Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 8, 2014 7:21 AM
Jan 2014
Alter_Entity said:
Clannad: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai, Tomoyo-hen should definitely be on the list, the romance in this OVA was vsry strong, especially towards the end.

Also, Elfen Lied should not be under judgement, the 'romance' was between cousins, therefore it was immoral

The other romance made no sense seeing as Lucy murdered his entire family.
Jan 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
I wasn't even considering the romance between Kouta and Yuka, the judgement was based off Kouta and Lucy.
Unfortunately, despite some real quality romance scenes (like when Kouta and Lucy were young), the anime for the most part does not actually have romance between Kouta and Lucy/Nyuu up in the foreground in an obvious enough matter. The fact that everyone knows the two have a thing for each other does not count. Same thing for every other anime with a protagonist's main love interest where the romance isn't one of the main things the anime itself is dealing with.

Jan 8, 2014 7:46 PM
Jan 2014
amcsi said:
I wasn't even considering the romance between Kouta and Yuka, the judgement was based off Kouta and Lucy.
Unfortunately, despite some real quality romance scenes (like when Kouta and Lucy were young), the anime for the most part does not actually have romance between Kouta and Lucy/Nyuu up in the foreground in an obvious enough matter. The fact that everyone knows the two have a thing for each other does not count. Same thing for every other anime with a protagonist's main love interest where the romance isn't one of the main things the anime itself is dealing with.

It just doesn't make any god damn sense. ANY OF THE RELATIONSHIPS IN THAT SHOW. If a girl murdered your immediate family, would you fall in love with her? No, you wouldn't. I would have actually loved their romance had they not made it so that Lucy was the one that murdered his family.
Jan 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate should be added :D
You can't change the world. That's just a lie they tell you to get you to compromise.
Jan 28, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
Hello~ I'd like to suggest the manga Hirunaka no Ryuusei. ^^

I wasn't sure if a highschool comedy/romance shoujo belonged here but there are similar series already in the list (lovecom, tonari no kaibutsu, dengeki daisy) and this one has about the same or even less comedy than those I think... so there ya go.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 29, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2008
Kit said:
Hello~ I'd like to suggest the manga Hirunaka no Ryuusei. ^^

I wasn't sure if a highschool comedy/romance shoujo belonged here but there are similar series already in the list (lovecom, tonari no kaibutsu, dengeki daisy) and this one has about the same or even less comedy than those I think... so there ya go.

Good reasoning.
It shall be added.

Feb 1, 2014 7:50 AM
Jan 2014
I think Ichigo 100% should be added, it has an alright story which I personally enjoyed quite a bit, but there are some down sides to it, still I think it should be added :)
Mar 18, 2014 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
maybe adding Ano Natsu de Matteru? c:
Mar 19, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2008
SnakeDoll3 said:
maybe adding Ano Natsu de Matteru? c:

Hmm, never heard of that one, albeit it does seem promising.

Anyone else have any opinions on the matter?

Mar 30, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
There's one reason why I consider Natsuyuki Rendezvous romantic, and I mean, romantic as in, old school romantic, because while the central conflict itself is away from "beautiful" romance, there's a lot of that "love crosses all borders, even death" sentiment in it, and that makes it romantic in the not-so-modern definition of romantic.

I think it mostly gets into the "not so beautiful" aspects of romance, so I don't know if it should be in the list or not, I mean, I'd rather have a beautiful happy ending just like everyone else, but you know, just throwing it out there, for the fellow romance fans.
Apr 10, 2014 5:16 AM

Jan 2014
Well Ano Natsu de Matteru has alot of romantic senes in the anime so i kinda think it can go to the list! >:3
Apr 30, 2014 11:57 PM
Jan 2014
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as of posting this I do not see the Clannad: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai, Tomoyo-hen OVA in the list, and that is a really beautiful romance anime. I understand why CLANNAD was rejected, but could you add this and CLANNAD: After Story? The later half of After Story is when it really becomes a great romance anime.
May 24, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2007
Musunde Hiraite is a collection of high school love stories much like Hatsukoi Limited, where characters start getting into relationships and with each chapter it weaves another person into the picture.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/18197/Musunde_Hiraite
Jul 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
Taiyou no Ie, absolutely brilliant. :')
http://myanimelist.net/manga/26736/Taiyou_no_Ie
Apr 2, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
What make romance anime "Beautiful" and what criteria for "not Beautiful" romance?
This salad is salty favored
Oct 4, 2016 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
@Esper If by criteria you mean which anime/manga I add to the relations list, it's not tied to how "beautiful" the romance is; that's up for everyone's interpretation and everyone should enjoy everything that they think are beautiful.

I would like it so that anime where a pretty good amount of time is spent actually with the romance between characters.

This tends to include romance dramas most of the time where the core of the story usually revolves around a couple. Romance comedies sometimes get qualified if despite being much more lighthearted, still takes the romantic aspects between the couple seriously. However most romance comedies despite supposedly being about the couple actually deals more with comedy and ecchi where the romance between the couple is in practice more of a side thing.

Jan 20, 2017 5:40 AM
Sep 2013
The Manga "Fuuka" has already been proposed I suppose?
Strange seeing "Kimi no Iru Machi" in the list while "Fuuka" isn't, as they are both from the same author and have the same type of romance
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Recommendation: Looking for specific types of couples

Apasher - Nov 5, 2016

4 by amandamiria »»
Apr 11, 2021 1:40 PM

» i need suggestion

17monkeydluffy - Feb 26, 2014

2 by amandamiria »»
Apr 11, 2021 1:38 PM

» Recomendation Specific Anime!!!

supertitao - Apr 7, 2021

1 by amandamiria »»
Apr 11, 2021 1:36 PM

» Love triangle, MC doesn't chose the obvious boy

Kya_Foxy - Mar 28, 2018

1 by roronoazoro128 »»
Aug 30, 2018 12:51 AM

» Forgot the anime title, plz help me!

Fryz3 - May 9, 2015

9 by Maj93 »»
Dec 27, 2017 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.