Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2015 3:17 AM

Oct 2013
Ahhhh..... man the feels are strong with this one... loved the episode... bit disappointed that Makishima did so comparatively bad... I guess they showed his importance through his mentoring of Onoda... wish they addressed the bottle with Manami & Onoda... wish they addressed Midousuji and Ishigaki's feelings on not making it... a few things coulda been better, but heck, this world aint perfect, and that's something Yowapeda really showed us :)
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Mar 31, 2015 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
The race is over and as expected Onoda won! I'm disappointed because it was Onoda winning, I wanted the 3rd years to be the ones leading them to victory. The Akiba trip was fun to watch though.

The season kind of dragged on, 24 episodes on 1 day of a race is too much. It was filled with flashbacks though and creepy Midosuji but it still felt like it was stretched too much.

I think there is enough material for a third season but I don't know what else could happen tbh.
Mar 31, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
tatsujin76 said:
The trope in sports anime is that the MC's team loses its first big competition, so I'm fucking glad that YowaPeda broke that mold.

I love this show, and I loved this ending. 9/10

S3 when?

Hakone now has a lot of motivation, so wouldn't it be amazing if Sohoku laid back for the next Inter High because of hubris, for Hakone to snatch a win, and then Onoda, Naruko, and Imaizumi coming back as third years to win their last Inter High? I mean, we know they'll win their last Inter High, but that's it goes for all sports manga/anime, what's interesting is the journey in these cases.
Which is different than the sports trope in the US. The MCs are considered the underdogs and, in the US, we love the underdog. This means that the team will win it all. Just look at the movies like "The Bad New Bears" or "The Mighty Ducks" (trying to think of a recent sport movie). Seeing the MC's team lose was a breathe of fresh air to me.

Now compared to "Haikyu!", I didn't expect the team to get very far. They were rebuilding and found a few great players. YP was the same way, but the team was strong to begin with. Why shouldn't they have won? I was thinking that a 3rd year would be the winner. Onoda is the MC so why not him? LOL
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 31, 2015 5:21 AM

Sep 2010
I liked the ending. It's reactively good anime ending considering that there won't be another season.

If there will be however then this ending could be different. This ending on the other hand says, it's all right if it's the last episode.

Whatever Onoda winning is strange or not is another discussion but there is no particular reason why he shouldn't give how chaotic that race was.

If anything I really wouldn't like the ending that is happening quite often lately where MC is the first year and goes for the tournament with Senpais. Then the first year they lose and then get ready for the second. While this format is good, it's been overdone lately so the really random win for Onoda is better.
Mar 31, 2015 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Love it. Come on we need S3, the manga definitely have the materials for it, since the production team is so good at dragging out stuff.
How do I signature?
Mar 31, 2015 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
I'm not really that satisfied lol
I need season 3.
Onoda's supposed to return Manami's bottle since he won....

The Akiba part was really funny XDD
Mar 31, 2015 7:26 AM
Oct 2007
No other anime this season came in as intense as this show despite the imba snail pacing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2015 8:54 AM
Nov 2012
Since a lot of people are wondering where is the bottle is.
Here are several pages that I translated for the bottle spoilers.
http://imgur.com/a/jAV4Z
This scene is about 2 chapters after the end of the inter-high, that's why we couldn't see it in the anime.
Mar 31, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2014
shinybenc said:
Since a lot of people are wondering where is the bottle is.
Here are several pages that I translated for the bottle spoilers.
http://imgur.com/a/jAV4Z
This scene is about 2 chapters after the end of the inter-high, that's why we couldn't see it in the anime.

I totally wish this was animated!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 31, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2011
Well I knew Onoda would win, but I was still pretty happy about it. Imaizumi would have been a better choice though, imo.

The Akiba scene. :)

Uh... where does the series go from here? They already won the inter-high, basically the nations, right? So... o.O
Apr 1, 2015 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
As great a finale as you'll ever see anywhere, i know there's hardly any suspense to be gotten since it's the author that'll have the final say and not really a character's 'efforts' but they really presented it well enough for me to be excited about it, in general i'm a sucker for when the underdog wins so i would have enjoyed it no matter how they approached it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 1, 2015 2:37 AM

Oct 2014
The most cliche of all endings. Still an ok experience throughout the season, i do think the flashbacks were a little long. They'll probably make a season 3 if they have enough content to work with (i dont read manga)
Apr 1, 2015 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Manami should have won (given the finally situation), but for some reason they wanted to make him out to be a bit of an idiot at the end of the race which seemed pretty cheap since he was such a cool dude throughout the show.

