Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 27, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2010
Well it was fairly obvious that those who sunk became Abbysals though.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 27, 2015 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Some likeable characters, average action, nice ending. Fubuki's theme (ending song) is cool. But overall I felt something was missing. Give it a respectable 6/10 and will watch 2nd season.

Cashdax said:
SPOILER

Wasn't obvious to me.
Mar 27, 2015 5:59 PM
May 2009
so..... sunk fleet girls become abyssals? so this is night of the living kanmusu?
Mar 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
Okay ending to an okay show
Nothing was really bad about it but it really could have been a lot better
Will probably watch the 2nd season
7/10
Mar 27, 2015 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
Fight fate my ass

Rest in peace Wo- chan, and all the Abyssals who fell in Midway.
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
Mar 28, 2015 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
The show wasn't that bad, but it feels like they really rushed the last episode... And I think that the theory about Abyssals being sunk Fleet Girls might be accurate.
Mar 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was full of shipping ships! :D Akagi x Kana, Mutsu x Nagato, Kitakami x Ooi

So the hint was kinda clear...Abyssals are all the ships that sunk? 7/10
Mar 28, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
Enjoyed whole the series!
Could've used more Shimakaze though.. Season 2? YESS!
Mar 28, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Wow. This show.
People criticize Japan for WW2 and all they did and now they just sit there watching Japan moe-fying these battleships. Would people be so lenient if someone tried to glorify Nazi Germany?
Mar 28, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
Magito said:
OMG! Butthurts everywhere!

I was hoping it'll be better, but this was okay. I really love Ooi coming to rescue Kitakami. Kicking that abyssal and throwing it to the air was badass.

I am not a fan of this obsessive yuri girls, but going as far to break the rules a bit (kicking, German Surplex that enemy ship) just for Kitkami.. Made me smile. xD I think it was a surprise because I don't play the game, but I see this and the anime and.. Yea.

Otherwise I see so much butthurt. I know this anime caters the fans of the game or those who are lazy to even play it (I was waiting till a bright future where there's a English-translated server).

It was a fun ride to see plain-jane Fubuki go as far from a baby newbie ship to a a non-despair Meduka.

Komomo said:

BUT WHY DID THEY SHOW KISARAGI'S PIN

I was bugged by this... Like she did not her get full "rest" because of these enemy ships.

Skimming through and there.... I enjoyed it. Not that I'm here for something epic.. But just something to keep me distracted and entertained.

I'll be waiting for S2...

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Mar 28, 2015 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
Humph. I guess it was ok, but nothing special. Suffering to watch sometimes. Good action in there sometimes.
But I guess I won't watch the second season.

5/10
Mar 28, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2012
Did that surfacing object belong to Kisaragi-chan? implying that she's alive?
Mar 28, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

I actually enjoyed it! I think a lot of people were expecting to be like Zeta Gundam or darker shows just because Kisaragi died so early in the show.

Also what happened to Akagi never giving up? It seems the moment the same scene happened from the past, she seems to have given up so easily until Fubuki saved her.

I'm glad Yamato and others are in the game!!! Finally been meaning to see more of Yamato tbh!

For once Ooi actually became useful in this series.

BURNING LOVE!!!!!!!

Wow even Nagato and Mutsu showed up in the actual battle!! Nagato looks really strong and fast. While Yamato has all the fire power she wants, Nagato is definitely the fastest and probably bigger boobs as well XD

Didn't realize Abyssal actually talked in this show! Sakakibara, Yoshiko is her voice as well!

I freaking knew Taihou is voiced by Mamiko Noto :)

Seems the Admiral was alive after all. Wonder why he'd disappeared out of nowhere? So the plan was just to confuse the enemy since they might be listening to the radio conversation and instead bring everyone out to battle?

I wonder what was the Abyssal trying to say about "give it bacK?" I also didn't get the hair clip appearing at the end.

Could it be Kisaragi became an abyssal or something?

