Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 4, 2016 8:19 PM

Dec 2013
after the fight everyone was in love and it felt good. I thought hawk died, damn. Ban and Meliodas still unsettled. Diana and King progress. thank god jericho didn't die! The marks in the end makes me eager to know more. and elizabeth's jump towards meliodas casually ditching a royal lunch is priceless, just priceless as gowther's smile in guilia's house. I LOVE THIS ANIME!!!! 10/10 FOR EVERYTHING! fuck you hendrickson or hand dick son!
Jan 5, 2016 11:38 PM
Jan 2016
Can you plz tell me the background song in episode 24… when meliodas fight with henrickson….. The song is played in between 4:00 to 6:00 minutes. ?!
Feb 3, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
Revenge Counter...damn...I mean, with the body count nearly at 0, I should have expected them to bring Miss Piggy back. Deep sigh, I just never found Hawk funny. Ah but with that out of the way, it was a nice wrap up to the final battle. It was able to settle clearing the Deadly Sins' names & saving the kingdom as well as leading on the possibility for more with the seeming loose ends surrounding the demons. I hope the new version that was announced for this year is in fact a direct sequel. That bit when Meliodas and the gang snatched up Elizabeth was funny, just like "time to live like a princess...lolnope." But man, that part with Liz was a nice final touch to summarize Meliodas's feelings in regards to his next adventure with Elizabeth.

Seven Deadly Sins is quite a title and certainly an eye catcher. A shame that the 7th didn't appear, but I can understand that they may want to keep him/her tucked away for now. I have to admit I was extremely skeptical about picking this up. The cover art was a huge turn off and frankly nothing about it even remotely interested me. I mostly picked it up on a whim and, as I suspected, it had a rather goofy, cheesy start. But something about it kept sucking me in and before I knew it, here I am typing a response for the final episode.

"Fun ride" can only do it mild justice, as this was just AGOEAIJEGAOIGJEAMVOIEAG. A great balance of comedy, drama, and well executed action sequences. The ost was superb and it's been a while since a Sawano soundtrack really came to life for me. I like his works but sometimes they all start to sound alike. If I had to describe it, I'd say it's like Fairy Tail's immature comedy meets Akame ga Kill's premise but does both better. The whole main cast (barring Hawk) was really vibrant and likable. Usually I like caring, relaxed characters like Elizabeth but sometimes she just came off as a tool. I'd say Ban is my favorite personality wise but I feel like King's backstory hit me the hardest.

A really unexpected treat, 8/10.
Mar 7, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
That was a great anime. I enjoyed it a lot. It looks like there is going to be a season 2 though. They won't leave a cliffhanger for nothing.
Mar 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Oct 2015
WHAT ABOUT ELAINE? I get that Ban and Meliodas decided to deal with it later. But they went beyond killing Meliodas (who was somehow a threat to the gods?) and killed Hendrickson who was a potential threat to wipe out the entire human race and bring back demons. I think Hendrickson was a bigger problem than Meliodas. They just didn't even address Elaine anymore. I was expecting when Ban said that he needed to go somewhere else at the end that, just maybe, he was going to go plant the seed Elaine gave him (because at this point I gave up on the hope of Ban going back to the goddess) But nope. Maybe if they showed a flashback of a good memory of Ban and Elaine that could have barely passed as a suggestion of him moving on after one final glimpse into the past. Nope. IMO they should have had Ban go back to the cave and the goddess would say something like "well you didn't do this, but you did an even greater service. He's your elven girlfriend back." But nope.

If this problem is addressed in the second season of the anime just tell me that and I'll be satisfied.

I give this anime 9/10. Not because there was anything bad in it. But you gotta reserve 10/10 for animes like SAO, because they just take the whole thing up a notch.
Mar 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
I disliked the asspulled resurrections. Particulary those of Veronica and Hawk. Both had been pretty strong moments and well... this seems like a betrayal.
On the other hand, it was neat to see Elizabeth do more, she has a secret magical power to her. Key to defeating Hendricksen.
The action was definitely great and the fight kicked ass. Meliodas final move was super badass.

