Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 8:33 AM

Apr 2010
Great music and, looking out for the next episode.
Any difference from the manga ? Since I don't read mangas myself

Apr 4, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 2013
great first episode. It really pulled me in.

I'm a little disappointed by the preview for the next episode. I was hoping this would stay away from the school setting but I guess it'll still be good.
Apr 4, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2013
I wish they could've spread out the whole vampie killings and him joning the army a little more. I don't know, it felt kind of quick. And the beginning was kind of boring, but it had some interesting moments.

Well I guess for a first episode it wasn't all that bad. Looking forward to the next one.

No opening yet. Damn, I had all this hype to listen to it after watching the trailers.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 4, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2014
animeguy17 said:

I'm a little disappointed by the preview for the next episode. I was hoping this would stay away from the school setting but I guess it'll still be good.

Dont worry! Minor spoiler but it ditches the school setting rather quickly!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2011
Everyone knows what Mikaela was really doing on those manson visits and what he had to do to get those curry ingredients.

And now little bit dark humor for you:
Hey Mikaela, how far was the freedom for you? *smirks* At arm's length!
Apr 4, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2010
I like it sofar but it felt really fast paced. Abit confused why they were already waiting for him outside the vampire HQ/base.

also gotta say i enjoy the background art and it really reminds me of a game im currently playing, Bloodborne

will keep watching
Apr 4, 2015 8:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Tokoya said:
The world is not ready to experience the greatness that is Shinoa and my boy Guren >//<

Lol at the hug in the end. They just had to do that didn't they? More doujins incoming.
The yaoi storm is coming xD

I wonder how long it'll take for everyone to realize that Yu is a rare case known as "A male tsundere" lol
Apr 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Nice premise. Good animation and music also it wasn't censored.
Apr 4, 2015 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
Well let's see...
First off, the art. Yes, okay, it's relatively fluid but the designs themselves are so bad. The characters all look so lifeless and forgettable and the backgrounds are so basic despite the setting being relatively interesting. Cinematography was very basic and it had next to no weight to anything that happened at all. I thought it looked very average overall.

Starts off by killing all adults in the first 30 seconds of the episode. Vampires then took over in the next minute. Then it skips 4 years. Lmao

We follow a bunch of kids as they have their blood taken and they are in a society where THE EVIL HORRIBLE VAMPIRES HAVE ENSLAVED THE KIDS AND FEEL ABSOLUTELY NO EMPATHY FOR THEM AT ALL! MWAHAHAHAHA! Lmao

MC is Eren from AoT. That is all.

The kids are all perfect, adorable and wonderful because they are going to die later to shock the viewer. Seriously, how predictable can you get? I predicted all the kids and the blonde kid were going to die at the end of the episode about 3 minutes in.

Shocker, the Gay Vampire guy tricked the blonde kid. Yeah, totally didn't see that one coming. *Rolls eyes* Then all the kids die before I even got a chance to really get to know them so I was just laughing at the brutality of the situation. Lmao

Finally a group of uniformed people approach the MC, mentioning a prophecy that he will fight the vampires. The MC decides to join immediately. Kay. That came out of no where. Then it flashes forward ANOTHER 4 years. Lmao

It isn't as much like AoT as I thought, other than the whole, people being killed by an unstoppable force thing and the MC having the exact same personality as Eren. That and the fact that the ending of the first episode was very similar to AoT's where it ends with the MC experiencing something traumatic happening to his family.

This was such a cliche, campy and predictable first episode that relied entirely on shock factor to keep it "interesting". The characters are all lifeless, bland and forgettable. The visuals are average. The sound is very average. Horrible... Actually, it was laughably bad. I am going to keep watching just for that.

Pretty much summed up the first episode.

Apr 4, 2015 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Great first episode, preview in school setting has me worried though

Nov 2013
AoV, cool, should be entertaining at least :b
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

Nov 2014
it was everything i imagined it would be....so far so good...

solid 5/5 for me
Apr 4, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2011
And so it begins ^_^
I'm surprised that this isn't censored. Cool.
Apr 4, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
This looks quite promising...
Apr 4, 2015 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
Decent first ep. The theme is overused and rather cliche, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

MC os your typical shounen MC but has tsundere side (I think?) lol. Ship him with Mika and Akane instantly XD (too bad they has do die....or is it just looking that way? I believe Mika has more important rules later though. It's hard to believe that a character like him died early).

ALL OF THEM ARE SO CUTE <3
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Apr 4, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2013
animeguy17 said:

The school part is for 3 episodes at most, dont worry, it gets dark pretty soon

Nov 2014
Attack on Titan: Alternate Universe... in 3D. The OST is good, though.

Jul 2014
Extremely predictable and hollow shock value garbage, going to give it 2 more episodes just because it's comically grimderp, a nice case study in unintentional comedy.
Apr 4, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
JUST LIKE THE PROPHECY BOYS!! YOU ARE THE CHOSEN OOONE!