Looks like we'll be getting S2 after all!! Screw the haters, i want more Kantai action!!

I hope the next season, we do get more vessels being sunk(as much as i hate to see that) as well as more darker episodes, and even episodes from Abyssal's perspective.

Also more Atago screen time please!! She's my favorite character so please more of her!!!

Kongou is voiced by the same person, but i really want more Atago please!

I'm also surprise Shimakaze didn't do much in this show. I always thought she was one of the for front of the series.

I'm sure it would be interesting what they're perspective is and why they are doing this.

Good stuff! I give this around 7-8, but i enjoy the final battle so i would give this an 8/10.
Mar 29, 2015 12:03 AM
Jun 2011
There are a million things I could say (god knows I have), but I'll leave the talking to someone else this time.
I can't say this was the best anime I've ever seen, but I won't let anyone say it was the worst.
Until next time then.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 29, 2015 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
What a terrible episode.
Mar 29, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2012
pieispi said:
Wow. This show.
People criticize Japan for WW2 and all they did and now they just sit there watching Japan moe-fying these battleships. Would people be so lenient if someone tried to glorify Nazi Germany?

I love how you are pretending to actually care about WW2 do you get mad how Americans glorify the nasty shit they did back in the 'wild west'
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Mar 29, 2015 9:30 AM

May 2009
Well, since it was a game adaptation, it's pretty much destined to be an average fanservice at best...and that's what it turned out to be. So I'm pretty okay with it. 7/10.

Edit:
LastChapter said:
So much hate for the anime. I, for one, came in expecting shipfus, and shipfus I got. I wasn't aware you were supposed to expect more from this show.

Oh man this so much. Why were people expecting something else from a clearly moe-based show? Were they hoping for a Madoka or something? That show was an exception, not the norm.
Strawhat_PirateMar 29, 2015 9:36 AM
Mar 29, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2013
Fubuki saves Akagi, Yamato appears, Nagato appears, and Taihou appears.
As for Kisaragi, that's a different story. (T_T)

I am so going to miss the OP and the ED.
I enjoyed this season and Season 2 or whatever the sequel is hopefully will be better. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 29, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2014
Oh damn it, the first season it ends without we known the identity of the Captain... x(
But it had a nice ending at all! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 30, 2015 2:06 AM
Feb 2007
Rayzer said:

I can't believe Ayane Sakura can/voiced Nagato, Mutsu, Kuma, Tama, Sendai, Jintsū, Naka and Shimakaze!!!

For every Nagato x Mutsu moment,she goes like "Okay I'm shipping myself with myself :'D its atashi x ore!"

She really has amazing range. I couldn't believe she was voicing both Nagato and Mutsu.

And well with the anime, can't really say I'm disappointed because I enjoyed the series pretty much despite the lack of AkaKaga.
Mar 30, 2015 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
The show was EH over all.
Did pull at the emotions with all the ships gathering for a massive assault. At the end. But like who the hell were most of those ships?! Finally got to see Yamato in action too.
But still 7/10 for an EH anime that had its good moments but a super weak story and characters.
But the ED song was cool as hell.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 30, 2015 10:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Whew, the butthurt is strong in here. Like said many times before, I came for shipfus and I got shipfus.

My only real complaint about the episode was, where the hell is the bomb that abyssal dropped from the previous episode? Why is it conveniently gone in this episode when Fubuki comes and saves the day? That was some bullshit. That really led us on. Kind of a predictable ending though.

The show overall was decent. It had a better story than I thought it was going to, and hell it was even more dramatic and intense then I thought it would ever be. The slice of life stuff was alright.

Art and animation were great and high quality. Watching this was always a visual delight.

Only downsides is that the story could've been a lot better, we needed a better main character, and this show was riddled with yuri undertone garbage. We need a strong male lead to corral these women.

All in all, better than I expected. 7/10. I'll be looking forward to the second season.
Mar 31, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2014
You need to have really bad standards if this is "worst show of the year" material for you.

