Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
I never complain much about the difference between Anime / Manga.
But this, oh boy this was so bad i'm so dissapointed that the anime go this way.
It breaks my heart to see how bad it is compared to the manga.
People that dont read the manga have no clue at all how great actually the story is.
Mar 26, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
I like this show. I really do! but was expecting more than this!
After that epic last episode of season 1, things turned to a totally different direction than what I was hoping for!
But was a good watch nevertheless, one of the few worthy shows of this year.
Mar 26, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
So
I kinda need to know
How do you make an anime ending so damn bad?

I could go on forever about how flat Tokyo Ghoul is. First season was okay, Kaneki was still adapting to his ghoul life and he was still confused, ok. Second season, protagonist says 5 words during 12 episodes, we never know what he thinks, his goal has no meaning, he doesn't have any emotion, such d4rk.

I'm okay with the fact that animes end on cliffhangers to drag the viewer to the manga but TG S2 kind of... pushed me away from the manga. I don't know if S2 is related to the manga or not, but there's way too many holes and confusion to be called a end.

I was disappointed with the first season but it was still a bit okay. For second season, I'd rate my enjoyment as 2/10. Glad it ended.

Though, can someone spoil me and tell me what happens to Juzo? Most interesting character imo.
Mar 26, 2015 11:18 AM
Mar 2014
Not the final episode i was hoping for but it was still quite good.

The Unravels song playing, while Kaneki holds Hide was beautifull.

Enjoyed it more then the 1st season.

That Troll ending tho :/
Mar 26, 2015 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
Dis da best animuh evah

I lol'd... I cryed

When da ovurdramatic music started and Kanuki waz carrying Hide I was liek omg such sad n deep

Before I watched this animuh I was just an edgy emo teen

But now I am an ENLIGHTENED edgy emo teen... Dis anime haz showed me the light, the meaning of lyfe

TGRA is luv TGRA is lyfe 11/10 Best animuh evah
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2015 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Lol what the hell Pierrot... Didn't like the ending at all. The rest of the series was fine.

Mar 26, 2015 11:22 AM

Feb 2015
Woah so...Touka didn't die :O
And that Kaneki's walk was.....painfull (AND ALSO THE BEST PART ON THE WHOLE ANIME)
And one thing, they didn't confirm Kaneki died, maybe he was just captured, or maybe he surrended, i mean he wouldnt want to fight right there, maybe he surrended and begged them to heal Hide, this could mean an alternative S3 (if we'll have it), and if it means that, since this way doesnt follow the manga, they won't have to wait for the manga to get material, since it would be original content, meaning WE COULD BE GETTING SEASON 3 SOON
Now go read the manga you bimbos o/
dis gurl was in da hospital becuz she had cancers in her eye, den her boyfreind said ¨i am goin to leave u cuz u cant see how much i luv u¨. da gurl was all liek ¨noo, y did u laeve me¨ and then da doctor comes in and say ¨we found sum eyes 4 u 2 haev¨ and den da gurl was leik ¨how¨ and da doctur said ur bf killt hisself so u culd have his eye an he said dat u can chow much he love u becuz u hav his eyes now and he can lok at u wenever u c a mirror¨ and da gurl was all leik ¨omg¨.
xXx...REPOST DIS IF U CRY EVRYTIME...xXx
Mar 26, 2015 11:23 AM

Feb 2011
Awry said:
No.

My feelings right now.
Mar 26, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
sunny-j said:

Though, can someone spoil me and tell me what happens to Juzo? Most interesting character imo.

Mar 26, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
Was that it? lol wtf. That was terrible.

Mar 26, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
So the person he was holding was Hide..... I did not expect that though. Well, I shouldn't have looked so deeply and symbolically into that poster -_-

That was sad. And an acoustic version of Unravel was playing during Kaneki's painful walk to death. :( This was a bit better than manga then again..

