Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2010
ok this was BY FAR the ebst arc yet :D

i thought that the person wich survived was satoko not keiichi,so i was surprised :-)

I guess that this will end only when EVERYTHING will go perfect :-),and probably the good things will add up...
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2010 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
Confusing. That's all I want to say... No, I lied.
I have to say that this is extremelyyyy confusing. First, he kills the uncle, the uncle lives, people die when he wishes for it. Before, before, Satoko went nuts yelling "Nonono!" Now, she acts like the sane one going "You're the murderer!"
Oh, and why the heck did Rika die? :(
Anyways, fabulous episode with the push over the bridge and Keichii going physco... I got chills and even more confused in the end when he was the only survivor...

And I'm happy we got to see how one of the girls became seriously cursed :p
I thought the show would keep us hanging... but it showed us. Man, the whole arm came off, too...
Apr 21, 2010 3:01 PM
Apr 2008
Heh, so he lives. It kinda sucks that Rika had to die.
Apr 22, 2010 5:41 PM

Feb 2010
Best Arc so far!
As Rikas death was not explained it may have something to do with the scene from the beginning of the second arc... but I dunno ^^
Too many questions :P
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 24, 2010 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
So, wait. Keichii has the power for whatever he wishes to come true? I guess that would make sense if in the previous arcs that he wished to not die, and time reversed itself to give him another chance.

It seems to fantastical to be true, though. It's probably all coincidence. Someone else is working behind the scenes (like that one woman). Oh well, on to the next episode.
willagApr 24, 2010 5:31 PM
Jun 12, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2009
Keichii...WHAT A FUCKING RETARD. He screams like an idiot, he goes into fits of anger fill rage and runs after Satako WAVING HIS BLOODY AXE.

Anyways...this whole arc made no sense...everyone just died anyway and why were some people disappearing/dying for no reason what so ever?!!?!?
Jun 15, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
Everything is possible when people are hallucinating. Hinamizawa Syndrome is that f*cked up. I just don't know what triggers it and when do it start to take effect.
Jul 2, 2010 5:49 AM

Dec 2009
Seems like Keiichi doesn't really die every time ..
Jul 7, 2010 4:54 AM

Mar 2010
OOOhhhh..I don't get it..Where did the body of the uncle go?And who killed Rika?Why oiishi and the doctor die??What's going on in this village????
Jul 14, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
His last wish when he fell was for everyone... to die?
Guessing he was 'possessed' :O
Jul 18, 2010 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
Wow. If you asked me if Keichii was gonna make it through this arc, I would have undoubtedly told you no.

I'm glad I was wrong. Awesome twist.
Aug 3, 2010 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
I'm in a 'WTF' mood , but i know that everything will be explained.So..
Sep 9, 2010 1:32 PM
Jun 2010
Wow this was just random. The Tv broke, just horrible. I like how keichi got the curse on his side, and he could actually go and be a psyco and kill everyone. Reminded me a bit of deathnote.
Sep 20, 2010 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
Huh, so this section was 5 episodes long? Actually happy it was longer.
Such junk...
Sep 25, 2010 3:51 AM

Aug 2010
Hmmm, things kind of slowed down with Satoko's arc. "Killing time" sounds more promising.
Oct 7, 2010 1:38 AM
Sep 2010
The dates seem to be important. The food was bought on 6/20/83 and according to the news report the volcanic gas incident currents during the 21st and 22nd. So it seems to me that he wasn't hallucinating.
Oct 15, 2010 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
the part where satoko runs away was soo funny

yaaaaa

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 15, 2010 7:48 PM

Nov 2009
NO RIKA!!! as soon as i saw the little feet i was like, "R-Rika?! RIKA! NO!" that was REALLY stupid for Keichii to start swinging his bat at the crows!!! i just KNEW something bad was gonna happen!!! and i was right haha... and poor Satako was in the bath tube that WHOLE time!!! i wonder if her uncle really was dead... and wow he keeps confessing 2 every1!!! and in the end everyone dies because Keichii wished it... wow nice going... what did everyone in the village do 2 you?! especially those little girls at the skool who were creeped by the police man... and all the innocent?! haha he just messed up big time!!! although it was a VERY interesting epi!!! i LOVED the part where Satako was in the shrine!!! that MUST have sucked!!! and poor Rika had to suffer for it!!!
Oct 22, 2010 10:17 PM

Sep 2010
so Keiichi has the power to kill whoever he wishes?

also, so many questions unsolved... how did RIka die, and the uncle? I am curious about how these arcs tie in together.

