Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
The have to make a third season there's so many cliffhangers it's crazy.
Mar 26, 2015 10:29 AM

May 2013
sucks bad i watch this with 2x speed and still find it boring 4/10

this season is about talking and drinking coffee (literally) and how the hell do you expect non manga reader to cry for Hide scene, it was just stupid, hide scene was like 70 percent of the last episode, which i give no shit about hide
Mar 26, 2015 10:33 AM
Nov 2014
Beyond disappointed. We didn't spend nearly enough time this season with Kaneki and Hide to make this deserve four minutes of walking, Yomo appearing out of the blue, Anteiku on fire out of the blue, and Arima not getting the hype he needed throughout the season to make this work. The directing is good, I can tell what each shot is meant to frame, but it doesn't matter when there's just no structural support for the actual content. Then we get teasered :re for all the manga fans, which makes me reflect on how many plot holes we glossed over that weren't explained because that was in the manga and the manga had the better story.

tl;dr manga master race

EDIT: Also, ugly CG Ixa last episode and textureless Narukami for the lose.
Mar 26, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Roelm1 said:
at this point its such a mess

first season was sloppy, second season was orginal

ppl wanted this to be the next naruto in terms of long time battle shounen
Mar 26, 2015 10:35 AM
Aug 2012
was anoying that hide never amount to anything when he had hints of being someone special someone who would have a big reveal but nothing.
kan committing un seen suicide arima would own him in seconds seems kinda fail it fits the show ish but still annoying to not see him ever go all out also anyone knw why in the cafe his hair turned brown before u see him leave with white wats tht about?.
what did touka see at the end which made her stop for a moment? kan?
Mar 26, 2015 10:35 AM
Mar 2015
Guys calm down, can't you see is an open invitation to read the manga? First, Kaneki was never really present, never got words from him or what he was really thinking, many other plot holes left there for you find it on the manga. Studio Pierrot did a good job trying to mend the first season, and actually making a decent "alternate" story, everything set for a possible third season ( Amon and Pineapple guy missing, Hide may be alive). Too bad there is no Kaneki vs Arima but with censorship would've be as epic as the manga so I'm fine with just the suit case opening.
Mar 26, 2015 10:36 AM
Feb 2013
I liked the direction of the direction of the episode, makes you realise how much was lost on both sides. That being said am gonna give the season as a whole a 7. Seeing as they have further plans for the franchise I hope they revisit the original route and adapt the manga properly in the form of movies or something. Unless they're fully committed to this original route and continue on to :re though am not sure how that's gonna work. Either way i think there will be a sequel of some kind
Mar 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
What a sad ending
Mar 26, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
dedeogbe said:
I liked the direction of the direction of the episode, makes you realise how much was lost on both sides. That being said am gonna give the season as a whole a 7. Seeing as they have further plans for the franchise I hope they revisit the original route and adapt the manga properly in the form of movies or something. Unless they're fully committed to this original route and continue on to :re though am not sure how that's gonna work. Either way i think there will be a sequel of some kind

Continuing to :re would be madness. They'd need to fill in all the huge gaps before they could move on to that otherwise none of it would make any sense.
Mar 26, 2015 10:39 AM
Dec 2013
That was a quite sad ending.
I was afraid that Touka would die, wich she didn't. What i did not expect is that Kaneki would die..
Some say that he didn't and I'm quite confused of if he actually is alive or not.

This season felt quite rushed and I think that they could have used more episodes. I know that the producers can't go over budget, but still..

I still have my hopes up for a next sequel and I really hope that Kaneki did survive.
Mar 26, 2015 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Waste of time this episode. If only Madhouse or Bones had done Tokyo Ghoul...

Apr 2011
A weird ending... but glad Unravel got played.
I guess there will be a Season 3...

Overall I give this a 8/10

Nov 2011
What the fuck is this shit? Even in the end, they didn't explain shit. They don't even introduce the clowns bastard so that we can hate on them.

We don't even get to see Arima beating the shit out of Kaneki. So much fail in this episode, its off the chart.

God, the scene of Kaneki walking while holding Hide is way too long. They run out of budget and drag shit apparently.

This is a tragedy story but I didn't hope for the adaption to be a tragedy too.
Kaiser-chanMar 26, 2015 10:47 AM

Mar 26, 2015 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
No:[ why of all people hide :[
drowning in my tears damnnn
btw really liked unravel in the episode

but overall this anime is shit,
manga is the best.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Apr 2011
Roelm1 said:
Im so confused did he die or what please help??!!

I'm confused too lol. I guess Ken didn't die...

Feb 2015
Pretty meh tbh.