LOL how generic was that.
Apr 4, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2010
-ShadowClaw- said:
While the kids dying was a bit of awe moment i found the first episode quite underwhelming...standard 3 episode rule for me but if i am not impressed by the 3rd episode i am dropping it

same, i found this whole ep so damn cheesy tho.
1) retard mc that cant adapt in a new environment and gets everyone killed ugh every time he opened his mouth i hoped the blond dude or something else would just kill him
2)ofc humans above 13yr survived what miraculous crappy excuse will they have for that.
3)and the preview amfg the whole world went to shit and first thing the new society does is build a freakin school are u kidding me
4) dont even get me started on the uniform the mc was wearing
Apr 4, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
Complaining about no memorable characters? You only met one really. It was quick paced and subtle, but I thought this was just a little bit of an epilogue to give the setting and our MC a reason for his resolve, and it did just that. I don't think they were trying to get emotions or shock value. They just wanted to set up his character. I think writing like this has potential. Hopefully our MC has matured an loses that Tsun attitude he has. And I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Could do without a prophecy gimmick, and the preview of a school makes me wonder though.....
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 4, 2015 9:12 AM
Mar 2014
The OP was Ok.

I thought the start was a bit boring, but not to bad, then all of his 'family' died made it a bit more intresting.

Seems like there is a way to surivive the virus, cause people older then 13 manage to live outside.

Overal pretty good first episode.
Apr 4, 2015 9:12 AM
May 2014
Keten said:
Well let's see...
First off, the art. Yes, okay, it's relatively fluid but the designs themselves are so bad. The characters all look so lifeless and forgettable and the backgrounds are so basic despite the setting being relatively interesting. Cinematography was very basic and it had next to no weight to anything that happened at all. I thought it looked very average overall.

Starts off by killing all adults in the first 30 seconds of the episode. Vampires then took over in the next minute. Then it skips 4 years. Lmao

We follow a bunch of kids as they have their blood taken and they are in a society where THE EVIL HORRIBLE VAMPIRES HAVE ENSLAVED THE KIDS AND FEEL ABSOLUTELY NO EMPATHY FOR THEM AT ALL! MWAHAHAHAHA! Lmao

MC is Eren from AoT. That is all.

The kids are all perfect, adorable and wonderful because they are going to die later to shock the viewer. Seriously, how predictable can you get? I predicted all the kids and the blonde kid were going to die at the end of the episode about 3 minutes in.

Shocker, the Gay Vampire guy tricked the blonde kid. Yeah, totally didn't see that one coming. *Rolls eyes* Then all the kids die before I even got a chance to really get to know them so I was just laughing at the brutality of the situation. Lmao

Finally a group of uniformed people approach the MC, mentioning a prophecy that he will fight the vampires. The MC decides to join immediately. Kay. That came out of no where. Then it flashes forward ANOTHER 4 years. Lmao

It isn't as much like AoT as I thought, other than the whole, people being killed by an unstoppable force thing and the MC having the exact same personality as Eren. That and the fact that the ending of the first episode was very similar to AoT's where it ends with the MC experiencing something traumatic happening to his family.

This was such a cliche, campy and predictable first episode that relied entirely on shock factor to keep it "interesting". The characters are all lifeless, bland and forgettable. The visuals are average. The sound is very average. Horrible... Actually, it was laughably bad. I am going to keep watching just for that.

While being a little exaggerated and cancerous, this is quite accurate as a resume of the first episode. I heavily disagree about the art however. The character design may be vapid, but the artstyle is sharp and detailed, particularly the backgrounds, as they gave off a very Ghibli-esque feeling. The directing was average.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Apr 4, 2015 9:13 AM

Feb 2015
the feels...its aot all over again DX
Apr 4, 2015 9:15 AM

Nov 2014
Nice start to the series.

The Art is what struck me the most, its so crispy at 720, what more in higer resolutions.
Apr 4, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
inb4hisbestfriendbecomesavampire

It was good.
12 year old's beating grown ass vampires XD
Apr 4, 2015 9:17 AM
Oct 2010
Pretty good start. Nice animation, music, interesting premise. Only thing I wish was that the vampires and the architecture were a bit more gothic.
GD1551Apr 4, 2015 9:30 AM
Apr 4, 2015 9:20 AM

Mar 2014

Someone needs to teach these kids trigger finger discipline, jesus christ. An accidental jerk of his finger would have ended this anime right then and there.

Apr 4, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
Great introduction. I do not remember the beginning part being shown in the manga, so that was a nice little touch. Reminded me of World War Z with everything falling apart almost instantaneously.

Everything was set up really well, they gave a really good intro to Yuu and Mikaela, entailing their tragic past (especially Yuu's). Yuu is an interesting character, so I look forward to seeing his growth throughout the anime.

I also liked how they set up the atmosphere with only little subtle moments of music, it made the setting seem more eerie like the manga. Then when Ferid was laying waste on those kids, was just so sad. Akane (I wish we actually got to know you!) :( I loved the music going on there too, fitted the situation pretty well.

