Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2015 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Overall a pretty fun way to end the show in general.

As for the finale, we get to see Kaito in action on last time. Bet his father is pretty proud of the things he's done up to this point. He'll surpass him soon. I'm going to miss this series tbh. 8/10.
Stark700Mar 28, 2015 12:34 PM
Mar 28, 2015 2:52 AM

Nov 2007
Mother's opinions about other magicians. Then she wanted him to quit Kaito Kid, but he wanted to surpass the original.

Black vs. White talk w. Mamo's character and witch girl. Black ink, huh. Black ice was used on the coin... Old guy was black kid?

Mother gone again. Childhood girl wanting to team up to catch Kid at Kid's place (lol) with those two supportive characters.

The series ends with open ending (journey goes on), w. no sequel announcement.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Jun 2014
9/10
Mar 28, 2015 7:08 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty awesome last episode, going to miss this shows badassery. 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2010
The showdown was pretty nice indeed!

Nakamori's role is just so funny sometimes, minus 10 degrees with a huge fan behind him xD

Seeing the tricks being unfoiled by Kaito again, the use of ice by Corbeau was great.

Quite enjoyable with all the magic tricks that Kaito uses! 8/10, really want more Kaito and Aoko scenes.
Mar 28, 2015 8:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really underrated series this was....I don't even know why because it was pretty dam good

This was a great finale and the series in general exceeded my expectations of this series

The final farewell scene at the end of the episode made me cry though TwT See you next illusion whenever that may be Kaito

8/10
Mar 28, 2015 8:30 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome finale! I'm gonna miss this series, it was very entertaining.
I can't wait for the day Aoko finds out about Kaito.
8/10
Mar 28, 2015 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
Yup I predicted that the magic buster was Corbeau's assistant in the last episode discussion. :P That was a great trick. Man the thought that Corbeau put into the heist is quite amazing. Also we get clues that Corbeau is possibly Kaito's dad
Mar 28, 2015 11:39 AM

Jul 2011
HMMM...was really hoping they'd reveal more important stuff since in Detective Conan we rarely get an episode about Kaito and when we do, it's just a battle between him and Conan but ohwell, it still had a nice ending.
Mar 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
am I the only one here that think Corbeau is Kaito father, and his assistant is Kaito Mother?
isn't it obvious that Corbeau stealing shit in Las Vegas, and Kaito mom also in Las Vegas, but when Corbeau in Japan, Kaito mom also in Japan. :/
Mar 28, 2015 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
A pretty fun series overall. It was one of those I just watched to see how it'd go, and while it wasn't spectacular, not once did I feel it really drop in quality and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise, a solid 7/10. I wish it had more 2-3 episode stories though, they were the best parts of the series.
Mar 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
Abyhape said:
am I the only one here that think Corbeau is Kaito father, and his assistant is Kaito Mother?
isn't it obvious that Corbeau stealing shit in Las Vegas, and Kaito mom also in Las Vegas, but when Corbeau in Japan, Kaito mom also in Japan. :/
It's all good bro, we all know.
Mar 28, 2015 12:32 PM

Apr 2012
It was a great show but the remake episodes were a little boring but since I love the series so much I give 9/10 ^.^
Mar 28, 2015 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Corbeau used the ice for the trick.

I got a feeling that Corbeau is possibly Kaito's dad.
Mar 28, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Magic Kaito is always fun when its KID vs anyone who's not Aoko's dad.

So Corbeau is his mom?
Mar 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
9/10 series.
Amazing episode.
I have a feeling Corbeau is either the mom or the dad depending on if the Dad is actually dead or not. Otherwise it has to be the mom since she did say "she was going back to Las Vegas".

I really enjoyed Magic Kaito 1412, it's a show that's good for anyone but the most enjoyable to DC fans.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 28, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
Gonna miss this, it was really well directed and was more feel good than I'd expected it to be considering the subject matter. I'd pick up Conan but I'd be better off checking out the manga for more Kid.
Mar 28, 2015 6:22 PM

Nov 2013
Nice show though i was expecting a bit more.. 7/10

Mar 28, 2015 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
ITS OVER NOOOOOOOOOOOO T____T

A club to catch Kaito Kid OMG.

