Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 9:48 AM
Jun 2013
animeranker98 said:
Now that I think about it, when the original manga ended, I was like what just happened and after a while I got depressed.
But the presentation of the anime really got me sad from mid-way of the episode.Very well directed.
I still think the brutal death of Kaneki should have been shown.
except he isn't dead....
Mar 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
animeranker98 said:
Now that I think about it, when the original manga ended, I was like what just happened and after a while I got depressed.
But the presentation of the anime really got me sad from mid-way of the episode.Very well directed.

yeah, manga watchers hating on the ending forgot this news lol

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-12/tokyo-ghoul-manga-to-end-this-month/.78700
Mar 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Vindstot said:

Decent finale. That :RE cafe signboard gives me hope that there'll be a 3rd season someday.

no, NO 3rd SEASON WITH PIERROT COMPLETLY DESTROYING THE MANGA!
FIRST REMAKE OF THE WHOLE TOKYO GHOUL PART, THEN WE CAN DISCUSS ABOUT A CONTINUATION!
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 26, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!
Did Kaneki die or not?
And so Hide was the person who Kaneki is carrying...

Damn. I'm too confused about that episode. I can't say if it was good or not.

Mar 26, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2012
Wasn't too suprised by the bad ending, when the rest of the adaption was dreadful. Why pierrot?
Mar 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
NO YOU CANT USE 'UNRAVEL' Again in the last episode of the season to make up for the past failures of the season. While it worked for the 1st season, 2nd season just had to much holes. Im so disappointed from this show
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Aug 2013
I can definitely see a season 3 in the distant future (when the manga gets further) and I feel that this ending would flow better into :re than the manga's abrupt ending. This episode was probably the best this season. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. It felt so heartwarming. I personally think that Arima didn't kill Kaneki (unless snow seriously piled up). But the way how this season ended was much better than season 1.

May 2013
Not even Ling Tosite Sigure saved it... boy was that whole walk anticlimatic.

Dec 2013
That's it? Wow, that was such a waste of my time. I can't believe they're just going to end it there without any closure what so ever. Sigh, whatever. 2 out 10.
TobiMar 26, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 26, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
abyss333 said:
NO YOU CANT USE 'UNRAVEL' Again in the last episode of the season to make up for the past failures of the season. While it worked for the 1st season, 2nd season just had to much holes. Im so disappointed from this show

I concur. It felt really out of place.
Mar 26, 2015 9:54 AM

Mar 2015
horrible edgy mindless action shounen in disguise is over

Content was bad,but the visuals and Ost were good.I knew they would play unravel again ;D
And there is an ova announced...whatever I really don't care about this anime anymore,but I'm glad that I picked up some manga volumes.
It's kinda sad how the adaptations overall turned out in comparison to what it could have been...
Mar 26, 2015 9:55 AM
Mar 2015
GreenBenjamin said:
animeranker98 said:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-12/tokyo-ghoul-manga-to-end-this-month/.78700

What are you trying to say??? There is a sequel called tokyo ghoul :re.
Mar 26, 2015 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
abyss333 said:

The plot-holes came up in season 1. Season 2 did it's best to cover it up.
Mar 26, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
fourbucks said:
GreenBenjamin said:

What are you trying to say??? There is a sequel called tokyo ghoul :re.

Yes but we did not know there was going to be a sequel till like a month later. Ishida was silent about it.
Mar 26, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Zer01 said:
That's it? Wow, that was such a waste of my time. I can't believe they're just going to end it there without any closure what so ever. Sigh, whatever. 2 out 10.

Seriously, 2/10. How about animes like Mars of destruction?
Mar 26, 2015 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
animeranker98 said:
Zer01 said:

I like those type of anime because they're so bad it's good
Mar 26, 2015 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
Meh ending...

5/10

parasyte > tokyo ghoul
Mar 26, 2015 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
HeroKenzan said:
horrible edgy mindless action shounen in disguise is over

Content was bad,but the visuals and Ost were good.I knew they would play unravel again ;D
And there is an ova announced...whatever I really don't care about this anime anymore,but I'm glad that I picked up some manga volumes.
It's kinda sad how the adaptations overall turned out in comparison to what it could have been...

Yeah but the manga is definitely not a horrible mindless shounen if that's what you were implying.