I guess my main gripe with the show is how they blatantly fucked over other characters so Onoda could win. Other than that the race was way too long, it was like watching a Dragonball Z fight or some shit. I stilled enjoyed it but it would have been better if it had shorter racing spans and a bit more character interactions like the earlier part of the series.
There's no need for all this tension.
Apr 1, 2015 5:23 PM

Oct 2011
Onoda won!!!! Tears of joy T___T

Presents for the senpai bawled my eyes out T__T

S3 PLEASE
Apr 2, 2015 11:28 AM
Apr 2013
Mirorin said:
Uh... where does the series go from here? They already won the inter-high, basically the nations, right? So... o.O

Here's the spoiler
Apr 3, 2015 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
I love all the characters so much I knew I'd tear up no matter who won. Here's to hoping for a 3rd season!
on my way to steal yo girl
Apr 4, 2015 3:08 AM

Mar 2014
What an absolutely beautiful finale! While i wish the race had finished last episode so that the tension hadn't been broken, it still gave me goosebumps as they crossed the finish line. Also the epilogue was down very well so 5/5 for the episode.

The plot was.....a race. A race that took 24 episodes. Ah what the heck it had enough twist and turns to keep it interesting with lots of amazing moments spread throughout, so i have no problems there.

Characters were all very well done. While Onoda is slightly still a bit too wimpy for my tastes, his development was phenomenal. All the other characters were great too, with lots of flashbacks fleshing them out. The team dynamic was also very well done. Only problem was the Hiroshima team which felt slightly fillerish.

The music was AMAZING! The soundtrack was so damn good, possibly my favorite OST in a while.

The art and animation really improved from the first season, the mix of 2d and 3d animation was integrated far better. No major flaws with the animation.

Overall this was one show that got my hyped every single week and was a blast to watch. All the build up from season 1 payed of tremendously making this far better than the first. This show receives a 10/10 from me.

Looking forward to the movie that's coming out later.
WadeosApr 4, 2015 3:12 AM
Apr 5, 2015 4:27 AM

Jun 2011
Drizzy_Drake said:
This season was such a slog to get through. 40+ episodes on a single competition?! Whatever bro. Overdrive had the same problem, but at least it had half the episodes this did.
It's not even about the length, it's about the repetitiveness of the poorly thought out drama and tension.

tatsujin76 said:
The trope in sports anime is that the MC's team loses its first big competition, so I'm fucking glad that YowaPeda broke that mold.
Not to say it was well executed though. That development was terribly forced.

If this show gets a 3rd season I hope it stays on the surface of the ground of reality just like the beginning of Yowapeda. This show now left nothing I liked about it in the first place.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 6, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2008
Onoda takes the 1st place and thus Team Souhoku wins the Interhigh!
hmmm Manami said: "I LET him get ahead." so he really LET Onoda win???!?
The way Manami looked when he said "Omedetou" to Onoda looks soooo GAY!
The way Makishima hugged Onoda was cool but Onoda looks like a child the way Imazumi carried him! hahaha!
Sugimoto looks like a twit! he says that he has seen Onoda crossed the finish line with his own eyes but Aoyagi corrected him that his hands are covering his eyes...nyahaha!
Those where such flooding manly tears by Naruko and Kinjou! LOLed when Naruko said that Kinjou is like a broken record!
LOLed on Tadokorocchi because he stole the Mic and shouted Kinjou's name like there's no tomorrow!
Standing on the stage all five of them are victoriously happy but Makishima is crying haha!
Arakita comforted Izumida because Hakone is counting on him next year.
Midousuji...just lie and rest there, serves you right. (he sounds like an Undead Zombie! haha!)
Onoda was so enthusiastic on about where they would go...only to find out it was Akihabara...all of them knew it! (Naruko: "yappari") hahaha!
Walking on the streets of Akiba...three 1st years are OK with it but the other three 3rd years are almost ashamed of it! nyahaha!
Onoda picked a shaved figure to Kinjou because it matches his character!
This is the funniest part! wherein Tadokoro sang with Onoda and he doesn't even realized that he remembered the lyrics of HIME HIME!
And for Makishima, Onoda gave him a keychain which resembles a spider...because Makishima looks like a spider same with his slenderness. and Onoda doesn't know how to stop blabbing!
Dat Onoda's tears of joy!
and oh...Onoda gave 10 keychains to Makishima because he is the one who gave the most climbing advice/help.

