Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 2015 8:50 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty confident in my picks this season. Only worried that I'm going to regret removing Nagato Yuki from my team. Hope it flops :p
Mar 29, 2015 9:13 PM

Oct 2014
Oh gad. I listed Nagato-chan and Ore Monogatari!! But i reregistered it. Wrong move. Now i should set my Strategy about the Swaps and Wildcard/Ace.
Mar 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
julyan said:
The reason I picked Yamada is also for the same reason. The manga is popular and what's more, it appeals to both gender. Not to mention that it has a somewhat intriguing plot in the beginning.

It's also a comedy which is a good thing and I can't wait for all the rage posts aimed towards LIDENFILMS for the super rushed adaptation like Terra Formars was.

Mar 29, 2015 10:25 PM

Apr 2013
I'm feeling good this season. I think I have a solid team.
Mar 30, 2015 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
Elmm said:
I'm feeling good this season. I think I have a solid team.
Same here.
Mar 30, 2015 2:26 AM
May 2008
Only active I'm a bit unsure about for my team is Yuki Nagato-chan; its PTW was decent and I think it could have a high score since at this point only the true believers are really left for that franchise, but it could also totally tank since other than the Haruhi tie, it looks pretty forgettable. I'm not planning to swap out at all, though - I'm just curious to see how well a person can do based solely on the five they pick for active. My bench is Vampire Holmes and Utapri Revolutions - hardly stuff that will be worth swapping out for. Only picked them since have to have a full seven.

I also decided that I have to give the first episode of each show I picked a go, which will be... well, I picked High School DxD BorN, but it isn't at all my cup of tea, so this should be an experience...
Mar 30, 2015 2:57 AM

Nov 2008
So, I'm quite happy with how my team turned out in the end. The four most fancied anime, plus a choice of 1 out of 3 dark horses for the final slot.

The one thing I might regret is not putting in SNAFU 2 over Plastic Memories when I realized you could actually pick one of the high-PTW sequels for your team, but I'm interested to see how far I can get without any sequels at all, which is why I didn't make that particular swap. I think I would have probably needed that or BORN for any serious chance at winning though, since they will build momentum much quicker than anything else.

Stark700 said:
Just curious but what are people's thoughts on Nagato Yuki and Hibike! Euphonium? I considered picking them at one point...
For me, I see Euphonium as the perfect bench anime. The studio and staff are really strong, so it will likely end up with quite a high score at the end of the season. It may be a little slow off the ground though, and is a second-week starter, which makes it even slower.

But since my team composition turned out to be the 4 most picked +3 wildcards/dark horses, Euphonium is pretty much perfect, as I should probably only really need to replace PlaMemo if it doesn't start well, and if Euphonium can't do that, then I have Ore Monogatari too. Even in that case, it will still be a really strong insurance policy in case one of my other, more popular starters ends up not doing very well.

I know you have doubts over Kekkai Sensen over the first two weeks, but "controversial" and "lots of attention" are probably the two things you want the most in those weeks, since you can score really high on discussion points without having to worry about score or dropped numbers. Remember Aku no Hana in Spring 2013?

As for Yuki-chan, I don't rate it highly at all. High PTW, but it's essentially a sequel with all of the handicaps that entails without the strength of continuity one gets from an actual sequel. Haruhi may be one of the biggest anime franchises, but I'm not sure how many of those PTW will be season followers. I honestly think Grisaia no Rakuen will end up finishing above it, since split-cour shows have a much easier time retaining viewers. The only thing Yuki-chan will probably have going for it is early discussion posts, but I imagine even these will run dry after the first couple of eps since it's a slice-of-life show with no plot to really discuss.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Mar 30, 2015 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
This is my first time participating so I hope I do okay. Good luck all!
Mar 30, 2015 4:35 AM

Sep 2014
This is my first time, too, so I haven't got any pressures.
Finishing this season with dignity is enough for me. Although, of course I want to do well still.

And my picks are slightly controversial competition-wise. I took some series that I'm more likely to like over those that could be popular but less likeable for me. Let's see how badly that shoots my own leg.

Good luck and happy sseason for you all!
quentarielMar 30, 2015 4:47 AM
Mar 30, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2007
Well, my team is certainly unique... but probably not in a good way.
Mar 30, 2015 6:08 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ME GONNA WIN
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 30, 2015 6:37 AM

Oct 2007
Luna_ said:
The team list in the second post was imcomplete (cut off because of the character limit). I've moved all teams that start with K to the first post now and added the missing teams to the second post. Now it should be correct! If you still find an error in your team or somewhere else please let me know. The stats remain the same because no teams were changed, they simply weren't displayed before.

Great, thanks for fixing! :)
Mar 30, 2015 8:01 AM
Nov 2010
Well, I'm pretty much taking a gamble on Vivid, Ghost in the Shell and Baby Steps ~ ~
Mar 30, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Many tough choices this time. I ended up choosing Yahari, but DxD's popularity was surprising; its been really consistent in terms of score and its apparently heading into some of its best material. However, I think Yahari's studio change is going to be an improvement, just going by the PVs.

