Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2015 7:26 AM
Mar 2015
So I didn't get much out of my last thread so I decided to look for something else. I want a romance manga where both mc's are the popular students or both of them are talented in something that connects them or they're both strong if its an action/romance. I have not found anything like this. I guess I'd prefer a slice of life manga where the mc's are like a match made in heaven but don't get along at the start for some reason.
Important stuff:
-No Yaoi, Yuri or genderbender stuff
-No huge age gap, ex: student-teacher
-MUST HAVE A HAPPY ENDING
-I'd prefer no NTR
-Has to be completed
Thanks, Hope you can help me out.

EDIT: I guess nodame cantabile and superior kinda fit the bill to some degree but I've read those already.
BisasterMar 29, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 29, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2015
Last Game
Mar 29, 2015 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
GE: Good Ending
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 29, 2015 9:12 AM
Feb 2014
Furikusu said:
Last Game

+1

Mar 29, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
Oh I forgot to say that I need it to be completed, I really want to read last game though but it's not finished.
Mar 29, 2015 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
Yomeiro choice..
Mar 29, 2015 2:19 PM
Mar 30, 2015 5:57 AM
Mar 2015
Yeah Kare Kano is a good example. Any more like that?
Also on a unrelated note, how many chapters does last game have left and is it a monthly manga?
Mar 30, 2015 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
+1 Kare Kano
Definitely try Mars.
Mar 30, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Orange Marmalade
Mar 30, 2015 3:44 PM
Mar 2015
Thanks guys, anything else? There really doesn't seem to be many of them. ;-;
BisasterMar 30, 2015 5:27 PM
Mar 30, 2015 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
u have no list but here's a few:

Ane Doki
Ao Haru Ride
Cat Street
Bitter Virgin
Chikan Otoko
Hatsukoi Limited
Hetakoi
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
I"s
Ichigo 100%
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
The World God Only Knows
Kimi no Ichu Maru
Koisome Momiji
Love Hina
Nozaki Ana
Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite
Orange Marmalade
Pajama no Kanojo
Strobe Edge
Sunadokei
Suzuka
Tonari no Atashi
Uwagaki

Last Game is pretty good and I think its monthly (idk but its chapter definitely don't come out weekly)

I prefer completed manga too, but there are good ongoing ones that are just worth it so much, including: Last Game, Horimiya, Orange, and Domestic no Kanojo
Mar 30, 2015 5:51 PM

May 2012
MasterDetective said:
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
this has an age gap, student/teacher one
idk if thats worth mentioning
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Mar 30, 2015 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
lnfo said:
MasterDetective said:
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
this has an age gap, student/teacher one
idk if thats worth mentioning

I thought about that when recommending it but even if he doesn't like this type of story, he should still read it and will probably enjoy it
Mar 31, 2015 2:55 AM
Mar 2015
Thanks a lot, I'll have to check most of them out. At this point I'm very tempted to read last game since it looks like exactly what I'm looking for but I really shy away from uncompleted anime/manga. You can expect me to have watched popular romance animes so I don't really feel like reading the manga unless the anime itself doesn't conclude the story. Sorry for not having a list but I just read them of my Ipad and it's a hassle to make a list since I can't even properly remember most of the names. I probably dislike the age gap thing the most, well maybe second to yaoi.
Although Nozaki Ana Isn't exactly what I'm think of it's probably one of my favorite mangas out there so stuff like that is also ok with me.
Honestly what I'm looking for is some straight up cliche story about the perfect guy and girl getting together but they're at odds with each other for some reason. I guess stuff like special A or kare kano. Stuff like Superior was also good but I'd like the conflict be at the start rather than at the end for 1 chapter. Rough was pretty close too but damn the ending was incredibly unsatisfying, I kept looking for some hidden chapter or something, Nodame cantabile alost gets a mention since both of them were incredibly talented.
Anyways, thank you, I really appreciate it.

Edit: Ane Doki is also something I really don't want, the age gap is too big for me considering the age we're talking about. It also doesn't satisfy the main concern of the mc's being popular or talented or someshit.
BisasterMar 31, 2015 2:58 AM
Mar 31, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Ao Haru Ride!!!!
c:
Apr 1, 2015 9:02 AM
Mar 2015
Also stuff where they are forced to live together or to be together against their will and they eventually fall in love. I guess Nisekoi but without the triangle or Good Morning Call. If it has to be Harem I'd like it to have a clear end with one of them or with all of them.

I've also read Last Call and although it wasn't exactly like I wanted it, it was pretty good. I just wished it was completed.
Apr 1, 2015 9:20 AM
Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM
Aug 2014
Bisaster said:
Also stuff where they are forced to live together or to be together against their will and they eventually fall in love. I guess Nisekoi but without the triangle or Good Morning Call. If it has to be Harem I'd like it to have a clear end with one of them or with all of them.

I've also read Last Call and although it wasn't exactly like I wanted it, it was pretty good. I just wished it was completed.

that setting reminds me of house with the orange roof, it isn't really the most realistic story, but kinda heartwarming/cute i guess?
Apr 2, 2015 12:16 AM
Mar 2015
Well I've read Orange Roof and it was cute, also read Hapi Mari and it was decent but I just get the feeling I can't find that one manga that I'm looking for described in the OP. Oh well Mars is next.

EDIT: Mars is the first manga I ever dropped. I guess it's the fact that I couldn't find more chapters but then again I didn't really look for em. I get a feeling there's too much drama going on in that one.
BisasterApr 2, 2015 1:59 AM
Apr 3, 2015 3:58 AM
Mar 2015
Bump
Apr 7, 2015 9:00 PM
Mar 2015
Okay so I've been wondering if there's something like an all boys school and all girls school become co-ed? Kinda looking for MC's that don't know how to interact with each other in that exact setting. Just to make sure I don't want stuff like a boy from a normal school goes to an all girls school/recently made co-ed school or vice versa. Both MC's have to be from a previous same gender school, and I do insist that it's not just 1 guy/girl transferring but an actual merger of schools. I really hope there's something like this. The manga has to be completed and with a happy ending. I hope there's something like this out there. Thanks guys.
Apr 7, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
cherry juice
aaa
kimi no neiro
orange planet
chocolate
ao haru ride
tonari no kaibutsu kun
kaichou wa maid sama
kimi ga suki
hirunaka no ryuusei( theres a gap but its not that different tbh its like a few years only)
degeki daisy (not what youre looking for but its really good)
love berrish
blue (chiba kozue) its not finished but the feels are so real

theres honestly a lot of good mangas that arent completed

Apr 8, 2015 12:32 AM
Mar 2015
kuroanime said:
cherry juice
aaa
kimi no neiro
orange planet
chocolate
ao haru ride
tonari no kaibutsu kun
kaichou wa maid sama
kimi ga suki
hirunaka no ryuusei( theres a gap but its not that different tbh its like a few years only)
degeki daisy (not what youre looking for but its really good)
love berrish
blue (chiba kozue) its not finished but the feels are so real

theres honestly a lot of good mangas that arent completed

I read Last Game and that's about all I can take when it comes to unfinished manga. I tend to marathon through em so yeah. Also none of those seem to be even close to that co-ed thing I asked. ;-;
Apr 9, 2015 1:34 AM
Mar 2015
BUMP, Is there really nothing like this out there? ;-;
Apr 9, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2014
Suzuka
Apr 9, 2015 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
+1 Kaichou wa Maid-Sama
I love that manga and anime so much >w<

~You don't have to live forever, you just have to live!~

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

18 by mo_lave »»
39 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.