That endcard...why is the jersey of Onoda's mother named "Hiroshima"?
and who is that on the right most with a halo? Midousuji's mom??
matias067Apr 6, 2015 9:44 AM

Apr 10, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
I was about to give this season a 6/10 but this episode alone was worth the 23 episodes before it. Simply beautiful.

My favourite parts about this season are:
1. Arakita
2. Midosuji backstory
3. Sohoku winning
Apr 18, 2015 9:06 AM
Jun 2008
So many happy and heartwarming moments! Loved it! ^-^
Apr 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Nov 2009
It's nice and refreshing to see the protagonist and his team win on the first try instead of obligatory defeat to motivate them to become stronger, so I'm actually happy to see Onoda win.

Overall, an exciting season - although the pacing was a torture when watching weekly, it turned out incredibly fun when marathoned. Also, I definitely want some of those bgms.

Hoping for s3 some time in the future.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 25, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2012
should've been 12 EP...

lots of powerful moments

the outro shorts were awesome as always

7/10 for me
Apr 25, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2008
Drizzy_Drake said:
And I'm still butthurt my boy Midousuji went out like a bitch.

Like a bitch? Akira went out like a CHAMP. The odds were completely stacked against him, he had only one helper, and he STILL gave both Manami and Imaizumi a run for their money.
May 1, 2015 2:13 AM

Mar 2012
I actually wanted to see the scene where they explain things to Onoda mama in the anime. Too bad they omitted it. :/

It was very good though, overall.
May 17, 2015 1:32 AM
May 2012
Another one of those great sports anime, Onoda was simply amazing.

9/10
May 18, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
Best bicycle series that i watched! Was a total blast marothoning the whole season X'D The music and the OST were fantastic, really reminded me of the classic 80s style <3 I hope there would be another season in the future since the manga still continues on from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Solid end 8/10 enjoy every thing in the series the overtopness really great
Jul 12, 2015 8:41 AM
Aug 2011
I loathe absolutely LOATHE how overexaggerated these characters get at times.
I cringe, I fucking cringe at some of the shit Midousuji pulls.
Despite all that I thought the ending.

I kinda almost hated Onoda as well- which is a shame, it's just that he never shut his mouth.
Not in the "he talks a lot" kind of way (even though he does cry a lot about random things happening) but like he actually never closed his mouth. The screencaps you could take of Onoda's mouth being open in surprise or shock is staggering. Stop please.
Oct 7, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
What a drag! This was beyond normal sport anime. Only reason to watch was Midousuji, since he was an amazing villain and his motivation was at least somehow realistic.
6/10
Oct 14, 2015 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
ONODA WON!! The MC won! Well at least he won, damn it. I was actually rooting for him to win this race. ;;; I was waiting for Onoda to return the bottle to Manami tho~ I hope they can show it in Season 3, now that it's already been announced. Still I'm glad that I picked up this anime. The pacing is really slow but the tension is so high.
Dec 14, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2014
rozz627 said:
People saying that it was expected that Onoda will win.

While i'm still uncertain until the final stage, but the moment Imaizumi pass the baton to Onoda, i know that Sohoku will end up as the winner..

Anyway, i binge watched the 2nd season of Yowapeda for 2 days, and while it has a lot of flaws (Power of Friendship>everything, Spirit&Determination>Strength&Ability, some annoying characters, etc).. ironically it's still highly entertaining for me.. The back story of the characters which seems a lot of people complain about is actually works for me.. It's good that even a side characters got a back story since it made me care for the characters..