Oct 31, 2010 8:32 PM

Jun 2008
DeathfireD said:
They mentioned he was in critical care in the end which further proves the point.

wrong. "he was in critical condition." just saying.

all i'm left really wanting to know is who was found at the start. the only distinguishing trait other than the blond hair was the tattoo on their torso. i have a feeling knowing the john (jane? honestly couldn't tell) doe's identity might help clear up some things.
Nov 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Aug 2010
Rika's death was extremely confusing. Man why her of all people, the way the crows were eating at her was really creepy. When Keiichi got pushed off by Satoko I couldn't help but think that he actually deserved it. Bleh Mindfuck!!
Nov 14, 2010 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
Keiichi is slowly having a better outcome at the end of each of the chapters. I wonder if everyone was dying because he wished for it or because of Oyashiro-sama's curse...maybe he's involved in the curse somehow.
Feb 18, 2011 6:00 AM

Dec 2010
Once again for emphasis...Mindfuuuuuuuuck :-/

Still, what a way to end...Keeichi survives, that's a first. No real answers, but seeing as I'm enjoying this so much, I'n not sure I really care :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 13, 2011 3:07 PM
May 2011
STOP MESSING WITH MY HEAD!!
May 23, 2011 12:32 AM

Nov 2010
Keiichi became actually became Kira without the Death Note, how invincible is that O_o
May 26, 2011 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm. Keiichi was really scary in this arc, kind of glad it's over. Dx He honestly scared me more than the other "villains" of the other arcs. Maybe it's because he's the hero of the story/main character, and is usually the one going "wtf?" at everyone else's insanity.... >.< Dunno.

Questions, questions... What was the deal with Rika, Oishi, Irie, and so forth? Their manners of death were just so strange, and for Oishi, we never even learned it. Is it just random, and just because Keiichi wished it so that they'd die? Pretty impressive powers. I'd say he was definitely possessed, by Oyashiro or some other evil spirit. Weird enough, it seemed to have been initially woken in him when Satoko's home situation grew desperate... I wonder if there are any ties between Keiichi's possession and Satoshi, perhaps? [hence, the extreme possessiveness over Satoko/interest in her well-being that led to his murderous behavior]

The mystery of the uncle... was he really dead? Did Keiichi really kill him? Did Satoko just lie about him being alive because all the while she knew Keiichi was possessed, and she believed she was cursed? Then whatever happened to his body... o__o; Hmmph.

One last musing.... the gas leak or whatever it was. Pretty interesting. Was it indeed caused by that strange pipe that Keiichi and the officers dug up a few episodes back, where the uncle's body should have been? If that's true, that's a pretty crazy coincidence. D= And did the gas leak happen as a result of Keiichi's "final" wish - to restore Hinamizawa back to its former peaceful and normal state? If so, it was probably too impossible a wish to fulfill, so the entire town was just annihilated. Leaving that crazy freak as the lone survivor. Go figure.

Ahhh... well. Just something to really chew on for a while I guess. I hope this comes up again at some point. Or something. Because this arc, for me, arose the most unanswered questions.
suicune141May 26, 2011 6:23 PM
Jul 6, 2011 3:12 AM
Jul 2010
So, Keiichi wished for them to die and they really died? That was damn wired... But it still doesn't explain what happened to Rika... Or why Satoko's uncle wasn't dead (though nobody but Satoko really saw him afterwards...).
Jul 7, 2011 2:20 PM

May 2008
This is my favorite arc so far.
Perfect ending. Somehow, I find mass volcanic gas poisoning fascinating. (Yes, I'm a bit of a sadist. Isn't that why I started watching this series in the first place?)
Kyomu9Jul 7, 2011 2:32 PM
Jul 17, 2011 8:37 PM
Jun 2011
We know that Mion (The demon Mion) tortured people before she killed them as part of the 'curse'. We also know that the demon Mion is unkillable, as seen from the last arc, and seems to have some supernatural powers.

