Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2009 1:20 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WEDDING DRESS ERZA !
YEYYYYYYY !
But Natsu do the bad thing. XD
And Erza say stop ...
But sad ending ...
The future chapter concern Gerard i think.
Dec 4, 2009 5:25 PM
Sep 2007
I assume Erza will abandon Fairy Tail.
Dec 4, 2009 10:46 PM
Oct 2009
this is ridiculous...Gerald killed their childhood friend and he was a slave master...jus bcuz he done one nice thing and lost all his memories and now we suppose to feel sorry for him? good thing this manga is aimed for adults and not kids or else they would think its okay to kill ppl as long as you do something nice at the end ppl will still feel sorry for you...cuz thats definitely not how life works....
Dec 5, 2009 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
I really liked the flashback of how Erza got her family name! it was so cute. but with all of these chapters about Gérard, I wonder when Mashima will write of Mystogan's mysterious form again. I think Wendy was probably helped by Mystogan, not Gerard, so I wonder when something with him will happen again.
Dec 5, 2009 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
KoolKidsKlub said:
this is ridiculous...Gerald killed their childhood friend and he was a slave master...jus bcuz he done one nice thing and lost all his memories and now we suppose to feel sorry for him? good thing this manga is aimed for adults and not kids or else they would think its okay to kill ppl as long as you do something nice at the end ppl will still feel sorry for you...cuz thats definitely not how life works....

Indeed despite being possessed your crimes are your crimes he did a massive amount of harm - and then he did a fair amount of good - he seemed okay with paying for what he had done either way.

I also wasnt really shocked by how she got her name it was a nice scene though - I dont' see why Erza would leave Fairy Tail .. , than we just get another chase/rescue Erza AND a Rescue Gerard arc and I think ill start pulling my hair out at that point.
sirwenceDec 5, 2009 9:28 AM
Dec 7, 2009 8:00 AM

May 2009
Mizurax said:
Good Chapter...but it seems no one even cares about the Oracion Seis guy, and they think that Gerard deserves freedom, even though he could still regain his memory? Cant wait till next week

This. The Oracion Seis did just as much as Gerard and no one said anything aside telling him his brother was alive.
Dec 7, 2009 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
Well the thing with the Oracion Seis was big as well but I think they (the new council) might see Gerard as a bigger enemy because technically he was the one who resurrected Nirvana and also he was trying to use Etherion to destroy the world and betrayed the council. They never said what the punishment for the Oracion Seis was but they stated that Gerard would either die or be imprisoned for life
Dec 7, 2009 9:16 AM
Jan 2009
I feel so bad for Erza. Especially when the flashback was shown.
I'm glad Natsu started and tried to get Gerard to resist and stay with them...but it didn't happen...
Dec 7, 2009 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
This chapter fails on so many levels, I can't think this manga could suck more.
Does Mashima really think that we can sympathize with a homicidal maniac?! And according to wendy's logic, all Gerard's past crimes is forgiven just because he "wost his memowies".
I think Erza abandoning Gerard is a smart move because she actually cares about the future of her guild, not like those dumbasses who tried to save him.

FAIL chapter.
Dec 7, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
wow, leave natsu to start a brawl with the authorities, and poor erza
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 7, 2009 10:23 AM
Oct 2009
I thought that when natsu tried to sa e Gerard was cuz he saw how erza was feeling and he kinda did the first move. So she wouldn't get hurt tryi g to decide we all saw how she was acting b4 natsu made his move ...
As for gerard , he wasn't a bad person to begin with ...! And he cared about his friends and loved them dearly .. So after losing his memories he is back to how he used go be ..! And he took responsability for his a action !!
U say that windy met mystogan ..so how come she calls him Gerard even if they had the same face I don't think that mystogan would be going around telling ppl that he was Gerard neeeh??
Dec 7, 2009 10:32 AM

Oct 2007
Wedding dress Erza! 8D.

And here I was thinking Natsu was trying to get Gerald back in order to get him to join Fairy Tail XD.
Dec 7, 2009 10:40 AM

May 2009
Packie said:
Does Mashima really think that we can sympathize with a homicidal maniac?! And according to wendy's logic, all Gerard's past crimes is forgiven just because he "wost his memowies".

give mashima a break... this isn't suposed to be realisti. i personally don't care anymore what he's done in the past, just let them save them an start another (shitty) arc..
Dec 7, 2009 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
peroxid said:
Packie said:

give mashima a break... this isn't suposed to be realisti. i personally don't care anymore what he's done in the past, just let them save them an start another (shitty) arc..

