Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Mar 30 - Apr 5

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2008
I think that gender split is nice especially that it shows how universal Love Live's appeal is, also notice that Side-M only appears on the female buyer ranking, when that was first announced, I thought the music would at least have some male Otaku appeal similar to Free having a little male appeal to it.

Apr 7, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2014
Glad to see that Amagi is still in the list.
Apr 8, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Hahalollawl said:
Is anyone really suggesting that FSN's sales are not very impressive?

Nobody said that. I merely stated that there is a huge drop in sales when its compared to F/Z.
Apr 8, 2015 3:54 AM

Jan 2014
Ejc said:

Yohimo_asakura said:

Well, if you're comparing the number of disks sold, then yes, it's a huge drop.
However, if you'd compare the amount of money they got, it's around the same amount....

Comparing 1st weeks:
FSN UBW: 33,876 * ¥42,120 = ¥1,427,534,640
Fate/Zero: 42,690 * ¥41,040 = ¥1,751,997,600
Difference: ¥324,462,960

[/spoiler]

Hmm I see, So I was misinformed. On the other hand, As I've heard some people were complaining that UBW box had less extras, if it is true....

We should compare production values too, if we want to compare profits.

Hmm I dont understand something here. So what is the reason they do split cour anime? So it means split cour is unprofitable for creators, right?
Apr 8, 2015 3:57 AM
May 2013
Z4k said:
Hahalollawl said:
Is anyone really suggesting that FSN's sales are not very impressive?

Nobody said that. I merely stated that there is a huge drop in sales when its compared to F/Z.

Not said, suggested. Read carefully. The use of the word "suggesting" was intentional. By considering it a "huge drop" from F/Z, the suggestion is that it was not very impressive because it is less than F/Z. On the other hand, if you wanted to suggest it is very impressive you could compare it to the previous FSN adaptation. Do you see how calling it a "huge drop" suggests a motive behind the comparison (i.e. that it is not impressive)?

I don't even like FSN all that much, but I guess I don't see why it's necessary to emphasize the so called "huge drop" between one of the highest selling shows in recent history to the second highest selling show of 2014. As Ejc suggested, this does not appear to be some highly unusual phenomenon. One might even consider it typical. Maybe you think a "huge drop" is typical...in which case why emphasize it?

But whatever, you can choose to call it a "huge drop" if you want to, and I can choose to not slant it that way.
Apr 8, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 2010
Hahalollawl said:
Is anyone really suggesting that FSN's sales are not very impressive? Seriously? Trying to make 30k+ sales seem low by comparing it to a prequel that aired in 2011/2012?

30k+ is a lot of discs. So what if it didn't sell 50k? Unless someone shows good/legitimate reason to believe otherwise, I don't see why Aniplex/ufotable would be unhappy about an anime that sold 30k+ discs.

Fact: Type-Moon is huge. Fate/Stay is a huge franchise. Fate/Stay 2006 sold 26k despite being pretty terrible. The sales results are not bad but neither are they impressive, think many expected it to do better than that before the series aired. And it more or less confirmed that Urobutcher > Eggplant
Apr 8, 2015 5:36 AM
Mar 2014
Agafin said:
^UBW is more expensive than Zero. There's also the fact that UBW is somewhat a remake which generally means less sales no matter how well received the remake is (see FMA and FMAB).

With that in mind the sales of UBW are just as impressive as Zero's. I don't think the second season will sell as much as the first though, principally because it's a sequel but also because I've read many complains on amazon japan because it supposedly butchered some parts of the VN( like Shirou's character).

Japanese were complaining since the first episode,I mean I saw a comments saying that the only thing that is better in ufotable fate than Deen is the background and they dislike the charachter design and the bgm

Still I think UBW sales are impressive for a sequel(most series suffer from that)
a remake (see FMA ) and an 11 years old source material(see mushishi )
Apr 8, 2015 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:

Hmm I dont understand something here. So what is the reason they do split cour anime? So it means split cour is unprofitable for creators, right?

Split-cour gives them more time to build the hype and keep up the quality of the anime so I don't think it's unprofitable at all. Both F/Z and F/SN are split-cour so I don't know what you're getting at here.

Apr 8, 2015 8:13 AM

Sep 2014
Apr 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for March 30th - April 5th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Blu-ray
*1. 6,625 *6,625 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Vol.2 Limited Edition

Am glad I'm one of the 6625 =w=

Good sales, hopefully more good news to follow!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 8, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Split-cour gives them more time to build the hype and keep up the quality of the anime so I don't think it's unprofitable at all. Both F/Z and F/SN are split-cour so I don't know
what you're getting at here.

he said:
"As I mentioned before, it is evident that it has suffered the standard "sequel drop", as 70~75% of sequels suffer this drop based on past sales data"

I thought so. So i just wanted to make sure what is the trick behind split-cour
Apr 8, 2015 12:43 PM
Jul 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:

I thought so. So i just wanted to make sure what is the trick behind split-cour

1. There is a potential impact on initial buy-in. The otaku fanbase tends to plan short-term, so producers find that they're more likely to buy video discs if 12 episodes are sold first instead of the full 24.

2. This may not apply to F/SN, but generally, producers charge a little more per episode when selling 12 episodes at a time. It's the equivalent of selling 24 episodes across 12 volumes - the higher cost is thought to be a death blow when selling 2-cours at once (Kadokawa Shoten used to flounder whenever they got ambitious with that plan), but it works on a split-cour strategy.

3. Major sequel drop doesn't really apply to split-cour breaks.

As always, improved quality tends to be a secondary consideration. There's also no guarantee that quality will be better since many animators move on to other shows during the break (they may not actually get much extra time in practice, although it somewhat eases the burden on production management).
Apr 15, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
Saenai going strong :D

s2 announcement lets go!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
59 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
2 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
5 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.