Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 16, 2015 9:28 AM
Oct 2011
The ending where shiroe says lets make it so we can travel from the two worlds it reminded me of Digimmon.
May 18, 2015 9:05 AM
Feb 2015
I miss the evil megane already :( :( cmon season 3, gimme some closure please. i wanna see how it all wraps up. but also, like a a lot of others i'd say that season 1 was hands down epic, mainly cuz there was a nice balance between the shrewdness of Shiroe and the charisma of Krusty. watching those 2 working together was great. this was lacking in the 2nd season, but re-introducing william in the 2nd season helped fill that void, even though Krusty shows more impact as a leader than william. but this covered up for the 1st half of season 2. i loved watching the raid episodes, seeing shiroe in a proper raid situation was epic. but after that, things got a bit weird, they coulda done the whole noob trip thing better. i gues its cuz apart from rundelhaus, the other noob charas don't really stand out for me. all in all, 1st season was a 9/10, 2nd season 7.5/10. gave it 7.5 instead of lower because i think in the novels, this is the part of the series where things are a bit shaky and situations are really starting to build up, conflicts on the horizon, that sort of thing. liked the running akatsuki flying kicking naotsugu though, followed by her after action commentary of her kicking him. always makes me crack up a bit.
May 25, 2015 3:52 PM

Oct 2012
ready for a season 3 :3

May 28, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
I got the feeling if the endboss had slain everyone it would be like the Wizard of Oz with every adventure in the world going back home

This season fell short compared to it's first, I do hope to see more of it preferably without DEEN
Jun 13, 2015 5:51 AM

Aug 2010
The last 2 episodes were especially rushed o___O

Well it's good that the ending is rather open like that than just them quickly wrapping it up and spoiling the whole series. I do hope this means there is a possibility for a season 3!

Overall I thought the start of S2 was pretty solid - that william and silver sword arc. But then it kinda went downhill after that. A lot of things are happening, which can be quite confusing, but I thought a problem was in the pacing. The pacing gets quicker and quicker towards the end, and so the more complicated parts of the plot were compressed and so it was kind of confusing for me. Would've been better if the pacing were slow down especially for things that Shiroe found out after Roe 2's letter.

If there is a season 3 (and i hope so), i hope the pacing would be more like the beginning of S2 instead of the end of S2. I do hope to see what happens when Plant Hwyden and the Round Table and even Minami's party too, come together.
Jun 14, 2015 3:26 PM

Dec 2008
Marry me, Shiroe!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 26, 2015 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
Good to catch up on the stuff I missed because of my time in Japan. Not a bad ending for the season but they had too many characters' stories to update to really devote the time on each that they deserved. I'll hope for a third season, but I think I'll devote some time to reading the LN's during the summer.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 9, 2015 12:41 PM

Mar 2012
I felt something watching Log Horizon I haven't felt in a long time while watching anime. Loved it!

Shiroe/10
Jul 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Feels like a major disconnect between the ending of the first season and this entire season....Honestly I feel like I watched an entire season of straight filler since it was so badly disorganized and the flow really sucked...it's a damn shame considering how much i loved the 1st season

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 21, 2015 4:48 PM
Oct 2007
The problem is that they had two few episodes to put too many thing, but i stll think they did an explendid job with what they have. If you think they doing the anime just for you to buy the Light Novel, mission accomplish, there is so many things we want to know.. I didnt get confused or bored on this season, they did an amazing job with an extraordinary serie. 10/10 for the entire season and serie. Every little detail on this series, including the kids party wich most of the viwers hate I liked a lot. Every single thing makes the anime beautiful as it is.
Aug 3, 2015 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
If only the kid's arc would be shorter and this Shibuya Raid Arc got more episode. I want to rate it higher but remembering how was the Kid's arc, I can't rate it higher than 7.

But still tho, last 2 episodes are great. Looking forward for season 3.
Aug 9, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
If only the entire season were as awesome as the raids :(
Aug 13, 2015 3:11 PM

May 2014
First season was better but this season was good too.
I loved the ending of the boss fight. It was so epic. ASSASINAATTTUUU! + Natsugu's Special ATtack.

I think there will be a season 3 depending on sales and also because there are many things that were unanswered. But they could also end it like that so its basically an open-ending.
S3 PLS
Sep 1, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
That was an ending?
Sep 15, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
pretty sure half the animation budget for this series went into this episode.

FUCK deen for ruining log horizon for me. bunch of cunts.
Sep 15, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2015
Tyestor said:
pretty sure half the animation budget for this series went into this episode.

FUCK deen for ruining log horizon for me. bunch of cunts.

