Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2015 1:34 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter is out and all the spoilers are indeed confirmed. Natsu demonstrating some impressive reasoning this chapter too. Seems it wasn't just power he developed
Mar 23, 2015 1:39 AM

Mar 2014
Gray will kill Frosch.
Mar 23, 2015 1:41 AM

Oct 2013
Natsu was indeed kinda impressive. I hope Rogue stays in the town.. :(
Mar 23, 2015 1:52 AM

Sep 2014
So Gray killed Frosch in Future-Rogue's past...
Considering all the discussons from the last chapter... I doubt that Gray would kill Frosch if he's just a spy. It would be OOC to do so. But... time will tell.

And Natsu demonstrated his desire to bring back Fairy Tail as guild in one of the most impressive ways: He is willing to consider a friend as an enemy in order to bring him back. This's going to be a really good fight.

Also: Minerva apologizing to Lucy. I'm glad she is back in Sabertooth and changed her way of thinking.

And well.... Happy.... You and Frosch would be a great team.
Mar 23, 2015 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
So this all does go back to the Magic Games with Future Rogue. It's sort of iconic that Natsu and Lucy reunited at the current Magic Games, especially with what's unfolding now.

Pretty nice moment between Lucy and Minerva after Natsu snatched Rogue away. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this arc goes now. It'll be interesting to see what was going on with Gray the past half year.
Mar 23, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2014
LOL @ STING

It was nice to see Minerva and Lucy being friendly with each other.
Mar 23, 2015 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
That Nalu moment though.

I'm impressed with events unfolding from GMG arc. Lately, FT is being amazing and I'm hyped for new chapters.

Mar 23, 2015 2:31 AM

Aug 2010
NaLu moment was cute :3

Minerva looks more cute than Hot now ^^; Didn't expect that to happen XD

And impressive Natsu. Nicely played. So there was more to what they heard about Rogue dying in a year...to think it was Gray who kills him.
Mar 23, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
WTF Sting got huge!
Love how Natsu said he would definitely bring Gray back.
Nice to see everyone at Sabertooth.
Good to see Lucy and Minerva chat.
So Gray is the one that is going to kill Frosch.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 23, 2015 2:44 AM

Aug 2012
So it was Gray after all
Mar 23, 2015 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
Dat NaLu moment.

LOLOL Sting!

Ah, so Gray really is the one that's going to kill Frosch..

Gamer6 said:

I'm impressed with events unfolding from GMG arc. Lately, FT is being amazing and I'm hyped for new chapters.

Totally agree. Loving it right now.
Mar 23, 2015 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
Now really all that's left is to decide which is the explanation for whatever is possessing Gray. Is it the Shadow we saw in the GMG? Is it an after effect from overusing Demon Slayer magic too much? Is it an after effect from absorbing Marde's ultimate technique? Is it the fact that he as a human came into direct contact with the book of END and received a delayed possession of sorts that grew over time?
Mar 23, 2015 2:53 AM

Oct 2011
Great memory, Natsu. If we count in chapter weeks, I think for us it has been less than a year and I had completely forgotten future Rogue's words

Mar 23, 2015 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
SandyBoi said:
Gamer6 said:

Totally agree. Loving it right now.

Yup. Look at the fact that Lucy doesn't hold a grudge against Minerva, the woman who physically abused her? Lucy has every right to despise her and tell her off for what she did but thats' just not who Lucy is. She is mature enough to know and understand that people change and I am just amazed by how big her heart is for others around her who have hurt her and wronged her in the past.

Lucy totally doesn't deserve any hate. It's too easy to overlook how she has matured over an year too.

Mar 23, 2015 2:55 AM

Apr 2008
uzee said:
Great memory, Natsu. If we count in chapter weeks, I think for us it has been less than a year and I had completely forgotten future Rogue's words

To be fair Natsu's memory for important things has never been bad. And the warning from Future Rogue WAS pretty damn big since that event led to Future Lucy dying and the entire Evil Rogue timeline
Mar 23, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2008
dvdmpg said:
Great chapter. I think it's safe to assume Sting is still the Master of the guild, since he's not taking jobs with Rogue, apparently. Natsu seems more mature I like that.

