Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 7, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
Wow Izaya got outplayed?

Mikado has finally done something, well I hope so. I'm thinking he has a split personality, which would be amazing.
Apr 7, 2016 4:53 PM
Aug 2013
Vorona and Sloan were ambushed O_o
Apr 10, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
Fucking amazing.
Best part of the entire episode was when Mikaido stabbed Aoba in the hand.
Mikaido's angry and I can understand why, being treated as low life to the the own group you created is both degrading and humiliating.
I can't wait to see what Mikaido has in store for us...
And that stab Izaya got was well deserved.
Apr 25, 2016 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
this show got worse and worse ugh. such a train wreck at this point.

at least izaya finally got what he deserved.
Apr 28, 2016 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
Finale was okay, Izaya got owned at the end no matter how cunning he is, Hopefully he's alright tho, Those guys from Awakusu group are scarey when they were capturing Varona.

Overall score 7/10
Oct 15, 2016 11:32 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BEEN SO LONG SINCE I WATCHED DURARARA! GOD I LOVE IT !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 11, 2016 9:52 AM
Feb 2015
glad i decided to watch this show after dropping it twice in season 1, thing are starting to get interesting
Dec 9, 2016 5:16 PM

Nov 2015
Oh god!!! Shizuo just broke that guy's arm!!! literally!!! O_O

*Varona stands in front of Shizuo*
Shizuo: Ah?
*Varona throws a knife to Shizuo*
Shizuo: ...
*Varona runs away*

xD oh god that was so funny.

Anyway, Shizuo is AMAZING. I think is one of the less relatable characters in Durarara!! but I can't help but love the guy. He is truly good inside, it's just that he is such a short fuse and gets angry easily xD and those powers he has...it's like a tiny hulk xD

Taking those knifes for Akane tho... that was heroic.

Wow wow wow.... that fanservice with Erika and Anri... damn... I-I didn't expect that...so...
-----

What!? This just scaled up! Slon and Varona got pwned so easily by the family leaders!!
After all that... and Simon and Dennis too! o_o The russian plot is deep!

And then Mikado, showing that new sadistic face of him.... but it really seemed like split personality, as he changed in just a second to his usual self....

ANd to finish...Izaya...
WTF IS GOING ON!!!!??

I need to rest... tomorrow I'll watch the second part of Durarara!!x2, Ten.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By the way, I think a rate of 7-8 to Shou is fair but as I enjoyed too much Durarara!! as a whole, I give it an 8. I still think Durarara!!x2 as a whole will get better but since this is divided in three separated arcs I'll give this first one 8/10
HumbertoZeroDec 9, 2016 5:21 PM
Dec 12, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
That was a pretty good season finale. Izaya finally got outsmarted at the end there. I'm interested to finding out how.

I'm also interested in exactly how Mikado plans on changing Dollars.

I wasn't planning on watching the last 2 seasons, but these last two episodes were pretty good. BUT at the same time, I accidentally spoiled the ending by clicking the wrong discussion link on reddit :P Oh welll. I'll probably just end up reading the wiki to find out everything that happens.
Dec 16, 2016 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
This show is getting more ridiculous and hectic with every episode.

Season finale was decent, even if it felt a bit rushed. But I guess that's what happens when you try to tell a complicated, coherent story with 30 unique characters in 12 episodes.

Shizu-chan being himself is always welcome.
Akane hug scene made me d'aww.
And I'm pretty sure Izaya's not going to be out for long. People in this show have a tendency to survive wounds pretty well.

Also - as someone who hasn't read the novels - is this story actually going anywhere in particular, or is everyone just gonna keep f-ing around Ikebukuro forever? I'm enjoying it (a lot!), but I'm starting to wonder where all of this is going.

Guess it's time for x2 Ten!
Jan 16, 2017 6:07 AM

Dec 2012
lol at Shizuo not knowing that he gave in his notice to the founder of the Dollars.

LMAO at Walker and Erika calling Anri a Flame Haze.

Glad Shizuo sent that dude flying.

If only Shizuo could see the future, he would have thrown Varona's bike at her at the beginning.

WTF is wrong with Varona? Shizuo didn't damage her bike. Why the fock would you thank the guy by shooting your knife at him? Tsundere?

Shizuo playing football with the van. LMAO

I like Kyouhei and Chikage being cool with each other.

