Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2015 9:03 PM

Jul 2011
I was just thinking about people who are so desensitised that they have no emotional reaction at all to horrific news/photos/videos (of murder, torture, etc) and was inspired to make this thread.

Do you only, or mostly, care about yourself and your personal desires (or do you ever put others before yourself)?
Do you try to help others? It doesnt count if youre only doing it for your own benefit.
Do you have empathy for people and animals?
How do you feel about people who are self-centered/uncaring, and why do you think they are that way?
Mar 27, 2015 9:15 PM

Dec 2009
All that matters is how I feel
'Good' or 'bad', 'right' or 'wrong', it means nothing to me unless it pumps endorphins through my system. I do things both selfish and selfless, virtuous and monstrous. It's all the same to me, because it's all done for my own benefit
Everything is so pointless and hopeless and disgusting and idiotic, so inevitably doomed to wither under entropy in all aspects, there's ultimately no reason to care about anything else. Why bother? It's all just going to collapse into dust and just be fucking awful in the meantime. I see no need to fool myself with delusions of grandeur. I, like everyone else, am just some stupid little monkey, here to get myself off as much as possible before I become a corpse
What could I be, but what I am?

Does that answer the question(s)?
Mar 27, 2015 9:16 PM

Sep 2012
I like to pretend I'm insensitive and apathetic but I'm pretty much the exact opposite.

I absolutely adore when I get to help others just for sake of helping and I want to make that a big part of my life some day, but my life is so ridiculously fucked up atm that I have to put myself as a priority. I'm barely in a fit state to even help myself, let alone other people.

I come across as very very selfish quite often because of that, even though I don't believe I'm all that selfish of a person.
KorrvoMar 27, 2015 9:19 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Mar 27, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
So kind of like narcissism?

No
Sometimes
Yes
I usually think they're unhappy. Nature vs nurture.
Mar 27, 2015 9:29 PM

Oct 2012
i am neither
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 27, 2015 9:56 PM

Jun 2014
Yes I am
Fuck you
Mar 27, 2015 9:57 PM
Dec 2014
I am not either
Mar 27, 2015 9:58 PM

Nov 2013
I find I am insensitive sometimes. Especially around girls.

Sometimes you say something that upsets them and you don't even know what you said wrong.
BaileyyMar 27, 2015 10:18 PM
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Mar 27, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2014
marriage said:
Do you only, or mostly, care about yourself and your personal desires (or do you ever put others before yourself)?
i usually put others needs before mine
Do you try to help others? It doesnt count if youre only doing it for your own benefit.
yes
yes
How do you feel about people who are self-centered/uncaring, and why do you think they are that way?
indifferent and idk
Mar 27, 2015 10:17 PM

Jul 2014
I tend to be more sensitive towards my friends and people I know, but overall I'm pretty insensitive.

Mar 27, 2015 10:18 PM

May 2012
Dojourei said:
I tend to be more sensitive towards my friends and people I know, but overall I'm pretty insensitive.

dojo aint got no heart.
Mar 27, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Dojourei said:

dojo aint got no heart.

You right I don't.

Mar 27, 2015 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
I don't react to horrific news/photos/videos (of murder, torture, etc) at all, which has led me to question whether I'm lacking something upstairs. It's triggered a curiosity to read about psychology and stuff too, as well as a bit of philosophy. Maybe I'm just an autistic retard that can't process stuff like that, or maybe I have sociopathic tendencies. It's not something that I feel comfortable talking about, because people automatically assume that I have no heart.

But the thing is, I care very deeply about people that I have strong emotional attachment to, so I obviously have empathy. I care deeply about cats as well. I love cats. There are also rare instances when I get this emotional reaction to certain stuff, but I can't really describe it. It's more like a dull gut feeling.

I am a kind person though, and I try to help everyone that seeks it. People sometimes say that I'm insensitive, but I do care. I just don't feel much on an emotional level, unless it's about close connections. I wouldn't describe myself as selfish. I spend a great deal of time looking out for others.
Mar 27, 2015 10:31 PM

Feb 2015
Yes.
Mar 27, 2015 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
Yupp.
Mar 27, 2015 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
Moog- said:
I don't react to horrific news/photos/videos (of murder, torture, etc) at all, which has led me to question whether I'm lacking something upstairs. It's triggered a curiosity to read about psychology and stuff too, as well as a bit of philosophy. Maybe I'm just an autistic retard that can't process stuff like that, or maybe I have sociopathic tendencies. It's not something that I feel comfortable talking about, because people automatically assume that I have no heart.