I never asked this manga to be realistic or anything. Its just that Mashima is trying really hard on making Gerard look like a good guy and he fails at that.
We've already established in the previous arcs that Gerard had caused the deaths of many innocent people and he even decieved the council into helping him activate the atherion.
It's really disappointing seeing Mashima ruin such a badass villain.
PackieDec 7, 2009 11:30 AM
Dec 7, 2009 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
yeah, he was a great villain...

next > a guild for the sake of a single person ...

what will be if they will save him ? -_-

i would prefer that he would go to prison, then after 3-5 arcs, in the future, he will return again in the show lol)
Dec 7, 2009 1:24 PM

May 2007
I'm sorry but I just don't feel bad for Gerard or Erza at all. I can't believe they just forgot everything he did just because he lost his memories. -___-'

Dec 7, 2009 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
i really like Gerard. he's a cool character. i hope he gets his memories back and gets all ****ed up.
Dec 7, 2009 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
A normal chapter for me but I guess the next arc will be about Gerard...

smokes said:
yeah, he was a great villain...

next > a guild for the sake of a single person ...

what will be if they will save him ? -_-

i would prefer that he would go to prison, then after 3-5 arcs, in the future, he will return again in the show lol)

That might work, after several arcs, he will escape prison and become a badass villain again... Gerard is nothing unless he's a bad guy :D
This is a signature.
Dec 7, 2009 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
Weak chapter at best.
Dec 7, 2009 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
Feel sorry for Erza =/ there goes Gerard again, but next chapter makes it seem as if the whole guild is going in for this one O_O
Dec 7, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
Rescue Gerard Arc, which will probably follow up with a Mist Gun meets Gerard Arc.

Hopefully he won't decide to write something as lame as Mist Gun being the result of what good Gerard should have been doing in his life... A ying-yang solution like that would be far to stupid/blatantly obvious....
ReaperEXEDec 14, 2009 2:05 AM
Dec 7, 2009 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah, this was gonna happen sometime or later.
Dec 7, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2007
yeah....this chapter was garbage

no matter how you slice it Gerard is totally guilty of heavy crimes. Having "amnesia" doesn't cut it, and nor should anyone other than maybe Erza be making excuses for him...pathetic
Dec 7, 2009 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
Gerard will break out =___= He's meant to be a bad guy...when he regains his memories of course.

Dec 7, 2009 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
Finally a good chapter, first one i can honestly say i have liked in awhile. Everyone acted like they were suppose to. Just an overall good chapter, lets hope the next arc won't be as bad as the previous one.
Dec 8, 2009 12:23 AM
Oct 2009
Am I the only one who ejoyed the last arc? Anyway, let's just leave mr. Fernandes aside and focus on the Dark Guilds, ok? I really like Gerard, but you can't just turn a maniac into a heroe because "the poor guy lost his memories" and have the protagonists to save him, Mashima. Didn't you learn anything from other mangas? `-´
Dec 8, 2009 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
crappy arc as stated above, all I really care about is Natsu and his mysteries dragon powers. We need more of that and less Gerald dude, getting kind of old with him being the main focus as of late. Hell, let's even give Grey an arc for heavens sake.
Dec 8, 2009 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
Good chapter...at least Erza saw sense. Page 19 was really well drawn I thought too
Dec 8, 2009 5:34 AM

Jul 2007
I really feel sorry for majority who commented on this chapter as they are still living in black and white.

So what if Gerard was manipulated into doing all those bad things?

He still did lot of good and saved the lives of entire guild.

This strange shallow notion that people should be punished for smallest things, disregarding the good they have done is somewhat sad to see.

Seriously, people, Characters do not have to be boring goodie two shoes for you to feel sorry for them.

Due to memory loss gerard has a new perspective into all what he has done.