I want to see more Illusions T__T
Mar 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
I actually want more of this... 9/10 T_T
I will miss this show..
OSOI!
Mar 28, 2015 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
I think it's pretty obvious who's who at this point. But my only concern is the reasons for a certain black-cloaked character's actions. Until they take down the criminal organization and find this "Pandora" gemstone, it still won't feel satisfactory to me. And that's why we need maor! Season 2 when!?
Mar 29, 2015 12:08 AM

Apr 2011
See you, next illusion!
Mar 29, 2015 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
Had to read the manga to find out who that was. Was pretty obvious who xD. Good final episodes and great series overall.

8/10 Season.
TyrelMar 29, 2015 12:41 AM
Mar 29, 2015 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
I have to admit I wasn't really feeling this one until Kaito outsmarted Corbeau towards the end. I guess I was just hoping it'd be more exciting and Kid involved like with the final confrontation with Conan. The implication that Corbeau is Kid's father was great though, leaving that mystery up in the air. After all, a good magician never shows his hand. I hate the open ending only because this looks like it's doomed to remain unfinished unless the manga continues (which at its pace isn't going to be this century).

But with that said, this turned out to be a real treat and I ended up enjoying every single heist. It constantly kept me at the edge of my seat to see what move Kaito would make next and really brought out the child in me. Initially I did pick this up because of the nostalgic atmosphere it carried with its old school Saturday morning cartoon presence. The absurd amount of suspension of disbelief is exactly what made it so fun. A single monocle serves as Kaito's disguise. That's straight up textbook with the cartoons I grew up on.

Magic Kaito also had some serious class going for it. It knew how to tap into the exquisite nature of the topics it dealt with and was filled with very clever tricks and situations. Another thing that brought on the whole old school cartoon vibe was how it remained cartoony but was also educational without the intent to teach.

Kaito, the man of the hour, really proved to be an awesome protagonist. He may very well have earned a spot in my all time favorite characters, I love how confident, mischievous, creative, and witty he ended up being.

8.5/10, I really do hope to see you next illusion, Kaito Kid!
Mar 29, 2015 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
I would have thought Corbeau is Kid's mother; his father should be dead for 8 years already and making him reappear will ruin Kid's motivations thus far a lot (unless the author decided that his father is a huge troll just like the father of a certain pint-sized detective -.-)
Mar 29, 2015 6:00 AM
Apr 2014
So it's over now :( Too bad this isn't the main manga of the creator. Considering the amount of chapters it has by now we probably need to wait at least another decade for another season if we even get one at all D:

Gonna miss my weekly Kaito episode :(
Mar 29, 2015 7:22 AM

May 2013
Kid vs Corbeau was great! They didn't actually get in to action, but I like how they figured each other out.

So is Corbeau his mother? Mysterious Lady is Kaito Corbeau? I don't get it, but it was all fun even in the end. In fact, I'm gonna miss this. It was one hell of a ride with all of those impressive magic tricks and phantom thief tactics.

See you next illusion. - Kaito Kid
8/10
Mar 29, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
To me, Magic Kaito wasn't an anime I was watching for any seemingly complex narrative or to invoke any sort of enlightenment. I quite literally viewed every episode as a magic show I would attend every week for about half an hour. To watch the great Kaito Kid in action and to see what sort of trick he pulls out of his sleeves that week. I walked away from every show entertained and eagerly anticipating the next. Except this time, my anticipation has been replaced with sorrow as this is the final episode.

Regardless, Magic Kaito is an anime that I will truly hold dear because of how stupidly entertained I was while watching every episode. As Kaito once said, "As long as people desire it, the show will go on."

