MAL's Easter Bunny Strikes Back! Catch the Kitty Kaitou

New
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 10:05 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Ticohaba said:
Still can't find the first one.. Does it work on the mobile site aswell?
You're probably going to need the desktop site to play this. Not all features on the DB pages are on the mobile site, last I checked. The tiny pictures in the picture gallery probably won't really help you find the eggs either.
Apr 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
Uuugh, found the third hint but I don't know what it means.

Apr 5, 2015 10:09 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
trebmeg said:
Uuugh, found the third hint but I don't know what it means.
Google is your friend :)
[s]and also your enemy, but not in this event...[s]
Apr 5, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2007
Welp.. ok. Like I said, we got the second egg, but we still can't find hint 3. Could someone PM me, where we can find it?

thx guys.
SorarinApr 5, 2015 10:27 AM
Apr 5, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
Would somebody be willing to share a hint where I can find the hint after egg #4?
Apr 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
Sorarin said:
Welp.. ok. Like I said, we got the second egg, but we still can't find hint 3. Could someone PM me, where we can find it?
Tacas said:
Would somebody be willing to share a hint where I can find the hint after egg #4?

There's a few of us searchers hanging around the #myanimelist IRC channel and exchanging new info, so I would really recommend you to drop by. Sharing what's known and what not is easier there as well. :)
SubbedApr 5, 2015 10:28 AM
Apr 5, 2015 10:21 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Tacas said:
The hint is visible on each tab of the entry.
Apr 5, 2015 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
I can not find the first egg, my brain is about to explode XD(ok i'm exaggerated :P)

Apr 5, 2015 10:33 AM
Jan 2013
Yaassss

either I'm slowpoking really hard or my brain is rejecting the fact that hint one exists

or I'm totally on the wrong page.
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
BlackBulletPT said:
I can not find the first egg, my brain is about to explode XD(ok i'm exaggerated :P)

The first egg is pretty basic. Go with the hint with the OP and use Google to crack it up for the biggest part. Then check everything on the topic. As said in my post on the first page, don't try to find eggs, but objects with letters in them (which normally wouldn't have letters in them).
Apr 5, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
I don't think my eyes work, I see no second egg
Apr 5, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2014
Subpyro said:
BlackBulletPT said:

The first egg is pretty basic. Go with the hint with the OP and use Google to crack it up for the biggest part. Then check everything on the topic. As said in my post on the first page, don't try to find eggs, but objects with letters in them (which normally wouldn't have letters in them).
Wait so the letter that the object is in matters?
Apr 5, 2015 10:40 AM

Feb 2014
I still can't find first one, even though I think I know the character/anime.
Apr 5, 2015 10:41 AM
Apr 2014
Tried but gave up to quickly. Yeah, I'm a quitter.
If I'm bored I may try later
Apr 5, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, I think I found it

I am so not sure about this ._.

I kinda followed this hint

Subpyro said:

Still looking for it. I found something that's off and sort-of makes a connection with this thread's OP, but see no eggs there.

But once again, Im so not sure about this '-'
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
Before said:
Wait so the letter that the object is in matters?

Yeah. All you need to do is write down the letters that are in objects that, let's say, look a little bit like eggs. Do that in the order expected (where the hints lead you) and you'll come up with a final hint when you put all the letters together. Write the word/sentence that comes up in the end as well as link the correct final destination to the account linked in the OP to complete the event.

All you need to keep your eyes on are letters and hints that forward you to more letters.

Mkim said:
But once again, Im so not sure about this '-'

I'm pretty sure I was right but cannot figure out the sentence that is supposed to be a forwarding hint.
Apr 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
I think I might have got the 2nd one wrong and just found a letter by chance because the letters I have don't really make sense with the first one
Apr 5, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2013
blexx said:
I think I might have got the 2nd one wrong and just found a letter by chance because the letters I have don't really make sense with the first one

If you found a letter by chance and not really directly through a hint, write it down on the side and where you found it. I've done so.

Hint: As in all events in the past, if user profiles effect the event, it's always the staff user profiles, never member user profiles.
Apr 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Let me just confirm this:
In short, each hint leads to a DB entry (anime, manga or character). On each of these pages, there should be a picture somewhere with an egg-like object. In this object we can find a letter of the final solution. On the same entry there is a hint somewhere to the next entry. Is this correct?