I think when Keiichi asked Mion to change the curse to satoko's uncle she actually did. Demon Mion was able to find the corpse, did the ol' fashion torture, chopped the body up and sent it down the river.

I also think that the 'presence' Keiichi noticed when he went to check if the uncle was really dead, was the curse. Rene mentioned it in a previous arc as a presence that's behind you. It granted his wishes for those he wanted to die, including his final wish. I dunno how he survived the fall though.

So if we go with this scenario, then all the death's are accounted for except for Rika's.

The way she was found was creepy as heck though.
Jul 20, 2011 1:49 PM

Mar 2011
I wasn't expecting that kind of ending and it made me think: what if nothing really happened? What if all the story behind Satoko and Keiichi's ''presumed'' murders were just an hallucination caused by the gas leak? And maybe every death in those hallucinations corrisponded to a death caused by the gas...

Don't get me wrong, but the news didn't report any case of murder and they didn't even say a word about finding a teenager on a riverbank suffering a 90 feet tall fall...

I mean like 100 people just died of intoxication and the only survivor is a kid almost drowned to death with severe injuries to his back found way out of town. You don't find that strange enough to report it?!
Ok, the tv just broke down and you can't tell what it was going to show, but isn't that to convenient? I don't know but this was one fucked up arc, no doubt about it.
Jul 24, 2011 9:50 AM
Mar 2011
This is my theory after watching this episode:
-The Keiichi that fell off the bridge DIED, he was the one who wished for the entire village to die, and somehow it came true.
-The "Keiichi" that was shown at the end of the episode WASN'T the insane Keiichi that killed the uncle, got pushed of the bridge etc.
-That surviving "Keiichi" was most probably the one mentioned to be seen at the festival while the Keiichi that fell off the bridge was busy killing the uncle.
-Therefore either one of those 2 Keiichis must be a doppelganger or something. Gotta watch more to find out.
Sep 5, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
Am I the only one who noticed that, when satako was telling her "hide and seek" story , after that loud banging noise came (from satako slashing off one of oyashiro's arms) it shows Rika and some little boy, and that little boy looks exactly like Keichi. Any connection here or just coincidence. (was Keichi imagining himself there? was that satako?)
Sep 29, 2011 3:52 PM

Aug 2011
I preferred to think that all the arcs where the same story in a different order,b ut it really seems so that the arcs are just a different story altogether. I get more and more questions each episode, and none have been answered yet. Guess it's on to the next arc ><.
Nov 21, 2011 8:31 PM

Jun 2011
How many times can you kill off the same characters? XP
Jan 12, 2012 7:47 PM

Dec 2009
This arc was confusing but I see some things are starting to take shape.
Jan 30, 2012 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
But...What was with the corps in the bag in the beginning of this path?

Did i miss something?
Mar 1, 2012 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
This show really messes with your head.
Mar 3, 2012 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
The only two things I didn't get were how Rika died(Keiichi didn't curse her, after all...) and how Teppei's body wasn't there, although the assertion that that was HIM in the trash bag at the beginning of episode 9, and that someone in fact dug up and tortured him after Keiichi beat the shit out of him with the bat doesn't seem too improbable.

Doesn't really seem like we learned a lot during this arc though. We learned why Satoko's family was cursed, who killed that chick at last year's cotton festival, and (maybe) how Takano died(although the Doppelganger concept kind of put that back into the dark...).

Either way, very interesting, can't wait to watch this and Season 2 so I can get the full story.
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 15, 2012 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
Sakoto has super strength. First the classroom, now the bridge (wasn't there a railing as high as Keiichi?)
Jun 13, 2012 10:23 PM

Apr 2011
Keiichi you giant pussy
Jun 24, 2012 2:27 PM
Jun 2012
Hi my name is Keiichi....

