Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2015 10:55 AM
Jul 2014
Hi, basically ive been wanting to start my manga collection for a while now, but i live in Slovakia which is a country in europe and we dont have comic book shops here. So i want to buy manga online but dont know any reliable site that is european, or have low shipping cost. I know about bookdepository that ships worldwide for free but i checked reviews and their reputation is not the best. So do you have any recomendations for some reliable sites? Which do not ship from USA? because the shipping cost from usa to europe is outrageous + tax.

Thanks, cant wait to buy some vinland saga and vagabond :))
Apr 6, 2015 3:14 PM
Sep 2007
I live in the Netherlands and I generally ship the manga from the UK through bookdepository.com. They have decent pricing and free shipping world wide.
Apr 21, 2015 1:46 AM

Sep 2013
Amazon normally has some manga and I'm not sure whether you have it over there but I live in the UK and go to a place called Forbidden Planet
Even if everyone calls you a liar, even if you hate yourself, I’ll be on your side. — Yuzuriha Inori, Guilty Crown
Blog/Website : http://FallenContract.com
Pinterest :https://uk.pinterest.com/FallenContract/
My Profile : http://myanimelist.net/profile/ExiledKnightmare
Apr 21, 2015 2:06 AM

Dec 2011
ExiledKnightmare said:
Amazon normally has some manga and I'm not sure whether you have it over there but I live in the UK and go to a place called Forbidden Planet

Forbidden Planet is UK only. Forbidden Planet International also has stores in Ireland and one in New York, but that's not very useful here.

To OP: there are several UK-based book selling websites that offer free shipping throughout Europe - Aphrohead, Book Depository, Wordery, etc.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 21, 2015 11:04 PM

Apr 2009
I've never had any problems with Book Depository before. The wait can be a bit long sometimes, but if you don't mind, then they are definitely a good option. And like others said before, try Amazon.
Apr 23, 2015 3:18 AM

Jul 2014
Ailly said:
I've never had any problems with Book Depository before. The wait can be a bit long sometimes,

It was more than 4 months for me. I thought that the book was lost in the abyss of the post somewhere.
May 14, 2015 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
deadoptimist said:
Ailly said:
I've never had any problems with Book Depository before. The wait can be a bit long sometimes,

It was more than 4 months for me. I thought that the book was lost in the abyss of the post somewhere.

More than 4 months ? I would probably write to them after first month like no earlier.
May 17, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
Tomasz-Sama said:
deadoptimist said:

More than 4 months ? I would probably write to them after first month like no earlier.

That's just how our post works... It is awfully slow in general, and foreign correspondence is slow tenfold, since they check everything in a couple of sorting centers. I'd had many similar experiences before. Actually I haven't gotten anything from abroad in less than two months.
Oh, and also it is mostly useless to try to write complaints.

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

36 by Dotanuki »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
10 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.