Also I'm quite sure I'm on the right entry (probably), but I can't seem to figure out where the hint is. By "out of place" do you mean in the content (unrelated text to the character) or the page (text at an area that usually is blank)?
FriddanApr 5, 2015 11:00 AM
Apr 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Mar 2013
Friddan said:
In short, each hint leads to a DB entry (anime, manga or character).

Not exactly. :p

Friddan said:
On each of these pages, there should be a picture somewhere with an egg-like object.

Yes.

Friddan said:
In this object we can find a letter of the final solution.

In that object there is one letter that contributes towards forming a word/sentence that leads towards the final solution.[/quote]

Friddan said:
On the same entry there is a hint somewhere to the next entry. Is this correct?

Same entry/page, yes, but not necessarily the same tab.

Friddan said:
Also I'm quite sure I'm on the right entry (probably), but I can't seem to figure out where the thing that should be out of place (this is regarding the hint) should be with the content (like a sentence not related to the character) or the page (a random sentence where usually nothing is present).

Everything goes. Scan like a god. :3
Apr 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Could someone give me a hint on finding the second egg? I'm having some troubles :/
Apr 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
Friddan said:
Also I'm quite sure I'm on the right entry (probably), but I can't seem to figure out where the thing that should be out of place (this is regarding the hint) should be with the content (like a sentence not related to the character) or the page (a random sentence where usually nothing is present).
Same here. I found the egg with the letter in it but somehow can't find something out of place in the text
Apr 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
satsukiseyebrows said:
Could someone give me a hint on finding the second egg? I'm having some troubles :/

Likewise. Found the hint, cannot connect to an entry.

Before said:
Friddan said:
Same here. I found the egg with the letter in it but somehow can't find something out of place in the text

This can be quite tedious at times if you're not familiar with the series. That is true and is a bit of a weak-point of the event as not everyone has exactly the same starting knowledge necessary.

Hint: While looking for things that are out of place or seem "off", try looking for connections with this thread's OP as well while doing so.
Apr 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
[quote=Subpyro]
satsukiseyebrows said:

Likewise. Found the hint, cannot connect to an entry.

Frankly I'm not even sure I am even on the right page...
ALSO I clicked on your profile and you and I share a birthday!
Apr 5, 2015 11:04 AM

Nov 2014
Subpyro said:
satsukiseyebrows said:

Likewise. Found the hint, cannot connect to the entry.
Same here.

Before said:
Friddan said:

This can be quite tedious at times if you're not familiar with the series. That is true and is a bit of a weak-point of the event as not everyone has exactly the same starting knowledge necessary.[/quote]I've only read/watched a bit of the series, making it quite hard. There is something which I am quite positive about that is wrong but I just can't figure out what it leads to.
Apr 5, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
satsukiseyebrows said:

Use Google Image Reverse Search and you'll see you're on the right page in a heartbeat. :)

Hint: MAL never accepts fan-made images, only official art (of as high quality as possible).

Before said:
I've only read/watched a bit of the series, making it quite hard. There is something which I am quite positive about that is wrong but I just can't figure out what it leads to.

If this is for the second egg/hint, see the hint above. If you don't know about the series, try to connect with the OP and cut out options that cannot be possible due to various reasons. One is the hint above.
Apr 5, 2015 11:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
If you haven't found the first egg yet:
Ticohaba said:
Mkim said:
Check the manga page for said character.

SgtSarcasm said:
I don't think my eyes work, I see no second egg
Make sure you aren't looking for the second egg on the hint. The hint is a hint to another entry.

blexx said:
All the letters smush together to give a hint. So it may look like some letters don't belong beside each other. Just keep going down the path.

