Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 26, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2014
Well, I was hoping for more girls sinking, so I was slightly disappointed, but.. I had fun watching this overall.
Mar 26, 2015 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Sephil said:
I don't understand the scene at 20:49, a voice whisper: return it! returnit! return it!, 3 times, after that at 21:23 Kirisaki hair pin appear from the botton of sea. Means return Kirisaki's remains? or just her can now rest in peace?

It might be suggesting that the fleet girl(s) sunk was being turned into a "abyssal".
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 26, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Sure, show could have been better, but could have been worse too. After all, this was just fanservice for the players of the browser game, and as such, it was definitely enjoyable. Same goes for the doujinshi readers like myself.

I'm very happy to hear about a 2nd season! My hopes for S2:
- admiral will be shown
- Hoppo-chan
- moar/other kanmusumes like Tenryuu etc.
- story about kisaragi -> abyssal will be explained
Mar 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2014
Good ending! Such a nice episode with all the characters and two times of "burning love" ^O^
I cannot get enough of this anime, and I am so hyped for the sequel!
Mar 26, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
This was still fun despite fate being changed.

With more reinforcements coming to finally amassing a formidable forces themselves! The abyssal forces was really big though.

Seeing everybody returning in a line looked pretty amazing in its own way.
Mar 26, 2015 8:55 AM

Mar 2010
Too much Fubuki, not enough Shimakaze.
At least we finally got to see the Admiral's face in the ED.
Continuation better have some Bismarck/Prinz Eugen and submarine action.
Mar 26, 2015 9:07 AM

Feb 2014
I'm surprised they announced a sequel straight after the last episode. Whether it'll be a second season or a movie sequel remains to be confirmed, but I wouldn't mind watching it.

Oicchi's drop kick & throw combo on the Abyssal was epic and seeing Yamato on the front-line was great too, but apart from that, the fight was very good despite being predictable.

Overall, I'd give the series a 7/10.

Nov 2009
A bit too much Deus Ex Machina for my tastes.

I was expecting/hoping that some of the more important ships might have sunk. You know the Yuri ones, Kitakami and Ooichi or whatever. When they were surrounded they should have been sunk there, instead of being able to torpedo all the enemy at once. OP much? lol It makes me wonder where the threat even was tbh.

Akagi getting sunk would have been an interesting turn of events, especially if it was to save Fubuki or Kaga. Just felt really hollow and a bit of a blow to all the build up the battle was given.

4/10 for the ep, a low 6/10 overall for me.

Nov 2013
i thought and i hope some of them will sink in this episode.

And a ship, did a melee attack?? LOL
Mar 26, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2013
So it ends. 5/10 or maybe 4/10
I don't care anymore about how bad this show is. This is my new guilty pleasure and I will watch the second season
Mar 26, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
the only thing that good on this show is da ED. Will give this series around 4/10
Mar 26, 2015 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
CanisTomek said:
Sephil said:
I don't understand the scene at 20:49, a voice whisper: return it! returnit! return it!, 3 times, after that at 21:23 Kirisaki hair pin appear from the botton of sea. Means return Kirisaki's remains? or just her can now rest in peace?

Enemys they fight against are... their companions that sank? O.O That's what I think. If I'm correct then I'll watch second season.

well they got a name "abyssal" for some reason
Mar 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
well i dunno if those kisaragi-hairpin thingy is another plot-line, or just marketing strategies for "wanna see more of it?? watch da second season"
Mar 26, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2014
I don't expect much from this anime since it was there to promote the Kancolle games.
Heck, I don't even play Kancolle, but watched it anyway because of the cute characters. Yep, I'm probably not here for the Plot, nope.

The anime itself wasn't that good, while also not that bad either. Some parts are enjoyable to watch, while some parts are.. well.. decent?

Seiyuus like Sakura Ayane, Nao Touyama voicing multiple characters in one series were pretty nice to see. Props to the VA.

The ending was acceptable at best. Pretty disappointed there are no sinking ship(s) in this episode. Only one in the whole series up until now. I wished for more twist though..

