Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2015 1:44 AM

Mar 2014
KingAce261 said:

Helenus said:
The only character in FT that should die is Zeref. Because he desires to die. I'm looking forward how they will solve his case.

I still think the final boss will be the so called god that cursed him and I esspecially don't think Natsu will be able to kill him after he finds out Zeref's full name
Yeah bro, Natsu is gonna TnJ the absolute fuck outta him once he realizes they're brothers.
Jun 16, 2015 3:06 AM

May 2015
ziggy_Z said:
KingAce261 said:

I still think the final boss will be the so called god that cursed him and I esspecially don't think Natsu will be able to kill him after he finds out Zeref's full name
Yeah bro, Natsu is gonna TnJ the absolute fuck outta him once he realizes they're brothers.

LOL, the funny thing is he wouldn't have to if it was not for hades who made Zeref's go from a crybaby life loving dude into a heartless cold guy who wants to finish this era.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 16, 2015 10:13 AM
May 2015
ziggy_Z said:

Helenus said:
The only character in FT that should die is Zeref. Because he desires to die. I'm looking forward how they will solve his case.

I have been hoping for this twist because the dude needs to pay for causing soo much problems for Zeref and because otherwise the ending is toooo predictable with the final battle being between the hero, his brother who wants to die, and the one who killed his father
Jun 18, 2015 6:07 AM

Sep 2008
Killing off one or two main-ish characters would not make it any more realistic. If it were to be realistic it's gonna have to pull out all the stops, like GoT. And as we know this is shounen.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jun 19, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2011
@OP

Yes, Natsu.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jun 19, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
I dropped it during the tournament. Has it gotten better or is he still trolling the fan base?
Jun 20, 2015 1:09 AM
Jan 2015
I think it's Makarov's time to die to be honest !! although It sounds cliché

ibrahim2712 said:
I dropped it during the tournament. Has it gotten better or is he still trolling the fan base?

Next arc after that is good
Jun 20, 2015 1:49 AM

May 2015
Gildarts needs to die and someone else should take his place
Jun 20, 2015 1:54 AM

Apr 2014
Saberforlife said:

What place? Being absent for the majority of the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 5:00 AM

May 2015
AJWilliams said:
Saberforlife said:

What place? Being absent for the majority of the series.

If you don't know F.Y.I he's the strongest member of fairy tail and S class mage
SaberforlifeJun 20, 2015 5:36 AM
Jun 20, 2015 6:02 PM
Sep 2011
CookingPriest said:
Not to mention DEATH =/= Consequences.

Cheap mangaka tend to kill off random characters to set up grimderp tone, but what really is needed is consequence.

This dude nailed it. Killing off supporting cast to make things "darker and edgier" is the hallmark of poor writing 99% of the time, and most of us realize this when we mature out of our angsty teenage phase. I doubt anyone would buy that sort of tone shift in FT.
Jun 21, 2015 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
ibrahim2712 said:
Yep. In the arc after the GMG, Hiro surpassed all his prior BS.

frankykun13 said:

ibrahim2712 said:

Next arc after that is good

No it's not.
Feb 22, 2016 3:27 PM
Feb 2016
I want there to be consequences to their battles. Every time they battle its like they are getting their asses kicked and then nakama power up bs kicks in or someone comes in right in the nick of time and saves them. Im not saying that the main characters like natsu gray erza or lucy should die, but maybe like in this War of Fiore arc the thunder legion or one of them dies seeing as how they were literally blown up. Believe me I love the show but it wouldn't hurt to show that everyone in FT are freaking immortal.
Feb 24, 2016 6:14 PM
Oct 2014
"should kill of" isn't English.
Feb 24, 2016 6:48 PM
Mar 2015
I STAND TALL AND FIRM IN GAJEEL NOT SURVIVING THE WAR. He will die. Levy is totally preggers and will have his child so it will be balanced tho.
Feb 25, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2015
I think the story is good as it is. I would be very sad if someone would die and a story doesn't have to let main characters die to be good.
Feb 25, 2016 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
Nah, Fairy Tail is good as it is. The characters are too awesome to die :P
Feb 25, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2016
I think they must kill lucy....
Myabe she must die fighting zeref and zeref will be like nooooo only natsu will kill me.
Mar 11, 2016 3:27 AM

May 2010
Yes said:
Imagine just imagine, that one day one of these apocalypses are just too much for fairy tale and they all die apart from Natsu, and the series spins off as watching Natsu turn in a crazy traumatized person.

That would be boring. Like he's not already annoying enough, will have to see 100 chapters of him screaming and shouting until he manages to nakama punch "fate" and bring back everyone. Good, right.
Mar 11, 2016 5:55 AM
Jan 2016
Fairy Tail is a very "What you see is what you get" series so..if you are expecting characters to die left and right then you are gravely mistaken.

I do think that Jellal might have a death mark on him due to the character he is based on from Rave Master(there is an interesting comparison of similarities with both series).

Time will tell.
Mar 11, 2016 5:58 AM
Mar 2013
Killing of characters for the sake of it is stupid because death as a literary device would lose all impact.

Plus it doesn't fit the tone of the series.

Characters dying doesn't make a series better or worse.
Mar 11, 2016 6:13 AM

May 2014
_HeroKenzan_ said:
I wouldn't mind everyone dying tbh

Killing off characters is not the problem,forcing them into near death situations and pretending that they are about to die,but then save them everytime by the infamous nakama power,is a problem.

