MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Which anime/manga to add/remove in our anime/manga list?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Beautiful Romance »» Which anime/manga to add/remove in our anime/manga list?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
03-25-08, 9:46 PM

I just noticed that the post I made on 3/17 about Trouble Love Attack! not being a valid entry hasn't yet been taken care of. I'm pretty sure you don't want this BL manga in the list for this club! It should be Junai Tokkou Taichou! (aka Love Attack!).

03-25-08, 9:57 PM

If finding good manga is difficult because there are so many, maybe we should concentrate on the longer series? and maybe some shorter ones if they are outstanding. It's also hard to include those that are currently publishing unless they have at least a few volumes published. For instance, currently popular shoujo manga include Vampire Knight, and Gentlemen's Alliance Cross which have love triangles (quadrangles, pentagons?) as major parts of the plot and relatively little (maybe none, even) comedy, but who can say where they will end up? (neither one are even finished in Japanese). I have started many series but I have no idea where a lot of them are going although they look like romance to me.

But I think we can add: I Hate You More Than Anyone by Banri Hidaka--mainly because she has apparently written many series about members of the same family and how they all fall in love. So probably most things written by that author fit the criteria. There's a new series about a different girl but I think it's along the same lines: VBRose

Modified by animedreamer, 03-25-08, 10:03 PM

03-26-08, 11:30 AM

amcsi said:
Kirjath: and saying romance/comedy makes me want to not add those anime. This club is kind of a haven for people who don't like it when they trash their "would be loved" romance anime with "funny trash" ;)

Huh. Comedy trashes your romances? I'm sorry to hear that. I'll refrain from making further suggestions then...

Such is life...

03-26-08, 12:32 PM

I'm sorry, Kirjath, but it pretty much does. There are exceptable limits though.
Of course just because they add too much comedy in an anime with a romantic storyline doesn't make it bad as an anime (Love Hina, for instance, I think is a very good anime), but it does make it bad as a romance anime (for me). But this is what this club is about.

03-26-08, 3:23 PM

Alright. Comedy makes bad romance. I shall agree to disagree with you (respectfully). The only other experience I've got with romance in anime/manga is pretty much just shoujo, so I think it's about time I went back to reading some manga and waiting for the April season to start. Perhaps there'll be some good romance series that have (finally) been turned into anime.

Such is life...

03-26-08, 5:06 PM

Let's just name pure romance anime as 'melodrama' (or 'drama romances', cos most of them are dramas) and those with a lot of humour as 'romance comedies'. Like normal movies :)

03-26-08, 9:32 PM

Wikipedia says: The word "melodrama" is a portmanteau word, formed by combining the words "melody" (from the Greek "melōidía", meaning "song") and "drama". Thus, in melodrama, music is used to increase the spectator's emotional response or to suggest character types. While this use of music is nearly ubiquitous in modern film, in a melodrama these musical cues will be used within a fairly rigid structure, and the characterizations will accordingly be somewhat one-dimensional: Heroes are unambiguously good, villains unambiguously bad, and musical cues upon entrance of either will be unambiguous in signalling these facts to the audience. In other words, a melodrama tends to be a formulaic production, with a clearly constructed world of connotations: a villain poses a threat, the hero escapes the threat (or rescues the heroine) and there is (generally) a happy ending.

I don't think melodrama is a good word.

03-27-08, 2:23 AM

Hmm in polish it means something a bit different ;) OK lets just stick with drama romances.

04-07-08, 9:27 PM

yall should put myselfl;yourself (i didnt see it if it is there)

04-08-08, 4:11 AM

New series, looks pretty standard: Itazura no Kiss, only 1 ep. so far but not especially comedic.
By the way, when we use the word melodrama, we aren't referring only to the strictest definition of the word. We are saying that something is melodramatic, or contains melodrama--usually we mean something like, cliched, overexaggerated, overacted, over-emotional, etc.

04-08-08, 4:03 PM

animedreamer said:
New series, looks pretty standard: Itazura no Kiss, only 1 ep. so far but not especially comedic.
By the way, when we use the word melodrama, we aren't referring only to the strictest definition of the word. We are saying that something is melodramatic, or contains melodrama--usually we mean something like, cliched, overexaggerated, overacted, over-emotional, etc.

Way to early to put that in the list. Besides, there is romance in it yet, none, the only thing there was, was a little lust in the begaining.

04-08-08, 8:47 PM

yeah... but a new series with romance? must watch! If it proves to be serious in the beginning, I could add it to the club list really soon^^

04-24-08, 9:35 AM

Please add Nana, Ouran High School Host Club, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Peach Girl, Honey and Clover, and Paradise Kiss. These are some of the greatest anime romances ever!

04-25-08, 12:02 AM

As much as I heard from Honey and Clover, Ouran High School Host Club and Nana, they don't have much romance in them.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge... I dunno. Does it really pass, do you think? I haven't seen it
Peach Girl I haven't seen, but looking at descriptions, it sounds really good, and I've seen Paradise Kiss episodes, and yes, that passes^^

05-06-08, 1:51 AM

amcsi said:
As much as I heard from Honey and Clover, Ouran High School Host Club and Nana, they don't have much romance in them.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge... I dunno. Does it really pass, do you think? I haven't seen it
Peach Girl I haven't seen, but looking at descriptions, it sounds really good, and I've seen Paradise Kiss episodes, and yes, that passes^^

Actually when you watch Nana its the different type of romance. It's from a very realistic point of view. Not the type of romance that you can find in most romantic animes which mostly seem too good to be true.

Oh sorry for suddenly joining the conversation.. *^^* Im a noob here. Please take care of me!~

05-06-08, 6:10 PM

I've noticed that you have Kanon up there but not Clannad. True, Clannad does have comedy, but there is a growing relationship between the two main characters (Okasaki and Nagisa).

05-06-08, 8:11 PM

There are growing relationships in many anime, but not all can join the list.
I've seen Clannad and there wasn't too much romance in it. Kanon I added because they told me there's a lot of romance in it, but if you say it's mostly like Clannad, I might remove it from the list. Of course I'm open to opinions.

05-11-08, 5:06 PM

Well, since I just joined this club, I guess this'll be my first post ^^
Anyways, I think I've found another homeland, since I try to hunt down any anime with a shred of romance in it XD (except anime's that I find poorly animated, that's my pet peeve T_T)
On to the anime:

D.N.Angel (Only seen it about 2 years ago, so I'm not sure if it passes amcsi's test XD)
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Lamune (just a simple romance)
Myself;Yourself
sola (I'd guess it'd be romance, but it kind of changes afterwards... Give it a chance? XD)
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na

Now, some of these DO have comedy, but I hope they aren't too much x_x

05-11-08, 10:31 PM

Clannad and Kanon have some love moments in last episodes. But I'm sure it's too few to get on the list.

05-12-08, 2:21 AM

Actually, now that Translucent mentioned it, I am a little surprised you don't have Lamune on the list.

Such is life...

Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices