Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Do you feel like Attack on Titan is over rated or do you think it deserves the praise it gets?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2015 9:10 AM
Jan 2010
A lot of people new to anime started watching SnK and loved it. That just means that not only are more people exposed to SnK but generally to anime as well, especially in North America, which I personally view as a good thing. Now whether these fans want to deviate from SnK and explore other anime is a separate issue.

But honestly, there are some really shitty anime out there, and whether you like it or not, SnK HAS quality AND flaws, but I personally think its quality outweighs its flaws. Or maybe my expectations are just too low, I don't know. I think its beautifully animated fight scenes and of course its first episode got people into it and lets face it, many anime don't have these two factors.
Apr 24, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
I actually liked it. I don't see the hate
Apr 24, 2015 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
It's overhyped but it's better then some others.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 26, 2015 12:55 AM

Apr 2015
I believe it deserves the praise it gets. It's a well written and nicely animated series. Does it have its flaws? Of course. The characters especially. But I still think it's that great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
I think everything that is popular deserves it otherwise it wouldn't be so popular. And Attack On Titan had very much going for it so sure I think it deserves the praise. =)
Apr 26, 2015 1:36 AM

Jun 2014
Attack on Titan has strong characters - physically and mentally.

Hanji is non-binary, something I haven't yet seen in any other anime.

Armin is shown to still be important even though he's not physically strong; he has a place amongst the Scouts because he's pretty fucking smart.

Mikasa and Annie were two of the strongest characters, outstripping the men.

Superb character growth for everyone, especially Jean.

There are consequences for their actions. Eren chose to trust his comrades and not engage the Female Titan, only to have his comrades die (and he couldn't have foreseen that; it isn't his fault, they begged him to trust them) and even Levi said that nobody can know the outcome of their choices until they're already made. Mikasa's leading the cadets for the supply team only to bail out on them had a massive effect on her, too.

To be honest, AOT deserves the hype.
Apr 26, 2015 1:39 AM

Nov 2011
tarklovishki said:

Armin is shown to still be important even though he's not physically strong; he has a place amongst the Scouts because he's pretty fucking smart.

There are consequences for their actions. Eren chose to trust his comrades and not engage the Female Titan, only to have his comrades die (and he couldn't have foreseen that; it isn't his fault, they begged him to trust them) and even Levi said that nobody can know the outcome of their choices until they're already made. Mikasa's leading the cadets for the supply team only to bail out on them had a massive effect on her, too.

Tbh no it doesn't you just haven't seen enough anime (or at least the right anime).
Apr 26, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
tarklovishki said:

Tbh no it doesn't you just haven't seen enough anime (or at least the right anime).

Please, oh wise one, tell me what the "right" anime is. I was under the belief that anime is anime, mass produced to entertain viewers. There is no right or wrong anime; if someone enjoys something, good for them, and same goes if they hate. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.

Honestly, it's that kind of attitude that sickens me. People are so quick to put down others' taste in anime because it's different from their own. I may not have seen much anime so far, but for the ones I have seen I wouldn't dare go ahead and tell people they were watching the wrong anime because my favourites are not their favourites, or because they haven't watched them yet.

And if you were to tell me about anime deserves the hype, I bet that there'd be several on that list that already had their fame and are now more than a couple years old.
Apr 26, 2015 2:16 AM

May 2014
the story so far is DECENT which is hardly something i can say about some popular battle shounen.
the adaptation is extremely well don, art, animation, pacing, OSTs and overall execution.
it even managed to get a certain moral msg across which some battle shounen fail (or doesn't even try ) to do so thats also a PLUS.
the story and development of the main cast is somewhat generic, but its still well executed.
but i have to admit the series does use some cheap props to deliver certain "feels".
^my 2 cents.

the rest is your choice.
Apr 27, 2015 4:07 AM
Jan 2010
tarklovishki said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Please, oh wise one, tell me what the "right" anime is. I was under the belief that anime is anime, mass produced to entertain viewers. There is no right or wrong anime; if someone enjoys something, good for them, and same goes if they hate. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.

Honestly, it's that kind of attitude that sickens me. People are so quick to put down others' taste in anime because it's different from their own. I may not have seen much anime so far, but for the ones I have seen I wouldn't dare go ahead and tell people they were watching the wrong anime because my favourites are not their favourites, or because they haven't watched them yet.

And if you were to tell me about anime deserves the hype, I bet that there'd be several on that list that already had their fame and are now more than a couple years old.

Exactly. If you go through different genres like action, there's good action anime and there's shitty action anime, it depends if the anime is doing it right.
May 4, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
It's a very thrilling anime to watch. I'd say it's worth the praise it gets.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.