All in all, I prefer this ending better than the manga. The show gets a 7.7/10.
Mar 26, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Dis da best animuh evah

I lol'd... I cryed

When da ovurdramatic music started and Kanuki waz carrying Hide I was liek omg such sad n deep

Before I watched this animuh I was just an edgy emo teen

But now I am an ENLIGHTENED edgy emo teen... Dis anime haz showed me the light, the meaning of lyfe

TGRA is luv TGRA is lyfe 11/10 Best animuh evah

u rite m8
Mar 26, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
sunny-j said:

WHY IS EVERYONE HERE WISHING FOR A 3RD SEASON o__o
YOU WANT PIERROT RUIN IT TOO?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 26, 2015 11:32 AM
Feb 2013
sunny-j said:
So
I kinda need to know
How do you make an anime ending so damn bad?

I could go on forever about how flat Tokyo Ghoul is. First season was okay, Kaneki was still adapting to his ghoul life and he was still confused, ok. Second season, protagonist says 5 words during 12 episodes, we never know what he thinks, his goal has no meaning, he doesn't have any emotion, such d4rk.

I'm okay with the fact that animes end on cliffhangers to drag the viewer to the manga but TG S2 kind of... pushed me away from the manga. I don't know if S2 is related to the manga or not, but there's way too many holes and confusion to be called a end.

I was disappointed with the first season but it was still a bit okay. For second season, I'd rate my enjoyment as 2/10. Glad it ended.

I wouldn't worry about the manga. The season is supposed to be an original route, but what it amounted to in the end was literally cutting down and summarising big plot points and events from the original manga and avoid hate because the route is supposedly 'original'. The only 'original' content was Kaneki joining the enemy (so they have an excuse to keep him off screen and essentially write out his part of the story) and the ending. In other words they butchered the content, but had an excuse for doing so.
By the end of part one in the manga ALOT of plot points are addressed and answered (though even more are created in the process). It's these essential plot points that make adapting :re (season 3) practically impossible without butchering the series further. I strongly recommend the manga, just so you get a more complete idea of what was supposed to happen. Treat the anime as a separate thing entirely.
dedeogbeMar 26, 2015 11:36 AM
Mar 26, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
UltimateForm said:
Woah so...Touka didn't die :O
And that Kaneki's walk was.....painfull (AND ALSO THE BEST PART ON THE WHOLE ANIME)
And one thing, they didn't confirm Kaneki died, maybe he was just captured, or maybe he surrended, i mean he wouldnt want to fight right there, maybe he surrended and begged them to heal Hide, this could mean an alternative S3 (if we'll have it), and if it means that, since this way doesnt follow the manga, they won't have to wait for the manga to get material, since it would be original content, meaning WE COULD BE GETTING SEASON 3 SOON
Now go read the manga you bimbos o/

Arima sliced Kaneki asunder, fulfilling his wish to go home with Hide.
Mar 26, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
that... was awful. wtf? not even unravel could save this shit. well, we still have the manga so whatever i guess.
Mar 26, 2015 11:35 AM

Mar 2015
Huh? Kaneki Ken alias the Main Character died?

I thought there was such a famous sequel with this Haise-guy?!

Tokyo Ghoul logic at it's best!
Mar 26, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
was so hyped for this, but in the end it turned out as a huge waste of time.. only good thing was hide's part, but w/e.
Mar 26, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2010
Much less thrilling/shocking/heart-wrenching as the manga. A bad ending to a bad season. Also, lmao. Tokyo Ghoul is primarily an action story... when did it become a mediocre drama? Ten minutes of Kaneki walking, but no fight scene? Alright.

Still, of course, sad about Hide. Just could've been done better. Hopefully we never get any sequels, and hopefully they leave Re: alone.