Everything is back in place, the Sin's name cleared and the Holy Knights all united to rebuild the kingdom. I liked the ending as one for a standalone series. The conflict was resolved but the door is open for next adventures.A new series is confirmed so I am eager to see what comes next. Can't wait to see Camelot and more of Merlin, Arthur, and the final Sin of Pride. And there is the matter of what will happen with Ban and Meliodas.
A legitimately good series, 7/10.
Mar 24, 2016 12:24 AM

Oct 2012
Best character of entire series : Gowther.. Good luck *wink

Everyone are alive! What a happy day!
Still, RIP Dreyfus

Gowther is doing it! So evil, rewriting memories like that xD

At least it's kinda fun.. Even though the ending is really not really
Well the manga is still published, I did expect hanging ending
"Signature removed"
Apr 13, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2014
Everyone's Magic Power brought again Unification of the Kingdom grin emoticon
Master IS .. Alive ~ !! Youkata !! But it's small .
New love stories are reborn ~ !! Hail this Incredible DEVELOPMENT .
Boar Hat set foot to another journey ~ !!
PERFECT EPISODE . Precious memories ~ <3 .

"Seven Deadly Sins" Known to be the strongest , as well as Heroes .
They appeared as a bunch of unknown Identities , eventually led to it's formation and fame . They're also the funniest ~!! (Main Cast)
Superb Battle consistency and Humor , undeniable plot and great animation .
Worth the time and effort . I solidly wish for the release of the next season ~ <3 .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
This series was unexpectedly good. It satisfied each of its genre tags. The action was intense, it had fun adventure that took you to intriguing places, the fanservice added spice without overwhelming the flavor of the story, and the comedy (which should be included in the tags) was smart and hilarious.

Hawk was undoubtedly my favorite character, and I was glad when he was reborn. Yeah, it might have been kind of an asspull, but whatever. After 8 episodes of non-stop drama, the happy ending was more than welcome.

Episode: 5/5
Series: 8/10
Apr 24, 2016 4:30 AM

Nov 2014
This series was really unexpectedly good, haha really funny of how the Hawk somehow survives and turns into a smaller pig, they should really explain it haha, turns out he isnt a normal pig after all xD

and as for Jericho x Ban, that was a funny addition as well as Gowther, his smile at the end lol...

Good to see the Boar Hat is on another journey with all of them there, would like to see more of Elizabeth's power and some more info about Liz. Hope we can be a part of their journey in season two =)
May 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
a happy end ? very good, no need for a second season then.
cartoonartistMay 18, 2016 9:50 AM
May 21, 2016 10:12 PM

Feb 2013
Ah, that was great. Really good adaptation.

8/10
Jun 2, 2016 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
It's over. Finally. There were moments I LOVED it and moments when I ABHORRED it to my very core.

It's filled with so many shounen fantasy cliches that were either a hit-or-miss. I couldn't understand why there were so many koibitous/couples/lovers which is quite rare for a shounen.

The only revival I liked was Hawk's. I'm being biased because he's my favorite character in the series but I also liked that King saw Diane in her normal-sized frame. Mini Hawk is cute as fuck

Jericho's crush on Ban makes me barf but Guila's crush on Gowther makes me laugh.

I also liked the part when Veronica hit Griamore with her crutch as if saying, "Hey moron, I'm here."
臭い-
Jun 22, 2016 5:16 PM

Sep 2012
awhh little hawk is so cute.
Jul 6, 2016 9:31 PM

Oct 2008
Just finished waching the last episode from [Chyuu] subs...in preparation for the new Anime Seisen no Shirushi.... hmmmm but why new content/plot? instead of just sequel? Did this whole season NOT a faithful adaptation of the manga of Nanatsu no Taizai???
5/5.
10/10.

Jul 11, 2016 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
I knew that Hawk would survive... I didn't think that he would just do it without any explanation at all xD
So many pairings in the end though... Meliodas x Elizabeth, Ban x Jericho, King x Diane, Gowther x Guila, Gil x Margaret and that Muscle Guy x the third sister (I'm bad with names)
Overall a great anime, as usual I enjoyed it a lot more in the beginning, but still good :3 9/10
Jul 13, 2016 8:25 AM

Jan 2016
of course everyone is alive. jesus these last 2 episodes were fuckin horrible

5/10 story was shit but it was somewhat enjoyable
Jul 30, 2016 3:17 AM

Feb 2015
Lol, that was such a cliché way of ending the series, bringing back Hawk and Elisabeth's sister to life, but I still loved it. Overall, there wasn't much I disliked about this anime. It kind of did all the things I like from a typical battle shounen, and it did them all pretty well. On the other hand, it didn't really excel in any one way in my opinion. I'll have to go with a solid 7/10 for this one, and I'll probably check out the second season when it's coming out.
Aug 25, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
Seven Deadly Sins? More like 5 with a guest appearance there at the end.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Sep 5, 2016 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
what a surprise, hawk is asspulled back to life.

decent anime, i guess.