The DEEN effect too stronk even for Log Horizon to take. This episode was just as amazing as the raid episodes (minus long-ass William speech episode), and almost lived up to the hype that S1 generated. Now, if only DEEN had fecked off with the kid's arc and gave more episodes to Team Kanami...who am I kidding, it's DEEN. >_>

8/10 for S2, a huge step down from my 10/10 for S1. Still above many shows, don't get me wrong, but it had so much potential. S3 soon please!
Oct 8, 2015 4:21 PM
May 2015
it was...okay,yea 7/10
Nov 5, 2015 9:46 AM

Jan 2012
Wouldn't mind a s:3 but with less kids

btw how did Crusty went to china server?

Nov 7, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
AllenVonStein said:
Wouldn't mind a s:3 but with less kids

btw how did Crusty went to china server?
What are you talking about, the kids were at like Lv60 before/during the fight at the town. Rundell's level was shown as 58 or something like that if I remember correctly. I expect them to become dedicated raid-worthy members of Shiroe's parties. I do agree not to dedicate entire arcs to only them though...

Crusty got transported along with the girl (who owns the Scythe) arm via the flavor text of the scythe. Flavor text, be wary! If you get sent to another world, ALWAYS READ THE FLAVOR TEXT!
Nov 16, 2015 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
Wait, is Crusty carrying Misa's lost arm? What dedication! XD
This episode felt rushed and the final battle was underwhelming. The first raid was much more intense. Here, it felt like they just unleashed bunch of attacks. Still, a good new discovery and good conclusion to the arc.

So Kanami has a kid? I was waiting for others to go into surprise mode thinking that it could be Shiroe's. So, is Kanami lone mom or...?

Season 2 was good but nowhere as epic as the first season. The First Boss Raid and Akatsuki's all female squad raid were the most interesting for me. The arc with the kids was the most boring one. It's not that is badly done but I just don't appreciate seeing them all the time when we have high level members not getting any action.

Still, love Log Horizon and it's characters. Hopefully we get Season 3 and one with better animation quality.
Nov 16, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
Crimrui said:
Wait, is Crusty carrying Misa's lost arm? What dedication!
... He is her guild master? Is it just me that feels that's to be expected? o.O
Nov 16, 2015 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
TwilightMystery said:
kyled00m said:
Crusty is a very smart person, similar to Shiroe. I'm sure he knew that Misa's arm could be re-attached which is why he carried it.
Re-attached? Pfft. They're digital and her arm is on another server... All Crusty needs to do is return to the Japanese Server and the arm should automatically reattach. Of course, should in a world with magic going haywire could have all kinds of unexpected outcomes...
Nov 16, 2015 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
TwilightMystery said:
Ever since Shiroe introduced new magic into the world there have been crazy things going on. I wouldn't be surprised if the adventurers no longer have their ability to revive indefinitely. Of course, this is all just a theory for what happens later on in the series if we possibly have a 3rd season.
I'm not leaning towards lack of revival...

Well, when I learned that the Izumo Knights were no longer there, I imaged a connection to the Administrators originally. I came up with a fantasy that an Adventurer could become an Izumo Knight when he lost all his memories of his world for fun but I wonder what they are...
From what I can tell from the People of the Land, they left the IKs alone and let them save them time and again. They didn't even notice that the IKs were gone so they definitely know next to nothing about them.
Nov 23, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
kyled00m said:
Crimrui said:
Wait, is Crusty carrying Misa's lost arm? What dedication!

Well I'm not questioning his loyalty and respectfulness to the team, I was stating my positive reaction. Frankly I don't think that everybody would do it.

And not everyone would know what to do with an lost arm. He could have thought that she grew a new one with healing applied. It's not like common sense is shared throughout the people. Still, Crusty shouldn't be doubted.
Dec 4, 2015 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah as if this show suddenly becoming interesting will make me like it. It's too late now. They fucked around too much during the first 21 fucking episodes. If they plan to make a season 3 and do that shit again where every episode is a build up episode and they focus on shitty characters rather than expanding the story and lore then they're better off finding another source material to butcher

best I can give this is 5.
Dec 22, 2015 5:32 AM

Mar 2012
PrimeX said:
then they're better off finding another source material to butcher

Did you read the novels? I didn't, but here's a quote from the first page of this topic:
Takuan_Soho said:
I won't go into the obvious faults of this season, but for future novels I think it wise to focus on the team, not a parts (except Shiroe). The best episodes this year are where Shiroe is leading a team either in battle or in a political contest and he is awesome, the further the story moves away from that main theme the worse it becomes. All other characters need to be developed in context of this main theme. This is why so many people think this season was "filler" when it was straight from the novels.