The second season already announced, so there will probably introduce more ships. (the submarines, please make it happen)

Anyway 7/10 will be the score, it have it ups and down, but still watchable, well.. for me at least.
I want to play the game tbh, but I cannot understand japanese.. T.T

Mar 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2011
OHMYFUCKINGGOD I KNEW IT! THE ABYSSAL ENEMY SHIP WERE ORIGINATED FROM THE BATTLESHIP GIRLS THEMSELVESSSS

-mindblown-

kisaragi pls
Mar 26, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
I liked the anime, it turned out exactly how I thought it would, half "slice of life" filled and half action oriented. The ending was specially satisfactory I'd say.

And I knew it, that sunk fleet girls are what makes up the Abyssal Fleet. I guess the second season would go more into it. I hope so anyway :D

Tokoya said:
This series isn't even that bad lol.....Still this show getting another season shocked me

I wouldn't say shocked. I mean, the franchise has certainly been popular over there thus far.
Mar 26, 2015 11:28 AM
Jan 2012
inb4 another portions of hate. Totally loved this anime, absolutely what I expected from this show in the beginning, definitely will watch 2 season. So much dumb hate guys, its just anime. Do not like it? Drop it and forget.
Mar 26, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
Primeval said:
OHMYFUCKINGGOD I KNEW IT! THE ABYSSAL ENEMY SHIP WERE ORIGINATED FROM THE BATTLESHIP GIRLS THEMSELVESSSS

-mindblown-

kisaragi pls
How'd you come up with that? lol
Mar 26, 2015 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone gathered to defeat the enemy. This episode is alright anyway.
Mar 26, 2015 12:14 PM
Apr 2014
I find it amusing that allot of the comments are hating on the show while the poll still shows that over 40% of people gave it a 5 of 5. I never played kantai collection and started watching this series because of how silly of a concept it was. Maybe people are butthurt from the adoption from the game? Idk, I personally thought it was a really enjoyable time killer. Am surprised but looking forward to season 2.

8.5/10
OrbezMar 26, 2015 12:22 PM
Mar 26, 2015 12:20 PM
May 2014
Never played the game. Watched for interesting concept. Kept watching because I liked the OP, ED, and because Kongou was fun to watch. I enjoyed the series overall.
Mar 26, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
I actually enjoyed this anime. There were a lot of cringe worthy moments for sure, and the ending was somewhat anticlimactic, but I think it was still alright over all.

6/10
Mar 26, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2014
Awww I was so happy that Mutsu & Nagato came into battle that was awesome, Mutsu is so cute with Nagato. xD

Enjoyed all the action. Can't wait for season two!
Mar 26, 2015 1:46 PM
Aug 2014
After episode 5 I straight up skimmed every episode just for combat scenes...
Mar 26, 2015 1:58 PM
Nov 2010
well I guess for those wondering the abyssal is based off of midway island if you didn't know already
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Midway_Princess
but its not to say some sunkin girls dont turn into abyssals
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Destroyer_Princess

looks surprisingly similar to
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Harusame

or how
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Cruiser_Demon

is basically Naka and agano

But yeah Lol to the people who expected something amazing from this. It's fan service for the fans what do you expect? I enjoyed it but I also enjoy the game I never came into this expecting it to be the greatest thing in the world.
MrJcMar 26, 2015 2:01 PM
Mar 26, 2015 2:44 PM
May 2012
those who liked the series probably just wanted to see their waifus animated and hear them shout their iconic lines like burning love, pan-pa-ka-pan, poi, etc. (and I just wanted to see tenryuu but noooo..) while those who hated it wanted to see action while in hindsight, ships just shoots then hit or miss their targets, of course it'll bore you if there's only shooting and there are countable weak enemies every episode.
Mar 26, 2015 3:36 PM

Feb 2014
Well I knew this anime was only gonig to be decent since it's from a game, but I will watch the 2nd season of this and hopefully it will introduce...

