Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2015 2:43 PM
Jun 2014
So yea, it's 2015 now and Volume 37 was released in March 29, 2013. That's almost two years.I heard this guy is sick? Can't he just type up what happens in Microsoft Word or get some fans to work with him?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 2, 2015 2:45 PM

May 2014
Goddamnit, when I saw Berserk was written in the 80's I was all excited that I would have hundreds of chapters to read.
Then three days later I finished up to the current chapter and have waiting ever since for more.
I've been here way too long...
Apr 2, 2015 3:35 PM
Jun 2014
TheConquerer said:
Goddamnit, when I saw Berserk was written in the 80's I was all excited that I would have hundreds of chapters to read.
Then three days later I finished up to the current chapter and have waiting ever since for more.

It's sad because it's the only manga I got into and I really like it.
Apr 2, 2015 3:36 PM
Apr 2014
Lash_ said:
TheConquerer said:

being a Berserk fan is suffering
Apr 3, 2015 12:46 AM
Apr 2013
be happy with the yearly 2 chapters :P we get
Apr 5, 2015 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
Lash_ said:
Can't he just type up what happens in Microsoft Word or get some fans to work with him?

This guy is to lazy for anything

Apr 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2012
Being a berserk and Hunter x Hunter fan are the 2 hardest things in the world :'(

At least when we do get a chapter the artwork is godlike, but it would be nice to have even a chapter per 3 months at a steady pace. Rather than just not knowing xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 6, 2015 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
[quote=Lash_]
TheConquerer said:

Yeah, me too. never been able to get into manga but Berserk is just on a level of its own. Once I got hooked I tried to never look back, but slowed down once I realized the author's current situation, plus publishing pace.

can't fathom what people who've been by its side for years (or decades!) must feel.
Black_GandalfApr 7, 2015 1:58 PM
I always like going south somehow it feels like going downhill.
Apr 7, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
jimbob1141 said:
Being a berserk and Hunter x Hunter fan are the 2 hardest things in the world :'(

At least when we do get a chapter the artwork is godlike, but it would be nice to have even a chapter per 3 months at a steady pace. Rather than just not knowing xD

Hearing about HxH is the only reason I don't want to get into it, they really need to start appreciating their fanbase.

Apr 7, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Gholy said:
Lash_ said:

Apr 7, 2015 1:00 AM

Oct 2008
Berserk ended right after the Golden Age arc finished,so idk what you're talking about...
Apr 7, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
amateur said:
Berserk ended right after the Golden Age arc finished,so idk what you're talking about...

No this was just the beginning
Apr 13, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
retrogamer32x said:
TheConquerer said:

If you'd like to do it all over again, there is always Bastard!!

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything you read about Miura and why releases are so infrequent. People were still spouting the health issues rumor when he felt well enough to do Gigantomakhia. Others have said this as well, but he seems to be burnt out with Berserk if he's taking time off to do a short manga, then you add in that the series completely switched from low fantasy to high fantasy over the past 10 years or so, and I think you can pretty well figure out what the issue is.

^This. It's not that he's lazy. He is sick, sick of writing Berserk that is. That one-shot Gigantomakhia must have felt like release for Miura. After spending nearly 30 years on the same story with no end in sight. I think there's no other excuse than him being bored of writing the same story.

The only other legitimate reason I can come up with for him not finishing Berserk by now. Is that he is burdened by his own success. Maybe he's hit a slump and can't figure out how to end the manga while keeping the same level of quality he had during the Golden Age arc. He's been stalling all these years to come up with a good ending.

Regardless of what his reasons may be, there needs to be a conclusion to Berserk and I hope it comes sooner rather than later. Worst case scenario would be if he dies with the story left unfinished.
Apr 13, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
Fullmetal89 said:
retrogamer32x said:

If you'd like to do it all over again, there is always Bastard!!

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything you read about Miura and why releases are so infrequent. People were still spouting the health issues rumor when he felt well enough to do Gigantomakhia. Others have said this as well, but he seems to be burnt out with Berserk if he's taking time off to do a short manga, then you add in that the series completely switched from low fantasy to high fantasy over the past 10 years or so, and I think you can pretty well figure out what the issue is.

^This. It's not that he's lazy. He is sick, sick of writing Berserk that is. That one-shot Gigantomakhia must have felt like release for Miura. After spending nearly 30 years on the same story with no end in sight. I think there's no other excuse than him being bored of writing the same story.

The only other legitimate reason I can come up with for him not finishing Berserk by now. Is that he is burdened by his own success. Maybe he's hit a slump and can't figure out how to end the manga while keeping the same level of quality he had during the Golden Age arc. He's been stalling all these years to come up with a good ending.

Regardless of what his reasons may be, there needs to be a conclusion to Berserk and I hope it comes sooner rather than later. Worst case scenario would be if he dies with the story left unfinished.

Those are some pretty bold statements you're making. I didn't realise that you are Miura.
MissKainanApr 14, 2015 2:36 PM
Apr 14, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
MissKainan said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Those are some pretty bold statements you're marking. I didn't realise that you are Miura.