Darklight0303 said:
Now really all that's left is to decide which is the explanation for whatever is possessing Gray. Is it the Shadow we saw in the GMG? Is it an after effect from overusing Demon Slayer magic too much? Is it an after effect from absorbing Marde's ultimate technique? Is it the fact that he as a human came into direct contact with the book of END and received a delayed possession of sorts that grew over time?

That last possibility is interesting, it could be that END (or more likely Zeref) is manipulating Gray in order to affect Natsu in some way. It also goes well with the whole deal of: "I will give you more despair.".

That is certainly an option as likely as all the others. I am glad however that the infiltration angle was put to rest for good. The denial was getting grating.
Mar 23, 2015 3:06 AM

Jun 2013
Loved the chapter. Natsu was really impressive in this one, I like how this ties in with the GMG arc. Now one thing that got me thinking... how does Natsu knows that Gray is in Avatar, yes F!Rogue said that Gray kills Frosch, but that not explains why Natsu knows why Gray is in that guild. Hope we get the answer to that.
Mar 23, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2013
dvdmpg said:
That last possibility is interesting, it could be that END (or more likely Zeref) is manipulating Gray in order to affect Natsu in some way. It also goes well with the whole deal of: "I will give you more despair.".

I don't know about Zeref but too early to discuss about END though. We don't even know what type of personality END has. What if he had his own motives and a good backstory? Personally I look forward to the events which lead to END battling Igneel and how kid Natsu ended up with Igneel while END was sealed.

Mar 23, 2015 3:09 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
Loved the chapter. Natsu was really impressive in this one, I like how this ties in with the GMG arc. Now one thing that got me thinking... how does Natsu knows that Gray is in Avatar, yes F!Rogue said that Gray kills Frosch, but that not explain why Natsu knows why Gray is in that guild. Hope we get the answer to that.

I'm going to put that down as Intuition and deduction.

Exhibit A: It's one year later just as Future Rogue warned him.

Exhibit B: Juvia said Gray started acting strange not coming home as often before stopping completely

Exhibit C: Rogue and Minerva are sent to deal with a dark guild at the same point in time that Future Rogue warned him Frosch would die. Gray is also missing.

Plus he's not really sure which is why he told Rogue to stay at the guild and protect Frosch. If he was certain Gray was with Avatar he wouldn't have given that warning. But it's a strong hint and he's pursuing that lead.
Mar 23, 2015 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
dvdmpg said:
Darklight0303 said:

That is certainly an option as likely as all the others. I am glad however that the infiltration angle was put to rest for good. The denial was getting grating.

We already had that with Silver one arc ago. I don't understand why people wanted that again, it would be too predictable and even worst, it would be repetitive.

I said the very same thing last chapter my Friend and I got shouted down for it. Feels good when the next chapter proves me right.
Mar 23, 2015 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
Btw guys. Did Natsu got over with his motion sickness? Or did Wendy cast a spell on him again?

Apr 2008
Gamer6 said:
dvdmpg said:

I don't know about Zeref but too early to discuss about END though. We don't even know what type of personality END has. What if he had his own motives and a good backstory? Personally I look forward to the events which lead to END battling Igneel and how kid Natsu ended up with Igneel while END was sealed.

That may be so however Igneel WAS adamant that only Natsu could handle the book. And yet Gray a normal human touched it. So there were warning signs if that's the angle

Apr 2008
Gamer6 said:
Btw guys. Did Natsu got over with his motion sickness? Or did Wendy cast a spell on him again?

Natsu never got sick riding living animals. Animals aren't vehicles to him
Mar 23, 2015 3:17 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Gamer6 said:

That makes sense, completely forgot about it.

Mar 23, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2008
Gamer6 said:
Darklight0303 said:

That makes sense, completely forgot about it.

