New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Feaor said:
Oh boy, dis gun be gud.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7kWIxm6.gif[/ig]
And I thought trying to draw out his homophobic posts was going to be gold...
'

What... It's like the boy who cried wolf

but instead it would be the story of "the bitch who cried rape"
Mar 24, 2015 6:01 PM

Feb 2015
This is why harem animes suck. It takes balls to reject some girls and commit to one. Any harem hero who can do that is the only kind worth watching.

Mar 29, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2012
NoblePhantaZm said:
I stopped taking other people's opinions of male MCs seriously a long time ago. If one shows any little sign of weakness they get dubbed a "pussy" right away. People will find excuses to call them annoying and bland instead of actually paying attention to the character and seeing their depth. That's not to say terribly written male protagonists don't exist, but at least a good 60% that do get labeled that don't deserve it in the slightest.

This.
Mar 29, 2015 5:09 PM
Feb 2014
i wish ange were a guy too that would make him premier alpha i also want to smoke weed with him when he gets a sex change
Mar 29, 2015 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
Shitposta said:
i wish ange were a guy too that would make him premier alpha i also want to smoke weed with him when he gets a sex change

I would like to smoke weed with Ange, regardless of gender
Mar 29, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
Kinkara said:
Is a very effective method used for comedy purposes imo.

Except it's more cringe-worthy than comedic in most cases. Indecisive and spineless characters just annoy me most of the time. People are naturally irrational sometimes, and it's those moments that can really define a character.
Mar 29, 2015 9:28 PM

Jun 2014

Wait, I'm late to here but what happened to Mayuka?
7starkiller99Mar 29, 2015 9:32 PM
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 29, 2015 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
Maybe in like harems but not evrything

Kamishiro Yuu isnt rly too assertive and he's a fken beast
Mar 29, 2015 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
If you like shows like Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu then you are part of the problem.

It's downright boring to see the women in romantic 'comedies' being completely unable to get through to a guy for season after season because he's completely autistic a little bitch lost his testicles in a combine harvester not assertive.

Are the viewers so bad in their own love lives that they need to dig this deep to find someone worse that they can laugh at? Is that what's going on? I hope not. That would be sad.

Dense protagonists can be funny, but you need to have limits. If the romance is being deliberately pulled back a rung for the sake of maintaining status quo because the writers have no idea how else to write comedic material and are thus happy to exploit that dead horse 'comedic' vein for all its worth (and then some), you've probably found a show that's not worth your time.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Mar 29, 2015 9:40 PM

Apr 2014
Depends on the shit you're watching, if it's shounen or harem then yes the main character usually has a very dull personality that make me vomit.
Psx Rival Schools 1p Mode Shoma Very Hard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XulZDm2-M
Bully Sfinges Club http://myanimelist.net/forum/?clubid=67037

Mar 29, 2015 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
icirate said:
If you like shows like Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu then you are part of the problem.

It's downright boring to see the women in romantic 'comedies' being completely unable to get through to a guy for season after season because he's completely autistic a little bitch lost his testicles in a combine harvester not assertive.

Are the viewers so bad in their own love lives that they need to dig this deep to find someone worse that they can laugh at? Is that what's going on? I hope not. That would be sad.

Dense protagonists can be funny, but you need to have limits. If the romance is being deliberately pulled back a rung for the sake of maintaining status quo because the writers have no idea how else to write comedic material and are thus happy to exploit that dead horse 'comedic' vein for all its worth (and then some), you've probably found a show that's not worth your time.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

The highlight of Fumoffu for me was the hostage situation.

*flashback*

But what if someone bad were to....

^ That was fun.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 29, 2015 10:07 PM

Aug 2009
silversongwriter said:
I noticed I got one more double standad when it comes to gender.

I can't stand a male character who's too chicken to go after a girl that clearly likes him. One of the worst offenders is Keichi from Ah! My Goddess. He pisses me off... I mean, I don't expect all men to be as perverted as me, but still. No dude is as clean minded as him. It's like this dude literally was born without testicles. Whenever I see him chicken out of situations that men like me would kill to be in, I just wanna beat him up, and take his lunch money and give him a swirly and shove him in a locker.
A woman offered to bathe with him and he didn't take that offer up... That makes him very "punch-in-the-faceable"

And I'm not particularly fond of this with female characters either, but it don't mind it. I mean... If say Belldandy was male and keichi was female then I'd have no issue with how it was done. Therefore, I clearly have a double standard where I think it's okay for women to be spineless in romantic situations but if you're a dude, then there's something wrong with you. And that's with a lot of things. It's kind of why I watch so many shows with female protagonists, because I can forgive a lot of behavior by saying, "It's a chick, what do you expect"

But really if I had my way, there'd be less "ballslessness" from either gender. Seeing anyone who has someone in love with them, and pussys out for no good reason annoys me.

Being a girl, I really thought Keiichi was honorable, modest and sweet. I think he's a guy who didn't want to go too far too fast. It doesn't make him ball-less, it makes him 'decent.' Going head first can end up with something neither person wanted. Anyways belldandy is ridiculously overbearing. But I can sometimes say I do hate particular ones in anime, but not keichi. (mostly In harems these guys show up)
Mar 29, 2015 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
Shitposta said:

I know that men are better than women in everything imaginable, but atleast give the 1% of alpha girls a chance :'(
Mar 29, 2015 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah you are right, but the Japanese customers love them
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 30, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:
Shitposta said:

I know that men are better than women in everything imaginable, but atleast give the 1% of alpha girls a chance :'(

Exactly.... I may say homophobic shit. I may say sexist things and often times claim women can't do as much as men do. I may insult trannies. I may judge people with different believes.

However, when weed is involved. NOBODY deserves to be discriminated against.
May 28, 2015 6:06 AM

Jan 2008
To me it is certainly annoying if the male MC (or side characters even) are weak-willed and submissive and it certainly diminishes my enjoyment of the show.

It is NOT more acceptable to me if female characters are like that, but that is mainly because you rarely see submissive females in anime these days. I am more bothered by the fact that the non-assertive characters nowadays are 90% men - you can look to any shounen romance, harem or VN adaptation anime and find an abundance of examples. It's like the anime producers are trying to suggest that is a male-only trait, i.e. that men as a gender are weak-willed or at least weaker than women. I guess they might be going for a subversion of reality where supposedly men are the dominant ones and women the submissive (which is again wrong).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

15 by ScarRufus »»
36 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

57 by luckyrune »»
1 minute ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

114 by -YaoiBoy- »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

19 by PlasticRobot »»
6 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.