5/10
Sep 11, 2016 10:12 PM
Sep 15, 2016 1:51 PM

May 2012
I actually finished this while it was airing, but forgot to post my thoughts on it.

Really fun show. Reminded me of One Piece before it started going downhill after the timeskip. Most of the characters were good, but King was definitely my favorite. As enjoyable as he was, I never like when characters are revived, so Hawk coming back to life and negating the impact his death had on the other characters was pretty annoying. 8/10
Sep 24, 2016 11:57 AM
Sep 2016
Episode 5 "Even if You Should Die" is where Meliodas makes his promise to Elizabeth that they will find the 7 Deadly Sins together, where Elizabeth uses her abilities as an Apostle to heal the doctor/poisoner, and wee see the same flashback of the dying knight at the end of episode 24.
Oct 2, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2013
Hmmmmmm.....

Gowther's smile is a little eerie.

Liz said she'll see Meliodas again in the future ;O I wonder if she's inside Gowther. Or maybe Elizabeth is her reincarnation but I doubt it. HMMMMMMM........
Oct 14, 2016 11:41 AM
Mar 2016
im sooo glad hawk stayed alive. hes so cute. and i wished meliodas went all out on hendrickson but he didnt :////
Oct 19, 2016 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
Even though i marathoned this entire show in almost a days time (Wish i had my day back...) this show really is horrible. This started out really, really amazing. However toward the middle it started arcing itself out and then bringing itself back in to close the main story, middle part was incredibly boring, it just becomes evident the show relied on cool factor than giving a decently made story.

Let's talk characters, Elizabeth and hawk, Elizabeth was useful as the starting point for the show, but is quickly cast aside and is basically for the rest of the show the damsel in distress, it's just shitty writing to cast a side a main character once their use to advance a plot has passed. She's then used as a side attraction for cheesy ecchi scenes and dense moments and some little romance interest moments. If the show was a bit more mature, maybe her character wouldn't just be a display model for eye candy moments? The show seems to like to hint that she's possibly Liz's incarnation, which would be horrible. I could see her sister being the incarnation, but her and Liz's personalities and characters are two completely different types...but, lazy writing is lazy writing...

Hawk was pointless, lets be real, there was no real reason for Hawk to be in over half of the show once the show moved past the town hopping and left the bar portion, A quirky little side kick character given more air time than some of the cooler villains in the series that would be better choices to spend said air time on, or better yet, spend it on actually showing all 7 deadly sins would have been a start.

I don't know where in the story it just got very meh, I think after the festival fighting arena competition arc. It just started going downhill, the ending ass pull of everyone that dies should live because you know, the cool factor of the show means no one will give a shit really sucked too.

In closing, if i had to sum it up, I would honestly say this is a shittier version of the already meh show Akame, which had it's own share of godawful moments. However, in truth, I really can't distinguish one from the other, at all....
Venom900Oct 19, 2016 11:11 PM

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 4, 2016 11:07 PM

Sep 2015
Master Hawk😭😭😭😭 Is Alive But Smaller
@16:48 That was a weak Shokugeki no Soma reaction
@18:35 Gilthunder X Margaret Kissu :0
@18:40 Poor Griamor, lost his father ;-;

Gowther X Gilua is strong lol , the power of love!
Jericho be crushing on Ban after him saving her :3

Lol Elizabeth's family were so surpised as if she was running off to marry Meliodas

Aww Cliffhnager mystery ending and 7th sin needs to be found!
Jan 2, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2015
Hawk is alive! I'm SO glad he didn't die!!

Jericho is smitten with Ban, who would've thought right? And Guila seems to like Gowther, but he's hiding something and I don't like it...

That ominous ending though, I wonder what that symbol means.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 7, 2017 9:32 PM

Sep 2010
Hoping for a 2nd season, this series is a lot of fun. :D I could've done with less Hawk and ecchi scenes, though.
Toxic_MongooseJan 7, 2017 9:36 PM
Jan 8, 2017 10:27 PM

Feb 2014
Even with the best character of the series "dead" by her side wasn't enough to stop the:

"Meliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-sama"

Thankfully he was not dead, that pig ^_^

Haha, that girl don't think twice when the subject is Meliodas, her family is something secondary when it's about him....