No worries it's one of those subtle details a lot of people forget bout him XD
Mar 23, 2015 3:19 AM

Oct 2013
Mar 23, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:
Loved the chapter. Natsu was really impressive in this one, I like how this ties in with the GMG arc. Now one thing that got me thinking... how does Natsu knows that Gray is in Avatar, yes F!Rogue said that Gray kills Frosch, but that not explain why Natsu knows why Gray is in that guild. Hope we get the answer to that.

I'm going to put that down as Intuition and deduction.

Exhibit A: It's one year later just as Future Rogue warned him.

Exhibit B: Juvia said Gray started acting strange not coming home as often before stopping completely

Exhibit C: Rogue and Minerva are sent to deal with a dark guild at the same point in time that Future Rogue warned him Frosch would die. Gray is also missing.

Plus he's not really sure which is why he told Rogue to stay at the guild and protect Frosch. If he was certain Gray was with Avatar he wouldn't have given that warning. But it's a strong hint and he's pursuing that lead.

Nice, I had similar thoughts, but then I thought."hey, its Natsu he ain't that smart". Ohh boy was I wrong.
Mar 23, 2015 3:23 AM

Apr 2008
dvdmpg said:
Darklight0303 said:

I said the very same thing last chapter my Friend and I got shouted down for it. Feels good when the next chapter proves me right.
Darklight0303 said:

I bet some people will only believe it when they see it ahah

Oh no then they'll say that Mashima pulled the development out of his ass and that it makes no sense. There's always an excuse for their kind
Mar 23, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
R4vel said:
A panel of Natsu and Lucy closeup? Woooo Hiro Mashima the beeeest.

Mashima knows how to tease us NaLu shippers well. And I prefer it this way rather than Mashima burying their relationship together now in the story. It makes my shipping sensors go overload. XD

Mar 23, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2008
dvdmpg said:
dvdmpg said:

Oh no then they'll say that Mashima pulled the development out of his ass and that it makes no sense. There's always an excuse for their kind

Well to each his own I guess. If Gray was my fave I would love to see this kind of development, but that's me.

That's because you are a fan and not a fanboy/fangirl o/
Mar 23, 2015 3:46 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303, may I ask your opinion on this panel?

I say Gray looks like he has some conflicted thoughts or is uncomfortable with some matter.

Mar 23, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2008
Gamer6 said:
Darklight0303, may I ask your opinion on this panel?

I say Gray looks like he has some conflicted thoughts or is uncomfortable with some matter.

Not really I see him just frowning with determination. There's nothing that denotes clear conflict or discomfort and again if he was the normal gray he would not KILL anyone especially not Frosch since that's not the FT way.

The cover was missing from the mangapanda version
Darklight0303Mar 23, 2015 4:03 AM
Mar 23, 2015 4:16 AM

Aug 2013
lol Sting you fatass
that awkward moment between Lucy and Minerva is sweet
I wondered how Natsu know that Avatar is Gray, but after future Rogue scene come out, it became clear
Natsu actually remember it
love this chapter!
Mar 23, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2008
Manga stream's translation also is clearer about Natsu's deduction

Mar 23, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
MajinAkuma said:
Gray will kill Frosch.

Well this was a surprising turn of events.
Mar 23, 2015 4:49 AM

Jun 2013
After reading the mangastream version, things are more clear now. You shouldn't take those avatar members seriously, because sabertooth sent only 2 members and a cat against what? Five or six of them... yeah.
Mar 23, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
After reading the mangastream version, things are more clear now. You shouldn't take those avatar members seriously, because sabertooth sent only 2 members and a cat against what? Five or six of them... yeah.

Then again it wouldn't be the first time a dark guild is underestimated. it can go both ways really
Mar 23, 2015 4:52 AM
Dec 2010
the Future is changed
i suppose , when the dragons appeared and they didn't kill them all , Gray killed Frosch

but now , something changed
its not %100 gray will gonna kill Frosch

or maybe Frosch gonna be killed by gray in another way

now because natsu is going to get the job , he will not find gray , maybe he will find another one

the Gray him self will go to sabertooth and destroy the town and kill Frosch there
Mar 23, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

Then again it wouldn't be the first time a dark guild is underestimated. it can go both ways really

True, but since Natsu is as strong as he is, I don't see them as such a big thread, then again they might be "troublesome" in that case, that's a nice surprise.
Mar 23, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2008
aos10 said:
the Future is changed
i suppose , when the dragons appeared and they didn't kill them all , Gray killed Frosch

now because natsu is going to get the job , he will not find gray , maybe he will find another one

the Gray him self will go to sabertooth and destroy the town and kill Frosch there

The dragons never appeared in Future Rogue's timeline. It was just acnologia who took over the world and that was AFTER the GMG.

