Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 1:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, ninja girl! Summoner, huh. He called out those monsters early. Even though they got huge damage from the summoner summoning huge monster, main guy was able to analyze and be himself. With the team's power, he was defeated.

Antenna found and fixed. Then "Kanami" appeared again. So she got a baby daughter. While talking to her, he found new goal, to connect two worlds. Another megane guy's there?!

So the enemy group includes another friend of megane guy... It ended with open ending (because there's no announcement of 3rd season).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 28, 2015 5:14 AM

Nov 2012
the group defeated the final boss and protected the antenna. sadly we won't see them actually working on connecting the 2 worlds, and i guess season 3 won't come any time soon :/
and those 10 seconds of krusty were such a tease.

6/10, the first season was better.
Mar 28, 2015 5:14 AM

Jan 2010
Another open ending, but overall this season wasn't as good as the first. If they do make a third season, assuming sales are good enough, then the beyond-open ending will be okay.

It did end on a positive note, but adding in all the extra plot threads on top of the already open ending is pretty daring. Just have to see what happens.
Mar 28, 2015 5:36 AM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed the boss battle, however this season definitely wasn't as amazing as the first one. After 25 episodes it does not feel like we have accomplished anything. We are still "stuck" in the game, and with an open ending.

7/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 28, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
I gave it a 9/10 because I love Log Horizon.

I think there won't be a third Season, because you can see at the end of the episode is "The End"
Mar 28, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this season, not as much as the first but these last few episodes truly did make up for it. 8/10 for me.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 28, 2015 5:44 AM

Sep 2013
Shiroe and Kannami's long awaited reunion, kind of. Glad to see they remembered that Krusty exists and we ended on a high note. No announcement for a third season but with it being up to date I suppose that's expected.
Not as good as the first season but there's no denying I want more all the same.
Mar 28, 2015 5:56 AM
Jan 2011
Great last episode. Overall very good series

8/9 out of 10

hoping in a s3
Mar 28, 2015 5:58 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I enjoyed the final episode with the battle against the raid boss. Started out in the form of an old hermit then evolved into a monster then a complete abomination as a final form. Everyone in the raid worked so hard in taking down the raid boss. It was intense!

I'm in favor of the third option! Connect Elder Tale to the real world! :D Unlock the Logout option?

Well this final episode was my favorite episode from this season, so second season as a whole gets a solid 8/10 from me. :) Dunno if they'll continue this with a season 3 but I'll watch it too if it does come true.
Mar 28, 2015 5:59 AM

Sep 2013
The final episode alone worth more than all the 24 episode of the season 2 combined.
Mar 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
Best episode of the 2nd season. Now waiting for BD's maybe with the quality fixed i will be liked a little more.
Mar 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Nov 2012
On what we stay now?
How much of the LN this season covered and how much parts LN has currently?

I wonder if s3 has any chance.

Mar 28, 2015 6:11 AM

Jul 2014
First half was good, the next arc after Akihabara Raid was awful but the last raid was great, so in the end it earned a solid 8 from me. Would watch again after english dub comes out.
Mar 28, 2015 6:13 AM

Mar 2012
Krunchy said:
On what we stay now?
How much of the LN this season covered and how much parts LN has currently?

I wonder if s3 has any chance.

All of the volumes have been covered up to the latest one: volume 10 web novel....there are still 5 volumes left to adapt but they have to be written first cause mamare said the series will finish with 15 volumes.

Each season adapted 5 LN each...all it needs now is to wait for the last volumes to be published and one more season to be released to finish the story. At best i would say a new season would come out in 1 1/2 to 2 years time

Sales don't matter cause this is a NHK sponsored show, so it will happen sooner or later :)
Mar 28, 2015 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
Finale felt weird. I didn't mind the final boss Taliktan being some pro summoner but the fight itself and the aftermath just weird. I guess they didn't want the adventures to end any time soon.

Not sure how this was adapted from the LN from here since I haven't caught up to the latest volume. Anyways, fight was alright but Kanami's appearance didn't really impress me. Felt like the series had to add some comedy moments for moderate reactions. The show overall was quite fun though imo.

7/10. Not as good as first season indeed. Even animation quality didn't match the caliber of it. Sigh. But overall, it was a fun season.
Mar 28, 2015 6:18 AM

Oct 2014
5/10

Doesn't really hold a candle to season 1, but I do admit the last episode was fairly enjoyable, as LH redefines their final end goal. Also William was pretty much the highlight of season 2 no denying that.

Hopefully we don't have wait long for a season 3.

Sidenote: A severe lack of glasses pushing compared to season one... what a travesty.

D3pthChargeMar 28, 2015 9:50 AM
Mar 28, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2013
7/10
Good season overall but didn't match the first one sadly
Hope we get a season 3
Mar 28, 2015 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
That was a lot of action jam-packed into the first half of this episode.

