Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 31, 2015 2:31 AM
Sep 2014
Alpha101 said:
The only reason anyone would hate naruto is because they haven't seen the pain arc.

I don't hate it. but it has major flaws.
And that's why I can't give it more than 5/10.
Mar 31, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2010
Alpha101 said:
The only reason anyone would hate naruto is because they haven't seen the pain arc.
Or because they hate one or more of the other arcs in the series. The Pain arc is one 40 episode or so arc in an almost 600 episode series.

Alskan said:
Most of them have dull fillers and/or cheap pandering which is understandable given their popularity. Normally I don't really mind someone liking a mainstream series unless they praise it like it's the best anime ever made and everything else is worthless (I know a couple naruto fans like this).
I don't think you know what mainstream means. Not all or most of them are longrunning battle shounen. In Japan most are family anime and in the west about half may be longrunning battle shounen but a lot are kids anime.
Mar 31, 2015 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
It's called padding. And is that really a big enough reason to hate the show over?

How is padding not enough of a reason to hate a show? It's pointless, boring and takes up a lot of time.
Mar 31, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2010
DrCoppelius said:
tsudecimo said:
It's called padding. And is that really a big enough reason to hate the show over?

How is padding not enough of a reason to hate a show? It's pointless, boring and takes up a lot of time.
Well technically padding isn't pointless, its point is to pad. And the rest depends on the person watching the show.
Mar 31, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
DrCoppelius said:
tsudecimo said:

It's there to extend content. Like filler, it's main purpose, is to give a breather to the studio, and to have a safe distance from the source material.

You are going to hate a long series, because some episodes, have a couple of unneeded flashbacks? I don't think that's a valid reason, but to each his own.
Mar 31, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2015
I don't understand either some mainstream shows sre okay depends on what you define as a main stream anime.
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Mar 31, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
most of the anime people called mainstream isn't even mainstream. I would rather people use the word popular instead.
Mar 31, 2015 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Alpha101 said:
Or because they hate one or more of the other arcs in the series. The Pain arc is one 40 episode or so arc in an almost 600 episode series.

Alskan said:
Most of them have dull fillers and/or cheap pandering which is understandable given their popularity. Normally I don't really mind someone liking a mainstream series unless they praise it like it's the best anime ever made and everything else is worthless (I know a couple naruto fans like this).
I don't think you know what mainstream means. Not all or most of them are longrunning battle shounen. In Japan most are family anime and in the west about half may be longrunning battle shounen but a lot are kids anime.

I know a lot of them aren't battle shonens, I just gave the most popular example at least in my country, even when SnK was airing you could see some people hyping it but it wasn't even close to others.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 4 hours ago

23 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

68 by DarkFirefly72 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

26 by Ex-Aid »»
21 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 7 hours ago

12 by Ex-Aid »»
34 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

100 by FanofAction »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.