Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2015 9:34 AM
May 2013
Dont get me wrong i dont have an issue with people not liking a genre but if you dont like it why watch it then write a shitty review about it i feel that kills the whole rating system imo thats why i tend not to review cause i dont want to put a bad review out cause im bias on a way someone else might think or like
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
Jealously from MC-Kun

Or Jealously from the attractive girls.
Apr 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Oct 2012
They're thirsty and don't want to admit it.
Apr 1, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2013
They want to look smart by taking on easy targets as opposed to watching titles worth their time
Apr 1, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
Because its wish fulfillment which never happens in reality...well mostly..
Apr 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
They have good taste?

HA HA HA HA!
Signature removed for being too cool. That signature was too cool. Please make something less cool to use, following stuff defined in the Site & Forum Guidlines.
Apr 1, 2015 9:41 AM

Jul 2011
Because the MC it's dense and generally their plots can be resolved in just 3 episodes?
PralandApr 1, 2015 9:44 AM
Apr 1, 2015 9:42 AM
May 2013
HikoSeijuroXIV said:
They have good taste?

HA HA HA HA!

But that shouldnt matter in a review it shouldnt be bias when you write a review cause then its not a fairly written review
Apr 1, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
chat77 said:

Where do you think the word 'harem' came from?
Apr 1, 2015 9:44 AM
May 2013
Praland said:
Because the MC it's dense and generally their plot can be resolved in just 3 episodes?

But most animes dont even get to the actual story untill like ep 6 or 7 anyway so whats the point of watching somthing that has no real reason to the story then when your finally half way through the series your like oh thats what im watching it for
Apr 1, 2015 9:45 AM
May 2013
Lancehot said:
Is this one of those if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything threads?

no you can say what you want but i like serious answers just like people who actual can respond with an intelligent answer
Apr 1, 2015 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
Because not everyone falls under the target audience for harem anime, yet plenty of studios spend tons of money on pointless harem stuff instead of producing series that appeal to a larger audience and can objectively be considered good (have good writing, characters, plot etc)

Though I just dislike harem, hating on it takes too much effort, got other things to do.
Apr 1, 2015 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Darkfox55 said:
Dont get me wrong i dont have an issue with people not liking a genre but if you dont like it why watch it then write a shitty review about it i feel that kills the whole rating system imo thats why i tend not to review cause i dont want to put a bad review out cause im bias on a way someone else might think or like

They aren't hating harems, just that particular show....
Apr 1, 2015 9:48 AM

Feb 2015
tsudecimo said:
chat77 said:

Originate from Western Asia....that much I know.... why?
Apr 1, 2015 9:48 AM

Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
HikoSeijuroXIV said:
They have good taste?

HA HA HA HA!

So you're gay then?

HA HA HA HA!

whats wrong with gay its 2015
Grow the Fuck Up.
Respect Other People

Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
chat77 said:
tsudecimo said:

Because they exist in real life.
Apr 1, 2015 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
chat77 said:
tsudecimo said:

I thought it come from the Arabic word "Haram" which means forbidden or proscribed by Islamic law.

Apr 1, 2015 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
tsudecimo said:
chat77 said:

Thats why I said...well mostly

They are kinda existing now in those Western Asia regions well as Taiwan and all those places.....one guy has 56 wives or something....
Apr 1, 2015 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
Well, it's mostly a shit genre imo but your real question should be why do they still watch it, not why do they hate it. And that I can't answer.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 1, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
Lancehot said:
tsudecimo said:

A harem anime modeled on the Sultan's harem would be interesting. I expect the men's rights lobby would like it, since any girl slapping the MC for looking at her boobs would be dead before she could exclaim "baka! hentai!"

Now that I would like to see.
Signature removed for being too cool. That signature was too cool. Please make something less cool to use, following stuff defined in the Site & Forum Guidlines.
Apr 1, 2015 9:56 AM

Mar 2013
Harem anime aren't hated. Look at titles like Monogatari, Clannad and NisekoI, and Oregairu. A lot of people like them.

