Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 2015 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
amateur said:
tsudecimo said:

D'arby was literally the previous enemy before this.

Firstly he was just doing it for the hell of it and didn't had much of a die hard grudge or anything like that towards Jotaro and the group.Sure in episode 10 he was slick and threatening I suppose,but afterwards in ep 11 not so much and the conclusion of lousing himself to the fear in that certain bluff might have worked better in something like Kaiji or Akagi.
Idk just doesn't feel like there's to much tension going on,Dio should have appeared at least once to "show that he means business" by now.

The point is that Dio wants them to come to him. He's not going to reveal his hand to them just because they took care of his expendable flunkies. He wants to wear them down through sheer numbers. He's saved his best minions for last. Who else would he trust to stay close by his side? It's Villian Strategy 101.
Apr 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
GoyitoSatan said:

The point is that Dio wants them to come to him. He's not going to reveal his hand to them just because they took care of his expendable flunkies. He wants to wear them down through sheer numbers. He's saved his best minions for last. Who else would he trust to stay close by his side? It's Villian Strategy 101.

"It's Villian Strategy 101" also known as villain of the week syndrome popularized by almost every 70's anime titles out there.Because who needs to sit trough a entire series when you can just watch the very first and very last episodes of the series in question and not miss almost anything.
Apr 4, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
>People still fannyblasted over the episodic set-up

Yeesh give it a rest. Besides were almost at the finish line
Apr 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
amateur said:
Because who needs to sit trough a entire series when you can just watch the very first and very last episodes of the series in question and not miss almost anything.

Cool. I guess I'll just watch only the first and last episode of Cowboy Bebop. It's not like I'm missing anything by just skipping to episode 26.
Apr 4, 2015 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
gedata said:
>People still fannyblasted over the episodic set-up

Yeesh give it a rest. Besides were almost at the finish line

A very weird time, to complain now..
Apr 4, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2008
GoyitoSatan said:
amateur said:
Because who needs to sit trough a entire series when you can just watch the very first and very last episodes of the series in question and not miss almost anything.

Cool. I guess I'll just watch only the first and last episode of Cowboy Bebop. It's not like I'm missing anything by just skipping to episode 26.

Go ahead and do that,you would be mistaken mostly episodic type of content with pure self sustaining action type (introduction-conflict-climax all withing 1 or 2 episodes) of content though.
Apr 4, 2015 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
amateur said:
Go ahead and do that,you would be mistaken mostly episodic type of content with pure self sustaining action type (introduction-conflict-climax all withing 1 or 2 episodes) of content though.

Implying that the two are mutually exclusive.
Apr 4, 2015 1:25 PM
Jun 2014
Man, some people whine just to whine I swear.
Apr 4, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I wasn't expecting that, but at the same time, I didn't knew what to expect at all, so I guess it was the most best outcome they could have asked for..?

The ending was so ironic, with the bullets going through the book to his his head xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, maybe it will get serious after this. Taking a dark turn.
Apr 4, 2015 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
Boingo best grill, also my body is not ready for Petshop and fabulous Iggy.

amateur said:
GoyitoSatan said:

"It's Villian Strategy 101" also known as villain of the week syndrome popularized by almost every 70's anime titles out there.Because who needs to sit trough a entire series when you can just watch the very first and very last episodes of the series in question and not miss almost anything.

Well, you miss the priceless fun :)
That was mostly the point of SC until now (almost, since some stand users were a real threat for our hereos), but now you better prepare yourself for ZA FEERS. Because you're gonna miss these episodes.
AkanezoraApr 4, 2015 6:46 PM
Apr 5, 2015 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Boingo just went he had a change of heart lol.

Hyped for the next ep,Iggy in action.
Apr 5, 2015 6:00 AM

Feb 2010
Farewell, Hol Horse and Boingo, you are so funny and interesting...
Polnareff's sneeze save the day...

Can't wait for see Iggy "talk" and fight next week.
Apr 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
Hol horse should just gived up & boingo at the end......those two are pretty much idiots funny ep though its like retarded version of final destination.
Apr 5, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2014
There are people who got this far and are still whining about the stand of the week format ?
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Apr 5, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2011
Akabawi said:
There are people who got this far and are still whining about the stand of the week format ?