It was a 4/10 for me which is good as opposed to the various LN adpatations that aired this season. They are ALL horrible. Kancolle is good compared to them.

Arguably the worst episode of the whole series though. 6 and 7 master race.
Apr 1, 2015 5:03 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid, quite liked the action and overall cuteness of this show! It's mainly a slice of life but having the action merged together sure makes up for a lovely series! All in all this was pretty good!
Apr 2, 2015 12:25 AM

Jun 2008
LOL @ Japanese Revisionist history!

America wins....and they win easily.

Cuz America are WINNERS!

USA! USA! USA!

Seriously though, it was a cute anime and the Navy version of Strike Witches, but honestly, I'm disappointed that by far the most popular character (Shimakaze) was given such a low key role.

And if the story is gonna be like this, why not just go FULL Strike witches and make it more about slice of life than PRETENDING your plot makes sense?

The cute parts/likeable characters are the high points of this anime.....the story is definitely the low.
Apr 3, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
IT"S FINALLY OVER YAY (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

2/10
Apr 3, 2015 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
If you think about this show as an slice of life, and you trying to get into it, Kancolle is alright.
The last episodes were better. 5/10
Apr 5, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that throws in a really silly the potential that could express.
Narratively sucitato has no interest, too obvious outcome.
The few oddities that were seen during the story, were not enough to hold all the scontatezza seen in this episode.
Drawings with ups and downs, I'm curious to see what will be based on the upcoming season.
Overall, the TV series, with this final loses some charm; so my vote is 6/10!
Apr 6, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
How did the overall rating increased from what I believed to be 6.9 (before ep 12) to 7.1? I thought this episode would cause the scores to decline.
Apr 6, 2015 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
i like. haters gonna hate
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Apr 8, 2015 7:33 AM

Mar 2013
Zuihou said:
How did the overall rating increased from what I believed to be 6.9 (before ep 12) to 7.1? I thought this episode would cause the scores to decline.

Because many people don't vote at all until the series is over. Even if they didn't like the last episode, they might still have liked the anime as a whole enough to give a decent/good score.
Apr 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
marcosotaku said:
i like. haters gonna hate

Same. Overall I enjoyed it. There were some surprisingly emotional moments and it was better than I expected. Couldn't care less about all the hate. Also at the very least, it has a really good soundtrack.
Apr 12, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2010
Not a bad episode, and it ends about like I expected. Happiness, no death, etc. It felt odd to have Taihou thrown in there though. I like her, but she seems very deus ex machina in this series. The yuri was so strong in this one. I'm not entirely sure that Mutsu and Nagato didn't get married there at the end. The Ooi and Kitakami scene was probably one of my high lights of the series.

All in all this series was about as accurate to the game as you could get. But it had more potential than what he knew to do with. The episode structure is what pulled this down. If they had spent more time developing the characters and the like it would have been a lot more enjoyable.

I give it a 7/10 because I did still enjoy the majority of it.
Apr 13, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
wohohow! even with almost all of the naval fleet girls on the scene, it feels like everything was on despair, good thing armored carrier Taihou arrived and as usual Fubuki noticed the weakness of the Abyssal fleet.
And I thought almost all of the naval fleet girls were present but no Shimakaze???!?
Hyped for S2!!!

Here is my Top 3 KanColle girl:
3rd: Kongou
2nd: Kaga
1st: Nagato

Apr 14, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
I like some of the episodes, it was amusing to watch at least.

I still think they did a decent job, they tried their best the plot and it's better than most stories that I have seen..

You guys are exaggerating that this is the worst salt~

More Taihou~

6/10
Apr 14, 2015 10:04 AM
Jan 2014
Kinda typical anime for me. Its true that the final episode has so much potential to show the character's individual skills rather thant focusing on the MC. They could have shown for example maybe a combo by Kitakami and Ooi, or the speed that Shimakaze always boast. What i disliked was the cliff hanger about Kisaragi's hair clip or something and what the abyssal wants back.