I feel like its common for people to just not care much about things that dont happen to them or their loved ones, since Ive met lots of people like that, but I still think its weird how someone can read or watch a story about like... someone being kidnapped and tortured for 10 years and have their only reaction be something like "well that sucks"
Mar 27, 2015 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, I am selfish. But at the same time, I'm being selfish right now because I want to live a fulfilled life to help more lives other than mine.
Mar 28, 2015 12:24 AM

Feb 2015
I like to think that I am a kindhearted person but deep down I know that I'm selfish. It's kinda sad.
Mar 28, 2015 12:28 AM

Apr 2014
if anything I'm too much of the opposite
Mar 28, 2015 6:42 AM

Mar 2014
It's not called being selfish, it's called "being generous to yourself"
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2015 6:46 AM
Nov 2014
Nihility said:
Yes I am
Fuck you
Mar 28, 2015 6:47 AM

Mar 2008
selfish - yup
insensitive - no
Mar 28, 2015 6:56 AM
Jan 2014
marriage said:

Mostly about myself, but I do put those close to me first sometimes.

Not really.

People ? No, Animals ? Yes.

I don't care about them lol.
Mar 28, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2011
I mostly care about myself unless I'm with someone who I really want to make happy. I think of myself last in that case.

Do I feel empathy for people? Not for everyone. Animals? Of course, and more than humans.

I don't blame people who are self-centered/uncaring for being that way. I learned to be more self-centered and I'm happier now.

TL;DR - I'm selfish and insensitive unless I like you very much.
Mar 28, 2015 7:15 AM
Dec 2014
I am insensitive. My kokoro knows that bad things are actually bad, but it doesn't go brokoro.

Humans are selfish and we can't do nothing about it.
j
Mar 28, 2015 7:18 AM

Nov 2010
marriage said:
Do you only, or mostly, care about yourself and your personal desires?
Sometimes.
marriage said:
Don't count me then.
marriage said:
Yes.
marriage said:
They're obnoxious. Because that's the way this world works.
Mar 28, 2015 7:27 AM

Oct 2014

I'm a selfish fuck, often put myself first, most always, though they are definitely times or instances when I put others before myself.

Do you try to help others?

Absolutely! Anyway I can help whether it be for animals, cancer patients, the homeless, giving my own personal advice to a friend, acquaintance, what have you.

[size=200]YES![/SIZE]

Can't stand uncaring, insensitive, and completely self-centered people. Especially when they're nothing but a bunch of kids who think being apathetic is somehow cute.

I personally think they are that way because they have problems, like they just need to talk to someone, they keep things bottled up, etc.

Maybe their just sad, and angry and that is how they deal with it?

Maybe they're insecure (Don't know what for!)?

Nah, but seriously, maybe the just have some deep rooted insecurities, respectfully, and being uncaring or whatever is how they deal with it?

I don't know, I think people are uncaring and all of that jazz for a loot of reasons. Who am to say why they are that way, yeah?
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 7:35 AM
Mar 28, 2015 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
I am an extremely empathetic person. I remember seeing a few of those crazy videos my friends claimed to "not bother them" and I honestly felt physically ill after watching just one of them.

As for insensitivity, I can be a little insensitive sometimes but I just take a step back, try to chill out, be open minded and can eventually see someone else's side of things.

I think it became "cool" to be desensitized. It made you look like you could handle anything. Some people go as far as to laugh at stuff like that, and those are people I refuse to associate with.

I live with a complete narcissist which has made me pretty aware and caucious of how selfish people can be. It's cool to care about yourself and think nicely of yourself but don't take it to the extreme, y'know? And people come back at you with "Well, wouldn't you rather me love myself too much than hate myself?" I never know how to reply to that, because it is true, but taking it to the extreme in any case is too much and shouldn't be tolerated so it's like "Well, I wouldn't want you to be either of those ways..."
Narukami no sukoshi toyomite
(A faint clap of thunder)
sashi kumori
(Clouded skies)
Ame mo furanu ka?
(Perhaps rain comes)
Kimi wo todomemu
(If so, will you stay here with me?)

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

10 by xthewarwithinx »»
6 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

30 by Sad »»
6 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

12 by Taiyaa »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

84 by Sad »»
11 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

46 by haaku-san »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.