This...so much!!
The near death "will they die, won't they die" crap worked in the beginning, but it wore off after 100+ bloody episodes of it. It would be a different story if it were less predictable, but the death drama is no longer drama when we already know that the plot armour will pwn all.

I don't think death necessarily makes a shounen anime "better" or more tense, but Fairy Tail's growing pretty stale with the rinse and repeat routine and I feel like the death of a major or supporting character would throw some actual drama in the mix. it'd show us that there really is something at stake and something to be lost, as opposed to just telling us.

Maybe having Makarov or Gildarts die would set something into motion since we know they're some of the strongest characters. Or perhaps having one of the "Fairy Tail Five" pop their clogs would add actual drama...I wouldn't mind seeing Wendy die tbh...or maybe Gray...he's always been angsty, but goddamn that boy needs a good slap in the face!!!
Strawberrycake48Mar 11, 2016 6:22 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2016 6:24 AM

Sep 2015
Yep. like how Akame ga kill does. I'd love to see a fairytail member turn into a lollipop.
Mar 11, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
The problem is Fairy Tail's trying to have its cake and eat it. It keeps talking about how highly the stakes are being ramped up and how each new enemy is nothing like anything they've ever faced before, but in execution it's all pretty much the same. Either keep the stakes low or actually let there be some major consequences. I think Mashima realized this which is why his recent chapters are awkwardly shuffling back and forth towards such consequences (Natsu's tumor that was instantly healed, Laxus' MBP that were instantly cured, Sherria being the one to lose her magic instead of a main or even secondary FT member, etc...).
Mar 11, 2016 11:41 PM

May 2010
Yes said:
TragicRomance said:

That would be boring. Like he's not already annoying enough, will have to see 100 chapters of him screaming and shouting until he manages to nakama punch "fate" and bring back everyone. Good, right.
Maybe not crazy, but maybe a sad war torn person to emphasize that fighting is actually bad.

Hmmm I would still prefer Gray or Lucy be the one traumatized, they are the more relateable ones as far as main characters go. Wendy is a little young at this moment, but ye, she could do the job as well (and grow into an even more badass than she already is) Natsu would be a risky choice imo. But ye, I like your idea.
Mar 13, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2013
If killing off characters is all a story like Fairy Tail needs to improve, then Akame ga Kill! wouldn't suck.
Mar 13, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
SymphonySpring said:
Fairy Tail is a very "What you see is what you get" series so..if you are expecting characters to die left and right then you are gravely mistaken.

I do think that Jellal might have a death mark on him due to the character he is based on from Rave Master(there is an interesting comparison of similarities with both series).

Time will tell.
You say it is interesting. I say it is more the lack of capability to think of new characters.
Mar 13, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
JD2411 said:

Characters dying doesn't make a series better or worse.
I kind of agree. As in it is not the fact of someone being away. But still you can create quite a good story around the deaths of some important developed characters.
Mar 13, 2016 1:00 PM
Jan 2016
johnyjohny said:
SymphonySpring said:

Time will tell.
You say it is interesting. I say it is more the lack of capability to think of new characters.

xD To be fair you have a VERY fair point since the author has taken two designs from One Piece(not all of these comparisons I think are correct to "copying" but geez did the author get a lot of "inspiration")

Mar 13, 2016 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
SymphonySpring said:
johnyjohny said:

xD To be fair you have a VERY fair point since the author has taken two designs from One Piece(not all of these comparisons I think are correct to "copying" but geez did the author get a lot of "inspiration")

/tumblr_murzfiJjOq1slw3hyo1_500.jpg[/img]
Now i have to say i was more referring to Characters such Gray and Hamrio, Lucy and Elie, etc. Gildarts comparison is actually the only one i thought was to much. Those other are still pretty far apart man can't really blame them on those tbh.

Fary tail on some points is very weak and certainly isn't always the quality show. But it is fun.
Mar 13, 2016 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
SymphonySpring said:
johnyjohny said:

Wow, Hiro Mashima doesn't even try to hide it, does he? That Shanks copy though...
Mar 16, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 2015
Stating Gray is angsty is not only the worst thing said in this thread, but it's also akin to stating Yato for example from Noragami is angsty. Ridiculous nonsense.
Mar 16, 2016 3:46 AM

Nov 2013
Kills off more characters than OP ever did. lol
Mar 20, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Mashima just kill the third rate characters from the guild already, which names I forgot or didn't make the efford to remember! You don't use them so why do they even exist!
The only actual done right death in this series is Simon's

Mar 22, 2016 10:23 AM
Nov 2015
I just don't want want the Simon = Neinhart theory to be proven right...
Mar 22, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Ultear died, or did she? Muahahaha, read the manga.
I don't think they should kill off any of the main characters, I wouldn't mind if Droy or whatever that oafs name is died, diabetes OP.
Mar 22, 2016 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
I'm tired of Lucy crying all the time. Plus Natsu gets stronger whenever she cries lol.
Mar 23, 2016 3:47 AM
Nov 2015
Difionex said:
I'm tired of Lucy crying all the time. Plus Natsu gets stronger whenever she cries lol.

Natsu : YOU MADE MY WAIFU CRY!!!
Mar 23, 2016 4:20 AM
Mar 2015
SymphonySpring said:

Time will tell.

That would follow suit for juvia too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.