Exactly, tbh pretty much all of these statments in this thread are bold. Some people here talk about Miura as if they know shit about him. Which they clearly don't.

You guys would actually know if you would read his interviews or his comments (in young animal), in which he often talked about how long he works, even not having holidays the whole year. What he likes and what his personality are, but you guys rather go on Mal and make bold statements about a person which you only know very little. Miura himself stated in 2009 btw that he works 15-16 hours a day, he also said once that he draws one page a day. Berserk itself is on it's most critical stage ever as a series, the worlds merged and falconia appeared, Griffith will become King and Guts will arrive at Elfhelm in which Casca will get cured. All of this will change alot and it will be the biggest milestone before the series goes towards it end.

Besides that, I never understood people who are fearing that Miura may won't finish berserk. This guy has been writing berserk over 20 years, it is his life and he sacrificed alot for his series. Not only his time, but there were times where he worked with fever and lost aalot of wieght due to his illness. Do you seriously thinck that he would leave his lifework unfinshed ?

In 2009 in an interview he said that the series was done to 60-70 % given the amount of chapters we got, we can easily say that the story is finished more then over 70 %, atleast slightly above that area. He is 48 years old and a mangaka, not an athlete who would have to stop playing at a certain age, if he wants he could draw till he is 70, he even said once that he even insists on going till to his 60's if it's needed to be done.After finishing Gigantomakhia he even said ''Time to return to my real job''.

Gigantomakhia itself was actually something that he created for young animals 20th anniversary, which was years ago.
Apr 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
This is why I'm waiting another 20 years for it to finish and then am going to read it.
Apr 15, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2012
RIP . I don't give a crap about berserk anymore .
Miruai doesn't respect his fans

Apr 15, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
I don't care how long I would have to wait.....one day he will for sure start again..:P
Apr 16, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2014
retrogamer32x said:
Mangetsu1010 said:

Do you seriously thinck that he would leave his lifework unfinshed ?

One of his favorite works is Guin Saga, which the original author died working on, without having wrapped it up. I really think he would. And, of course I don't know him, but I am a paying customer (of DH manga), so I have a right to my opinion which is that there is no end in sight at this current pace, even if we are 60-70% done.

Well the original author never really intented to end guin saga anyways (atleast until she broke a specific record), what she wanted to do was writing a novel series which is longer than 100 Volumes (creating a record), thats not what Miura is trying to do. Unfortunately she died because of cancer. Besides that everybody can state his opinion, thats not the problem here, customer or not. Still though it does not change the fact that your statements are extremely bold. You clearly haven't done your research on Miura rather it seems that you rely on rumors to say something about him. On a side note, buying manga should be normal for everyone anyways. And we are done to more than 70 % if go by the estimation and the time that has passed since then.
IntersticeApr 16, 2015 12:23 AM
Apr 16, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
retrogamer32x said:
If by my "research", you mean old interviews that get reposted all the time, then I have done it. He is not working at the pace you described anymore, or there would be more than one volume in two years, The people claiming bad health are the ones repeating rumors, not me, when has he or Young Animal given an official statmement saying that's the case?

Well if you haven't noticed yet, last year a volume of Gigantomakhia came out, which Miura drew in 2013. On a side note iIn 2013 volume 37 of Berserk came out. Besides that speaking of health issues, Miura for sure had health issues in the past. He was once commenting in young animal how he was only having 4 hours of sleep (that was when he had strict deadlines though) for one full month, but despite having health issues he never stopepd working, hence it was always the opposite he was overworking. The publication pace slowed down since 2006, it is not something new. Miura countless times apologized for the breaks in young animal and i don't thinck that he has to that in every issue in which Berserk appears.

Speaking of his health, he also started to take more care of himself, making his own juices and not eating to much chocolate. Besides that i seriously doubt that his working shedule changed, Manga is his life, it's everything he has. As commented in 2009 (around volume 34), he said that he was working 15-16 hours every day, without holidays.
Apr 16, 2015 1:06 PM
Mar 2011
retrogamer32x said:
Mangetsu1010 said:

Do you seriously thinck that he would leave his lifework unfinshed ?

One of his favorite works is Guin Saga, which the original author died working on, without having wrapped it up. I really think he would. And, of course I don't know him, but I am a paying customer (of DH manga), so I have a right to my opinion which is that there is no end in sight at this current pace, even if we are 60-70% done.
d say guin saga was abount 50 ifthat percent done
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 16, 2015 1:09 PM
Mar 2011
retrogamer32x said:
If by my "research", you mean old interviews that get reposted all the time, then I have done it. He is not working at the pace you described anymore, or there would be more than one volume in two years, The people claiming bad health are the ones repeating rumors, not me, when has he or Young Animal given an official statmement saying that's the case?

look at g13 author as exmaple he knos os wokr is loved and people will wait and people will morn him like crazy then he passed haove a traclly unfinshed master piece il pinenat ofr him
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 17, 2015 2:09 PM
Jun 2014
Mangetsu1010 said:
Miura himself stated in 2009 btw that he works 15-16 hours a day, he also said once that he draws one page a day.