DAT ERIKA FONDLING ANRI'S OPPAI SCENE!!!! LAWD JESUS!

Non looking like Chikage's best girl.

Thought Varona was going to die.

I loved how Mikado's face was split between light and dark.

When I saw Aoba move his hand over the paper, I was like "Stab", and then it happened. lol

Damn you, Yodogiri. I wasn't expecting Izaya to get stabbed.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 13, 2017 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
I really hope Mikado starts manning the fuck up and getting his shit straight now like come on fuck up all the scoundrels that spammed into the dollars and take control again
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
Loved how Izaya was stabbed at the end!
and how the yakuza guys with glasses & the one with a scare handled the two russians. They were too damn awesome!
and Shizuuuuuuuuuuo never fails to entertain me. ❤️
Sep 27, 2017 5:03 AM

Jun 2016
This was a pretty disappointing season. I guess the season 1 was pretty great, so I had a really high expectations for this season. I hate that they're throwing a lot of new characters and the focus of the story is going I don't know where anymore.

I was confused watching throughout the episodes of this anime, though the 1st two episodes were great until it goes nowhere. Hahaha. And I still don't understand why Kida, Mikado, Sonohara are still considered main characters along with Izaya, Shizuo, and Celty when they'r e pretty much useless characters that should get rid of. Ugh.

7/10

P.S. How fucking dare you stab Izaya? Ohmygod. At least the final episode was saved by Shizuo. Lmao.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 27, 2017 5:58 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 3, 2017 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
damnnn Izaya... karma can be a bitch
Jan 7, 2018 10:43 PM
Mar 2017
Good season, incredible.

HE OPENED THE EYES!
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 24, 2018 7:13 PM

Sep 2013
Decent ending.

7/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 11, 2018 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing ending honestly.
Ryuuga is growing up aswell taking matters in his own hand ... it was still funny seeing him immediatly try to take care of Aoba.
Seems Izaya finally got what he deserved after being untouchable for so long.
The Russians are also making their move, wonder how they'll try to "fix" Varona.

Actually really entertaining second season, the story is growing at a steady pace, there's not a single dull moment.

9/10
Apr 10, 2018 9:45 AM
Nov 2010
why is shizuo always getting stabbed?! It's hilarious. Sad that hes quitting the club.

ryuu finally did something interesting. Turnt straight savage. I guess one of the reasons I found him so annoying was explained in this episode. He was too "normal" compared to all the other characters. However, it also has to do with his voice.

Gotdam they just keep introducing more OP characters. Those Russians are crazy.

Wonder if Izaya will become one of the heroes now because I still don't understand why he's the most popular in the series. Unless people just love him dicking around haha.

Good ending

DannimeApr 10, 2018 10:14 AM
May 6, 2018 6:45 PM
Jun 2013
WOW, Izaya got snuck! First time I remember seeing him without things going his way!

This is a very sudden character change for Makato...I feel it was somewhat needed because up to this point his personality has been suuuuper boring, but it's too wild for me. He also was mostly useless this entire season. I also don't get why the blue squares WANT to be USED...that makes no sense to me.

I just wanna see more Celty!
Nov 13, 2018 1:39 PM
Mar 2018
Finally!!! Mikado showed his true colours.
Oct 27, 2019 11:08 PM

Jan 2011
way too many characters, mostly focused on the newer an boring ones, barelly anything interesting happened during this season... there were a few cool scenes here an there though

4/10
Nov 10, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
This season took me approximately three months to complete. The pacing is honestly a pain to watch most of the time. Not really "invested" in the series, but I like it enough to continue. I really love the music of the series. Since the series has sequels, obviously it is building up towards something and I respect that. This is not a series I would binge on. Nothing really "happened" per say, but I think the story is setting up for the next arc which is DRR Ten. I want Masaomi back and Izaya to be more front and center haha. Did not care for the extras that they introduced. A little bit of character overload bc I really don't remember who-knows-who and what do they know about [insert character name]. Instead of this really cool interconnecting web, the creator just created a blob of confusion. Yikes.
If I was more invested, I think this would bother me more, but it doesn't atm. When Izaya got stabbed I gasped out loud. Finally some real action. And Mikado's change in personal trajectory, which has been brewing and hinted since the start of the series. I'm sure the next installment will make up for this one's lack of excitement and sense.
SugusatoNov 10, 2019 9:06 AM

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Feb 26, 2020 1:43 AM

Nov 2019
When I started watching Durarara (season 1) I was going to stop after episode 3, then I decided to continue watching it. Now I really like it. I finished season 2 and will watch the rest.
My favorite is Shizuo, he is awesome.
May 26, 2020 2:15 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Izaya will always get the short end of the stick at the end of a season. Not sure what they will do with Vorona, will she start working at the sushi restaurant next season?