They could have cut down on the Touka running scenes and added the Arima vs Ken fight would've been better in my opinion.

Mar 26, 2015 10:43 AM
Oct 2014
Idk what to think about the ending, I see the relation they made to the manga, but leaving out strong parts of the manga made this pretty weak. And with the manga being so new does that mean there won't be a s3 of the anime for a while?
Mar 26, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2013

Omg there's something stuck in my eyes god these feels were strong with this one.
But I smell I season 3 but we might have to wait for it xD

Unravel was played beautifully at the end especially when Kaneki was holding Hides body v.v
Mar 26, 2015 10:44 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, that was a fkin long walk.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 2013
what did arima do to kaneki?
Feb 2013
Z4k said:
dedeogbe said:

Continuing to :re would be madness. They'd need to fill in all the huge gaps before they could move on to that otherwise none of it would make any sense.

Completely agree. Like i said the only way they would be able to continue on to :re is to commit to this route. As such :re would be completely original in terms of direction. It's a bad idea, and will only create a bigger mess. Their best bet would be to animate the original story in the form of ovas or movies. But that really depends on the sales and the popularity
Mar 26, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:

This pretty much
Mar 26, 2015 10:45 AM
Jun 2014
Moodie said:
Roelm1 said:
at this point its such a mess

first season was sloppy, second season was orginal

ppl wanted this to be the next naruto in terms of long time battle shounen
im fucking crine that you came into this topic
Love ~
Mar 26, 2015 10:46 AM
Jun 2014
I don't really know much about studios being able to gain rights to anime series' etc, but is there any chance another company will be able to get the rights to Tokyo Ghoul and remake it? (ideally Madhouse) I'm honestly just so frustrated with the adaptation and if Pierrot announce they're going to adapt :re i'm honestly going to lose my shit
Mar 26, 2015 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
dedeogbe said:
Z4k said:

Completely agree. Like i said the only way they would be able to continue on to :re is to commit to this route. As such :re would be completely original in terms of direction. It's a bad idea, and will only create a bigger mess. Their best bet would be to animate the original story in the form of ovas or movies. But that really depends on the sales and the popularity

Yep it always depends on the sales and popularity.
Mar 26, 2015 10:48 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
beautiful T_T...... I doubt there will be ever 3rd season... but damn I would love to see more of this... both first and 2nd season made me almost cry.
Mar 26, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
vaikepois said:
beautiful T_T...... I doubt there will be ever 3rd season... but damn I would love to see more of this... both first and 2nd season made me almost cry.

There's an ova coming out if you haven't noticed.
Mar 26, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
episode had a great atmosphere.

the problem with the way this season was done is that having such an open ending with so many things unexplained is fine as we just followed kaneki's story that most likely ended here but there was simply not enough of kaneki for this to make sense. hell the second season was alot more about the world in general with lots of scenes for ccg members so just ending it like this is disappointing.

characters that simply did not show up at all aswell.

better than the first season for me but it felt like there was a lack of focus. something here something there some character introductions here some little back story there. a bit of everything but not enough
Mar 26, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
Man... I didnt see it coming... So it was Hide who he was carrying... :(((

That piano unravel made my day.

That tokyo ghoul Re ending though !!!!

Tokyo Ghoul Jack OVA confirmed yay !

I gave 7/10 mostly due to Kaneki's lack of presence in the show. If only they made remake of the 2. season that would just follow the manga...
Mar 26, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
vaikepois said:

I was wondering, what if they consider doing 3rd season solely focusing on the explanation of the missing plot-pieces. and then with around enough material start adapting :re
Mar 26, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
As a manga reader, I kind of enjoyed this. It's not the best, but it made me cry and my chest hurt. I didn't get to see much of Kaneki and Hide so if I were an anime-only watcher, I would agree that it wouldn't make me feel as much as I should. But since I'm not, from what I have read and watched, they made it seem like Kaneki and Hide were the 'amon and kaneki' (sort of) in the anime.

In the manga, what was emphasized was the human and ghoul relationship of amon and kaneki, as rivals. Here, it was Hide and Kaneki's relationship as friends.

Looking at Kaneki from the manga, and from Root A, they do seem like two different people (but not entirely).

Getting a Tokyo Ghoul (Brotherhood) may seem unlikely, and I'm not really hoping for it. Guess I'm just grateful for this adaptation. And even if it didn't provide what I expected, it still provided me with the entertainment I needed.

If you're complaining about the budget, what budget? Most people who view their stuff don't pay, which includes me.

Just glad they didn't use Glassy Sky again

kingfelix92 said:
kan?
who?