Maybe the issue is the these people who control the stand don't have a backstory. Would have been better if it showed Dio recruiting them and convincing them to work under him

As it is currently, they just appear. No fluidity at all and yes the "stand of the week" format is being played out.
Apr 5, 2015 11:55 AM

May 2014
Gov said:
Akabawi said:

Maybe the issue is the these people who control the stand don't have a backstory. Would have been better if it showed Dio recruiting them and convincing them to work under him

As it is currently, they just appear. No fluidity at all and yes the "stand of the week" format is being played out.

You don't get what I am trying to say , right ? This type of complaint should have been like in episode 8 episode 10 , episode 12 in the first season , not after all this way when you should have established the idea that it is a Stand of the week format and it isn't changing.
Also all the current fights have been two parters , Hol horse was shown to be recruited again by Dio himself and Dio convinced him to work under him again after Hol horse tried last episode the shoot dio. Boingo had hatred for the joestars and wanted revenge because of some earlier episode . Both characters appeared before , so that's totally not the reason.

I never denied it's a stand of the week format. It is a stand of the week format but such complaints should have been made episodes way ago , not after episodes and episodes of stand fights. And I liked the formula when it was played here , so I for myself never complained about it.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Apr 6, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
amateur said:

Dio should have appeared at least once to "show that he means business" by now.

Didn't Dio literally show up and show how serious he was to Hol Horse two episodes ago?

He probably meant in front of the main characters, which is silly considering he wouldn't just walk around outside looking for them for no reason
Apr 6, 2015 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
So they get knocked out by a car but don't get knocked out by attack that would turn that car into shit... I didn't like the logic here.
That fail from Hol Horse...

Good episode to relax from the serious story.
Apr 6, 2015 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
b1GZZ said:
So they get knocked out by a car but don't get knocked out by attack that would turn that car into shit... I didn't like the logic here.
That fail from Hol Horse...

It's best to not think too hard about consistency or logic during comedic scenes like this.
Apr 7, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
Just when I thought Boingo was turning over a new leaf, he gets rekt.

Haha that sneeze. I wasn't expecting that plot twist with the watch nor was I expecting the gang to be hit by a truck.

Pretty good episode. It's going to be hard to top D'Arby's arc though...

7.5/10 I'm enjoying the stand of the week format though I'm wondering how many episodes are going to be left for the final fight.

Apr 7, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2010
DissonantSoul said:

I'm wondering how many episodes are going to be left for the final fight.

This topic has been brought up a few times, so I'll give you a rough estimate. Not much of a spoiler but I've put tags up just in case:
Apr 8, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
There could be 100+ episodes of SC like this and I still wouldn't be sick of it.
Apr 9, 2015 1:45 AM
Jan 2010
amateur said:
The lack of a genuinely serious enemy is really starting to hurt the series by now,couldn't Dio just appear already...

Araki definitely took heed of this in the next part.
Apr 9, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
amateur said:
The lack of a genuinely serious enemy is really starting to hurt the series by now,couldn't Dio just appear already...

Imperial_Thunder said:
There could be 100+ episodes of SC like this and I still wouldn't be sick of it.

I find the huge differences in opinion on this to be pretty interesting. I think episodes like this are good just because they're BIZARRE, as Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure should be. In my opinion, people getting ORAORAORAed isn't nearly as bizarre as Hol Horse trying to figure out how to get his fingers up Polnareff's nose, or why he's even doing that in the first place.
Apr 9, 2015 2:27 PM
Mar 2014
StardustReverie said:
amateur said:

Araki definitely took heed of this in the next part.

People also have to realise that this was Araki's first try on the 'stands' something thas has never been done before in anyway during that time. Especially in part 4 when the rules get better and the fights get more bizarre it will result in more fun.
Apr 9, 2015 2:29 PM
Mar 2014
Either way JoJo SC has been a classic journey so far and the ending will be top 3 fights in supernatural battle anime.

Top 3

1. Gohan vs Cell
2. Gon Vs Pitou
3. ? Vs DIO
Apr 10, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
WandererRedux said:
Episode 20

I don't think that should get a full episode.
Apr 10, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2010
Hobgoblin2099 said:
WandererRedux said:
Episode 20

I don't think that should get a full episode.