5/10
Dec 27, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2016
Things went so fkn dark in a mater of few minutes, the Russian sushi guy looked like a hitman
from movies xD.

Mikado face in dark/light was pretty cool and seems like his other persona is starting to show up if he has any to begin with.

7/10 Izaya's sisters + Akane made this season a banger for me.
May 4, 2021 6:38 PM
Jan 2021
This was an amazing ending....
9/10 for this season because every episode is just so many things happening it's amazing how everything got connected in the end and izaya really is a manipulator of human emotions and finally character development of the mc im looking forward for the next season.....
Jul 9, 2021 8:10 PM

May 2020
Jul 21, 2021 7:41 AM
Jul 2020
mikado yandere side omg didnt expect it at all
Nov 22, 2021 12:21 AM

Aug 2019
So everyone is leaving dollars now....mikado losing his sanity,izaya is not the only one pulling the strings and shizuo is shizuo.....loved it onto the next part...
Jan 19, 2022 6:55 AM

May 2020
Finale full with Shizuo's madness, dude was like playing football with a goddamn SUV LMAO. Also have to say about Mikado's sudden one-eighty there, no more dollars for him now. Also Izaya getting a taste of his own medicine at the end there, well it was pleasantly surprising.

So yeah a good wrap up to what seemed like an average first cour to me. 6/10 for the first of this three cour second season.
Jan 27, 2022 7:55 PM

Mar 2021
I can't believe someone took down isaya. I love mikado's solution, having a whole ass group to follow your orders is gotta be helpful, and he definitely just owned aoba with that pen stab. And kida still, after 12 episedes couldn't manage to appear, I don't really like his victim act.
Jan 27, 2022 7:56 PM

Mar 2021
Goku said:
Wow Izaya got outplayed?

Mikado has finally done something, well I hope so. I'm thinking he has a split personality, which would be amazing.

it would be amazing, but I don't think so, I get him, he just cares too much to exploit the position he's in
Aug 28, 2022 2:59 PM

May 2018
Mikado finally mans up, great. Also rip Izaya

6/10
Oct 1, 2022 3:21 PM

Dec 2018
Amazing last episode for a horrible season.
Nov 17, 2022 10:07 AM
Apr 2020
Pretty good episode imo. I really liked the twist ending too.
Dec 5, 2022 11:55 PM

Sep 2018
So damn good, man, I love this series. Just pure day to day mayhem in Ikebukuro , played out with some unique directing. Incredibly entertaining. Another 9/10 season. I have no idea what people are complaining about pacing wise. For me, that's what makes this show so damn good, the whole event from multiple perspectives and what not. Didn't drag, like, at all.
Mar 13, 2023 5:06 AM
May 2020
that ending was magnificent. mikado showing that he has that dawg in him, and the cliffhanger with yodogiri and izaya was simply sublime
Mar 27, 2023 7:41 PM

Feb 2018
Quite the way to end this season.
Looks like Anri's friends accepted her even after finding out what she is.
Mikado also seems like he's getting quite psycho after deciding to be the leader of the blue squares.
Izaya being caught off guard like that was unexpected, but for some reason I still think its part of his plan.
But why would he want to be stabbed in the street...?

Anyway, I would say I enjoyed this season slightly more, and I think that was down to what's going on with Mikado and some of the new characters like Verona.
Apart from that I wouldn't say it blew me away or anything.
May 29, 2023 9:27 AM
May 2019
Looks like Mikado finally scooped his nuts. Man I really felt for him.Memebers of the Dollars doing what they like and with him getting his ass whooped in the previous episode, then being told he isn't about that life must've been a harsh realisation. Half his face was covered in the shadows before he stabbed Aoba,and then went back to the same old Mikado eventhough offering up bandages eventhough it was pre mediated. Split personality?
Sep 13, 2023 2:15 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Apr 21, 1:43 PM

May 2021
Ayaza finally getting some karma
Inhales oxygen
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 31, 2015

171 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

371 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

207 by Rithic »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

124 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

123 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.