In a sense his current situation reminds me a lot of certain Destroyer of the worlds

I stand by my point that current Gerard should not be punished for what he did before.
Dec 8, 2009 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
That's Erza for you, sacrificing her feelings for the good of common sense. Gérard is still a criminal no matter how brainwashed or amnesic he was. However it seems like next chapter the guild will branwash Erza into rescuing that guy.
Dec 8, 2009 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
from page 1-14, i thought it was gonna be yet another 'LAME' chapter...
but...
i guess i was wrong ^^!
'it was ok' chapter for me in the end...
Dec 8, 2009 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
I think what Mashima was trying to establish was that Gerard isn't a bad guy and NEVER WAS A BAD GUY, he was being controlled by Zeref all that time.
Dec 8, 2009 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
wow...
dam poor Erza
o wells im pretty sure wut the next arc is gonna be anyways >_>
Dec 8, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
WolfWood37 said:
I think what Mashima was trying to establish was that Gerard isn't a bad guy and NEVER WAS A BAD GUY, he was being controlled by Zeref all that time.

what about that Mistung guy ? that is a good guy lol)
so we dont need 2 of them lol
Dec 9, 2009 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
smokes said:
WolfWood37 said:

Mistgun is a mystery right now, there is a connection between Mistgun and Gerard, like some sort of clone or human weapon or something like that. Its going to be a wait and see thing I'm sure.
Dec 9, 2009 1:27 AM

Jul 2007
WolfWood37 said:
smokes said:
WolfWood37 said:

Mistgun is a mystery right now, there is a connection between Mistgun and Gerard, like some sort of clone or human weapon or something like that. Its going to be a wait and see thing I'm sure.

I would not e surprised that there were three gerads.

That the one who planned the whole Eternity Tower stuff is really dead

And that Mistgun and this Gerard remember things up to certain extent .

That would also explain on how Fairy Tailcomes out all good, after they will try to save this gerard - "this man is not responsible for the crimes, for the one who committed them was a clone!"
Dec 9, 2009 7:04 AM
Nov 2009
Yeah, just because he lost his memories doesnt make him good guy, just look at heroes lol
Dec 10, 2009 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
Packie said:
I think Erza abandoning Gerard is a smart move because she actually cares about the future of her guild, not like those dumbasses who tried to save him.

FAIL chapter.

this i agree wiht, how could they just not consider what he had done in the past.
What would happen when he gets his memories back too.

The only thing i liked about this chapter was Natsu starting a fihgt.

Dec 12, 2009 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
He. Was. Fucking. Possessed.
He's not actually an evil person. Look at all the good he did this arc. Hell, he even stopped Etherion after he came to his senses.

Even if he gets his memories back, I don't think he'll turn evil. Unless, of course, Zeref decides to possess him again.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed this chapter. First time in a while.
amayadoriDec 12, 2009 12:49 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 13, 2009 5:23 PM

Mar 2009
wow...this ending scene is just epic...i got a shiver down my back I haven't had since Nana
simply awesome
Dec 14, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
wow Gerad haters lmao
Dec 16, 2009 9:56 PM
Mar 2009
Whens the next chapter??/
Dec 17, 2009 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
after 2 weeks :(
Dec 17, 2009 2:08 PM

May 2009
2 weeks until the new chapter??? how come??
Dec 21, 2009 7:57 AM
Oct 2009
So, since the new council is arresting all of oracion seis, does that mean lucy will get 3 more zodiac keys and a lazor like with virgo? I bet she'll end up with all 12 of them and then she'll be able to summon the spirit king
Dec 23, 2009 12:12 AM
May 2009
Wow, the wedding picture of Erza in a wedding dress was pretty!
Mar 21, 2010 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
Omg, nuuu. :(

I teared up.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 2, 2010 5:14 AM

Jun 2009
I would like to have Gerard on the Fairy Tail rosters
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 7, 2010 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
MetallicZ said:
Wow, the wedding picture of Erza in a wedding dress was pretty!

Can't someone transform me to a 2D character and let me marry her? She looked amazing.

Personally don't care much about Gerald, not because i think he can't be forgiven i just didn't establish any sentiments for him but i don't like my girl being sad so what the hell, save the bastard if you must. Maybe fighting the council will be more fun. I don't like authority figures anyway.
Jan 24, 2011 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
I really feel sorry for majority who commented on this chapter as they are still living in black and white.

So what if Gerard was manipulated into doing all those bad things?

He still did lot of good and saved the lives of entire guild.

This strange shallow notion that people should be punished for smallest things, disregarding the good they have done is somewhat sad to see.

Seriously, people, Characters do not have to be boring goodie two shoes for you to feel sorry for them.

Due to memory loss gerard has a new perspective into all what he has done.

In a sense his current situation reminds me a lot of certain Destroyer of the worlds

I stand by my point that current Gerard should not be punished for what he did before.

100% agree with this. But then again, I'm a sucker for his character archetype and redemption stories in general. I just hope they don't pull a Sylar and have him constantly switching sides. -_-

Also, props for using a Stargate reference. Although I always wondered if there was more to Linea's story then what we were told. /offtopic
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.