Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 23, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, I know one thing - I know nothing.
Ok there are things that connecting every arc and making one story, but in the other side... Everything is senseless.
I have a feeling that this is a some kind of timeloop (endless eight? Everything is happening in every possible way)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
WHY DID RIKA DIE?!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE UNCLE?!

WHY DID THE TV TURN OFF AT THE END?!

WHY DID EVERYONE KEIICHI WANTED DEAD END UP DEAD?!

MINDFUCKING PLOTS!

Oct 31, 2014 1:27 AM

Nov 2013
Stewiepwn said:
I liked the bit where he teleported to the other side of a metal railing
Yeah that made no fucking sense. Studio Deen didn't think that through at all.

Nov 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Very interesting arc.
I'm still trying to figure out what the constants and vairable between each story.
Nice to learn what happen when someone is possessed by the demon.
Dec 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
PLOT HOLES ! PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE ! meh -_-

*sigh although this chapter had finally brought back the 'scary/thrilling' atmosphere which the last chapter lacked imo, but the final execution in this episode was so messed up. why there were so many questions left unanswered ? The first chapter is still my favorite
Dec 29, 2014 12:03 AM

Dec 2014
Why?...
Jan 27, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2014
wow i actually enjoyed this episode :o like it didn't make me want to punch my screen
too bad it's the end of the arc though

ChaoticSilence said:
Stewiepwn said:
Yeah that made no fucking sense. Studio Deen didn't think that through at all.

lol cant believe i didnt catch that
Mar 22, 2015 4:26 AM
Nov 2014
That ending gave me goosebumps.

Atleast he didn't die this time lel.
Mar 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
As soon as they were standing over the river I knew someone was gonna fall... but the railing is totally secure, right? How did she manage that?
Mar 27, 2015 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, that ending ruled, he wished for the whole town to disappear and they did so he has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 22, 2015 10:01 PM

Feb 2013
Ha, so Keiichi finally survived an arc huh? Guess it just took everyone else in the village dieing to make it happen =p.
May 16, 2015 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
NostalgiaDrive94 said:
But I've noticed that more arcs are into here, and more directly the protagonists recall what they learned from the previous arcs.
I think this is a loophole thing.
From the same link and the same start, as the choices change, we get to see the possible futures, which can never conclude themselves with everyone alive, someone always dies.

I noticed that near the end where Keiichi was about to fall off the bridge, he remembers the penalty game and the club. I definitely started thinking of this "loophole" theory.

For some reason, I enjoyed Keiichi going insane, idk why.

But seriously, volcanic gasses? This is ringing bells from Stephen King's The Mist. Maybe that's the explanation of everything? I got to wait and see.
Jul 1, 2015 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
You could've wished for $999999999999999999999999999999999999 and instead you wished for a bunch of random people to die.
Jul 13, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
Everything is unanswered -__- Interesting ending. This time Keiichi was able to wish for everyone's death - except everyone died anyway (except him).
Aug 1, 2015 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
wtf this is getting very stupid. this mc is truly pathetic, weak minded and timid. always getting manipulated, he just feels like a complete joke. what kind of murderer confess his crime to almost everyone he sees?

yup, denies like a little bitch when satoko calls him a murderer. granted, he may/may not have killed rika, didn't he confessed about killing satoko's uncle? doesn't that make him a murderer?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 1, 2015 6:48 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, Keiichi actually lived this time? This was a strange arc, considering everytime he wished someone dead, they actually died.

Stewiepwn said:

Haha wow, I didn't catch that either.

NostalgiaDrive94 said:
But I've noticed that more arcs are into here, and more directly the protagonists recall what they learned from the previous arcs.
I think this is a loophole thing.
From the same link and the same start, as the choices change, we get to see the possible futures, which can never conclude themselves with everyone alive, someone always dies.

Hmmm, interesting. I like that theory.
jdimaria3Aug 1, 2015 6:52 PM
Aug 17, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
The mc is so dense.. he didn't die this time at least but still
Oct 12, 2015 7:18 AM

May 2015
So far every single ending has left me with my jaw hanging wide open in shock. Though I have to say, this arc is probably my least favorite. In both of the other arcs we got answers. In this one we never found out why Keiichi thought he killed Satoko's uncle and didn't go to the festival. We never find out who killed Rika or Tayano. We never find out what happened to the photographer. We never find out why Keiichi has that strange power to curse people. This arc is also the only one that I'm not on Keiichi's side at all.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 5, 2015 12:02 AM

Oct 2014
It seems like Satoko has the power to defy laws of physics (with that push from the bridge scene) lel.

Also, Keiichi proves that he is the stupidest smartass MC I've ever seen.

For this arc, the author obviously wants us to believe that Keiichi has the power to kill people by just wishing it but I'm not taking the bait. There are many episodes left so I hope that a believable explanation will be revealed later on.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2011
Im tired of saying "WTF" to every end so I'm just gong to say...

