Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 30, 2017 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
Hestia is bae!!!!!!
Apr 2, 2017 10:27 PM
Nov 2015
woots i almost punch the computer ! why dont you just give the knife lololol
Apr 3, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
DayDreamer20 said:
woots i almost punch the computer ! why dont you just give the knife lololol

read the many explanations about it in the threads (post #221 for example)? Giving him the knife without updating his status wouldn't have changed a thing.
Jun 8, 2017 5:55 PM

Jun 2015
Took her long enough to give him the damn knife.
Aug 13, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2013
That guy at the end is so mean to the redhead girl D:< she should just join the Hestia Familia .-. I bet that's gonna happen lol

This anime is just okay. They rely too much on fanservice prolly bc they know it's not that great of a series and it also drags things on way too much *le sigh* Hestia had plenty of chances to give Bell the knife but whuttevs.
Nov 9, 2017 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
"I fell in love."
"She must be teasing me."
WHY ARE YOU SO DENSE, BELL! LOL

This was an enjoyable episode. The music surprised me; it was really good! I never listened to Kenji Inai's work before besides Btooom, which I watched a really long time ago.

I'm ready to meet the loli with the giant backpack next episode :D
Dec 25, 2017 11:56 PM

Feb 2010
Oh my goodness hestia is so sweet. She's great. Why don't you love her bell?! She's beautiful and so kind haha.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 24, 2018 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
what a goddess & he falls for some random pretty chick he meets in a dungeon, i know u can't control to who u fall for, but that's just lame, cause how can u not fall for some1 who's next to u & always supports u & shows her love for u like that, he needs to get hes head out of hes ass so he can see that real treasure has always been next to him & still is :)

like they say if it shine it doesn't mean its Gold, but right new he thinks that this shiny thing is Gold, but real Gold has been next to him & still is

OFC its anime logic cause author whats it like that, dumb author making him so dumb lol

don't get me wrong, not complaining about the anime & nothing against Ais :)

to bad she wont win (i know she wont its like anime rule person closest to MC always looses, so its pointless to ship Bell x Hestia) cause Bell x Hestia was just sold to me in this EP, i mean this EP made me want to see Hestia to win, reality is so cruel sometimes
Ando said:
"I fell in love."
"She must be teasing me."
WHY ARE YOU SO DENSE, BELL! LOL

This was an enjoyable episode. The music surprised me; it was really good! I never listened to Kenji Inai's work before besides Btooom, which I watched a really long time ago.

I'm ready to meet the loli with the giant backpack next episode :D

IKR

DUB was bit different, in dub she said i so the fight & i liked what i so & he said she must be messing with me

seem this time sub translation was better, i don't mean which is more accurate i mean which gives better impact, which shows more emotions & feeling & this time sub did better job at it
Sugram22Jan 24, 2018 9:29 AM
May 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Feb 2015
Best episode so far, the action was great and animation ver good. I thought that this would be more of adventure than action but sometimes these things go together.
Nov 20, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2018
Not bad so far! Pretty good animations and a lot of waifu potential!
Dec 28, 2018 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
i can see why people like hestia, but so far the anime itself is average
Mar 31, 2019 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode, the new Hestia Blade is fucking noice
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 30, 2019 1:31 AM

Apr 2014
-The sentimental moments would have been better saved for after the fight, and she took her sweet time before updating Bell's stats so that he could use the knife lol.

-How sweet :3 Hestia confessed already. She and Bell have quite a chemistry, and it makes sense because both of them were isolated rejects. People rejected him for his lack of adventuring skills, and people rejected her for what may have been her lack of ability. It's interesting that their relationship started with her choosing him after no one else would. Metaphorically, she willingly reached into the trash in order to salvage something. It does provide an extra layer to her jealousy though, as not merely is it just her losing out on love, but possibly also a reflection of how useless she may be perceiving herself. I could be reading too much into it, but whatever.

-I am curious though as to how old Hestia really is though, and for some reason I'm curious as to whether or not she's had previous intimate companions who have long passed away.

-Tbh the first episode and a half were rather garbage. This episode was a good improvement.
ZeroDragonJun 30, 2019 1:36 AM
Aug 4, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2019
Hestia > Wallenwhatsit. Agree the sentimental moment timing was weird/narm lol.
Oct 15, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2017
Godness, Godness, Godness, Godness. Stop xDDDDD.

Bell is so innocent lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 28, 2020 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
I'm loving Syr, Ais, and the other girls much more than Hestia, though I don't actually dislike her. She's just too clingy.

Cool awakening of Bell's weapon, but the pre-fight buildup dragged a bit.
Sep 12, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
the knife weapon will get stronger the more he gets stronger too eh thats cool

and Hestia is still best girl again
Sep 20, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2016
Really great episode but, I think the reason Bell doesn't see Hestia romantically is because he respects her a whole lot and she is a Goddess which is pretty understandable thinking.

