Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 8, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
And just like that some random sissy boy civilian was let into an elite vampire slaying company because 3 people made a connection for 30 minutes. Could this show sell its campy friendship is magic themes any harder?

It's not all bad, but I am on the verge of giving this the Valvrave treatment and laughing my way through.
Feb 25, 2016 10:34 PM

Apr 2014
Shinoa's sass and relaxed attitude brought some good balance to Yuu who still retained his short-temper. The scene in his thoughts where he saw his friends leave him was a touching metaphor for how much they had weighed heavily on his heart all of this time and now he is finally able to move on.

I was under the impression that Moon Demon Company was an elite group, but apparently being able to barely survive against a vampire was sufficient enough to accept him in. Is that supposed to be indicative of the capabilities of the military to fight off vampires (that 99% of them wouldn't be able to last that long against them on a one-on-one fight), or does Yuu possess a particular hidden ability or potential that the Moon Demon Company intends on unlocking/exploiting by allowing him to fight alongside them? I'm also curious as to how his new friend was allowed in despite not even making it in the military. Are they permitting it for the purposes of keeping Yuu's emotions in check better?

Loved the OP, but the ED was meh.
Mar 18, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
Why in the hell is he living a school life in an apocalyptic world?

Yoichi = Armin...

Also fight scenes were weird with all the pauses. Like playing pokemon and everyone gets a chance to attack.
Apr 2, 2016 3:49 PM
Aug 2012
This
What happened to the tone and setting? School life in a post apocalyptic world? What the fuck? Shit is retarded. I'll let it slide if they get away from the school setting next episode. It just did not fit at all, not even a little bit.

and this
School? Magic power???? Battle shonen? This is not what i had in mind last week wow!

I watched many series, and this will be probably the first one that i will really drop. This show had potencial after first episode, but they turned it into typical average shouen with addition of friendship power...

I give it one more try, because of best girl. Hiiragi is only thing that make this school episode watchable.
Apr 25, 2016 10:18 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
As long as we have friends and the drive to kill vampires, nothing will stand in our way!!!
May 1, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2015
Takes entrance exam to get into Japanese Imperial Demon Army, fails.

Tackles rogue vampire to save classmate from being bitten, gets an invite to an elite Vampire Extermination Unit known as Moon Demon Company. Seems legit :)

Been putting this one on hold for quite awhile but I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Thumbs up for me.
May 24, 2016 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Wow. Two episodes is all I needed from this show. "Hey, what of we ripped off Attack on Titan, minus the good writing and poignant character development that made it good, then shoehorn vampires into for no particular reason, sprinkled with a little bit of Full Metal Alchemist just to ensure its unoriginality?" Yeah, I had to see what the hubbub was all about, clearly not impressed. Dropped and moving on.
May 25, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2013
If Yu needs a cursed weapon to defeat vampires, it's obvious that the noble vamp and his brother will be back in the future-- most likely as a vampire too.
May 27, 2016 3:02 PM
Mar 2015
This episode was really nice! One thing I have to say though:

Looks like the animators went to the "Irregular" school of CGI civilians..
Jun 18, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
I didn't like the OP but the ED was awesome. I'm liking Shinoa.
Jun 24, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
Yuu held his own against the vampire.

Still recovering from Akane's death. I can only hope that a new waifu on the level of Akane enters the story soon. That girl on the table looked cute AF so I hope it's her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 3, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
That's a lot of kids considering only 1/10 of the world population remains. Also what happened to the dark and post-apocalyptic setting? What's next gonna turn this into SoL? But anyway I'm still kinda interested in this show and I'm really impressed with the osts as well as the opening and ending songs. Don't like the watercolor sketchy background art though.
Aug 18, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2013
yuu survives after being thrown out of a 3 story window with a vampire on top of him but gets knocked out after his friend accidentally loses his balance and falls on him

that vampire can suck my blood any day though
Sep 5, 2016 11:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I like this! good!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 27, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
I seriously love this anime so far
Dec 18, 2016 8:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
this second episode loss intensity!!! :(
Apr 9, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, I gave this a four because Shinoa is a national treasure and I'm only human. And yet, though I've never read the manga, I don't expect this show to give her proper development. I guess I'm just cynical like that.

So there was a lot more action in this episode, and I guess those scenes were okay, but something was missing. It's not a question of framerate or fluidity, rather, I was having trouble following the action with my mind, both during the fight with the horseman and the vampire. Probably the director's fault.

The other members of that elite group had pretty boring designs. Guren is hot, though.

The opening is full of flashy action cuts, but I'm not sure there's much more substance in it. At least the song is catchy.

The school setting is dumb, but I knew it was coming, so it doesn't sting as much.
LeeTailorApr 9, 2017 12:31 PM
Nov 20, 2017 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
So 1/10th of the population is still alive and I guess the vampires made the whole "If you're 13 you're dead" thing up to keep the kids near them since they're easily manipulated.