My personal complain about this anime is Elizabeth and Meliodas relationship... really annoying. Specially Elizabeth obsession with Meliodas-sama.......Meliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-samaMeliodas-sama

Anyway, great shounen.
8-9/10
TechOtakuJan 8, 2017 10:34 PM
Jan 15, 2017 4:44 AM
Jun 2016
The characters are so endearing! Unique setting. Also quite funny.
Mar 1, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2016
God I love this show and especially Lord Hawk of the Scrap Disposal Order!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 29, 2017 11:51 PM

Jul 2015
I can't believe that I put this anime on-hold for almost half a year.. I stopped watching at around episode 7 because I lost interest, and only picked it up recently, and I must say.. I regret only picking it up now. This series was actually really good, good enough for me to want to pick up the manga.

Overall, I rate this a 8/10. To the manga readers, should I pick up where the anime left off in the manga, or start from the beginning?

caught in the wonder
Apr 17, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2015
Hmm... Hawk is alive??? I think that 4 clover birthmark/Tattoo may be a key for how he survived that ordeal... Ban & King going to visit Elaine grave (to mourn)...? Loved how it ended... with the mystery still surrounding Meliodas and we still have to meet one more Knight.

P.S.
I hope the trinity of Knights (Gilthunder, Griamore & Howzer) don’t make the same mistake as their predecessors (Hendrickson & Dreyfus) (ˇ_ˇ’!l)
Apr 23, 2017 4:55 PM
Jan 2014
Fairly enjoyable series, though it suffers from one of the problems present in a lot of other battle shounen. When you know that every death and major injury is going to be reversed, the stakes are never very high, and it's hard to make an emotional connection during these events.

I think there were more fake-out deaths in this series than there were episodes, not even counting Ban. If the author doesn't want to kill characters off, that's fine and perfectly understandable, just don't expect me to be fooled the 20th time you pretend it's going to happen.
May 11, 2017 5:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice finale gotta handle one of my fav japanese composer for another great OST for an anime, that reverse was BOSS!
Everyone revived, but how did exactly Hawk get soo tiny??

Ending was a nice closure till season 2.

There are better shounens but this was a highly enjoyable one, with some really crazy occurences happening from nowhere and taking my breath away, and the cast was vast enough, thank god there are other better characters than Meliodas.

Overall was a great package with awesome fights and good balance of scenes to make it feel fresh enough.

8.7/10
Sep 22, 2017 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
So, Veronica had a plot armor after all. Hawk too somehow magically got resurrected. Was it just him or did the other knights also turn into infants or something? And here I thought I've finally found a shounen with some balls. Then again, it's not like I wanted them dead, so, glad they were brought back.

But really didn't think I would end up liking this show enough to marathon it in 2 days (12 episodes at a time). Especially after how shounen-y and cheesy the first few episodes were. But thankfully the show got better after that, and really got interesting once Ban's backstory arc kicked in. Until then, I wasn't all that emotionally invested in the characters. All in all, it was an 8/10 for me.
Oct 7, 2017 5:23 PM
Aug 2007
Well, I really don't know what to think of this show, it has good moments, but it's a little bit.. average..

Let me start off with the good things. The art style is great, some very good looking characters and the animation is pretty good too for the most part.

There are some interesting concepts, like having a super strong group of fighters as the main cast (usually in shounen, the MC's are the opposite). There is an interesting lore to it, the demon clan, goddess clan, the fairies, the giants, normal humans with superpowers, hints of a human/demon mix, King Arthur is in it, and the main characters all have plenty of backstory that can be explored.

My main gripe with the anime is the fact that the battles are completely boring. The battles are supposed to be the thing you look forward to in a shounen and they mess it up completely in this.

First of all, the stakes are incredibly low. Pretty much nobody dies and nobody gets hurt. Getting stabbed, getting pierced, losing limbs, losing your head, none of it matters, everyone can regenerate, there are magic balls that will heal you in case you're not Ban with his immortality, or if you're not one of the demon people. And to top it all off, there is Elizabeth who can automatically heal everyone and even revive dead people.

Secondly, the power levels are all over the place. Meliodas is the leader of the legendary group of Holy Knights, yet we never see him show off his power. We never get to see this guy be the bad-ass powerful character that he's meant to be because he is constantly getting beaten up by every character he fights against. Yes, I get that most of them don't have their Sacred Treasure weapons, but you'd still expect them to be stronger.

There were many moments where I thought, "wait, I thought the this person was supposed to be more powerful than this?". Like, how in the hell did Guila take on 3 or 4 of the Sins single-handedly, but a few episodes later become completely useless?!