I hope to see you again one day, Kaito Kid.
Mar 29, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
A solid 7/10 for me. I would've liked to see more depth into the story (pandora gem and the criminal gang) but overall, it was pretty fun. Although a bit underrated.
Mar 29, 2015 4:32 PM

Jan 2015
This was a nice ending to a pretty good, fun series. I wasn't expecting too much of this series at the beginning, but it was actually a very entertaining watch and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

I'd give this series a 8/10 overall.
Mar 29, 2015 7:00 PM

Oct 2011
Aerolite said:
To me, Magic Kaito wasn't an anime I was watching for any seemingly complex narrative or to invoke any sort of enlightenment. I quite literally viewed every episode as a magic show I would attend every week for about half an hour. To watch the great Kaito Kid in action and to see what sort of trick he pulls out of his sleeves that week. I walked away from every show entertained and eagerly anticipating the next.

Took the words out of my mouth. Same with how I view anime in general.

I shall miss this series, always looked forward to the next episode. Seriously, the show must go on!
Edit: And I simply adore the Kid VS Conan episodes. A-1 Pictures did a splendid job with the fanservice (for once, I have no complaints) >w<
PhrazeMar 29, 2015 7:04 PM

Mar 29, 2015 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
What a cute ending.
Mar 30, 2015 7:27 PM
Mar 2015
I knew it was only 24 episodes.... but I want more >-<
Mar 31, 2015 8:03 PM
Nov 2010
so fucking great!

See you next illusion!
Apr 1, 2015 6:30 PM

Dec 2013
Abyhape said:

My thought exactly :)
"If anyone wishes to stop me, let them try. If there any whose dispair can match my own!" - Lelouch Lamperouge.
Apr 11, 2015 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
I am sad that it's over.
No more "See you next illusion!"
Apr 13, 2015 8:16 AM

Dec 2010
I'm pretty sure the Dad's dead but reading some of the comments here make me think otherwise. Though right now, I believe Corbeau is Kaito's mom
Apr 15, 2015 6:37 AM

Jan 2012
super easy watch but needed a break after 12 EPs straight and almost put it on hold

needed more kaito + aoko moments imo + a little fan service wouldn't hurt

3 possibilities for Corbeau's identity:

1. His mom
2. His mom + random assistant
3. His dad with his mom as assistant
4. His mom's new lover with her as assistant

----

2, 3 and 4 seem more plausible b/c Corbueau does have an assistant

7.4/10

oh ya... kaito's kid voice = win (in a bad way) XD
Apr 18, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
this anime should be like Detective Conan in one way, without air date end, i mean still ongoing, it sucks that it ended with EP24

8/10
Apr 19, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2013
Just finished watching this today and thought it was really great! :D
Every episode was like watching a different magic show ~
I didn't have enough DC knowledge to understand any inside jokes (but I did make up for it by googling xD)

Oh and evidently, I absolutely LOVE Aoko 'cuz she's so darn cute <3
Apr 19, 2015 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
By the way, can anyone tell me if there are any stark differences (apart from animation quality) between this and the 12-episode Specials? 'Cause if there were I might consider watching those too.
May 2, 2015 2:13 PM

May 2014
So is his father alive after all. I mean how the black Kaito acted when the one with long mustache shoot at Kuraba-kun. I mean it looked a little like he were protecting him.

And not only that but that his mother knew that he had those heating pads. I mean the only one that could possible know this were the black Kaito and that he knew his mother. It makes actually sense (for me at least) that he is still alive as the Kaito Corbeau.

Anyways, it were a nice show. I liked it, but I think it had too many ep. And I felt the plot didn't go anywhere. It weren't before the last ep. we got to see the purpose of this series. He didn't found the reason behind his father's death (but I think that black kaito where his father ^^). So with that said, the soundtracks were pretty good and the animation were excellent too (except for those long nose, lol). So overall I think it doesn't deserve anything more than 6/10. ^^
May 2, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2014
Ryuuhoshi said:
By the way, can anyone tell me if there are any stark differences (apart from animation quality) between this and the 12-episode Specials? 'Cause if there were I might consider watching those too.