I considered Arslan and Hibike!, but in the end I was confident enough in my active team that I took the riskier Punchline as a potential dark horse. Ore Monogatari was a must have; great source material and the ideal director for it. Even if the watching numbers don't climb that high, I think it will be in the top 5 in terms of score.

I figure Nagato will do well initially, but there will be a big drop off. The manga is cute, but not much else. If I could have included one more title on my team, it would be the other potential dark horse, Plastic Memories.
Mar 30, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
ooh i have an unique team =) pls this is my first time

good luck for everyone
To desire some results, one must take actions
Mar 30, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
Im not really sure what I was smoking when I made my team, but eh. Could be worse.
Mar 30, 2015 2:40 PM

Jun 2012
This will be my second time participating in the spring season :) Looking forward to it and hoping to beat my record from last year! I picked pretty obvious shows, but perhaps something will happen with one of my safeties and I can throw one of them in later on.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Mar 31, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
Seeing that I don't know a lot about any of the popular sequels, I did a little stats digging and estimated the number of people that would neglect each show from the first to the sequel- Yahari came out slightly above Nisekoi, with BorN trailing a good bit behind that. Even so, BorN is a bit of a question mark for me since I'm unaware of how loyal ecchi fans are and how much they discuss while the show is airing.

Even so, I'm quite confident in my team this time, and I think I've missed most of the obvious pitfalls, like Gintama. I'm also fairly certain that Yuki-chan won't do well in FAL since it's both a "sequel" and a spin-off.

I'm very happy with my bench too. Hibike! is both Kyoani and a music anime, so it has a good chance of taking off later in the season. Plastic Memories seems to have potential with decent PTW numbers too, so I'm comfortable with that as well.

I'm slightly surprised at all of the Dungeon picks, though. Am I missing something?

It seems my active team matches a few others this time.

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.
Mar 31, 2015 1:00 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
TripleSRank said:
Yahari came out slightly above Nisekoi, with BorN trailing a good bit behind that. Even so, BorN is a bit of a question mark for me since I'm unaware of how loyal ecchi fans are and how much they discuss while the show is airing.

I'm slightly surprised at all of the Dungeon picks, though. Am I missing something?

I predict Nisekoi and Yahari's stats to be relatively comparable. Both series' first seasons had a lot of discussion posts in the official ep discussion threads. Yahari may wind up with a higher watching count and does start earlier, but Nisekoi aired more recently, is more straight up ridic shounen antics, and has a good chance of being longer than a single cour (which means more discussion posts at the end of FAL). Both should remain somewhat comparable when you factor in discussion, watching/completed, drops, score and favorites. BorN's previous seasons didn't net much in the way of discussion posts. It'll have to get by on all other factors. Not to mention the amount of censorship will affect everything, as well as whatever the plot happens to be in this arc.

As for Dungeon... series with similar settings, both in reality and as a virtual/game setup, have done really well during their airing seasons.
NumiMar 31, 2015 1:05 PM
Mar 31, 2015 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
it's my first time create a team and i'm looking forward to it :) so good luck everyone!

Mar 31, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
Numi said:
TripleSRank said:
Yahari came out slightly above Nisekoi, with BorN trailing a good bit behind that. Even so, BorN is a bit of a question mark for me since I'm unaware of how loyal ecchi fans are and how much they discuss while the show is airing.

BorN's previous seasons didn't net much in the way of discussion posts. It'll have to get by on all other factors. Not to mention the amount of censorship will affect everything, as well as whatever the plot happens to be in this arc.

As for Dungeon... series with similar settings, both in reality and as a virtual/game setup, have done really well during their airing seasons.

BorN is supposed to air uncensored on AT-X, so I expect most (if not all) of the fansubs will be using those streams. Other than that, I don't know.

Ah, so it was the SAO/Horizon crowd. If I had thought about it that way, I might have reconsidered.
Apr 3, 2015 5:24 AM
Oct 2013
I guess my team is unique but hey this is my first time in FAL so it will be fun :) Good luck everybody
Apr 3, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good Luck Everyone.

I have a feeling I'm not going to do too well when one of my subs is in 25th place -.-

Apr 3, 2015 9:32 AM

Feb 2012
-Blonde- said:
Good Luck Everyone.

I have a feeling I'm not going to do too well when one of my subs is in 25th place -.-

Thats good right now. You'll get double points for watching right now. Possibility of 12000 instead of 6000
Apr 4, 2015 3:38 AM

Jul 2012
It seems that Digimon Adventures Tri got delayed... (probably will air on July, as I read somewhere on the internet) (April fools' joke probably...)

EDIT: not sure if what I wrote is true but it seems that it might not air this season.
SamiiApr 4, 2015 3:47 AM
May 6, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2013
Samii said:
It seems that Digimon Adventures Tri got delayed... (probably will air on July, as I read somewhere on the internet) (April fools' joke probably...)

EDIT: not sure if what I wrote is true but it seems that it might not air this season.
Digimon Adventure Tri confirmed for Fall...and it's not even going to be a TV.

orz
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
9 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.