Neither do I honestly, it should be half at most. DP has expanded on SQ before however, so I won't rule out that possibility till it's proven wrong.
May 6, 2015 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
Polnareff's tongue! Oh my!! *serious dirty thoughts*

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 23, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2012
Lol another great episode, really like where this is going!
Jul 12, 2015 6:14 PM

Feb 2015
Man I was really rooting for Hol Horse :(.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2015 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
this show is getting more lenient... the only enemy that died iirc was the blind dude who got a water stand and the rest were either sent to hospital or whatever. D'arby should've died and especially Alessi.
Aug 7, 2015 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
Man, that was a pretty good episode.
Sep 18, 2015 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
This is why I'm not a fan of episodes with this kid and his stand. You already know Jojo and crew are gonna survive the fate shown in the manga in some bs manner. Everything always goes according to plan until you reach the end where it shows their supposed deaths.
Dec 28, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2012
finally iggy is fighting.

Mar 20, 2016 6:34 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, Hol Horse failed again XD

5/5
Apr 29, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
And that was the end of Hol Horse.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Feb 2013
Polnareff sneezing saved them!
Hol Horse should have controlled the bullets better and Boingo was unlucky that Iggy was there.
Jun 15, 2016 11:53 AM
Oct 2011
Avenger-senpai said:
This is why I'm not a fan of episodes with this kid and his stand. You already know Jojo and crew are gonna survive the fate shown in the manga in some bs manner. Everything always goes according to plan until you reach the end where it shows their supposed deaths.
That's true of almost EVERY fight in this kind of manga. The question is not IF they will survive but HOW they will survive.
Jun 15, 2016 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
animalia said:
Avenger-senpai said:
That's true of almost EVERY fight in this kind of manga. The question is not IF they will survive but HOW they will survive.

Except with this stand it's pretty dam obvious their chances of surviving are 100% due to it/those episodes being there for comic relief. The whole running gag was how it was gonna screw up trying to kill them. What makes the other episodes/stands more interesting is that you can't be certain that the Jojo crew will make it out unscathed. Just look at what happened to Avdol with Hol Horse in S1, no one saw that coming (although as we all know he ended up surviving).
Jun 15, 2016 12:36 PM
Oct 2011
Avenger-senpai said:
animalia said:

Except with this stand it's pretty dam obvious their chances of surviving are 100% due to it/those episodes being there for comic relief. The whole running gag was how it was gonna screw up trying to kill them. What makes the other episodes/stands more interesting is that you can't be certain that the Jojo crew will make it out unscathed. Just look at what happened to Avdol with Hol Horse in S1, no one saw that coming (although as we all know he ended up surviving).
Fair enough, man.
Sep 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2012
That arrow tongue

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 30, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2016
Those Stand users are lucky fucks compared to JoJo and pals. All of them survived so far, with N'doul being an exception because he killed himself. Anubis' bucket might rust away eventually, too. The death count should've been way higher seeing that the consequences from their fuck-ups should've left something a lot more than a critically injured body (split head from explosion, broken skeleton, being flung to the sky after being oraorad and stabbed repeatedly, shot by three magic bullets in the face). They're more durable than I thought. They should thank the power of comic relief xD

I wanted Polnareff's tongue to rerorero... I gotta learn how to do the arrow trick very soon.

Damn those thugs. Running over the Stardust Crusaders like that. I'm glad that the drivers didn't get wheeled off by the paramedics at the end :3

If only Hol set his watch right...yare yare. I liked the ricocheting accompanied by the bullet rave tho.

Those three bullets going through exactly where the holes in doodle Jotaro were was surprisingly satisfying. I wonder why Boingo didn't get hurt. What happens to the Stand happens to the user, right? He didn't have holes through him, did he? Oh well. At least he got mauled by Iggy after turning a new leaf lol.

Polnareff's sneezing saved the day.

Jan 29, 2017 11:03 PM

Oct 2012
I guess Boingo will appeared anytime soon again for revenge
That last speech is beautiful, if only he didn't kick the box xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 14, 2017 2:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting point, Mondatta is the great unknown, anyone know him, because all the time was hidden!!!

Happy end ;)
Aug 24, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
Wow, I actually felt bad for Boingo, the guy was getting better T_T
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 29, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2013
mintiel said:
Jotaro sure looked happy for someone who got his face sneezed all over

lol omg I thought he looked so cute in this clip with his little smile xD I guess he found it amusing lol
Oct 1, 2017 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
Welp, at least that's over with.
Jan 4, 2018 11:37 PM

Jul 2016
Avenger-senpai said:
Welp, at least that's over with.

Seriously. When the fuck they going to get to Dio.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Jan 23, 2015

261 by Yvel_33 »»
Feb 1, 6:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.