Forum Settings
Forums

"The U.S. finds itself on both sides of a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia"

New
Mar 28, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Talk about the United States being in a difficult place. One hour, the U.S. is conducting airstrikes to combat Sunni extremists -- ISIS -- in Iraq. "U.S. warplanes are now conducting airstrikes in support of Iraqi efforts to take the city of Tikrit from the terror group ISIS, the U.S. military said Wednesday," per NBC News. The next hour, it's helping aid Saudi Arabia's bombing campaign against Shiite extremists -- the Houthi rebels -- in Yemen. "Secretary of State John Kerry commended the work of the coalition and underlined U.S. support for the effort — including intelligence sharing, targeting assistance, and advisory and logistical assistance — in talks with his counterparts in the region on Thursday," according to a separate NBC report. The backdrop, of course, is the clear proxy war in the Middle East between Shiite Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia. But as the New York Times writes, one of the reasons why the United States has taken a more active role in the bombing campaign in Iraq is because it's worried that Iran now has too much influence in the country. "If the Americans did not engage, they feared becoming marginalized by Tehran in a country where they had spilled much blood in the last decade, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity."

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/proxy-war-u-s-both-sides-tensions-between-iran-saudi-n330466
NudeBearMar 28, 2015 11:02 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 28, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Thats what happens when you install an Athiest dictator on an extremely religious population(The Shah of Iran) and support Genocidal Saudi Wahhabis
Mar 28, 2015 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
I say once ISIS is dead or have surrendered, the US should withdraw from the region, this isn't our proxy war to fight, it needs to be handled between the Saudis and Iran.

Mar 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2010
This would eventually happen.
Mar 28, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
I say once ISIS is dead or have surrendered, the US should withdraw from the region, this isn't our proxy war to fight, it needs to be handled between the Saudis and Iran.
Heh, good one.
Like America would ever do that.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 28, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:

Obama already guaranteed that we'll stay there (middle east) for at least 10 more years...
Mar 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
NudeBear said:
Hoppy said:

Obama already guaranteed that we'll stay there (middle east) for at least 10 more years...

Wasn't that just Afghanistan though? What I meant was Iraq and Syria, I don't want the US trying to go to war with Iran, it isn't necessary anymore.

Mar 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
NudeBear said:

Wasn't that just Afghanistan though? What I meant was Iraq and Syria, I don't want the US trying to go to war with Iran, it isn't necessary anymore.

It is necessary though, for the US. Iran's trying to increase its influence in the middle east.

relevant

Mar 28, 2015 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
Moneyburns said:
Thats what happens when you install an Athiest dictator on an extremely religious population(The Shah of Iran)

You must be a history expert.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Mar 28, 2015 11:35 PM

Dec 2008
After all the American actions in the region, you're still surprised that the extremist target it!!!
Mar 28, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
NudeBear said:

relevant

This is the fight with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia all over again.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.