Mar 26, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
aw, c'mon. it was alright for what it was. I expected cute girls wearing ship gear fighting monsters, and that's what I got. If you wanted something else, you should have just watched something else.

and lol! I'm not looking to get into an argument or a hate war but this just struck me as funny:
Tyrel said:
Not even. Even Aldnoah S2 is better than this trash. I at least can watch through Aldnoah unlike this show.

...since, you know... apparently you did watch through this.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 26, 2015 4:59 PM

May 2014
I enjoyed this show. 9/10.
Looking after the sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 5:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty good show, I was mainly watching because of Kongou and Yuudachi.

Kongou getting excited because admiral is back. Well we know Kongou is getting...

It was pretty cheesy how the group was in such despair, none of their attacks working, enemy reaches regeneration mode, but then a miracle appears. Girls take out main enemy, enemy leader destroyed. The ending felt like they forced the happy ending. Well, good thing admiral is back, we'll be seeing a happier joyful Kongou.

Mar 26, 2015 5:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
RanKizama said:
Aversa said:
The only bad thing about this ending was that Naka wasn't sunk, that girl is really annoying.

I'd rather see Yuudachi go under. Her "poi" tick could have been cute, but it was so overbearing that I wanted to strangle her.

I'd laugh if she pulled this line, "I'm sinking!!POI POI!!!".

Mar 26, 2015 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
It was entertaining, that's all that matters to me.

Mar 26, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2014
Nice battle at the end. Needs more explosions... :)

Of course someone comes at the last minute to save Akag and I hate how Akagi just accepted fate without trying until everyone should up.
"Anything can change!" -Chrom
"The future is not written." -Lucina
:)

Got to see more of Yuudachi, though! Poi!

Another sequel? I bet a ton of the fans that played the game are just going crazy and I actually felt another season coming. I'm not disappointed about this show. I actually liked quite a bit, mainly because I like the characters and naval battles.
Mar 26, 2015 7:18 PM

Jun 2014
That part where they were coming back to shore looked so strange. It just looked like their idle CG models floating across the water.
Mar 26, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
This is like if they decided to make an anime about World of Tanks but instead had the tanks being driven by little girls.. o wait..

why the fuck was Girls Und Panzer actually enjoyable whereas this shit made me question why the fuck I even watch anime?

Horrible series. Whoever actually enjoyed this is either a die hard KantaiColle fan or is below the age of 10
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Mar 26, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
SO TROLL
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 26, 2015 8:07 PM

May 2010
Lol at Air Princess's voice, it was too mature for her cutesy design.

Oi-chan using brute force to throw the enemy ship off. It was good.

Guess the fate here refers to 'history' So they are going for anime-original ending... in a way.

Nice to see Mutsu and Nagato in action. Lol everyone came. Why would you do that? What if someone attacks the base while you are enjoying your little tea-party with some 'who-knows' mob opponents? That was sorta annoying.

God those nya and kuma girls are so annoying. We already have one girl for that, I swear 'poi poi' is enough. It took me 10 episodes to get used to that, I couldn't even take her seriously as I do now. Kuma and Nyanya need chara development.

Hmm previous episode was making me push the score to 7.5 but... I guess a 6.75 - 7 it is. Good anime but it could use some work.
Mar 26, 2015 9:37 PM

Apr 2012
And another terrible show gets a sequel
2/10

Mar 26, 2015 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
So much hate in this thread oh my goodness. >.<

I only have understanding of how the game works, never played... but I still really liked this anime.

So much explosions! And the all star fleet, I really feel bad that Mutsuki was left out... and I am seriously looking forward to the sequel. Hoping it is a Season 2.

I don't mind if we get more ship girls, or even a new main character on a different naval base and connects to what this season has provided.

Still disappointed that Shimakaze was not a part of the battle. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
Ehh well I'm not really surprised they're angling for that "sunk shipgirls turn into abyssals" twist. I mean it's a popular belief among KanColle fans already. But hey if that Wo-chan was really Kisaragi, she got a major upgrade!

I love the game and I liked this show. A little too cheery but it was entertaining. I kind of chuckled when everyone was fighting...meanwhile Mutsuki was at home picking flowers. I just felt bad like, yeah I never use her in-game and she gets treated the same in the anime haha >__<

When Nagato showed up in the fight, the first thing I thought of was that one chapter in the Fubuki Ganbarimassu! manga where Nagato was complaining about being the lead and strongest flagship but it was Yamato who got all the love and anime lead roles lmao.