Emphasis mine.
Seems like the original material just wasn't stellar to begin with.

http://log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sparrows_Stretch_Their_Wings

I agree that it felt filler-y, I just don't want to dump unnecessary hate on the studio making the anime... Though I usually don't like if anime is changed too much from the original material - in this case I think I would forgive them if they souped it up a little.

Still want to see S3 when it's done (after the last 5 novels?).
Dec 29, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2015
I want more Log Horizon, I gave it 10/10 although it was 9/10 at the beginning. Only times I don't like in the LH are the times where the Children gets screentime. Nothing bad about them getting screentime, I just don't favor the children that much. Tohya saying Brother (nii) & Sister (nee) makes me want to scold him for saying that much, other than that I thought his background story was sad :|
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Dec 29, 2015 2:44 PM
Oct 2012
Kind of confused, so the anime was actually ahead of the LNs?

The volume 10 of the LN is literally the last 5 episodes of the season. And the volume was released 6 months after the last episode aired. ?_?
Jan 15, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
Lol Crusty and the arm xD

I wonder if Misa can still feel with her missing arm...

You know what Crusty could use that hand for right? :O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb627xDlqBs

Jan 19, 2016 9:14 PM
Sep 2015
Anyone noticed how that lake dude sabotaged the antenna thing? I think he wants the adventurers to stay
Feb 17, 2016 4:19 AM

Jun 2011
Terribly rushed imo.

Pros:
- Original soundtrack
- Characterization and development of the characters
- Kanami, Regan, Kazuhiko, KR.

Cons:
- Pacing (too slow at some point, too fast at some point)
- Directing, music directing (carelessly cutting off BGM proved to disrupt the flow of the moment - didn't time the BGM well)
- The way characterization and development was done, and the way it impacted the story - Cheese
- Nyanta, the kids, Tetra
- Romantic elements
- Plot/story - Not expanded enough; No proper conclusion; No proper execution (skipping details)
- Change of art style compared to LH1.
- Random sob story out of nowhere without prior buildup.
- Arcs felt like they were written to provide certain development to certain characters, and I believe this should not have been the case, it takes people like me out of the experience/immersion because the story/plot was forced into a certain direction in order to provide a good environment for the characters to carry out their role to initiate their development.

Feel like I have a lot of complaints for this season, but I'll stop here. Disappointing season overall.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 19, 2016 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
*Laughing* I actually found myself liking Tetra's antics, though his voice was highly annoying. Every time Naotsugu showed up I just waited to see if Tetra would inexplicably pop out of his shirt or armor heh heh.

I can't recall ever watching/reading an anime/manga in which the 2nd season got such a drastically different score than the first. I gave Log Horizons a 10 because it immediately grabbed my attention and thoroughly entertained me, from start to finish. I watched the first season in a single, marathon session.

While Log Horizons 2 is by no means bad, I just frequently found myself.... bored. I found myself so bored I'd be checking out threads on Gamefaqs, or checking up on NCAA Basketball scores rather than focusing on the story. And when the story finally started grabbing my attention, along comes the kid's arc, and that was that. It wouldn't re-grab my attention until the 2nd to last episode.

Unfortunately it in no way lived up to the first season for me, so I gave it a 6/10.
CasyleSep 14, 2016 3:05 PM
Feb 28, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed this season, but definitely not as much as I enjoyed the first. I am excited for the next one though. And I'm glad to know Crusty's okay!

Mar 16, 2016 6:32 PM
Nov 2015
Can anyone's tell me what's the deal between shiroe and kanami, and this season was quite a letdown compared to the first.... Nothing really happened and the kids arc was really annoying, anyway i do hope there's a season 3
Mar 26, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2015
So much action!!! But it seems everything is happening very fast.

Whaaaat!? Kanami has a kid!? Wow, that was heavily unexpected! At what age did she have it? :O B-B-But... No... I don't need to know xD. I got to admit, her response to Shiroe about not wanting to go back stroke me, didn't expect it... And actually, it was kinda good answer.

I'm impressed with this anime, another arc closes, and the future awaits. It doesn't feel like it's being milked, bit it does give the feeling it does continue, it doesn't end yet.

I'm really looking forward a 3th season whenever it comes (and I hope not animated by Deen)
Apr 18, 2016 1:01 AM
Apr 2016
Is there really going to be a 3rd season?!
And where can i read the continuation after the 2nd season ending?? Im too damn curious about what happened in the story.. 😣
Jul 30, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Oh geez Shirou figured out that boss targets those who generated the most aggro...What a fucking genius tactic...Even so he supposed to be like Lelouch of MMORPG and throught whole series everyone riding his dick because of it , he never did anything impressive ever.
On the other side, after watching two seasons in a row, I don't understand why people liked 1st season and disliked 2nd so hard. For me they are perfectly equal.
Aug 10, 2016 7:27 PM
Aug 2016
Well, now to wait 5 or 6 years for a 3rd season.......or forever.