It seems like Krusty is armed and dangerous in China.
Mar 28, 2015 6:30 AM

May 2012
6/10 for this season

I enjoyed it a lot but some bits felt unnecessary or boring.
OlemMar 28, 2015 6:36 AM

Mar 28, 2015 6:44 AM

Nov 2012
[b]love is Log Horizon :3[/b]
Mar 28, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2009
Actually, this ending was well done. They ended the series in a smooth fashion. They closed off the arcs, gave grounds for a third season, and cleaned off the remaining issues (war, etc). I think this ending was skillfully done. It may be open, but that's because there is definitely more to come; whether they have the funds to make a season 3, or are forced to relay to viewers that they must read the LN to find out more has yet to be decided.

Fafnir series could learn a thing or two from Log Horizon! :)

Personally, I believe they've left enough open content for the series to reach episode 100 and beyond.

StevenHu said:
snicker Good one
Mar 28, 2015 6:45 AM
May 2013
That raid was brilliant!!! Bring on S3.... Whenever that may be!
Mar 28, 2015 6:54 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Shiroe went boss mode, took down a big tank and finished him with a big bang. Have Naotsugu and Akatsuki be the ones to deliver the final blow.

Amazing how Shiroe was able to predict who would get hit from that "High Aggro" move or whatever it is called.

Well at least Akatsuki knows Kanami's voice. I'm still waiting for those two to meet. I felt a bit bad for Shiroe because Kanami mentioned she has a kid. Shiroe was shocked and looked a bit sad since he probably had feelings for her. The good thing is, Crusty is back. We still don't know where that sword did to him or how he was found by Kanami, but perhaps a Season 3 could explain that.

Overall pretty good show. 7/10

Oh Nazuna, she's way too adorable

Mar 28, 2015 6:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As a raid boss, pro-summoner Taliktan wasn't really anything special. Rather, he got taken down pretty easily. Kinda disappointing..

I thought "connecting the two worlds" was what Shiroe was going for in the first place, instead of leaving the game once and for all. But I guess they needed a scope to uphold it, which in this case was Kanami wishing to show the world of Elder Tale to her daughter.

How the hell Crusty ended up in the Chinese sever? The Flavor Text must've had a radical change for that to happen! What is he carrying anyways? O.o

Not a bad end to the arc, but could've certainly been executed better. 6.5-7/10 Overall. I do hope for a 3rd season, but preferably from another studio than DEEN.

Mar 28, 2015 7:02 AM

May 2012
Vindstot said:
What is he carrying anyways? O.o

The dark haired lady in Crusty's guild... Lemme look her up

http://myanimelist.net/character/96885/Misa_Takayama

Her arm. She's now using a prosthetic one in place of it
OlemMar 28, 2015 7:08 AM

Mar 28, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2010
thaumx said:
Another open ending, but overall this season wasn't as good as the first. If they do make a third season, assuming sales are good enough, then the beyond-open ending will be okay..

I agree that overall this season wasn't as good as first one, but I think it is namely the fillers that made it bad (and the story from 6th volume that is also a filler for me). The other episodes like Shiroe doing the raid with Suskino's guilds and what was happening at the end of the season were quite good.
Mar 28, 2015 7:13 AM

Jul 2014
Log Horizon sure knows how to go out with a bang. This was definitely one of the better episodes of this second season (which was somewhat lackluster compared to the first), even if it does leave tons of questions that may not be answered for a long time yet.

Hope we get a 3rd season, but I don't know how long it will take for there to be enough source matieral for that, or if the sales are even good enough to justify the possibility.
Mar 28, 2015 7:19 AM

Apr 2012
Clearly not enough material for a full second season but they did it anyway, I guess because of the release of SAO2. Having Studio Deen take over didn't help things either. 5/10.
Mar 28, 2015 7:22 AM
Dec 2010
This season was terrible. They literally took every reason why Log Horizon was brilliant and ruined it.
Mar 28, 2015 7:25 AM
Oct 2012
SweetKotomi said:
Well at least Akatsuki knows Kanami's voice. I'm still waiting for those two to meet. I felt a bit bad for Shiroe because Kanami mentioned she has a kid. Shiroe was shocked and looked a bit sad since he probably had feelings for her.

I think there was far more to that scene. 3-4 years ago was when Kanami left Log Horizon and went to Europe, that is not a coincidence. Which raises the question of both why she left and why Inticus calls Shiroe "the traitor" immediately after (Kanami leaving is why she hates Shiroe so much). Put those two things together and we can guess what was being suggested (though maybe not where the writer wants to go).

I won't go into the obvious faults of this season, but for future novels I think it wise to focus on the team, not a parts (except Shiroe). The best episodes this year are where Shiroe is leading a team either in battle or in a political contest and he is awesome, the further the story moves away from that main theme the worse it becomes. All other characters need to be developed in context of this main theme. This is why so many people think this season was "filler" when it was straight from the novels.
Mar 28, 2015 7:39 AM
Feb 2015
Oh yea kanami is back!! And she has a kid??? Shiro is it yours? xD
Looks like there is gonna be another season with this ending? Hopefully it will come back soon :D

Well I have to agree with everyone, 1st season is much better than this 2nd season. Let's hope that if there is another season they would do muh better.
VoltMALMar 28, 2015 7:44 AM
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 28, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
This last episodes were good, if the whole 2nd season was like this it would have been much better. 7/10.
Mar 28, 2015 7:58 AM
Feb 2014
Just one word: disappointing.