"And everyone died. The end"
Jan 17, 2016 3:13 AM

Sep 2015
This is starting to piss me off in so many levels... jeez
Keiichi: he can't possibly get more dumber than this in the next arc. He just can't... I ended up finding it funny how he openly started to confess his murders to everyone lol FFS When talking to Satoko he was blatantly BRAGGING about it.
UNf*ckingBELIEVABLE....
And don't even get me started with that scene with Rika and the crows...

When Satoko pushed him off bridge I actually paused the video just to sink than in...
HOW DAFUQ? The bridge has a metal protection, I CAN F*CKING SEE HOW IT GOES OVER THEIR HEADS! And what's wrong with your right hand Keiichi? Are you physically unable to grab a rope with 2 hands?

The first arc was the peak of the show. It has gone extremely downhill since then... Disappointed :|
TchamiJan 17, 2016 3:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2015
Man i'm so much confused lol
Jul 14, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2015
Tchami said:
Keiichi: he can't possibly get more dumber than this in the next arc. He just can't... I ended up finding it funny how he openly started to confess his murders to everyone lol FFS When talking to Satoko he was blatantly BRAGGING about it.
UNf*ckingBELIEVABLE....

When Satoko pushed him off bridge I actually paused the video just to sink than in...
HOW DAFUQ? The bridge has a metal protection, I CAN F*CKING SEE HOW IT GOES OVER THEIR HEADS! And what's wrong with your right hand Keiichi? Are you physically unable to grab a rope with 2 hands?

The first arc was the peak of the show. It has gone extremely downhill since then... Disappointed :|

i agree, first arc was the best
Jul 29, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2016
everyone he wishes for dies, that reminded me of death note
the gas leak was pretty random considering nothing like that was mentioned on a previous arc
But i wonder if that was some kind of punishment from the god, maybe he didnt get his curse or something....
Jan 19, 2017 10:11 AM
Jan 2012
ErnaGhoul said:
i agree, first arc was the best
I can't say I agree. I think the Mion/Shion arc was the best one yet.
Jan 19, 2017 10:15 AM
Jan 2012
Anyways, out of all characters having focus in arc so far, Satoko had it worse.

Anyways, this was by far the weirdest arc. I am more confused than ever. Hope the next arc is better.

I was thinking, what if everyone in the show is already dead and the village is some sort of limbo where they keep reliving the last month before the volcanic gasses killed them? It doesn't quite explain why things change every new arc, but still.
Apr 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Feb 2014
In regards to what ReilaNimu said, I feel like that is very possible at this point.

Poor Satoko~
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Sep 6, 2017 4:13 AM

May 2015
Nice combo Keiichi. MULTIKILL!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2017 8:35 AM

Jun 2014
the mystery is intense and i need answers.
was all of this just a fever dream? that would a explain the randomness. and how satoko could have gone to rikas house, put on clothes and get back to keiichi (why would she even do that?) within two minutes. i don't know why this bugged me the most.
Jan 17, 2018 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
This was the best arc so far! Hope every arc after this is just as mind fuck-y
Mar 29, 2018 4:41 PM

Mar 2016
On a rewatch and I have to say, I'm digging this series all over again. You can see the way it foreshadows, hints and outright deceives when you have knowledge of the full picture. This just makes me wish I hadn't seen it the first time.
Apr 7, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2017
Nice turn of events.Anyway, the next one will be a time killing chapter, so expect a filler episode.

Atleast Keiichi saw Satoko nude. He is one step closer to getting laid. Also, that butt whack. Oshiri penpen indeed.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 8, 2018 11:05 AM
Jul 2017
This anime is all sorts of confusing, but I really wanna see where it ends up. Here's part of my theory on what happened this time:

Mion, Rena, Satoshi, and possibly Riko are all part of this demon-god's crazy murder cult; as long as they keep sacrificing, torturing, etc. they will be saved from death. When Keiichi killed Satoko's uncle, the murder-cult found out and word got to the three girls, who covered for him by pretending they saw him at the festival. At this point, he unknowingly became part of Oyashiro's fun-time-murder-cult, so they all keep watch and kill anyone who threatens him. I'm not sure if this Oyashiro-sama they're following is an actual supernatural force or if they're just a crazy cult, but I have a hunch that there could be some truth to their "god" if the whole town really got killed.
Nov 3, 2018 2:21 AM

Jun 2016
Tchami said:
UNf*ckingBELIEVABLE....

+1. Just +1.

This is shaping up to be the sort of story that only got popular for the shock value and promise of underlying mystery. The other arcs were alright, but this one went just about as stupidly as it could get. So much bullshit was slathered on, with seemingly the only excuse being "lol it's a mystery! You're not supposed to know what's going on so we can do whatever we want!"