Knowing that I wouldn't mind if Bell and Hestia don't end up together as long as they support each other. But, Hestia is still Bestia though.

Honestly I can see why a lot of women like Bell, he seems like a good and likeable person.
Sep 28, 2020 6:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bell past, and the reason of why he became an adventurer. Others familia just a mere batshit, that gave him an underestimated look. Such a classic setup, to be honestly, together with the event after that. Yeah, fortunately, he found out the busty loli kami sama Who is willingly to accommodate and gave Bell a place to thrive.

About the knife. Its actually had a pretty useful ability on it that works well on Bell's skill. However, the way of it that need to get synchronized first to be activated, kinda slow them a bit. Fortunately, the current stat was enough to slay that Silverback monster, completely. They almost couldn't made it! So, yeah, he got their first acknowledged from the community, i believed. And somehow, it may led him into another turn of table for their nearest future development.

Yeah, the result was not so long to gave him a fortune cookie. He even got two confession already. Then, what about his respond? Welp, such a typical MC. So, its just ended up with nothing. Ah well, its okay. On to the next episode, then. Because this episode kinda intrigueing me to see their next journey, and yeah, more girls coming up to the Bell's side, i believed!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
Episode a little too boring, because of the little manfrina that lasted ten minutes at the beginning and at the end of the episode. The narrative has a twist only during the clash between the protagonist and the enemy, and the ending with the cliffhanger. Drawings and animations are excellent, to leave you amazed.
Sep 1, 2021 4:20 PM
May 2020
When bell said “goddess” at near the end of the episode it sounded like lee saying “guy sensei”
Oct 16, 2021 8:04 PM

Jul 2021
Eh, Don't think this anime is for me really. It might be beacuse it's late, but I'm really having trouble focusing on this. It's just kinda boring. Still gonna finish it though
Aug 18, 2022 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
Lol ok so... Bell used all of his time and energy for Hestia to escape and she came back again. Why didn't she give him the knife in the first place? I know i'ts anime and has to make more ''epic entrance and speech'' but to me it's less believable and makes their actions stupid. Realistically, when Hestia returned to give the knife, Bell would have been dead already. People say that anime is refreshing but so far it's predicable as night and day. And honestly seeing girl obsessed with one character in the show is too dimensional for me so Hestia is the least interesting character.
Oct 22, 2022 7:01 PM
Jul 2021
Sound design is incredible so far. That fight has already hit me in the feels and its only ep 3 aha
May 29, 2023 8:31 AM

Oct 2019
A better episode than the first two. Bell leveled up again!
I wonder what Freya's endgame is; chaos for chaos' sake probably, and/or to have fun because she is bored.
I also suspect she is secretly using her divine powers...
Jul 1, 2023 10:25 AM
Nov 2022
Cada vez que Bell se fortalezca el cuchillo también se va a fortalecer y mas con su habilidad ese cuchillo le cae exacto.
TeemplarioJul 1, 2023 1:10 PM
Jul 14, 2023 4:28 PM
Jan 2023
Definitely much better than the first two episodes, the animation for the fight scene was pretty good, and that knife is a pretty awesome weapon, looks like we'll be seeing more of what it can do soon.
Can't wait to see more fight scenes just like this, I hope J.C.Staff kept it up for the rest of the season.
Aug 9, 2023 7:55 PM
Oct 2021
"and then everyone clapped"

thats a really cool knife though
Dec 5, 2023 7:10 PM

Nov 2023
We see some of Bell's skills
Dec 26, 2023 7:54 PM
Nov 2015
Episode 3: THEME OF DETERMINATION.

I'm always a sucker for those moments lol. Gets me fired up.
Feb 7, 4:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Scenes where a character first wields a weapon forged specifically for them are the best. I wonder if Bell will actually grow along with his new knife and maybe continue to use it throughout all these seasons.

Not that we're asking for anything to make perfect sense in an anime like this, but, it was kind of laughable to see Bell thinking it was the end of the line for him. I'm sure there are plenty of adventurers around who could've easily dealt with what was just a big ape. Maybe it was because he was panicking, but why'd he choose to isolate himself in daedelus street or whatever? Trying to minimize casualties? Probably could've done so by running TOWARD help rather than AWAY from it. Anyway, again, not worth thinking about it too much, just some food for thought. Not that much thought will be occurring here but you know.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 18, 11:12 AM
May 2022
he only started as an adventurer a month ago, but she keeps saying she was depending on him for a long time lol.. this is from a goddess who has been alive from who knows how long
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Oct 2018
Feels like they could have adjusted the pacing better between the previous episode and this one. With how much the script stalled them updating the stats, any sense of danger or tension of the monkey attacking was completely gone.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.