Apr 2014
Zer01 said:

It was 3 but now a 2? Ok tell me did the manga have a proper closure? Did you rate the manga a 2 as well because of the inconclusive ending?

Sep 2013
I am drawing a huge blank right now. Nothing really happened in this episode (yes, I know a lot happened but "nothing" happened). Touka running for the past 3 episodes and finally reached her 'destination', lol. Never expected that was Hide.

I don't know. Not really satisfied with the ending (if you can call it that). So we are to assume that a huge battle was fought b/w Kaneki and Arima and Kaneki is "MIA". And as much as I love Papa A, I couldn't help but laugh seeing him. He finally spoke something. lel.

What was the point of Kaneki joining Aogiri? Absolutely nothing.

8.5/10 (7.5 voice acting and music, 1 story).
Mar 26, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
Awww that episode was so sad...

Poor hide, well at least now we know who he was holding in that picture.
Really hope there will be season 3
Mar 26, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2011
BakaDood said:
Well, that was completely different from the manga. First of all,
. And then there's the fact that Touka's hairstyle still hasn't changed -____-.

Regardless even though the end was okay and I loved the last few minutes especially the bit with Kaneki and Hide I hated this second season, it screwed everything up and there was no point. The manga is incredible though and does a lot more so if you want to read it please do because its much better.
Mar 26, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
Taito10 said:

parasyte > tokyo ghoul

Definitely man. That's why Kiseijuu is still ranked #200 in the manga rankings as compared to #26 of TG.

And ofc, the fact that Kiseijuu is so 'popular' given that the anime sales were a complete flop.

Sep 2012
Such a great Season after S1's massive disappointment.

Thoroughly pleased with it and I know that there will be a third season.

At least there's that ova first.
Oh god who are you people?

Jul 2014
Z4k said:

It was 3 but now a 2? Ok tell me did the manga have a proper closure? Did you rate the manga a 2 as well because of the inconclusive ending?

Mangapurist man. One day seeing these, Ishida himself will blush.
Mar 2015
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/tokyo-ghoul-jack-spinoff-gets-original-video-anime/.86400

The link to the tokyo ghoul jack confirmation. It also says that there is more planned for the franchise! season 3???
Mar 26, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
Zer01 said:
animeranker98 said:

That way of thinking is kinda sad.
Mar 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
Zer01 said:

Well, considering that RE is a sequel to the manga that it's still on-going im not sure if it's going to have a closure ending or not. Plus, I was reading the TG manga while TG RE was on going
Mar 26, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Tyrel said:
Zer01 said:

That way of thinking is kinda sad.
It's only enjoyable when you're watching it with a friend
Mar 26, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
Zer01 said:
Z4k said:

Well, considering that RE is a sequel to the manga that it's still on-going im not sure if it's going to have a closure ending or not. Plus, I was reading the TG manga while TG RE was on going

Then too bad you don't understand the shock some mangareaders had to endure when it ended abruptly within a week. There was no sign of a sequel for a month but you didn't see everyone bashing it for being inconclusive.
Mar 26, 2015 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
Taito10 said:
parasyte > tokyo ghoul

It was a flop in Japan. Just stop already.
Mar 26, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
i liked they episode it was beautiful but...
it was so sudden and they cut out so much... i do feel like this is the kind of ending kaneki had coming like they said at the beginning.

If, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy.

The end of kaneki the beginning of Haise.
Mar 26, 2015 10:13 AM
Jan 2014
I'm not a manga reader for TA so I'm utterly confused as to what most people are even talking about. Why is it a troll that they showed Touka and a new cafe at the ending? What? I may sound really dumb but I've never picked up the TA manga so what the hell is happening, so confused with this. Still loved it though, just would like some filling in the holes.
Mar 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Taito10 said:
parasyte > tokyo ghoul

Lol.The only characters in Parasyte were Izumi,Migi and Reiko. I don't see why Parasyte gets so much of love.It's good but c'mon guys it's nowhere near a masterpiece.
Mar 26, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
Zer01 said:

Then too bad you don't understand the shock some mangareaders had to endure when it ended abruptly within a week. There was no sign of a sequel for a month but you didn't see everyone bashing it for being inconclusive.

yeah too bad
Mar 26, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was awful
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Mar 26, 2015 10:17 AM

Sep 2011
animeranker98 said:
Z4k said:

Lol.The only characters in Parasyte were Izumi,Migi and Reiko. I don't see why Parasyte gets so much of love.It's good but c'mon guys it's nowhere near a masterpiece.
We're comparing it to Tokyo Ghoul... It's not a masterpiece, but it's better than S1 and S2 of Ghoul, that's for sure.
Mar 26, 2015 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
Eleven episodes void of content and a decent final episode.

