Terrible character design.

Yu still being an ignorant asshole, no shocker there.. Yu, the wimpy kid, and the Vampire Queen are the only characters I truly dislike so far. Everyone else is okay, but only one character is GREAT.. Guren! That guy is such a badass. I also find it funny that the guy with the glasses got more character development in this episode than Yu did in the whole entire series so far. That's very sad.

Now my biggest complaint... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why didn't they just make Yu a girl? I'm not homophobic, but the bromance (Especially in the opening) with Mika is cringe worthy. Yu being a female would at least make things less weird and lame.

You do realize that you uttered the same line as homophobes ? "It's not like I'm a homophobic or something but...". You said it yourself that their relationship is a bromance, which is not sexual in nature. Why does everything have to be sexualized ? Get your mind out of the gutter. If you don't get the feeling between Mika and Yuu, then what else can I say ? Deal with it or if you think that you are insecure about your sexual orientation, stop watching.
Apr 29, 2016 10:18 AM
Mar 2016
Candeloro said:
KuroYaksha said:
It was a "meh" episode. At least it wasn't bad like the others. I still have some complaints though..

The Vampire Queen being a loli is just, ugh.. Seriously, when you think of Vampire Queens you think of someone scary and badass looking, not a damn loli. Terrible character design.

Yu still being an ignorant asshole, no shocker there.. Yu, the wimpy kid, and the Vampire Queen are the only characters I truly dislike so far. Everyone else is okay, but only one character is GREAT.. Guren! That guy is such a badass. I also find it funny that the guy with the glasses got more character development in this episode than Yu did in the whole entire series so far. That's very sad.

Now my biggest complaint... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why didn't they just make Yu a girl? I'm not homophobic, but the bromance (Especially in the opening) with Mika is cringe worthy. Yu being a female would at least make things less weird and lame.

You're a homophobe. I love Yuu and Mika's relationship. It's so cute. As a gay man I love that there's a more male cast than female cast.
If you want to watch an anime with more girls, go look for something else. Like the millions of other anime out there that literally only have girls in them.

Exactly, pal. That person even utter the cliche line: "It's not like I'm a homophobe or something but...".
Apr 29, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 2016
KuroYaksha said:
Chouninatte said:

'I'm not homophobic, buuut...'

'I'm not racist, buuut...'

'No homo, but...'

I sense a common theme here.

Funny, because I love Gon's and Killua's relationship. This one is just being horribly written, like Naruto and Sasuke. I feel no connection between Mika and Yu. It feels like a emo love story and it's lame. If Yu was a girl, it would at least make things more interesting. Simple as that. I don't care if I come off as a homohobe, I'm not changing my mind. It's poorly written

You don't have to change your closeted mind, for all I care. Just don't be a disgusting hypocrite, saying that "I'm not a homophobe but...." At least acknowledge that you're a homophobe. Even those that blatantly acknowledge their homophobia are better than you who's in denial.
May 25, 2016 2:21 PM

May 2013
Yu is too hasty for power and doesn't listen to anyone. I guess that just gives room for his character development, but it does get annoying when he charges straight ahead into things without a plan or awareness >.>
Jun 7, 2016 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
Alright episode so far. Next time we get into the Cursed Gear!!
Jun 19, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
Krul is. . . interesting. Animation is bad, though.
Jun 25, 2016 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
Oh snap. Mika getting the pussy...cat thrown at him after saving that girl. She's a keeper.

LMAO at Mika on the floor dying and these 2 vampires talking and fighting for the longest like Mika don't need saving.

lol at loli vampire making Mika think he had a choice.

Telephone pole. lol

Cute instructor girl appears(to be exact, reappear. She has more screentime this episode.).
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 3, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like Mika was not brainwashed. But he wants to rescue Yuichi? So what he thinks the humans are the bad guys now? Also the leader of the vampires is a loli.. But maybe that's for the best because if she's a voluptuous milf I might start rooting for them instead lol

One thing I like about Yuichi and probably the new pink haired kid is that they both like working alone. Damn how much I relate to them when they were told to pair up and they can't find anyone. As an irregular college student, when the professor says "ok form a group for this project" holy shit right then I know I'm fucked.

Poor Mika, Yuichi has found a new best buddy to play swordfights with.
Sep 6, 2016 7:25 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That is one cute vampire queen!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 9, 2017 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Shinoa continues to be the highlight of the show. Aside from her snarky comments, most of the dialogue is standard fare and brings nothing to the table beyond simply driving the plot forward, as if going through a checklist. I'm not asking the dialogue to be less on-the-nose, as this show is super campy by nature. I just wish it were more interesting.

I have the same issue with Shihou and Krul Tepes: neither of them are interesting, or over-the-top enough to be fun. Aoi Yuuki is a pleasure to listen to as always, but her skills can only take a dull character so far.

Shihou's sister drama is possibly even worse than what we got with Yuu's family, as it's simply boring. Yuu and Shihou's interactions suffer as the two have little chemistry. Switching from physical violence and constant pissing contests to a begrudging respect because "muh sister" doesn't exactly make for a fun dynamic by itself. I hope this will improve later, as well.

There weren't any visual standout moments this time, but the soundtrack is still very catchy and full of swagger. And Mika is still the same innocent cinnamon roll, which is kind of dumb because turning should change a person a little more, but screw it, he's adorable.
LeeTailorApr 9, 2017 4:45 PM
Jun 29, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
the vampire queen is cute

yuu gives me eren jaeger vibes lol

now where's my mikayuu reunion at
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.