Gilthunder's power level is strange too. In the beginning he's on par with Meliodas, but by the end he's just fodder.

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed the story and most of the characters, didn't enjoy the battles. 7/10 for me.
RaiteiOct 7, 2017 5:26 PM
Oct 11, 2017 6:26 PM
Mar 2012
Really love this anime. Waiting for the next season.

Also, what's the music that plays in the final, when Elizabeth is leaving with the 7Sins? It's so great to hear this...
Dec 26, 2017 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
Hahahaaha. Gowther, what the fuck are you!?!? I guess he's not gonna die no matter what. I'm dyiiing when he's talking and carrying his own head then when he found his glasses, it seems like nothing happened to him. I'M DEAD.

Meliodas defeated Hendrickson with the help of everyone, like taking all the attacks, and using his revenge-I-forgot-the-name-of-his-power then attacked him. Nice.

GODDAMNIT. SO HAPPY HAWK IS ALIVE. YAAAAAAAY! FUCKING YAAAAAY! His old body melted then he became so little. I'm dying. So fucking cute. Definitely, Elizabeth's tears revived him.

Funny that the people who we thought died came back from death. Hahaha. Glad that Veronica and Grimoire are still alive, though. Yaaay.

Can we have King x Diane canon now? Like, pleaaaase. I was hoping that Hauser will appear and see Diane small again. Hihihihi.

That's right, show. Make Ban x Jericho happen and not Ban x Elaine. Lmfao. I like Jericho. Waaaah. And what the fuck did Gowther do to Guila? It's like she's under his spell. Hahaha. Dafuq is that smile!!?!?! WHAT. THE. FUCK. Hahaha.

I wonder what place Ban was talking about and why King went with him? Jeez. Where?

Yaaay. The SDS is almost complete (where is the other one?) and now they're about to go on a new journey. And oooh the Liz-is-still-alive foreshadow, though. Hahaha.

That was a decent happy ending, at least it's happy, and not that tacky. Thank, Kami-sama! I really enjoyed this anime throughout despite the tackiness and Ban being annoying as fuck with his Elaine fetish like stop. Jericho is there in front of you. A rather more interesting female to be your other half. Fuck, Elaine, maaan. Hahahaahaha.

Now, I'm geared and ready for the 2nd season. So stoked to see the whole gang again and I wanna know more about Merlin. :)

5/5 for the finale and 9/10 for the whole anime! Gave it a 9 mainly because of the lovable characters. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 30, 2017 7:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to a brilliant all-round series! After watching the OVAs and the short teaser season, I can say with utmost certainty now, that the Second Season of Nanatsu no Taizai is undoubtedly my most highly anticipated show for this upcoming Winter 2018.

Wow, this episode was one heck of an episode though. Meliodas just proved the Kingdom why he’s the strongest taking on the Demon himself for the most part while making a clever plan to get the others involved. It really was the Seven Deadly Sins, to be precise, showing their worth in detail here. Credits goes to Hawk though, and it was definitely shocking to see him back alive. xD, I laughed out loud earlier episode when Meliodas and Elizabeth were saved by Hawk, a mere livestock, but in this episode I honestly cried when Ban walked over and apologized. Elizabeth revealing her Goddess abilities was a surprise but a good addition nonetheless. All of the couple and potential romances hinted later on were equally hilarious, pleasant and satisfying to watch, moreover. All in all, a brilliant last episode albeit being super predicatable and typically merry-going.

As such, my impressions of this Season 1 include
- Storyline/Plot Developments: 8/10
Personally, I enjoyed the way the show set up the world by the first couple of episodes and the reunion of the members of the Seven Deadly Sins one by one. It felt much like One Piece when the Straw Hat Crew would receive a new nakama. Great to see, hence! However, from a neutral standpoint, the storyline of this show would seem pretty bland and it’s fairly obvious as to why, much implied by this last episode in particular which was phenomenal but a little too merry-good. Like, all the civilians and Hawk returning was just like a miracle far too good, but I loved it anyway so no complaints there.
- Characterization/Character Developments: 8/10
Apart from the enjoyable, vast and intriguing cast of characters, hardly any of the Characters actually received any from of Development but I think, for this show, any such Development would ruin this show in the first place. Moreover, the unique Characters provided some good chuckles and snorts throughout the course of the Season, so all the more better. Getting to see Guilla x Gowther was just mortally shocking but hilarious and a potential Jericho x Ban just brilliant! Speaking of Gowther, I wonder what that smile of his meant and, come to think of it, best moment of this last episode goes to how he just wishes Hendrickson good luck after stating his statistical analysis. Gil x Margaret stole the spotlight though and that was 👌. Would like to see more of Elain x Ban and Elizabeth x Meliodas in the upcoming season so great hopes for that.
- Art/Animation: 9/10
Despite a few ambiguities here and there, A-1 Pictures got this really under their belt. All of the fight sequences and sceneries were spot on, so all the more better to keep us, the viewers, engaged.
- Sound Department: 9/10
Both the Op and both the ED along with all the other soundtracks used in this Season were great, and a nice company to have while watching the show especially in the case for the last episode.
- Persomal Enjoyment: 10/10
I, personally, really enjoyed this show to the extent where I sacrificed my two nights worth adequate sleep for this show, and I can say with a bright smile on my face that it was just freakin’ worth it! Really enjoyed every episode of this and every minute of it!