We got 3 antagonist team which are Hakogaku, Kyoto Fushimi, and Hiroshima ones.. The Hiroshima ones is pretty underwhelming and i don't found them interesting.. Kyoto Fushimi got the infamous Midousuji.. while he's fucking annoying and irritating to watch (get tired of his gross line although ironically he's the ones who gross :/) but at least he serve as good antagonist and do his role very well, Hakogaku though, it's one of the most interesting antagonist team to date (even compare to other sport anime) since each characters in this team got a proper back story and depth for their characters..

Anyway, for the episode itself, it's a great ones.. While i don't think winning the Inter High would be a good choice (except they will go with national team route or something) it's still execute very well.. Nice to see the 3rd years finally be able to stand on the podium.. The last 3-4 minutes scene though, i think it's the most hilarious scene in Yowapeda to date, with Onoda ask all members to akihabara and even buy them several merchandise (lol'd for Makishima got spider-like keychain and Jin sing Love Hime XD XD)

Episode : 5/5
Series : a solid 8/10 for me.. Seems they already plan for 3rd season for them, can't wait to see what kind of development that Yowapeda will have in the 3rd season since they already win the whole things in Grande Route..
Izanagi777Dec 14, 2015 10:56 AM
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jan 14, 2016 8:39 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, it was such a great ending. I swear I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest at certain points! I can't even tell you how many times I screamed into my palm from sheer excitement/frustration/etc.

I both love and not love the fact that Onoda won. On the one hand, I don't find it 100% plausible (it helps that his opponent was Manami and not a third year, though), but on the other hand, I freakin' love Onoda and I was stoked that he brought the team to victory.

And can I just say how relieved I am that they won? Because that's always hit-or-miss when it comes to sports anime, and while I can appreciate it some of the time (it wouldn't be very realistic otherwise) I think I would have started sobbing and/or broken something if Sohoku had lost.

Overall, it was just a really good season/season finale. My only real complaint is that there were waaay too many flashbacks. I ended up skimming most of them in the latter episodes, tbh.

(Also also, Tadokoro singing along to the Love Hime theme song? So awesome!)
Mar 23, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2008
Thrilling journey full of emotions! 9/10.

May 5, 2016 8:18 AM
Dec 2015
I almost shed a tear when he took the team to Akiba, that was beautiful man.

Loved it, loved everything about it.
Can't lose if you don't play
May 7, 2016 7:46 AM

Dec 2012
An expected but very much satisfying conclusion to the race. The demonstration of Manami's mental fortitude was superb and the neck to neck battle at the end had me at the edge of my seat. That ecstatic feeling of serenity and quiet after the race contrasts the monstrous effort needed to get there. I like the way Manami's team handled his loss. Obviously he respects Onoda but being beaten to the peak was going to be crushing. On the other hand, Onoda taking his team to Akiba was a riot. It just goes to show that even though he goes at his own pace with the anime talk, they're on the same wavelength when it comes to cycling.

This second season certainly didn't disappoint. I was a bit skeptical with the introduction of Miya & Team Hiroshima, but once that was taken care of the second half shifted to gear 10 and kept me pedaling through the rest of it. While it could get repetitive and predictable at times, the constant elimination of racers on the road to the top was still very much compelling. Yowamushi really brought cycling to life and has cemented itself as another inspiration for myself. The ost is definitely going in the playlist for my Monday workout, top notch.

9/10
Jul 18, 2016 2:37 AM

Feb 2013
Aw that was so good!!!!! I was so happy for Onoda! He tried so hard throughout the whole show. That and taking them to Akihabara was hilarious!

9/10

Excited to see the movie now, but I will wait until the morning....
Nov 10, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2015
That was a awesome ending. Many tears shred both happy and sad. But in the end Onoda won carrying his team'a jersey to the finish line and making his wish come true with him bringing friends over to Akiba. I guess I can't wait for Yowamushi Pedal : New Generation. Planning to tackle the movies now or later.
Feb 28, 2017 8:57 PM
Jan 2017
Perfect ending episode. From Onodas arms going up to the reactions of the rest of the team, the awards ceremony, hakones thoughts for next year already and Onodas real prize: to bike to Akiba with his friends. I laughed out loud with delight watching that.