Friddan said:
Let me just confirm this:
In short, each hint leads to a DB entry (anime, manga or character) or staff member's profile. On each of these pages, there should be a picture somewhere with an egg-like object. In this object we can find a letter of the final solution. On the same entry there is a hint somewhere to the next entry. Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct

Friddan said:
Also I'm quite sure I'm on the right entry (probably), but I can't seem to figure out where the hint is. By "out of place" do you mean in the content (unrelated text to the character) or the page (text at an area that usually is blank)?
If you're on the right entry, then you should see the egg. Do you see it? If not, look at the top of this post.
Apr 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Subpyro said:
satsukiseyebrows said:

Use Google Image Reverse Search and you'll see you're on the right page in a heartbeat. :)

Hint: MAL never accepts fan-made images, only official art (of as high quality as possible).
I'm positive I'm on the right page now
Apr 5, 2015 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Kineta said:
Make sure you aren't looking for the second egg on the hint. The hint is a hint to another entry.

Please, do tell more about this.
Apr 5, 2015 11:09 AM
Jan 2013
Yuuups

Now I'm stuck on hint three -3-

And I'm also not even sure if I followed the right path, cause if the letters are with egglike stuff, my first letter is prolly wrong)
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:11 AM
Jan 2013
Kineta said:
If you haven't found the first egg yet:
Ticohaba said:
Mkim said:
Check the manga page for said character.

Well I was totally wrong, how the hell did I got to (insert character here) page then ._.
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Mkim said:
And I'm also not even sure if I followed the right path, cause if the letters are with egglike stuff, my first letter is prolly wrong)

The shape should be that of an ellipse.
Apr 5, 2015 11:13 AM
Jan 2013
Subpyro said:

The shape should be that of an ellipse.

Yeah, I did some crazy reasoning which made me "find a hint that made me jump middle of the secret thingy, I'm maybe on the right track now -3-.
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
If you feel like you're toooooootally off base, you can shoot me a PM here or on IRC and I'll let you know if you've completely been led astray. I'm not sure how much more I can say here without completely giving it away. And I'm getting confused between everyone's problems ^^;
Apr 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
Mkim said:
Yeah, I did some crazy reasoning which made me "find a hint that made me jump middle of the secret thingy, I'm maybe on the right track now -3-.

Yeah, that can happen. Keep it sort of not too overly complex. :p
Apr 5, 2015 11:30 AM
Jan 2013
Subpyro said:
Mkim said:

Yeah, that can happen. Keep it sort of not too overly complex. :p

Yeap, I was extreeeeeeemely off -3-

And I see I derped hard while writing that.
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
Hint for the second egg: Add almost-full-alpha to selection.
Apr 5, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
Late good luck everyone! o/
Apr 5, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
Subpyro said:
Could you put it in human
Apr 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Before said:

Adjust your eyes to detailed vision. Or to put it this way, don't look, but stare.

Don't search for the view for too long, but take your time enjoying it as soon as you get it.
Apr 5, 2015 11:39 AM
Jan 2013
Before said:
Subpyro said:

Could you put it in cat
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:42 AM

Mar 2013
Friddan said:
I think he means that you should select everything on the page.

That actually makes it even worse (if you were referring to mouse selection).
Apr 5, 2015 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Mkim said:
Before said:

Could you put it in cat
Could you put it in whale
Apr 5, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2012
Got the hint for the third egg but don't know what the hell it means.
Apr 5, 2015 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
Subpyro said:
Before said:

Adjust your eyes to detailed vision. Or to put it this way, don't look, but stare.

Don't search for the view for too long, but take your time enjoying it as soon as you get it.
What's the difference between looking and staring OTL
Apr 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
I've found the first egg but I can't find the hint for the next one anywhere ;A; Any clues? Or PM me please T_T

Apr 5, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2007
Anyone got a hint for hint 4? Got 3 eggs.
Apr 5, 2015 11:48 AM
Jan 2013
Kay uhh

For the hint number two, don't do the same as me

don't google the image and make the assumption that the image represents the place you need to go, just follow the text hint and what the image itself represents, not the character on it.

-3- damn this game.
gone bai bai
Apr 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Before said:
What's the difference between looking and staring OTL

When starring you usually narrow down your vision, but what you see is more detailed.
Apr 5, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm... I'm still stuck with finding the second hint. I thought I found it, but then I got found it really was that way.
I just can't seem to find anything "out of place" in something I know nothing about. :S
(Though I'm quite sure if I check the page again after 10 minute of "I give up" I will find it instantly...)
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by mushfik002 »»
53 minutes ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

422 by Hayukoo »»
Today, 8:30 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.