EDIT:
If you manga readers are complaining about how they didn't "explain shit", ishida didn't explain anything in the manga either, answers just came with more questions. Until he made :re.

This one, however, I doubt a 3rd season will come out. Unless, like I said... brotherhood.
kannequiMar 26, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 26, 2015 10:56 AM
Jan 2011
Z4k said:
vaikepois said:

The OVA is going to be of Tokyo Ghoul: Jack. But this series is very popular so it would most likely get a third season.
Mar 26, 2015 10:57 AM
Jan 2011
I'm disappointed they didn't animate the Arima vs kaneki fight. Wasting all that time on hallucinations and him walking for several minutes.
Mar 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
I thought this episode would be fast and packed with as much as possible since there were so many unanswered questions but... :/ like 1/5 of the episode was just Kaneki's hair. A very slow episode. I liked it but I was also kind of disappointed. There's so much that's been left out. At least they've hinted at :re (It'll be a long time before they can consider doing a third season though).

I can't believe the body that Kaneki was carrying is Hide! I thought it was like the human him. HIDE! :'(

Also LOVE the new version of Unravel. Beautiful song. :)
N☆ 

Feb 2015
animeranker98 said:
Z4k said:

I was wondering, what if they consider doing 3rd season solely focusing on the explanation of the missing plot-pieces. and then with around enough material start adapting :re

They should I don't think they could go straight into :re as it is now.

Apr 2014
xsilicon9 said:
Z4k said:

The OVA is going to be of Tokyo Ghoul: Jack. But this series is very popular so it would most likely get a third season.
the anime sales dont really warrant that the manga sales do

but i doubt perriot is gonna further dig them selves any deeper....they should stick with shoujo cuz they do an amazing work with that genre
Mar 26, 2015 10:59 AM
Mar 2015
In the end there was a sign of the coffe shop that read :RE meaning there making Tokyo ghoul :re
Mar 26, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
xsilicon9 said:
I'm disappointed they didn't animate the Arima vs kaneki fight. Wasting all that time on hallucinations and him walking for several minutes.

I'm glad it didn't happen. I wouldn't have wanted to see 5 minute of black screen.
Mar 26, 2015 11:02 AM
Aug 2011
Garbage until the end of its days.
This wasn't even trying to be good, at least season 1 gave you hope that they could redeem themselves.
"Original storyline" how about NO, thanks for nothing.

Urek said:
after rewatching it...
yup, no arima vs kaneki, no V14, no pierrot, no twins, no doc kanou, no sachi and why he is with aogiri, no explanation why aogiri did interfer with the CCG raid, no explanation why only now little owl did what she did

Exactly, devoid of everything.
Mar 26, 2015 11:04 AM

Nov 2013
RIP Hide :'(
I seriously wasn't expecting him to die //sobs
And i actually really liked this season. Now i just want to know what happened with Kaneki...

Mar 26, 2015 11:04 AM
Feb 2015
chingira said:
Does this count as hint or something?

Season 3 maybe ???.?
Mar 26, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
I was cringing the whole episode because of Hide.
Mar 26, 2015 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
Just a heads-up, when it showed Arima standing alone in the snow with Narukami infront of him, it then transitioned to which looked like Arima's hair being blown by the wind, that's actually Kaneki. At the bottom part of the hair there's a shadow which means he was lying on the floor. They didnt show the eyes but they probably would in the BD's. Just like how they did with the centipede part in the finale of S1.
Mar 26, 2015 11:07 AM
Aug 2011
Majuicezumi said:
I was cringing the whole episode because of Hide.

worst yaoi i've ever seen
Mar 26, 2015 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
parfaited said:

That's cause including the original route wasn't their goal.

Mar 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
Killing Kaneki off-screen.. I can't say whether I'm satisfied with that choice and the ending as a whole. :Re is probably getting an anime but I don't like the manga much so we'll see.
Mar 26, 2015 11:09 AM
Aug 2011
kannequi said:
parfaited said:

That's cause including the original route wasn't their goal.

I know it wasn't and they still fucked it up. Original route was still devoid of everything.
Mar 26, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
Kinda mad they didn't do the Kaneki vs Arima fight...
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 26, 2015 11:11 AM
Oct 2013
BakaDood said:
Well, that was completely different from the manga. First of all,
. And then there's the fact that Touka's hairstyle still hasn't changed -____-.

Also, she had only just opened :re there, so I expect it not to be a long time after the end.
Mar 26, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
I am sorry, but that was completely useless as an episode, everything that happened in this episode could have been condensed into like 2-4 minutes and done in episode 11. Tokyo Ghoul FAILS.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.