Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, it looks like she got her kiss on the lips with the wedding. The forehead kiss was priceless though. Finale felt kinda rushed but it looks like the couple got everything planned in the future lol

2 kids huh? Sounds legit.
Apr 14, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
Waaah T.T I can die now! I loved this manga soooo much! Can't believe it's over :|
Shimana was so cute in that dress and Landlord in the suit Kyaaa :D
I was so excited while reading and then KABOOOOM (^o^)/ all the feelings just exploded... And how embarrassing was it for the two to sleep together..lol..so pure :)

Good ending! I would like to see some extras when they have children :D

Apr 14, 2015 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
So sad that it's over ; u ;
But atleast it had a perfect ending!!

Oh shoujo manga, so pure. Married and can't even sleep together XDD

Now i want an anime adaption!
Apr 16, 2015 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
Hm let's see. I really enjoyed this during the initial and midway chapters. Afterwards it became a pain to go through with the female lead's indecisiveness. And then stomping on the best character (obviously Zen) like a tsundere punching bag was the final straw.

I do, however, like the bits of development for the landlord mixed in with the formulaic setup it followed in the end chapters. Bumping it up to a 4 -> 5/10. Final score, hey the name drop was cool.
May 11, 2015 9:04 PM
Jan 2015
bellow average series, good ending

not worth the time to read It
Jul 24, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2013
Roth said:
Hm let's see. I really enjoyed this during the initial and midway chapters. Afterwards it became a pain to go through with the female lead's indecisiveness. And then stomping on the best character (obviously Zen) like a tsundere punching bag was the final straw.

I'm heavily inclined to disagree here. Shimana knew who she loved/wanted to be with and maintained that decision throughout the majority of the manga. The "indecisiveness" you speak of can't really be attributed to her imo. It was always Taiga or some other 3rd party trying to push Shimana and Taiga apart that this apparent indecisiveness came from.

As i said previously, she decided on Taiga from fairly early in the manga and stuck with it. The only people getting Zen's hopes up were he himself, and Taiga, or another party altogether.

On a slightly different note, there were a ton of other things in this manga that set me off. Mostly all of which are related to Taiga's father.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 26, 2016 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, I'm really conflicted between a 7 and an 8 for this series. It's kind of a mess in all honestly. From the start, the show jumps between characters and backstories and subplots like no tomorrow without a clear direction. Even near the end, the direction is still not there. The whole evil father subplot was a waste of time and just another way to add conflict into the story. The drama seemed redundant.

With that being said, the characters were actually done pretty well especially Zen, and Asahi. Firstly, Zen. I've never see this kind of delinquent character fleshed out so well in any shoujo love triangle and so I was really impressed. He wasn't just a simple minded delinquent but he was so sentimental, refreshing and realistic. Just really amazing. I'm really glad he found love at the end with best girl Saeko. And with Asahi, he's also a rare speciman! He's the nice pretty boy but he actually means what he says. He loves people platonically, both males and females and deeply cares about his friends without any ulterior motives. The way he treats Shimana can really mislead her maiden heart but I found it rather interesting how he can care so much for a random girl but not be in love with her.

The romance between the main couple was also a pro. I don't really like Taiga honestly. If anything, he is my least favourite out of the main trio. But he and Shimana definitely have chemistry and their development was really well paced and executed for sure. He also has an interesting personality definitely.

A few more things. This Mangaka excels at comedy but not so much at drama. I felt like she should have made this a simple love comedy like Oremono or Ookami Shoujo rather than a coming of age romance. Near the end, when all of the characters were fully fleshed out and introduced, the comedy was really well done.

I also really want to check out the voice which has Suzumura Kenichi voicing Zen, which is the perfect match up in history.

7/10, would not reread but I had a good time.
Feb 29, 2016 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
Started off pretty good, felt dragged during the Shimana x Taiyou conflict, (the writing is not as compelling as it was) (and it took up about half the length of the entire series) and it ended well.

I ship Shimana x Taiyou the most in the series, but the author failed to make the relationship as charismatic as it could be. Instead it fell back to the cliche annoying route of "Go to Zen, he will make you happy" or "Landlord you idiot! You don't like me and you like sensei", constant back and forth. Shimana also gave up way too easily sometimes, keep saying that she'll give up on her feelings for the landlord, and the landlord most of the time (not until near the end) didn't bother to persuade her.

I am not a fan of how the author writes her romance story. There's a problem with the dialogue too. I cringe every time when someone profess their love for each other, what they said is pretty much a summary of the entire manga development up to that point, for example:
"Why about him do you like?" / "What about me do you like?"
"Even though you look like you didn't care, you actually hear me out. You're always paying attention to me and try to help me whenever you could. You cheer me up when I am down, and you stayed by my side when I am depressed. I love how caring you are." *while showing flashback of events that happened*
Am I the only one to find this sort of thing cringeworthy?