Happy about the Jack OVA, though!!
Mar 26, 2015 11:37 AM
Feb 2014
This is how you fuck up a second season
Mar 26, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
sooo basically he gave up on life well at least that's what it seemed like to me
ending felt kind of bad idk wasn't a big fan of this last episode
when unravel come one it was pretty good but other than that meh felt like it could have been way better
there was more action less touka and they end with touka opening a new shop REALLY that's it ?????
[/quote]
Mar 26, 2015 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
Damn son, this episode was awesome... especially the ending it was... interesting?

I think this season was better than the last one. 9/10 from me because of this last episode.
Mar 26, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
i cringed when he walked towards arima with hide in his arms damn the animation was so fucking bad and than they didnt show the kaneki vs arima fight

3/10 burn this anime so we can only say the manga is worth to read
Mar 26, 2015 11:44 AM
Dec 2008
The second season as a whole is difficult to rate. Individually most episodes were beautiful, while others I couldn't make out what the heck was going on. I have read the entirety of the manga multiple times so I am trying to have an unbiased opinion, but season 2 was scattered and full of plot holes. I was disappointed that it wasn't exactly an "original" story as it tweaks events from the manga to crush it all in together.
Character's such as Banjo were completely pointless to show because they were either never showed again or even played a role. Kaneki never really had much of an appearance until the last couple episodes either. I was hoping to see how he would take out Aogiri from the inside out but I can only assume this because we don't even get an explanation as the why he even joined. I understand that they can only fit so much into 12 episodes but I believe that a true original story would have done so much better than what actually did occur as a whole.
To the final episode, I thought it was beautiful and tbh I am not bothered with the inconclusive "fight?" at the end. I am praying Hide is not dead in the manga T.T.
Finale: 8/10
The anime as a whole: 5/10
Dec 2013
finally this trainwreck is over

the manga was great but man did they ruin the adaption especially the second season
was complete garbage
fuck you Studio Pierrot !

Don't ever touch TG again
(but they will as evident by the announced ova, shit)
FuckMAl4132Mar 26, 2015 11:47 AM
Sep 2013
#TheFeels

who 'd thought that Hide was that in the cover xD ( no one )
now fingers crosses for S3 HYPE.

wath chapter in the manga did theye cover ? :)
Mar 26, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good episode. The first 10 minutes were very emotional, the Kaneki- Hide scene almost made me cry. I think the director (Morita I believe) did a pretty good job with this episode. Arima vs Kaneki offscreen was anti climactic, but it suited the whole episode's depressing atmosphere. I wonder what anime watchers think that happened with the 'click' and Arima's quinque on the ground.

As a whole it was a good season. I think it would be better if they sticked to a strictly original route or the other way around, because the precision at some points made some fans-including me- expect some intense scenes like V14, which I was eager to see animated. I think this season made a better job than in the last season at capturing the manga's atmosphere. 8/10 for me

Nov 2013
Wow that was so bad. It was supposed to be the alternate route. Kaneki joined Aogiri, I hoped for a totally different story. What I got was a summary of the manga with awful animation. And the last episode. The talk between Kaneki and Hide was really moving for me. I was thinking, maybe it's not gonna be that bad, they will change the ending? Well no. Hide died, I would call this a difference. But all this was just leading to :re. So they will make a sequel, following :re manga, and it will be as rushed as two previous seasons. I won't trust that studio again. They just ruined one of my favourite manga. Well, I'd say that there came two good things out of this anime. Beatiful endings and 'mmmmboy' dude's voice. Maybe I hate too much, but it was just a huge disappointment for me.

Jun 2014
Dissapointed cuz no Kaneki vs Arima fight :(
I hope :Re gets animated but not like this, I hope they animate :Re properly!!
Nice OST! Dissapointing OP and great ED!
Animation was a bit off in some scenes.
Studio Pierrot can't adapt this. I hope Madhouse adapts :Re!!
8/10
Mar 26, 2015 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
well just when i thought that you couldnt do any worse than before pierrot proved me wrong, one of the shittiest anime i seen in a while

Mar 26, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
Wait? What?
What just happen?
This is really enidng?
I don't really get it...
Just it makes me confused.