Yuu pulling the gun on Ferid was pretty cool, but he was fucking lucky that Ferid was distracted with Mikaela and that Ferid is very nonchalant, otherwise Yuu wouldn't have stood a chance.

And the animation was fantastic. I'm glad they're still keeping that water color-like background like they did with Rolling Girls in this show! It fits really well!

And I wished their as an ED, but I can understand why they didn't have it at the same they did. I thought it kind of added to the atmosphere and tone, just having it go to credits with the wind blowing in the background. Also it's kind of better introducing some characters before showing an ED or OP anyways. Plus, technically the OP or ED could have spoilers I guess because.... you know....

But at the same time, everyone pretty much knows that anyways so..... lol

Anyways, I cannot wait for next week and can't wait to see Yuu take down some horsemen!
Apr 4, 2015 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Spring 2015's Shingeki.

A nice episode overall.
Apr 4, 2015 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
Animation isn't that great but its the best 1st episode out of all the anime to air so far this season.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Apr 4, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
Now that was a premiere episode! Great episode overall, set up everything very nicely.

Poor Mika, Akane and the rest of the gang :( That was heartbreaking. This is going to be a wild anime, can't wait!
Apr 4, 2015 9:37 AM
Nov 2013
Nice, wasn't expecting to be good but I think it will be a very nice show to follow.
Apr 4, 2015 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well, that was a pretty typical start...
Apr 4, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, pretty generic stuff. Main character looks like another hot blooded retard.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Apr 4, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
It seemed to me like it was just sort of insincerely going through the motions of being edgy and depressing, almost emotionally immature. The poor pacing made everything fall flat for me.

I wasn't sure why I thought so little of it when it did have potential until I saw the preview after the credits... how the shit does he go to high school? This isn't AoT 2.0, it's Ao no Exorcist 2.0.
Apr 4, 2015 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
Nothing is really fledged out properly.

Bit skeptical but I'll stick with it in case it gets better.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 4, 2015 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
Looks promising, altho the MC is a generic avenger.
The animation seems dank so if nothing we will atleast have some good fighting scenes out of this anime.
Apr 4, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:

After watching it subbed I realized that they skipped the part where Mika and the other kids also mentioned they also had a traumatizing past, such as Mika being abused by his parents

Well there is a fair amount of times of Yuu recalling the past during the first half so I wouldn't be surprised if they showed this in one of the future episodes.
Apr 4, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Good introduction, I hope next episodes will be as good as this one, not like Akame ga Kill..
Apr 4, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
i feel that this is gonna be great. and i'm in love with the backgrounds!
Apr 4, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
It wasn't completely cgi which gives it a plus, hiroyuki sawano's ost, good budget apparently, but they ruin it with the cringe story (Really? 12 year old knows how to cook curry? 12 year old kills a vampire? ffs...)
Apr 4, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
Darklycan51 said:
It wasn't completely cgi which gives it a plus, hiroyuki sawano's ost, good budget apparently, but they ruin it with the cringe story (Really? 12 year old knows how to cook curry? 12 year old kills a vampire? ffs...)

The cook curry part isn't that weird, Japanese curry requires little more than chopping vegetables and boiling water.
Apr 4, 2015 9:59 AM
Oct 2010
Darklycan51 said:

He killed the vampire with the great equalizer though.. a gun.
Apr 4, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
These children uniforms are soo kuwaii~~ I wants one!!
Here comes Yu .. the Sasake of this anime. Gets his family killed, now revenge driven

Children escaping from vampires ... with no plan ... only a map and a gun which he got from a vampire noble ... legit .. this is going to work.

Apr 4, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was predictable but it was still ok. Nothing mind blowing or anything of the sorts. I have a fair bit of question and I hope I get my answers like why does the virus affect only those older than the age of 13. The next episode preview has me worried because I don't see the point of building a school when the world is in ruins. Seems really unnecessary to me.

Plate said:
I wasn't sure why I thought so little of it when it did have potential until I saw the preview after the credits... how the shit does he go to high school? This isn't AoT 2.0, it's Ao no Exorcist 2.0.

I'd say it has a bit of both.

I don't know but I get the vibes that this anime is going to be a hit among the Fujoshi.
Apr 4, 2015 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
This is awfully bad.

The writing of the story is so Cringeworthy, annoying characters, and this is the worst anime of the season.

Dropped.

Even Sawano won`t save this trash.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 4, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2011
A strong first episode, it kept me interested from the start until the credit started rolling. The backstory was pretty cool and so far i'm liking the main character. Im definitely gonna keep on watching this, just a bit sad it's only gonna be 12 episodes but I guess that's understandable since the manga only have 30 chapters so far.
Apr 4, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
it was okay.
Apr 4, 2015 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
Zeta986 said:
This is awfully bad.

The writing of the story is so Cringeworthy, annoying characters, and this is the worst anime of the season.

Dropped.

Even Sawano won`t save this trash.

The bait is strong with this one.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.