Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2015 8:25 AM
Mar 2011
icirate said:
Zergneedsfood said:
By the way, to repeat what I have said over and over again on deaf ears, there are plenty of Eastern texts that are incredibly influential. In fact, in Harold Bloom's conception of what he believes is the Western canon, he includes the Hebrew Bible (I think), The Epic of Gilgamesh, and various different sanskrit texts that were incredibly important to the defining of the canon.

That is not up for debate. There are plenty of important Eastern texts, as I've stated over and over again. What is up for debate is this notion that Eastern literature has somehow impacted the world on a greater scale than a world that is primarily Euro-centric. For better or for worse, that is just objectively untrue, and making up a hypothetical to suggest how it could be true had certain historical events not happened is just devoid of any intellectual merit.

<3

ghoullovesharem said:
So akira must be a literature ouvrage

No, it's a well animated fulfillment of a teenage fantasy.

give me otomo over Mayer any any of the week
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 19, 2015 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
ghoullovesharem said:
So akira must be a literature ouvrage

No, it's a well animated fulfillment of a teenage fantasy.[/quote]

no, its much more deeper. it doesnt only talk about that. its basically a represention of the japanese society and issues of the past and the represailles
Apr 20, 2015 1:17 AM

Oct 2013
Is this some sort of advanced shitposting?
Apr 20, 2015 5:38 AM
Sep 2007
So, we're comparing 2 genre of books that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother from a historic point of view?

Let me contribute:
The other year I was cooking a tire while a paper clip shipped a medieval destiny of ravioli.
This sentence makes as much sense as this whole thread.
Apr 20, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
Classic Literature is considered superior because they were revolutionizing and unique in their own time. They gave many ideas to later writers. They were inspirational.
While mangas are just the same ideas used over-and-over. Even if they are unique in their own way, they are still built on someone else's ideas.
Apr 20, 2015 8:05 AM

Sep 2013
Szefi said:
Classic Literature is considered superior because they were revolutionizing and unique in their own time. They gave many ideas to later writers. They were inspirational.
While mangas are just the same ideas used over-and-over. Even if they are unique in their own way, they are still built on someone else's ideas.

Classic literature was also built on someone else's ideas but they obviously won't be known anymore what it was based on, you think they just wrote it down out of nothing?
By your standard then classic literature doesn't exist cause no writer write without inspiration, except if you you apply bias, stop the bias please.
And what about the manga that have started those cliches? aren't they classic literature then to have influenced everybody? and what about the amount of works that have taken from CL over and over again? why aren't you bashing them? why are CL the only ones getting a free pass? or how about the manga that have influence internationally? no? yeah because manga can't be anything more than some childish stupid Japanese fiction right? stop your bias please.
Apr 20, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2011
Szefi said:

So classic literature is great because other things copied them, whilst manga is not because... err... other things copied them.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

16 by kihel »»
3 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

25 by cody »»
3 hours ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Today, 8:38 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5931 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:26 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

7 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.