Gray killing Frosch was still 100% until Natsu stole the job from Rogue in thsi chapter.
Mar 23, 2015 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
aos10 said:
the Future is changed

now
because natsu is going to get the job , he will not find gray , maybe he will find another one

The dragons never appeared in Future Rogue's timeline. It was just acnologia who took over the world and that was AFTER the GMG.

Gray killing Frosch was still 100% until Natsu stole the job from Rogue in thsi chapter.

It might still happen if Rogue decides not to listen to Natsu just because....
Mar 23, 2015 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
Darklight0303 said:

It might still happen if Rogue decides not to listen to Natsu just because....

Well he told Minerva to keep Rogue at the guild too. So it won't be easy plus the Mangastream translation made him more baffled than the indignant tone he had in the Manga Panda.
Mar 23, 2015 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
Looks like the spoilers were right. This arc just got a lot more interesting.
Mar 23, 2015 5:17 AM

Dec 2011
I hope Mashima-sensei will keep this quality,, FT is rocking lately and i am impatient to wait for new chapter every week.I can't wait for the Natsu vs Gray fight and Natsu sometimes shows that he is more mature when he was to Lucy....
Mar 23, 2015 5:38 AM
Sep 2012
Well what a chapter, first of all we got a nice color cover page of the Avatar guild, I love the red haired girl, she is just adorable, she is the Sayla of the group for me, meaning in the end I hope she doesn't die.

So Wendy doing what she can to help Juvia, I don't know if there is anything she can do, only Gray can heal her, like the prince in Sleepy Beauty.

The original Team Natsu on the way to Sabertooth, we have a NatLu moment, looks like something you would see in a romantic novel, if they don't get together at the end or at least have romantic feelings for each other, Hiro would be the greatest troll.

We arrive at Sabertooth, we see Yukino who is looking great, I love how happy she looks, we also see Orga and Rufus are kidding around, nice to see them, but no Dobengal, I feel ripped off. LOL. The face Yukino made when Lucy said Fairy Tail is coming back, was just so adorable, everyone wants Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Sabertooth, they all want to see them back even though as Orga mentioned it is better for business if there is one less guild. Just shows what an influence has had on people.

And than comes the big shocker, Sting what happened to you? He went from being the Natsu of the guild to the Droy of the guild, ha ha ha. Though Yukino with Libra's help was able to fix him up, I wonder if she could do that with Droy.

Lector does ask where Charles which is a good follow up on his crush on her establish in "Welcome Home Frosch", it is nice even the side chapters get some continuity. And Happy doesn't even know yet. On the bright side for Happy, looks like Lector is still on the same level as him and didn't get a powerup like Charles and be on Pantherlilly's level.

So Natsu where Rogue is, and find out him, Frosch and Minerva went on a mission. BTW, I wonder if Hiro is planning on putting Rogue and Minvera together as a couple, or is that just a coincidence, I imagine in the reality of Frosch dying on this mission, her trying to comfort him in this tragic situation, either way shippers are going to ship.

He catches up to them, turns out Lucy and Happy are following him, dam Lucy is the new Juvia, just kidding. Anyway Natsu grabs Rogue and talks to him privately.

And than we have Lucy and Minerva talk, and we get some closure from the whole Naval battle, Lucy has completely forgotten about it, though that makes sense so much crap has happened to her since than, and she talks so casual to Minerva right from the start like she didn't almost kill her, but that is Lucy for you, she is very forgiving to most people, except for Natsu and her father, anyway Minerva does apology for her actions, which is great, it helps cleanse her dark past, though if she hasn't already someday needs to settle things with Kagura and Millianna, once she does that as far as I know, complete closure. And I am loving Minerva's new hair due. Right now she is number one in new post time skip looks. Keep Cancer away from her Hiro.