The comedy also isn't as funny as it was.

Another problem that does not directly correlate to the writing of the manga is the Zen fans. They are so irrational and extremely bias when it comes to Zen. Some of the things I heard from the Zen fans,

"Zen is the only guy who loves Shimana for who she is, and not because she put on make up and dressed up" - Proven to be wrong, he fell in love with her after she dressed up.

"Zen is great and Shimana should be with him because Zen is willing to put down his feelings for Shimana as long as she is happy" - Proven to be wrong. He became like that later on in the series, but he wasn't like that for a huge chunk of the story. He was pestering Shimana, pressuring her, and ask her to give up on her love. Also, even though this is a manga, a lot of things he did could be considered sexual harassment, just putting that out there. Imagine if he wasn't cute looking, and imagine if someone like him does what he did to you, wouldn't that be annoying and creepy?

Edit: "Why would Shimana falls in love with Asahi? What's so good about him?!!" - Blind hate, Asahi is kind, loving, and pretty much a chill dude. Zen was just childish at the beginning. It's only cute when you read about him in a manga.

Not only that, a lot of Zen fans unnecessarily hate on Taiyou and Asahi because Shimana loves/loved them, oh and they hate on Shimana because she doesn't reciprocate Zen's feelings. I am not kidding here, they straight out bash her. At Taiyou / Asahi's lowest moments, they did not feel sympathy for them, but when Zen got his heart broken, they went crazy with "Poor Zen" comment.

That said, I like Zen too, it's not like I hate him, but his fans.. ugh, one of the worst fanbase I've came across lately.

The romance between Taiyou and Shimana is quite awkward to be honest, especially after I read Hitsuji no Namida. The couple there feels more natural.

This series, (rating)
Potential wise - 9
Mid-way through - 8
Ended up being - 7 (Had a lot of potential but fell apart)
ToG25thBaamFeb 29, 2016 11:47 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 11, 2016 3:21 PM

May 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
I am not a fan of how the author writes her romance story. There's a problem with the dialogue too. I cringe every time when someone profess their love for each other, what they said is pretty much a summary of the entire manga development up to that point, for example:
"Why about him do you like?" / "What about me do you like?"
"Even though you look like you didn't care, you actually hear me out. You're always paying attention to me and try to help me whenever you could. You cheer me up when I am down, and you stayed by my side when I am depressed. I love how caring you are." *while showing flashback of events that happened*
Am I the only one to find this sort of thing cringeworthy?

Edit: "Why would Shimana falls in love with Asahi? What's so good about him?!!" - Blind hate, Asahi is kind, loving, and pretty much a chill dude. Zen was just childish at the beginning. It's only cute when you read about him in a manga.

The romance between Taiyou and Shimana is quite awkward to be honest.

+1

Actually, it took me a while to finish this manga because the story is not captivating. The characters are not interesting and leave a lot of questions.
Is it normal at all that Shimana decided to run away from home and that her father accepted it in the end? Why did Shimana fall in love with Asahi so rashly and so rashly fall out of love with him? That seemed pretty shallow. Why did Shimana and Zen kiss by the river? Why did Fujiwara Taiga start “dating” Shimana? What was that with his relationship with his father?
Oh, I do not know. But this story was not deep for me, nor was it true to life. Especially speaking of the way the four of them lived together. Besides, I felt no chemistry between the two main characters; it felt more like a sister and an elder brother relationship.
Apr 16, 2017 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
Along through the whole serie I'd got so many things to say... but in the end I just feel like Takano-sensei has made a great job by keeping me into her story from the beginning to this end. For me that's really a big deal because I don't read manga. Rarely though.

Yep, I've expend almost of time hating the Landlord and Shimana, reading only because of Zen and get suffering with him (I would never liked for so long such indifferent person as Shimana was for him. I know isn't her fault about Zen's obsession but being so "whatever" throught his efforts always really pissed me off). Somehow the drama were so well executed that I couldn't take my eyes off, it has a real entertaiment potencial and I'm actually satisfied with this end in overall.

Now I understand better the main couple, they deserve each other and that's a criticism. lol and Zen got his nice end. I only felt sorry for Asahi because he was such great character but so out of focus. :(

I saw potencial for an animation. This didn't happened but it would be very nice. Currently inspired to watch orange because of author.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Taiyou Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

1 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 16, 2023 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Taiyou Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

2 by OnigirisBasket »»
Dec 30, 2022 10:35 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Taiyou Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

1 by Ilovemendaily »»
Jun 3, 2020 1:23 PM

» I just want to know one thing. Shimana ends up with Taiga, Zen or Asahi?

AyanDrako - May 8, 2017

3 by PandaKitteh »»
Dec 29, 2017 7:57 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Taiyou Chapter 28 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Sep 27, 2013

1 by Deskachan »»
Feb 20, 2016 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.