-> Overall: Solid 8.9/10.
Hopefully, Season 2 will be better than this though and A-1 Pictures remains faithful to the manga source. Finger crossed for that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 7, 2018 12:45 PM
Mar 2017
Now that I've rewatched the series again, I relised how annoying that ending was! ;,D
upload image

upload image

upload image
Jan 8, 2018 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
How... and why was the pig revived?

Jan 14, 2018 4:39 PM
May 2017
I knew hawk's death was too good to be true.
Mar 5, 2018 1:59 PM

Dec 2009
No seventh sin too bad. The shot of all of them together will be a sight for sure.

Revenge Counter was nice. Though near the back of the show it felt like Meliodas went from OP to weak.

Man what a tease with that cliffhanger.

Show was great overall. I wanted to more and it left a lot of questions but as a standalone the first season was solid.
May 26, 2018 3:36 AM

Mar 2016
Now that was EPIC!!! The way Meliodas defeat Hendricksen by using revenge counter from the damage he received along with that on-point, exciting OST makes this fight a hell lot more awesome. I don't know if Hendricksen is now dead or not but even if he's still alive, his plan is at least postponed...

As I expected, a character as important as Hawk is of course still alive. I don't know how but well it happens. He's smaller so it's more adorable I guess...
The same thing goes for Veronica though. I know that she must be alive as soon as Elizabeth's power is fully revealed. I didn't expect Dreyfus to actually die from that acid down attack though...

Since the coffin of darkness is now missing, this will definitely serve as the main plot for the next season. And now, Merlin joins the party too!

King got his chance to be together with Diane! In my opinion, both of would make a lovely and adorable couple especially since because they've spent their time together for hundreds of years before.

Speaking of couples, it seems like Jericho is in love with Ban for saving her! (while she's naked) Adorable reaction from her! Did Gowther just mess with Guola's mind and feelings to make himself Guila's love interest?! This is biggest plot twist of the series 10/10 XD

Well, I respect Gilthunder's decision to apologize to the many people he has caused pain upon and also to those who he has... killed.

Yep, Meliodas quite literally just pick up a princess (Elizabeth) to accomplish their main objective, since they've got all except 1 Sins in their party left, Escanor. Hopefully, the second season will be as good if not EVEN BETTER than this season! A-1 has done an amazing job on animating it along with the beautiful and some epic OST, (but not for everything else they did...) I haven't read the manga but I do know of some scenes that are different or not included in this first season. I personally don't like things like this to happen, but if I were to only judge Nanatsu no Taizai from the anime only. I would say that it's was amazing!

ShadowkillZMay 26, 2018 4:17 AM
Sep 16, 2018 8:46 AM

Mar 2018
I cannot say that this show was one of my favourites nor that it was a keeper but in the end, it did get better and was actually rather entertaining. I doubt though that I will watch a second season if there is actually one.
Sep 24, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
The other knights are dead, but the pig is alive. WTF?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2018 7:23 PM
Aug 2018
They couldn't do it. Couldn't kill off a main character. This show had great characters and OK action, but I'm so tired of the Deus ex machina.

And I was waiting for Meliodus to go beast mode, but he never did. They teased that he had the power to destroy a city, but we never saw that. The season finale leaves me feeling disappointed.

Oct 3, 2018 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
Well, I think it would be better if Hawk didn't came back to life. His death would be much more meaningful.

It was a nice ending. It still have some things that I didn't understand, like how Gowther can still be alive. But things like that probably will be answered in the future.

I'm really curious with the seventh Sin, I hope he appear in the second season.

Overall I really liked the series. All characters were so much charismatic, especially the Seven Sins.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.