Overall it was a typical anime for me, not that great, not that horrible. They did missed some things and messed some things up, but it is pretty normal in animes. Never played the game, so its all from my perspective about the anime.

6/10 overall
4/10 episode
Apr 18, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
The fleet girls turning into abyssals does not really explain anything. The abyssals had to come from somewhere in the first place. Unless fleet girls that hit a random rock or get sunk by a storm also turn into abyssals. Not that the actual identifiy of the enemy mattered that much.

Anyways, overall it was okay. Could have been better. Fills the spot when there is no Strike Witches (though i still have to watch Operation Victory Arrow), but can't really compete.
Apr 27, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
The ending spoils a bit - u wont know what is happening if you didnt play the game.
Apr 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like Teikoku went away to do LSC for Taihou lol
May 2, 2015 3:42 PM
Sep 2014
Not half bad as i thought it will be, really entertaining show. Great animation, amazing music. Story was nothing special since there was basically no progress but i smell season 2 will change that.
May 4, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
This is better when it's slice of life and not trying to actually be serious.
I agree. I mean, the battles look good and all, but I don't really care. The drama was overbearing too. The slice of life portion was alright for most of the part.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 9, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
couple questions:

what was the meaning of kiseragi's hair clip floating in the water at the end? Im starting to think sunken ships turn into enemy carriers.

who the fuk is commander? why wont they show him/here? Is he shown in the game?

fubiki was in no way needed for this fight, she didn't really do anything besides save akagi and suggest killing the enemy carriers before queen. If that was her whole reason for being there then bummer, totally thought she would get some super power up and go fuk shit up. =(

I liked this show though, kept my attention and never got bored.
May 10, 2015 12:22 AM

Apr 2013
I'm so glad my expectations were low because I ended up being alright with this show. :P

Not great/good/decent, I just find it okay. Wouldn't mind watching it again actually. I'd also like to know where those Abyssals came from because it actually scared the shit out of me when one of them started talking.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
May 10, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2015
PLOT ARMOR..... They won Midway with 0 losses....
#CHEXIT
May 14, 2015 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
i have no knowledge of the game yet i loved the show because it was a mix of 2 more of my favorite shows Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Strike Witches
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
May 17, 2015 10:09 AM
May 2012
There are three things that is wrong with the last episode:

- The action felt rushed, it felt forced and didn't even feel too natural
- Taihou, she should've been introduced in earlier episodes, felt like bad timing really.
- TAKAO?? WHERE'S MY TAKAO??? Well, at least Atago's there, BUT TAKAO SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE TOO :(

Still, the whole series was pretty enjoyable, save for the last episode. Looking forward to season 2.

7/10
May 17, 2015 7:58 PM
May 2015
Caught a glimpse of the flower that kisaragi wore (I think) floating to the surface. Are they gonna bring her back? Really thought she'd pop in at the last minute of the show to smile and fade to white because of that.
May 25, 2015 6:22 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect much when I started this show, but it turned out to be a very enjoyable one. Without poi and burning love this wouldn't be as good though. :'D
Looking forward to the second season.
6/10
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 5, 2015 4:03 PM

Jun 2012
Well I enjoyed it, but I started watching it only expecting some cute kanmusu doing whatever. I hoped for a good end art (maybe showing who will be in the sequel), but I guess they just end with Fubuki. Lots of focus on Fubuki, but at least everybody got a pretty fair share of screen time (except Taihou lol that's too bad).

Ooi and Nagato's melee fighting was the best action.

Looking forward to S2 and more kanmusu.

Jul 14, 2015 2:23 PM
Oct 2014
Tyrel said:
amateur said:

Nah son,Aldnoah S2 already has that position locked tight.
Not even. Even Aldnoah S2 is better than this trash. I at least can watch through Aldnoah unlike this show.

Aldnoahs plot = Gundam seed's plot imo
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.