Hoppo will avenge you, Airfield Hime.

7/10. If I wasn't a big KanColle fan, I would've scored it lower. But hey I was entertained :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 26, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
Eh so much hate lol. Luckily im the type of person that just enjoys whatever i get xD for me this episode aint that bad. I dont mind for a 2nd season since im easily entertained :p

1. The asspull were as we predicted so im not surprised lol

2. The enemy finally talks. Points for that

3. I didnt expect for the enemy to keep getting up after being blasted like that. (thought it would be one of those cheesy scenes where the enemy instantly drops dead by the power of friendship lol)

4. I get to see Yamato, Nagato, Mutsu in action. Im happy enough :)

5. This scene..... this... scene.. makes my fangirl side come out:
Mar 26, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
Legal_Latino said:
This is like if they decided to make an anime about World of Tanks but instead had the tanks being driven by little girls.. o wait..

Or if they decided to make an anime about World of Airplanes but instead had the planes being attachments to little girls.. wait, they did that too and in the same style as Kantai Collection mixing SoL with battles yet no one was butthurt as much as this anime.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 27, 2015 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
that was tough enemy.

the carrier fleet has win against fate. :o

so only Kisaragi who die in this season, poor him.

until the end we can't see the admiral face :(

and sequel was confirmed in the end.

nice show

Mar 27, 2015 12:19 AM

Feb 2012
The people that call this show crap are probably the same ones that think shit animes like Code Geass and Mushishi are masterpieces.
I love cute ship girls blowing shit up, can't wait for the sequel!
Mar 27, 2015 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Jatts said:
So many butthurt people here, watching a show they don't even like. lol...
LOL @ the amount of rage responses this post is getting. So many MALsochists that realized 5 hours of their life just got sunk to the bottom of the sea and they're still gonna watch season 2. "Let's just hope it gets better. And if it doesn't, then they better make it better in season 3 or I'll be a mad pirate YARR!"

Aaaanyway, I personally really enjoyed this finale. Sure it was safe in terms of plot convenience and the like, but it was still exciting to watch. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this considering I don't really like much of what the studio Diomedea puts out. Even worse, the director for this is infamous for mediocre anime in general.

Definitely looking forward to season 2. It seems like there's a loose end left hanging with that enemy carrier. "Give it back, give it back." I wonder if it could be referring to the seas, that maybe they feel the Kantai girls are the invaders.

As a whole this turned out to be a fun bit of cute girls doing naval things. The balance between the exciting ship battles and silly cute things at base was nice and reminded me of Strike Witches in the sea. The concept behind the girls' equipment and how they represent different kinds of ships was refreshing as well. I wasn't a big fan of the heavy shoujo-ai vibes and sometimes the fights just felt like they were made more for showing off the different girls and their punch lines rather than the battle itself (such as "Naka-chan is the only center after all!").

7/10, now they just need an anime about Navy Seal lolis and we're set.
Mar 27, 2015 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
This show was bad and I am not happy about the announcement at the end because I watch it with a friend who is totally addicted to this show and poi. I hated it >_<
Mar 27, 2015 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
This is better when it's slice of life and not trying to actually be serious.
Mar 27, 2015 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
I like how people on here act as if anime is supposed to be high quality in the first place. All Anime is shit at the end of the day, that's why its enjoyable.

Its not Shakespeare, lmao.
Mar 27, 2015 3:04 AM

Sep 2014
Not having played the game I'm not too sure what to think about this.. At times it was actually really enjoyable but overall it felt kinda meh, not very much plot overall. Might've had a different opinion had i played the game, which I may or may not do.

Still, cute girls did cute things, it was fun and pretty much what was expected apart from the actual story, hopefully season 2 is better! 6/10
Mar 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
POI-ntless anime-POI... But cute girls-POI... Can't resist POI...

Finale - POI/5
Series - POI/10

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.