Not fond of the high school theme, I hope they don't keep that for the entire season.
Sep 11, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
It was great to take a step back and let it sink in. School setting where everything appears normal but it isn't. And the characters introduced, everything about this series can be loved.
Nov 23, 2018 2:22 AM
Jun 2017
It'd be better if the ED and OP didn't make certain plot points obvious.
Feb 16, 2019 3:26 PM
Feb 2019
*Yoichi comes and throws himself at Yuu*
Guren: "Who's that?"
Shinoa: "His friend, apparently. Or lover."

BEST MOMENTS
Mar 26, 2019 10:28 PM

Nov 2013
That OP tho; the Yuu x Mika ship is real.

Not sure how I feel about the school setting. I miss the vampire city from the first episode.

Shinoa is an interesting character. I've heard how popular she is so I hope to see more of her.

Yuu's fight with the vampire was pretty great; nice fight choreography.

Yoichi seems pretty cute though he's definitely gay (that glomp).

Pretty good episode. I don't like the protagonist; he seems like a blatant Eren clone. Hopefully Mika will be back soon since I liked him a lot more.

7.5/10

Jan 15, 2020 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
this show took a sharp nosedive this episode
Mar 18, 2020 4:07 AM
Dec 2019
OP was dope thou and interested in story of hiragi and Yuu
Aug 16, 2020 11:00 PM
Oct 2019
Really enjoying this. Kind of funny. Kind of sad. Kind of fun (action, etc). I'm entertained thus far.

That flashback to start the show threw me off since that wasn't exactly how it happened in the first episode (Mika being killed by the camp). But maybe every "dream" he had about his original family is slightly different, even if they all die each time?

I understand everyone's apprehension about some wimpy kid being annoyed into the elite vamp killing squad. But... I also think you can view it as: 1) How many people have actually seen and fought against a vamp, let alone attack one without even having a weapon? 2) After acknowledging that, it doesn't sound so wimpy anymore.

Cute loli vamp, btw.
Nov 11, 2020 9:01 PM
Feb 2020
Mich666 said:
School setting? Ice-cream? 'We don't want you till you find friend?' What the fuck is wrong with this post-apo setting?

If the world population was reduced to 1/10 they would have A LOT helluva different problems. Like weak agriculture, problems with logistic, insufficiency of medicaments, lacking food industry, whole economics crumbling down, and so on.

Those may be details for some but for me it's one big hole in logic that makes this series crumble from inside. Without solid foundations you simply can't built solid plot.

Then there are characters - MC with his 'I want to kill vampires' attitude is the worst. Shinoa is being so captain obvious all the time. Saotome is Armin-like crybaby.

And those fights are really cringeworthy when MC or his enemy are talking and showing each other their backs with enemies obediently wait for their turn... really? o_O

This show is literally running by the same pattern as SnK. And I had enough.

I dropped it (let me check) at 5:49 into the episode.

High School Setting....

The fight in ep 1 was bad enough with The Lord Vampire with super speed and enhanced strength helpfully standing completely still to take a bullet to the head.

MC is a Moron. I was expecting an episode about their life, food, where they dwell, etc.

Not a high school anime.
Mar 12, 2021 5:33 AM

Jun 2020
Wow that ED ♡______♡

I REALLY like the art & the voice cast is amazing!!!!! The fight scene was great & I really liked the character interactions, the humour is not forced either & actually made me laugh. Yuuichirou’s reactions to Shinoa were funny lol

I like this already! Hope the world-building would be better introduced from here on.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 2:52 AM
Apr 2021
Underrated show. Great animation
Sep 5, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2019
shin megami tensei where
Oct 28, 2021 9:00 AM

Jan 2021
For a moment there when Yoichi came in to help him, I thought the point of this anime was that he would lose a friend to a vampire every episode.
Jan 7, 2022 12:50 AM
Sep 2020
The trio is formed (ᵔ◡ᵔ)
May 14, 2022 10:16 AM
Nov 2020
why are those girls sitting in the hallways while a vampire is rampaging around the school.... i hope they dont think this is twilight shit kinda story XD
Sep 2, 2022 3:53 PM

Mar 2019
Shinoa and Guren are definitely my favorites so far. Nothing big is going to happen for now.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 6, 2022 5:37 PM
Jul 2017
Good action, quick intro to the cast. Moving along nicely.
Oct 10, 2022 6:23 PM
Feb 2022
Good story set-up
Dec 8, 2022 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
bro i don't know why I voted with a 2 on the poll back then... maybe it's cause I'm drunk right now but honestly this episode is still fire. maybe it's coz I know how the series develops and tolerate the sloppiness of a second episode but it's not as bad as I rated it. ahh sweet nostalgia i love this anime...
Jun 20, 2023 8:03 PM
Jun 2023
Cool episode uwu 👍
Jun 28, 2023 3:32 AM

Dec 2022
Shinoa is very cute, and her teasing acts a nice foil to the MCs constant brooding.

Not sure how the bullied kid got into the Moon Demon Company. He doesn't seem too competent against fighting vampires.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 4, 2023 7:41 AM
Aug 2022
Seriously da fack! Arent we rebelling against vampires and recruiting an army? What are we doing at school making friends?

And the mc sucks!
i-loathe-sasukeNov 4, 2023 7:46 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.