Wasn't enough to save it tho, 4/10
Mar 26, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Tyrel said:
animeranker98 said:

We're comparing it to Tokyo Ghoul... It's not a masterpiece, but it's better than S1 and S2 of Ghoul, that's for sure.
Tyrel said:
animeranker98 said:

Parasyte was a 10/10 for the first half but seriously, towards the end TGA did way better than Parasyte. That's my opinion, I respect yours as well. I don't want to start a fire.

Feb 2010
animeranker98 said:
Z4k said:

Mushishi's only character is Ginko.

Your point?
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.

Aug 2014
You have to realize, no one mentioned Hide being dead. Why else would Kaneki carry his corpse in the midst of the CCG? Maybe to get medical attention, idk. And Kaneki didn't die, there was no indication. -cliffhangers all over the damn place-

Mar 26, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
Im so confused did he die or what please help??!!
Mar 26, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2010
Feels was nice. but c'mon man this had to be the easiest episode they made. so many still screens and loops I cant even remember how many time I had to skip.

still a decent adaptation for an anime original route. at least they didn't Akame Ga Kill us. hahaha that would have been nice though.

people bitching about "why did they have to do an original route" c'mon let be honest there's no way they could have adapted the "Kaneki the ghoul" route properly in just 12 episodes.

TheLastKing360Mar 26, 2015 11:00 AM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 26, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
ReinhardVonMusel said:
animeranker98 said:

Mushishi's only character is Ginko.

Your point?

Haven't watched Musishi. In Parasyte, the side characters were awful. It had a pretty big cast. All the characters in the show were dumb other than Izumi,Reiko,Migi and some other parasyte. The human intellectual mind was very weak compared to the parasyte's shown.
Mar 26, 2015 10:23 AM

Dec 2010
WTF so the body he was holding was Hide........

Not the ending I was expecting, but very emotional.
Mar 26, 2015 10:24 AM
Dec 2013
Sooo... All the changes in this season just for this ? Am I the only one who expected to learn a lot more about aogiri in this season, since it would take some times in the manga ?

It's disappointing, really, we end up more or less at the same point than in the manga. It just answers one question about Hide, i thought we could learn something about him like he was a little mysterious, but nope, he dies.Weeeell ok. I guess we could say that he must have died in the manga too then. ( Or it could really be not the case and he could really be special in the manga é_é )

So, Touka coming changed nothing. And Amon's disappearance makes no sense since he didn't encounter you know who. Worst, he really disappeared and is not thought as dead...

What was the point in going to aogiri ? The point with all the time seeing Eto laughing ? I was hoping to see her do something with kaneki this time :<

Is this just for the sake of seeing Hide's death or what ?
ProdMar 26, 2015 10:34 AM
Mar 26, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
after rewatching it...
yup, no arima vs kaneki, no V14, no pierrot, no twins, no doc kanou, no sachi and why he is with aogiri, no explanation why aogiri did interfer with the CCG raid, no explanation why only now little owl did what she did

seriously, if they are going for a 3rd season without reanimaing it correctly, gotta rage hard .__.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 26, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Roelm1 said:
Im so confused did he die or what please help??!!

They are saying interpret how you want it if you want something more whit that ending read the TG manga and start reading on TG:RE

Dec 2010
Adaptation was pure trash, I don't even care anymore. I don't think Pierrot realised what kind of popularity TG would gain and hit a brick wall because no budget.

Jul 2014
Unravel!

Great finale all around really, though I never expected Hide to die, even if it did make sense that he wouldn't have escaped Noro without some damage. I'm a bit iritated that they didn't show Kaneki vs Arima, but the blow is softened somewhat by all the other battles this season.

Still a few things unexplained though, so I'm really hoping for a season 3 here, especially with such an open ending again. 9/10
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.