Anyway it's slightly better than the first season. 8/10
Sep 14, 2016 11:49 AM
Aug 2015
That was a good ending.. The first season was better with great animation, but its still good to me..

8/10
Sep 19, 2016 4:04 PM
Mar 2016
the fight was epic but this ending was severely lacking.....plus no s3? so is it just gone like that?
Oct 12, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2012
After, what I call, a successful first season, this second season was severely lacking in just about everything. I like that they made more references to the real world, but after 50 episodes, I expected more. The pacing was just so slow, there were way more episodes than necessary. Decent action scenes though.

I'm a huge fan of MMOs in anime but this wasn't what I expected at all.

5/10.
Oct 23, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Fight was pretty cool, Krusty's just relaxing in the China server ...
So there has to be a season 3 now that we know SHiroe wants to connect the worlds. (Even though he doesnt even know he can go back to his own world)

The entire season felt a bit ... lacking honestly.
I kinda wanted to see more things related to the real world, how they got there etc.
The final 2 / 3 episodes kinda did that but the other 20 episodes before that were basically just some raids.

Can't give more than a 7/10 unfortunately, compared to season 1 this wasn't as engaging or exciting.
May 4, 2017 11:56 AM
Jan 2016
Not a bad ending, can't wait for season 3!
Oct 31, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
As soon as I completed watching S1 of LH, how much I took joy that there's another season to enjoy.......fuck me. This fucking mess of a season was horrible. Apart from a few eps, the fucking kids and random mis-matching arcs that had no correlation to each separate arcs was too disappointing to miss.

Also, those fucking kids and random ideas that were thrown around without even giving it a damn thought afterwards.....never thought I would be so furious and irritated on watching another season of my lovable show.
Jan 17, 2018 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Season 3 new PLZ :)

i like both seasons equally
Apr 10, 2018 1:13 PM

May 2016
Kerozinn said:
very weak season overall. 6/10
felt like a waste of time mostly
Same opinion 6/10 I feel so bad that the first season was so good and they ruined it.
May 2, 2018 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
Loved the boss fight, I wish it was extended a bit so we could see more of them in action. Just seeing Full Control Encounter in action was seriously bad-ass!

Welp, they didn't talk to the moon or the aliens there but he talked to Kanami, and now he'll have to figure out how to make a bridge connecting the old world where they came from and where they are now, instead of just figuring out a way home. Shiroe doesn't do anything by halves, does he? Build a friggin' Stargate next! And Krusty's in China...was that Misa's severed right arm? Oh boy...

9/10 for the episode and still an OK season for me so 7/10.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 2, 2018 10:31 PM
Feb 2018
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, ninja girl! Summoner, huh. He called out those monsters early. Even though they got huge damage from the summoner summoning huge monster, main guy was able to analyze and be himself. With the team's power, he was defeated.

Antenna found and fixed. Then "Kanami" appeared again. So she got a baby daughter. While talking to her, he found new goal, to connect two worlds. Another megane guy's there?!

So the enemy group includes another friend of megane guy... It ended with open ending (because there's no announcement of 3rd season).
theres supposed to be a 3rd season of it cause lot of unknown characters appear at season 2 and the girl with bunny ears
Dec 23, 2018 2:00 PM
Jul 2015
Look at these pathetic people, how they degrading the anime by impressing a score 7/lower, though they wished for an upcoming season. Hypocrite bigot!

I really enjoyed the show without comparing it towards the prequel as for each seasons are remarkably distinctive.
Feb 27, 2019 1:53 AM

Aug 2017
LoooOoL!!!😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 SHIROE 👓 just got #CUCKED 😱 #NTR 💔#NETORARED 😭👋LOL!!! 🤣😂🦀 Crab Rave Meme Shiro🇪 Crab Is a Goner Crab 🦀 XDddd im So funny The Vanilla🍦Fags are Triggered!!! :P Log Hirozon Author just pissed off😠😠😡 all Vanilla🍦Fags!!! Click Here To Find Out How!!! 😮 Vanilla🍦fags HATE It! 😠😠😡

Fan Theory time:
Ok so GATE anime is bassicaly LOG HIROZON world connected to real world because they travel back and forth so if you want LOG HIROZON sequel just watch GATE. Also the openign is LIT AF 🔥🔥🔥
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

162 by l9kyubyu »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.