It is just a few studios seem to put out a new harem anime every season, that is low budget and relies on popular archetypes, but doesn't really offer anything new, exciting or it finds itself relying too heavily on PLOT and not enough on plot or character growth.

Like visual novel adaptions shoved into one cour shows.
Apr 1, 2015 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Ginpika said:
Harem anime aren't hated. Look at titles like Monogatari, Clannad and NisekoI, and Oregairu. A lot of people like them.

Only Nisekoi is an actual harem.
Apr 1, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2013
Most of the harem shows are unoriginal and don't have good writing. Same could apply to a lot of other shows, but it's very noticeable in harem anime. (I don't hate on harem anime btw, I dislike it but there are some harem anime that I find enjoyable.)
KnowlesApr 1, 2015 10:09 AM
Apr 1, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:
Ginpika said:

I think Monogatari and Clannad could be called harems too, (haven't seen Oregairu). Though I can't say I thought much of Clannad, Monogatari was pretty good.
Apr 1, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
Cuz dat fer herny birgin tenagers wth no sex lief kek lol.
Apr 1, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
Well, I think because it tends to copy-paste itself a lot. I mean, how many red/pink haired loli(or super well endowed) abusers tsunderes do we see as the main lead in a harem show? How many really dense leads who don't know what the girl wants when she's standing there naked? Or the really perverted MCs?

Apr 1, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
Why not? Harem is so special that cannot be hated??
Apr 1, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki is the only anime that has done it right.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 1, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2012
HikoSeijuroXIV said:
tsudecimo said:

I think Monogatari and Clannad could be called harems too, (haven't seen Oregairu). Though I can't say I thought much of Clannad, Monogatari was pretty good.

Haven't seen Nisekoi (planning to tho, looks like fun), but girls of Monogatari are THE best written characters I've come across not only in anime. Very real, I found myself and my female friends in them which happens rarely.
Oregairu is more of a love triangle? And it's not so forced, like they have development and overall there's an idea and story. Also, Hachiman is not some run of the mill harem protagonist which is also a plus.
Didn't like Clannad very much. Yosuga no sora and Saekano were so-so. Maybe, if I were a delusional 14 year old boy I'd love them tho.

Apr 1, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
I dont hate harem anime. i hate harem that have mainstream plot.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 1, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Cabron said:

I haven't seen it yet, but you're probably right.

Not only were Anime girls hotter back then, but the harem genre was still young, and fresh.

Apr 1, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
The thing is the problem you mentioned is not unique to the harem genre.
It happens with pretty much every genre where people watch an anime despite not liking the anime in question and instead of dropping it and moving on they continue watching it.
And afterwards making a major rant about it.
Which usually creates a lot of problems.
I don't mind people having a negative opinion about a certain anime or genre but you don't have to completely bash it.
And continuing to watch something you don't like usually makes your opinion about it a lot worse and you could probably spend your time in a better way.
There is no shame in dropping something you don't like as a mater effect your doing people who like the anime a favour.
Apr 1, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
HikoSeijuroXIV said:
ichii_1 said:

So you're gay then?

HA HA HA HA!

Yeah, you interested?

*unzips*

Sorry I'm not going to hell XD

I can't see anything down there btw ;)
Apr 1, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Lancehot said:
Working_Designs said:

Not only were Anime girls hotter back then, but the harem genre was still young, and fresh.