Whole series I was wonder who hold Kaneki on the picture for series
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/13/71777.jpg
and now... is Hide?!
But... damn it...
It was so sad! :(
Mar 26, 2015 11:51 AM

Mar 2014
Uminari said:
So they will make a sequel, following :re manga, and it will be as rushed as two previous seasons. I won't trust that studio again.

Adapting :re can be easier imo if you take into consideration the fact that up till now there hasn't been smth really challenging or difficult to adapt. I think they'll try to adapt a season of :re as soon as possible, so maybe they'll cover fewer chapters and not rush it as much. Maybe it's my wishful thinking though.
Mar 26, 2015 11:52 AM

Mar 2014
the episode was bad, well all the anime was bad,
the only thing good was the death of hide part and unravel, but the walk was toooo much time.
arima and kaneki fight. where where where.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 26, 2015 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
The scene of Kaneki holding Hide was nice.
Mar 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
Studio Pierrot gets the last laugh lol
Even with the bad adaptation the manga sales are increasing.
This guys are assholes but not stupid
Mar 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
Urek said:
sunny-j said:

No, but edgy emo teens love blood n mindless gore

They would probably even love stuff like Foodfight! if there just was more blood in it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Urek said:

They would probably even love stuff like Foodfight! if there just was more blood in it

FOOD FIGHT.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 26, 2015 12:02 PM
Feb 2014
THIS IS EPISODE IS SO BAD THAT I WANT TO DIE
Mar 26, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
Rin-ichihara said:
Comic_Sans said:

FOOD FIGHT.
Yes, The Foodfight

^This masterpiece
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2014
I don't get why everyone wanted the arima vs kaneki fight

there'd be censorship everywhere, we might as well just have waited for the BD release

Mar 26, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was even more disappointing than I expected.
Mar 26, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
danae17 said:
Uminari said:
So they will make a sequel, following :re manga, and it will be as rushed as two previous seasons. I won't trust that studio again.

Adapting :re can be easier imo if you take into consideration the fact that up till now there hasn't been smth really challenging or difficult to adapt. I think they'll try to adapt a season of :re as soon as possible, so maybe they'll cover fewer chapters and not rush it as much. Maybe it's my wishful thinking though.

Hmm I guess maybe there's a chance. But still, there rarely comes out a good anime with a manga still ongoing. I don't know. We'll wait and see. But I won't be expecting much this time.
Mar 26, 2015 12:07 PM
Dec 2013
kannequi said:

there'd be censorship everywhere, we might as well just have waited for the BD release

so getting nothing is better how?
Mar 26, 2015 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
kannequi said:

Because Daisuke Nawikawa
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2015 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
whoa, my heart started to break a little, when unravel played, that piano version tho </3

7.5 -> 8/10 overall imo
Mar 26, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
Shit ending to a shit anime , I dont read the manga but why did they even adapt this thing if they were going to screw it up this badly? This season was terrible , extremely incoherent , throughout most of it I just sat there wondering what was going on but the anime hardly ever explained anything and only continued to throw a bunch of new characters at us without even developing the ones we already had. Overall this show was a mess
Mar 26, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
oh man I didn't expect to cry so much but after unravel starting playing I just couldnt stop
Mar 26, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
This whole season was a mess. It's hard to care about characters that get shitty development. Hide dies, meh. Kaneki dies, meh. Now the manga impacted me emotionally because the pacing was right and the story actually made sense.
Mar 26, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
Journey_95 said:
kannequi said:

so getting nothing is better how?
Getting a zero is better than getting a negative. Well, not all the time, but this entire season itself is an example of it though.

Mar 26, 2015 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
Majuicezumi said:
I was cringing the whole episode because of Hide.
Even Boku no Pico was a better yaoi
Nico- said:
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.