So wait...he has a normal job?
Apr 17, 2015 4:25 PM

Mar 2010
Gholy said:
Lash_ said:

Yes The beauty of Berserk is that it makes people do just that, suffer. Oh hey we all now have a hint of pain that Guts has received.

Yeah I willing to wait and hopefully its finished before Miura dies or something.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
i somehow doubt it'll ever finish. in any case i don't care much for the manga anymore

rip
Apr 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
MissKainan said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Those are some pretty bold statements you're making. I didn't realise that you are Miura.

Everything I said was my opinion. It's my analysis based on many years of following the manga. Since the guy hardly ever does interviews and has stated his interest in the moe genre. My only conclusion is that he is bored of writing Berserk. It makes sense, honestly I don't blame him. He's been drawing the same manga for more than half his life. Anybody would feel exhausted at this point. I'm not saying I know what he's thinking but I don't believe for a second that he's working exclusively non-stop on Berserk. I know he's very detailed with his art work he's one of the top artist in the industry. That said he's not drawing the Mona Lisa here. It doesn't take one full year to make 30-40 pages worth of content. Which has been his current release pace as of late.

I still believe he will finish it, in fact I think we should be seeing a new chapter released very soon. I just don't believe that he is as motivated as he use to be.

You can be a fan and question the authors work ethics; you know.
Apr 19, 2015 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
retrogamer32x said:
Mangetsu1010 said:

Well if you haven't noticed yet, last year a volume of Gigantomakhia came out, which Miura drew in 2013. On a side note iIn 2013 volume 37 of Berserk came out. Besides that speaking of health issues, Miura for sure had health issues in the past. He was once commenting in young animal how he was only having 4 hours of sleep (that was when he had strict deadlines though) for one full month, but despite having health issues he never stopepd working, hence it was always the opposite he was overworking. The publication pace slowed down since 2006, it is not something new. Miura countless times apologized for the breaks in young animal and i don't thinck that he has to that in every issue in which Berserk appears.

You're making my point for me, with Gigantomakhia. He can put it out at one pace, and Berserk at a different (much slower) one. There has to be a reason for it, and the ever slowing pace of Berserk in general aside from health (unless it rapidly improves for a new sci-fi series as opposed to Berserk). I already invested a lot of money into this franchise, so I'm sticking it out, but I'm not going to drink the kool aid either.

No im not making your point here. The change of publication has been pretty much the same for Miura and that since 2006. One volume a year (except in 2012, in which Miura still was able to finish up the volume, the volume got shortly after released in 2013) and that has not changed.
Apr 21, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2014
retrogamer32x said:
This thread was about everything since 2012, though, no one was arguing about 2006-2012 in the first place. I'm not sure where you're going with this, the OP was talking about the recent drop off.

Sure, still does not change the fact that we got 2 volumes in the last 2 years which all goes down to what i have been saying earlier about Miura. 2015 hasn't ended yet, so we don't know if we will get a volume or not.
Apr 21, 2015 4:31 PM
Apr 2015
amateur said:

hopefully you are joking

And to OP
I started reading Berserk a week ago so waiting won't be that hard (seeing as some have been reading it for years) but I still hope Miura picks up the pace
Apr 21, 2015 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
I droped Berserk a long time ago.

Berserk still is my favorite manga but it doesn't interest me anymore.
Apr 23, 2015 8:08 AM

Jul 2011
I have belief in Miura that chapters will be released more consistently soon, it's just a matter of time before then..
Apr 23, 2015 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
I will forever wait on a new berserk chapter. :(
Apr 23, 2015 7:56 PM

Mar 2015
At this rate he's going to die before we make it off the boat. :(
jimbob1141 said:

I agree, and also if you're a fan of Nana.
Apr 26, 2015 3:32 PM
Jun 2014
It's been a couple of weeks since I made this thread, still no new chapters.

Apr 26, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
Lash_ said:
It's been a couple of weeks since I made this thread, still no new chapters.

Hasn't been a chapter since September, don't get your hopes up.
Apr 26, 2015 3:42 PM
Apr 2015
Yup you should say RIP Berserk, that is the smartest way to go. Heck I did the same thing to HxH. I don't even think about them, if they come its good, if not its okay. To me I treat them like a completed manga.
Apr 28, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
My favorite two mangas are Hunter X Hunter and Berserk.... -.- thinking about just ending my life now.
May 4, 2015 3:52 AM
Jun 2014
Dragon88 said:
Yup you should say RIP Berserk, that is the smartest way to go. Heck I did the same thing to HxH. I don't even think about them, if they come its good, if not its okay. To me I treat them like a completed manga.

What's up with HxH? Is that dead too?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Artstyle is not everything, story matters!!! ( 1 2 )

CoffeewithEdgawa - Apr 7

78 by silverhand123 »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

» Why Griffith Did Nothing Wrong Part 1 ( 1 2 )

Sichlitt - May 29, 2023

94 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 13, 11:24 AM

» Trailer for fan animation coming next month

_cjessop19_ - Apr 9

11 by 18927 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 23 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

25 by selasgamer »»
Apr 8, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 21 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

30 by selasgamer »»
Apr 8, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.