Great to see Frosch in such high spirits, and Frosch shows his Sabertooth guild mark after Happy shows Frosch his Fairy Tail mark completing missing the point, oh Frosch. We also found out like I thought the other guilds didn't take part in the GMG because it is not valid without Fairy Tail, which makes sense they are the champions.

We also find out how Sting got fat, it was a eating contest, and Yukino being knocked out from the contest, was hilarious and adorable. In the end Minerva still won, she might have pulled a few tricks, well she is the Erza of the group, if Fairy Tail had an eating contest you know Erza would win at all cost. Seeing them do stuff like food contest, I love to see more side chapters of Sabertooth just doing day to day goofing around.

Finally Natsu and Rogue talk, Natsu finds out they were going on a mission to fight the Avatar guild, and we find out it was Gray that killed Frosch, and I guess that means Gray right now is stronger than Jackel, ha ha ha, he can kill an Exceed. I can only imagine how Jackel feels, what a loser. Natsu tells Rogue he will do the mission for him, and tells him that he and Frosch to stay in town no matter what. Hopefully he listens, but giving how clueless he is to what is going on, I bet he follows along, if that happens, it is his fault if Frosch for being stupid. I don't know why Natsu just tell him what was going to happen, I guess Natsu in the Doc Brown theory of not knowing about your future.

Natsu takes off to find Gray, next chapter titled Black Heart, not looking good for Gray being a good guy.

I loved this chapter, this is everything I would want in revisit Sabertooth, and this chapter making me fall in love with Sabertooth and see more of their day to day lives. If they are having eating contests, what other things are they doing.
Mar 23, 2015 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
Really happy that it did turn out to be Gray that Future Rogue warned Natsu about. It wouldn't have had any impact if it turned out to be someone not close to Natsu because of the look on Natsu's face when it was revealed. Now I'm hoping this doesn't lead to a whole "The future is unavoidable" situation where Rogue and Fro leave anyway and Fro still dies.
Mar 23, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 2008
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Really happy that it did turn out to be Gray that Future Rogue warned Natsu about. It wouldn't have had any impact if it turned out to be someone not close to Natsu because of the look on Natsu's face when it was revealed. Now I'm hoping this doesn't lead to a whole "The future is unavoidable" situation where Rogue and Fro leave anyway and Fro still dies.

I doubt it will. If anything the purpose of this arc is to completely indebt Gray to Natsu so he doesn't fight to kill END but to bring back Natsu like he did for Gray when he was gone dark side in this mini arc.
Mar 23, 2015 5:57 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I doubt it will. If anything the purpose of this arc is to completely indebt Gray to Natsu so he doesn't fight to kill END but to bring back Natsu like he did for Gray when he was gone dark side in this mini arc.

Guys, what if Gray dint kill Frosch at all? I mean, if Rogue misunderstood what happened?

Maybe some other member attacked Frosch, but last person Rogue saw besides Frosch was Gray.... He probably thought it would be Gray.

If this happens then it most likely Gray is a spy.

But if Gray is evil then we might another development to Gray and Natsu.

We might see Natsu vs Evil Gray and Gray vs Evil natsu
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Mar 23, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Guys, what if Gray dint kill Frosch at all? I mean, if Rogue misunderstood what happened?

Maybe some other member attacked Frosch, but last person Rogue saw besides Frosch was Gray.... He probably thought it would be Gray.

You really are that desperate to avoid Gray being possessed. WHY? Seriously there's no proof of him being a spy. None whatsoever but there's plenty of proof of him being possessed by something. =_=
Mar 23, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:

You really are that desperate to avoid Gray being possessed. WHY? Seriously there's no proof of him being a spy. None whatsoever but there's plenty of proof of him being possessed by something. =_=

I just saied what it might happen lelz. If Gray is evil its ok.

Just think this as a possiblity.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.