I'm sure some of the information regarding Oyashiro-sama's curse is relevant. It's fairly obvious that the breaking of the statue's hand is relevant. Keiichi being so "smart" that he decided to murder an obvious criminal on the night of a festival and Sakoto pushing him clean through a guard rail, among so many other things, simply has no reason to ever be relevant. It only happened because the plot needed it to, consistency be damned.
May 5, 2019 5:11 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was really strange, for me it left much answers that were not responded nor explained, like what really happened to Rika's uncle? Or why she still can see him of he's probably death? Thpse questions don't let me sleep at night. The other's arcs in higurashi always ended preetly "closed" let'say that way, like the cherry on the top of the cake, but this arc it was just a cake on top of other cake, that's why for me this was one of the worst end-arc I ever seen in higurashi untill this point. And just one more thing, keichi in this episode appeared dumber then the other episodes, like he starts to confess is crime to every person he sees, and that is just dumb. (sorry if my english is a bit bad).
MassstaaaMay 5, 2019 5:15 PM
May 11, 2019 12:43 PM

Aug 2018
Wut? I give up trying to make predictions about this show. They just killed off everyone except Keiichi. The supervisor mysteriously commits suicide and the cop goes missing, wow.

I wonder if the new arc will continue off with everyone else dead or is it gonna reset everything again.
<Insert clever quote>
Jul 23, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2016
It's scary how this anime keeps making more and more sense as it keeps going. The result was interesting, he survived this time.
Sep 1, 2019 5:44 PM

Mar 2019
*miau* ฅ(₍˄·͈༝·͈˄*₎◞ ̑̑
Oct 21, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
The gaz poison at the end is definitely from the pipe Keiichi dug out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2019 5:08 AM
Dec 2019
For me Rika death probably is part of sacrifice ritual or punishment by Oyashiro, I mean by looking his torture wound on stomach, her death cause not by tragedy or coincidence.. she killed with ritual way like Mion once told in previous arc maybe to exchange all Keichi wishes to come true and why Rika maybe because she's the only relative left for satoko as best friend or someone who close with her.

I've some interesting point too where he met Takono in eps 10 and she said some point on "how if killing in the name of curse Oyashiro" to argue Keichi said about how come people die just because of a curse.. maybe that's why everytime he wishes people dead he (with or without believe it) curse them to death in the name of Oyashiro and later come true. For me in the end I believe this Takano somehow knew something beyond, not make sense her job is only on clinic while she has mysterious and creepy atmosphere around her everytimes meet with Keichi
Jan 1, 2020 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
So in this arc, his wishes came true, huh? But that was a brutal way of killing Rika. Who killed her though? Everything became so messed up!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 15, 2020 5:31 PM
Sep 2019
So I read in a previous post there are question and answer arcs. I hope that's true, otherwise this is a massive waste of time.
Apr 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Feb 2018
Furude Rika still mysterious...
May 16, 2020 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
Disliked this episode to start off, too. More annoying-Keiichi. Had decided to lower my rating to a 7/10, but it improved a lot towards the end. Keiichi getting all paranoid and going berserk in timeline 1 made sense. It felt "right". It felt completely irrational and out of proportion in this timeline, though.

Poor Rika. That shocked me. And Keiichi wishing the whole town dead and then they all actually died? Wow.

Interesting to see how that statue's arm broke, oh Satoko lol.

Still no clue if Satoko's abusive uncle is alive or not. Maybe we'll learn next episode if the timeline continues? And Ooishi, I probably shouldn't call him "bad" but he certainly veers into that "gray" territory between good and bad at times.
HagePotPotatoMay 16, 2020 11:37 PM
May 25, 2020 7:43 AM

May 2018
Keiichi actually managed to survive this time! Let's throw a survivor's party lol
Jul 8, 2020 10:50 PM

Aug 2018
wow I wonder how Rika died, and how the poison gas killed everyone except Keiichi. Where did the gas even come from?

Jul 14, 2020 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
Genix said:
By the way, in the version I wacthed of this episode, Rika-chan's corpse was slightly "censored", as in the infamous "mysteryous" shade appeared around her body... I just saw her all bloody. If the version, if there's a different one, that any of you have watched, is different and shows more, can you tell me if she had any other injuries? ^^
Very late reply, but the version I watched had her whole front body opened. The only censorship was the crow eating her organs (standing on top of her stomach). You could see her ribs, tiny bit of her organs, and her intestine. Something I wasn't ready to see lol.
Aug 13, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
this curse is only protecting keichi hmm.. maybe it has to do because he survived that fall or something?

preparing for another timeline now!

poor satoko has been through hell and back. hopefully she'll find nii-nii or someone like him to fulfil the role. satoko just wanted to trust someone but because of the accident she felt like everyone had abandoned her.
why did rika die though?
Aug 27, 2020 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
Keiichi last wish was the death of everyone in the village.
When they revealed that everyone in the village died, I was really shocked. :o

My two questions on this arc are where is the uncle's corpse and who killed Rika.

Sep 8, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
It should not have been physically possible for him to fall off that bridge, that was hell of a dumb scene. He just phased through the steel lol. I got more and more doubts that this show will make sense in the end, but let's keep watching.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.