I have watched both of them. The only difference you will see between this one and the 12.episode special is one ep. that were excluded from this version of Kaito Kid. Hmm, I think it's ep. 7. Very funny ep. because there Akako (the witch) are trying to cover for Kaito-kun and disguise herself as Kaito-kid. LOL

That's actually the only difference. Though I think they have done a better job here. And yes there some couple of scenes that have been changed or excluded. Or the rest is the same. :)
May 2, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2014
flaxman85 said:
super easy watch but needed a break after 12 EPs straight and almost put it on hold

1. His mom

----

7.4/10

It could be his dad too you know. He could have faked his death. He is magician after all. LOL
May 3, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
mangalicker94 said:
So is his father alive after all. I mean how the black Kaito acted when the one with long mustache shoot at Kuraba-kun. I mean it looked a little like he were protecting him.

And not only that but that his mother knew that he had those heating pads. I mean the only one that could possible know this were the black Kaito and that he knew his mother. It makes actually sense (for me at least) that he is still alive as the Kaito Corbeau.

Anyways, it were a nice show. I liked it, but I think it had too many ep. And I felt the plot didn't go anywhere. It weren't before the last ep. we got to see the purpose of this series. He didn't found the reason behind his father's death (but I think that black kaito where his father ^^). So with that said, the soundtracks were pretty good and the animation were excellent too (except for those long nose, lol). So overall I think it doesn't deserve anything more than 6/10. ^^
mangalicker94 said:
flaxman85 said:

1. His mom

----

7.4/10

It could be his dad too you know. He could have faked his death. He is magician after all. LOL

i think hes mother worked alone, so the guy in black he so was also hes mother
May 5, 2015 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
MOAR! Solid series overall. Having seen the magic kaito ovas and detective conan, I really wish they showed more new content since a lot of what I saw seemed familiar.
May 10, 2015 2:29 AM

Oct 2012
soo.....Corbeau's is Kaitou's mom? o_O

May 10, 2015 3:31 AM

Nov 2004
I really enjoyed this series. I just finished it and now I wish it was just as long as Conan. I wouldn't mind watching more.... even if it was just of Kaito stealing jewel after jewel.
May 15, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2007
MORE!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2015 11:01 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THIS AND LAST EPISODE ARE THE BEST EPISODES IN THE SERIES !!! NOT JUST CAUSE ITS ENTIRELY NEW, BUT HOW EXCITING IT IS !!! Magic Kaito 1412 is a FANTASTIC WATCH I WOULD ALWAYS ENJOY WATCHING, but for me the Specials WAS MORE AMAZING FOR THE OTHER EPISODES with SUPER GOOD Quality just like this 2 episodes.

The remake DEFINITELY HAS GREAT NOSTALGIA, and with NEWER ART and SEEING A DIFFERENT STYLE OF DIRECTING AND ART (cause it's A-1 Pictures?) makes it an INTERESTING REMAKE !!! AOKO is REALLY CUTE in the Remake <333 , continuing from how I already found her cute in the Specials, AND HER VOICE IN THIS SERIES IS REALLY CUTE <333 and I REALLY LOVE THIS CONCLUSIVE ENDING, REMAKE WELL WORTH WATCHING
張大です for 張大勇督察
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Kaito 1412 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

112 by chandu_dsp_13 »»
Aug 11, 2023 8:10 PM

» Which one I should watch first Magic Kaito 1412 or OVAs?

Dupli - Oct 5, 2014

9 by sakurabonx3 »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Do i need to watch Detective Conan

ElMudking - Oct 7, 2021

9 by kogori_kogoro »»
Jan 13, 2023 10:50 AM

» Watched Magic Kaito - should I skip certain episodes from 1412?

linnline - Sep 14, 2022

2 by ThatOneMilliGuy »»
Sep 14, 2022 11:17 AM

Poll: » Magic Kaito 1412 Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

23 by neeJay »»
Aug 3, 2022 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.