I loved the first season so much that I was able to watch all the episodes in around 3 days. With me watching some episodes multiple times afterwards. I even went as far as to personally recommend it to all my manga / anime (and some MMORPG) loving friends and told them that if they found SAO even a tiny bit interesting, they'd love this Anime.

As for this season, it was the complete opposite. I found myself skipping multiple parts because of how dragging / forced they felt. Fillers (TBH I'm not sure if they are fillers or if they were actual chapters in the story since the translation of the light-novel has been stopped) achieved the opposite of what they should and just made episodes feel empty and completely pointless. From the change in animation / drawing style to the way the story was told... it all seemed "different"... and not for the better.

While waiting for this season I read the light novel and was looking forward to the "Gold of the Kunie" arc. Come 2nd season, even the boss fights were butchered. There was so much to be told / shown during that arc, especially during the boss fights. Well, to cut it short, the "Gold of the Kunie" arc was extremely underwhelming + disappointing but the bad thing is that every single episode that followed achieved to underwhelm + disappoint even more.

The light novel deserves a far better anime adaptation. Despite that, if ever the third season gets confirmed, I'll be sure to check the first few episodes out and decide it I'll drop watching this Anime altogether. I won't be actively waiting for a continuation unlike when a good anime season ends tough.
Mar 28, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
Make yourself a favor and read the novels.

» Escapism.

Mar 28, 2015 8:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really good finale

Did not expect to find out that best girl Kanami was a mommy =o I found it to be incredibly kawaii how much she cares about her child >//< The chemistry that she has with Shiroe is perfect, I always liked the idea that she used to be shipped with him but now I'm all aboard that ship

The raid boss battle was pretty awesome as well, and seeing everyone work together and go all out as well as sering Demi cry over his wife lol was really great to see

I liked the ending resolve that Shiroe and Kanami came up with as well because personally I didn't like the idea of them leaving this world forever so I'm glad that they want to unite the twin world's now. I'm also glad that they finally addressed the Krusty issue. I would have never guessed that he would be in China's server with Kanami lol

Overall this season had its ups and downs but as a whole it all flowed well and the character development in it was well done

7.5-8/10 Can't believe it's over :(
Mar 28, 2015 8:17 AM

Jul 2010
This was a pretty nice final episode.

Seeing Shiroe back into full power to defeat that boss.

The talk with Kanami was fun with how an alternative mindset is there too with connecting the two worlds. That does sound really interesting.

Crusty finally showing up back at the Chinese server. I actually enjoyed this equally when compared to the first season, I didn't mind the differences in the focus for a while.
Mar 28, 2015 8:20 AM

May 2014
1/10 Boring Horizon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
10/10 and haters go watch MLP.
Mar 28, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
WuBoyBR said:
1/10 Boring Horizon
I smell hate [/quote]
Mar 28, 2015 9:07 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
I overall enjoyed it.
Mar 28, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Gotta admit, I only liked the Gold something arc and that last arc before the season ended. I found myself skipping through episodes, trying to find something interesting and worthwhile to watch, but never got it. But that last episode sure did get my hopes up for any upcoming season.

7/10 Kanami and Shiroe talking > Entire season 2
Recommend me an anime
Mar 28, 2015 9:31 AM

Mar 2010
Demi x Wife LOLLL
WOOT CRUSTY IS FINALLY BACK...

Gave it a 7 just because of above^
StardewMar 28, 2015 9:35 AM
Mar 28, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
While there were some parts that were quite drawn out, overall really enjoyed this season :O

Can't wait to see season 3, while there wasn't an immediate next season announcement like last time, it looks really promising.
Mar 28, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2013
Man. Well I'm obviously expecting a third season. At least everything was explained somewhat.
Mar 28, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2012
I am not happy with the end and like everyone said, season 1 was better. I'm not sure if I want to see a third season but it feels so uncomplete so let the author finish the series and then make an adaption hopefully with a good end and maybe a little real life stuff, that would be great ^^
Mar 28, 2015 9:49 AM

May 2010
hopefully there will be a 3rd season to wrap everything up
Mar 28, 2015 9:59 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Olem said:
Vindstot said:
What is he carrying anyways? O.o

The dark haired lady in Crusty's guild... Lemme look her up

http://myanimelist.net/character/96885/Misa_Takayama

Her arm. She's now using a prosthetic one in place of it

Oh, that makes sense and now I get the joke someone made earlier.
StevenHu said:

Mar 28, 2015 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
Now this is how a Log Horizon episode should look like.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 28, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2010
very weak season overall. 6/10
felt like a waste of time mostly
Mar 28, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
It wasn't that bad as most people make it sound but meh. It was not as good as the first season that is for sure. 7/10 I would still like a 3rd season. I don't enjoy open endings like this. They didn't achieve anything on this seasons besides learning more things about this world.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

162 by l9kyubyu »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.