It's okay. Of course then the creators fell out & the guy left in creative control decided that Ryoku was too assertive to be a "realistic" female character, a lesson pretty much every harem anime since has taken to heart.
This is about Masaki Kajishima(the creator) right? Since it's already been proven that wasn't the case.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 1, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
They are usually set in boring highschool, the mcs are usually pussies, a tsundere and a loli are usually thrown into the harem so it makes sense why they would get hate. They would get less hate if the mc was a good looking , confident adult guy using sweet talk to pick up women. Basically a guy like Dandy as a harem lead. They would also be interesting if they focused on a king or sultan during medieval times having a harem instead of some teenaged loser in highschool.
Apr 1, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
Working_Designs said:
Cabron said:

Love Hina and Aa Megumi-sama! (aka Ah! My Goddess) where also pretty good.
But Tenchi Muyo and Aa Magumi started airing 20 years ago and Love Hina 15 years ago when the genre was pretty young so like you mentioned the genre was still fresh.
But since then every season had at least 3 to 8 new harem titles which effected the genre in a negative way and it's hard to find harem anime that really stand out.
Story and setting is often very similar the characters are often stereotype in particular the main characters lack renewal.
Despite this the genre is very popular which is why so many new harem anime air every new season.
Apr 1, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
Because they all are the same, hardly differ from one another.
Most MCs are bland and boring and loved for no reason whatsoever.
They never have any real plot outside of 'omg who will win! XXX should win because she's cute and has big boobs no YYY because tomboy masterrace'
Almost all of them lack any conclusion and after you watch them you feel like you wasted time.

I'm not exactly hating on the genre, there are some I like (DxD) or even love (bakemonoagatari) but most are generic as fuck and a waste of time
Apr 1, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
I personally find 1% of harem shows decent @_@; TWGOK and Bakemonogatari for example. The rest is usually low budget and has a plot that was written with no effort.

Apr 1, 2015 12:40 PM

Nov 2010
Because it never gets to anything and 95% are pretty much the same except for the hair color.
Apr 1, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
They would also be interesting if they focused on a king or sultan during medieval times having a harem instead of some teenaged loser in highschool.

Which reminds me
I once read a novel about some kind of king in India and his harem and it was pretty intense, like he truly loved this one girl but of course slept with 10+ other girls and she had to watch it or something, kinda graphic and sad?!! Like, why is shit like 50 shades popular when we have this literature around. I'm serious.

Apr 1, 2015 2:44 PM

May 2014
everything that SCREAMS otaku is the equivalent of shit from my perspective.
Harem anime for the sake of THE Harem itself is one of those things ....
Apr 1, 2015 2:53 PM

Jan 2015
Most harems are the same thing. If I did not find anything interesting in an anime, I will give it a low score. The system allows me to do it and I will do it every time I spend time watching stuff that I consider bad.
Apr 1, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
The two best harem animes ever are

White Album 1

Nyan Koi

They are also great animes overall
Apr 1, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2012
you rarely find any good harems nowadays.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 1, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
They're gay or jealous women.

Hate to break your bubble, but I doubt many women are jealous of drawings.
Harems get a lot of hate on these type of forums and the users are mostly male (straight probably).
Apr 1, 2015 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
Salxer said:
ichii_1 said:
They're gay or jealous women.

Hate to break your bubble, but I doubt many women are jealous of drawings.
Harems get a lot of hate on these type of forums and the users are mostly male (straight probably).
It's usually because they want the MC to hook up with one of the girls because it's "realistic" aka it's wish fulfillment of what they'd do if they were in that situation.
Apr 1, 2015 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
What the anime world needs is a harem like School Days

BUT!!!!

Instead of Makoto, we have a female MC and acts like Makoto with other dudes.
Apr 1, 2015 3:29 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Cause harems are generally the same and are boring aye
Apr 1, 2015 3:51 PM

Jul 2011
Because it gets repetitive and predictable but once in a while a good harm will come along with a decent plot.
Apr 1, 2015 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
Because it's a very broad term and most people that don't like the term harem in general lump the entire genre in the same nope pile.

Especially when ecchi is dragged along with it a lot of the time just for shits.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 11 minutes ago

6 by Absurdo_N »»
3 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

124 by FFandMMfan »»
53 seconds ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 1 hour ago

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

19 by velvetnyan »»
16 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

194 by KeyiOs »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.