Forum Settings
Forums

KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

New
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2011
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma. Don't get me wrong, I just watched the first episode and I'm digging it like really hard... But they got a new take on saying "This tastes good!"

Here's what I'm talking about though. I think they go overboard with it, but yes food does set off some people's buttons IRL, including their H button.

From Brainfacts.org

Just as sound is the perception of changes in air pressure and sight the perception of light, tastes and smells are the perception of chemicals in the air or in our food. Separate senses with their own receptor organs, taste and smell are nonetheless intimately entwined.

This close relationship is most apparent in how we perceive the flavors of food. As anyone with a head cold can attest, food “tastes” different when the sense of smell is impaired. Actually, what is really being affected is the flavor of the food, or the combination of taste and smell. That’s because only the taste, not the food odors, are being detected. Taste itself is focused on distinguishing chemicals that have a sweet, salty, sour, bitter, or umami taste (umami is Japanese for “savory”). However, interactions between the senses of taste and smell enhance our perceptions of the foods we eat.

And then the screen fades to white. Heh heh.

And this is the tame scene compared to what happens at the end where Soma serves up a stuffed potato bacon loaf topped with rosemary. Gonna figure out that recipe later on too.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM

» Gourmet Girl Graffiti - I've been waiting for a show like this!

RamenSoup43 - Feb 17, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Feb 17, 2015 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.