I just swung around an ax near a dead person, then dropped the ax in the blood of the dead person, then as someone thought I killed that person, I decided to CHASE THEM WITH THE BLOODY AX.

HI IM KEIICHI IM FUCKING SMART AS FUCK
Jun 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
Huh. Honestly, my first thought when the gas explosion happened was that the whole thing was just a delusion in Keiichi's head due to the gas. Re-thinking it though, it seems too far-fetched. I'm really not sure at this point, but at least a lot of the other pieces of the story have been put together. I'm assuming that since Keiichi was in the lake, he wasn't affected by the gas as heavily as others. Idk though..

Also, they keep saying in the show that Keiichi is of a 'noble' family.... I'm thinking that this somehow has to do with his privilege of being able to wish other peoples' deaths.
Jun 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
clannad4ever said:
ok this was BY FAR the ebst arc yet :D

i thought that the person wich survived was satoko not keiichi,so i was surprised :-)

I guess that this will end only when EVERYTHING will go perfect :-),and probably the good things will add up...

I would LOVE that, but sadly, I don't think this show is going to have a happy ending :/ It's drenched in too much sadness for that lol
Jul 19, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2012
What I think happened is that when he was pushed off of the bridge by Sotoka while he was in the middle of telling her that he wished for her to be happy, he felt betrayed and wished for everyone to die.

So, everyone dies, but he drops into the river and gets washed away unharmed.

Really freaky stuff.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 19, 2012 8:23 PM

May 2012
He wishes for them to die, then it happens. What is this, Death Note? xD
Jul 19, 2012 11:56 PM

Jun 2012
im pretty sure the unanswered questions like what happened to rika, oishi, and miyo, will be answered later on...also they rose new questions like what is about maebara that is of noble descent? also it is possible to explain the death of the aunt...it seems satoshi killed her and used a druggie for the blame..therefore no story is told....no cops investigate...no one learns the truth....
Sep 15, 2012 10:14 PM

Feb 2012
babykeiji said:
Well, that's something unanswered. So far, we know that in this chapter, every time Keiichi wished for someone to die, it happens. And it is because of the Shrine God's curse or Satoshi?

I know now what happened to the arm of the sacred statue, etc etc.

What left unanswered is what happened to the uncle and why does Rika died?

Well, I have a speculation about what happened to the uncle. I think the uncle really died, but after Keiichi buried him, someone dug him up and TORTURED him. In episode 8, the first part of this chapter, we can see the uncle of Satoko floating in the river inside a garbage bag, right? And he was tortured with his entrails out and his fingers nailed.

Pretty much this, + I feel the same way about your speculation.
Sep 15, 2012 10:21 PM
Aug 2012
what? this anime is fucked up
Sep 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Jun 2012
PrinceJ said:
what? this anime is fucked up

you should watch school days....but download the blue ray version since its uncensored and has extra scenes they had to cut out
Sep 15, 2012 10:57 PM
Dec 2007
_retro_reactive said:
im pretty sure the unanswered questions like what happened to rika, oishi, and miyo, will be answered later on...also they rose new questions like what is about maebara that is of noble descent? also it is possible to explain the death of the aunt...it seems satoshi killed her and used a druggie for the blame..therefore no story is told....no cops investigate...no one learns the truth....
Since no one will ever tell you this in the anime, Maebara Keiichi's father is a pretty famous artist and has plenty of money. What he "draws" exactly is left unknown and it is hinted it's controversial, but it's hard to say since the game takes it tongue-in-cheek in that regard. Anyway technically Maebara is not of "noble descent" per-se, this was just Ooishi's way of showing his disgust at Keiichi's apparent (to him) disregard of consequences. Ooishi thought that since his parents are well off he thought he could do anything and get away with it. There's another incident related to Keiichi which is what leads Ooishi to have such low opinion on him, but you don't get to know that until Rena's arc.

Aside from that... basically Keiichi's just the son of a well-off artist.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.