On to season 3!
Apr 3, 2017 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
I'm glad my guess from the last episode that Sohoku would lose didn't turn out right. This was a nice ending. I really like Manami's character but I'm glad he lost esp. after that short bit at the start of the episode when Onoda was saying he wants to win for the team but Manami wanted to reach the peak for himself... at that point I somewhat knew already he'd lose. (Isn't that how it goes? :p)

Going to miss the 3rd years but I'm glad they won the Inter High before they retire.

Overall this anime was indeed enjoyable... even if it was difficult for me to watch. I took a break from this anime for a really long time until now and I finally finished it (mostly because I just wanted to get over it). IDK, I have this weird love-hate relationship with this franchise (the hate part mostly because I can't stand Onoda). I'm glad I finished it though.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 15, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
Onoda wins and he goes to akiba with everyone :'(
It was dragged out but the end was worth it 9/10
Jul 19, 2019 7:22 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Onoda, but damn that kid is strong to be able to outlast third years and his two friends Imaizumi and Naruko. I got to give it to Manami though, he did do his best in trying for the first position but Onoda was just too strong! But the MVP of the third day has to be Imaizumi who managed to keep his team's position at all cost, including defeating his strongest arch nemesis Midousuji. Speaking of Midousuji, I hope I will see him again in the future because he's such a ball of energy to watch. Hope those words by Ishigaki will encourage him to continue with the team and enjoy road racing more. I knew Onoda would take his friends to Akiba, he's such an otaku! I loved the part where he bowed and thanked his friends for introducing him to cycling and why he bought Makishima those many spidy things. Just beautiful!

Overall I enjoyed it a lot and I hope to see the movie next. Although that was the longest day I've ever seen in anime history, to be able to take more than twenty episodes to complete is amazing. Although it was long I still loved every moment.

9/10 hope to see it again.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 25, 2019 6:52 PM

Sep 2018
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it will take another 20 mins before they reach the finish line!!!! This is toooooooooooo long !!! The suspense is toooooooo long too wahhhhh! Congratulations Sohoku!!!!!!!!
The ceremony is too short!! That's it??

When Onoda said he wants to go somewhere.. I already know it's Akihabara lol
Jan 31, 2020 6:08 AM

Mar 2017
congratulations sohoku!!!! it's so funny that they went to akihabara together lmao

i kinda feel bad for hakone :<<

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 12, 2021 4:05 PM

May 2020
Ending was a bit cliche but I loved it! Every part of this show was so intense and full of emotion, I never felt bored or anything like that at all despite its slow pace and numerous flashbacks. As I was nearing the end of this show I ended up loving every character so much that I didn't care who would win the Interhigh. All of the characters are so loveable and great, and I really liked this show's emphasis on friendship, teamwork, and trust in others.

I have a background in cycling myself, so I am probably a bit partial to this show. But this show has had an effect on me like no other; it really inspires me to go out and ride my own bike. And because of that this show is truly special to me, and I really look forwards to watching what comes next (although I will really miss the third-years).
Mar 8, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
This was such an joyful episode, especially after such a tough battle that lasted 3 whole days. Sohoku and supporters gave it their all.

Considering the immense length of the race I think that a bit more aftermath would've been apt. Also should've included Onoda's mom to the celebration. Her cheers pushed her son during the last bit of the climb. That's my only gripe. The Akiba segment was funny and it's close enough to a trip with an anime club.

9/10

Simply love how over-the-top and wholesome this series is. Lots of fun characters with simple and engaging flashbacks. Also super catchy OST. Rewatching didn't take away from the tension. I even enjoyed it more because I was able to binge this time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2021 11:06 AM
Jul 2021
Did he forget about the bottle? Kinda disappointed he didn't make them sing Love Hime at the end going to Akiba, but loved it ><
Jul 27, 2021 3:59 AM

Jul 2015
Bit dragged out at times but truly awesome season. After all the effort by Sohoku members, carrying the everyone's hopes and dreams, with the power of Love Hime on his side ...the legend Onoda did it ..He went to Akihabara with everyone! ..oh and he won the Interhigh.

Jun 18, 2022 11:37 PM
Mar 2022
they won but welp I just wished it was atleast a third year not Onoda... luck really played a tons of parts in this season
Oct 12, 2022 2:43 PM
Apr 2021
En verdad el mejor capitulo y el mas emocionante con este final muy bien merecido<3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2014

63 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

74 by Shroombait »»
Dec 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.